You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    Thought I would activate the winning account and un-leash the beast ! Good luck tonight guys, all showing how tough your group is and Matt has some serious thinking to do :) I would not be surprised if one of you FTs the open tonight.
    Posted by TP_Nutter
    Who'd be Matt on Saturday night? Not me, not for all the tea in China.
  • edited February 2010
    10 stts 3 hours cash and the open each night, that is all
  • edited February 2010
    I been a muppet and lost the requirements. ANyone know how many tournies, how much cash etc i have to play? the comp i am on atm is really slow and rubbisah and cant find tikays post! ty! XXX
    Posted by TP_Sparce
    What you like? ;)

The 8pm Main Event EACH NIGHT. (NOT charged to your Bankroll).

Then, IN TOTAL, over 3 nights.....

A minimum of 10 SNG's at £11+

A minumum of 3 hours Cash at 25p-50p+

I think......
  • edited February 2010
    10 stts 3 hours cash and the open each night, that is all
    Posted by TP_FlashF
    How you running Charles? Cold, tepid, warm, medium, hot, or sizzling?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : How you running Charles? Cold, tepid, warm, medium, hot, or sizzling?
    Posted by Tikay10
    He's played 2 x £22 DYMs tonight so far Tikay and cashed in both :)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : He's played 2 x £22 DYMs tonight so far Tikay and cashed in both :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    He the man!

Maybe he's been revved up by something someone said......
  • edited February 2010
    Yeah, was just about to post... my final 2 STTs needed to make 10 I won :D ... so bankroll right back on track now... now for cash and open for most the night, may throw some MTTs in later as well... great start much better ;-)
  • edited February 2010
    Yeah, was just about to post... my final 2 STTs needed to make 10 I won :D ... so bankroll right back on track now... now for cash and open for most the night, may throw some MTTs in later as well... great start much better ;-)
    Posted by TP_FlashF

• edited February 2010
    Just had the 2 most brutal hands in cash I could possibly get for huge pots total fml moment!
  • edited February 2010
    Just had the 2 most brutal hands in cash I could possibly get for huge pots total fml moment!
    Posted by TP_ljamesl
    Super harsh m8... Was playing on your table.. 88 vs AA on a A,8,2 board i believe
  • edited February 2010
    Sigh and that one was the smaller pot of the 2!
  • edited February 2010
    fml mtts going bad, out of double stack early, AA>1010 cant give random players in the big main events any credit when situations like that came up, probably should of folded. Didnt run very well in all my other mtts nto getting the doubles up when i needed them.

In Tks sleepstack, bubbled. Was starting to gain some momentum but got rivered for a double up to put me right back in it, finished 4th, 1st was 100 and something i think. Pretty frustrating night so far going tostart playing some sit n goes and maybe some good old trusty cash. Still think im playing quite well so thats all that matters
  • edited February 2010
    fml mtts going bad, out of double stack early, AA />1010 cant give random players in the big main events any credit when situations like that came up, probably should of folded. Didnt run very well in all my other mtts nto getting the doubles up when i needed them. In Tks sleepstack, bubbled. Was starting to gain some momentum but got rivered for a double up to put me right back in it, finished 4th, 1st was 100 and something i think. Pretty frustrating night so far going tostart playing some sit n goes and maybe some good old trusty cash. Still think im playing quite well so thats all that matters
    Posted by TP_BoyleB
    Just play your game Boyley, thats all you need to do. What wil be will be.
  • edited February 2010
    Sounds like everyone is experiencing the luck iv had over the past 2 days. Its my turn to run good for a change. Finished up on both my cash games which now means im + figures for Sit N Go and Cash... Entered a couple of tourneys now, If i get a decent cash in these then im in + for all 3 types of poker.... fingers crossed
  • edited February 2010
    Sounds like everyone is experiencing the luck iv had over the past 2 days. Its my turn to run good for a change. Finished up on both my cash games which now means im + figures for Sit N Go and Cash... Entered a couple of tourneys now, If i get a decent cash in these then im in + for all 3 types of poker.... fingers crossed
    Posted by TP_FlashF
    T'was never in doubt.

Meanwhile, the Gods of Variance are giving lJAMESl a right battering, & nobody has the wind in their sails really.

C'mon Matt-ers, 90 minutes to go, it's not over yet.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : T'was never in doubt. Meanwhile, the Gods of Variance are giving lJAMESl a right battering, & nobody has the wind in their sails really. C'mon Matt-ers, 90 minutes to go, it's not over yet.
    Posted by Tikay10
    You could play a whole football match in that time
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : T'was never in doubt. Meanwhile, the Gods of Variance are giving lJAMESl a right battering, & nobody has the wind in their sails really. C'mon Matt-ers, 90 minutes to go, it's not over yet.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Can you lead any team to any sort of win at the moment? ;)

Seriously........... keep going James, ur 1 seriously hard player to go against and can get it back m8
  • edited February 2010
    Just been playing a sit and go with Browndog. Very early on he pushes  with QQ, obviously looking for a loose call.
    And he is called by the BB with AQ. The ace of course arrives on the river. Chat box then reads:

BROWND: well played

BB: cheers mate

BB: how do you become a total player then?

Luckily Bdog had already closed the table without answering
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Can you lead any team to any sort of win at the moment? ;) Seriously........... keep going James, ur 1 seriously hard player to go against and can get it back m8
    Posted by phil12uk
    Yeah, Matt's left me in charge - he'll muller me if we Team Matt's first have a bad night!
  • edited February 2010
    Sigh, came 181st in the tourney out of was it 450ish? Tournies have not seemed to have gone very well these last few days.  I must admit though, I did enjoy the deep stacks and being able to play poker at the start.

Anyways, for tonight I just decided to load up a few cash tables.  I decided to change tact a little bit and opened up 3 betting range and firing multi barrells.  Seemed to work pretty well and i took down a fair bit.  I ran spot on EV for all in's i ithink so am a happy bunny!

played 0.5-1 and won  304.93

So finishing broll is £1254.40.

Have decided to quit early and spend some time out tonight.  Need some relaxation!  Its been a real fun couple of nights and learnt a lot about thinking about my game.  I have also enjoyed chatting to many of you as well watching the fellow TP'ers.  I wish you all the best of luck.  Been watching the games, and all the Tp'ers are really strong.  As everyone keeps on saying, I feel very sorry for Matt having to pick.  His fault though for picking the best team on sky lol ;p

Happy hunting all, hope u have enjoyed watching and reading!!!

XXXX

• edited February 2010
    Been biding my time on 1 table (50nl) that has a huge aggro whale on. Get my stack up to £100 hes deep has £80 he opens the button for £2.5 I 3bet the sb with KK to £11 he calls flop 652 x 2 hrts I bet 18 he ships in £66 I snap call with a fist pump! He flips q10hh and hits his flush to take down the £160 pot. Not what I needed when I'm already running like a 1 legged horse. Prob the most frustrating session of my life, can't win a pot where I'm ahead literally.
  • edited February 2010
    Sigh, came 181st in the tourney out of was it 450ish? Tournies have not seemed to have gone very well these last few days.  I must admit though, I did enjoy the deep stacks and being able to play poker at the start. Anyways, for tonight I just decided to load up a few cash tables.  I decided to change tact a little bit and opened up 3 betting range and firing multi barrells.  Seemed to work pretty well and i took down a fair bit.  I ran spot on EV for all in's i ithink so am a happy bunny! played 0.5-1 and won  304.93 So finishing broll is £1254.40. Have decided to quit early and spend some time out tonight.  Need some relaxation!  Its been a real fun couple of nights and learnt a lot about thinking about my game.  I have also enjoyed chatting to many of you as well watching the fellow TP'ers.  I wish you all the best of luck.  Been watching the games, and all the Tp'ers are really strong.  As everyone keeps on saying, I feel very sorry for Matt having to pick.  His fault though for picking the best team on sky lol ;p Happy hunting all, hope u have enjoyed watching and reading!!! XXXX
    Posted by TP_Sparce
    Stunning result! And a great piece of thinking to shut down early - what have you got to gain by playing on?

Matt will be proud of the job I did with you.*

* Terms & Conditions apply.
  • edited February 2010
    come find me James..... easy money 4 U as usual :)
    Sounds like yr runnin how i ran for 2 of my nites.... 50nl can be gruesome eh :(  callin 3bets QT std im afraid lol
  • edited February 2010
    Sounds like a night where that pillow trick might be handy James :( maybe even two !

• edited February 2010
    Well out of the £1500 GTD BH already :(.

Was a strange hand but I thought I ran through it in my head very well. I had JQhh on the button, UTG flat calls then next raises to 150 (blinds 30) I made a speculative call, reason being I was on the button so was in control post flop but also the raiser was short stacked, and being a bounty hunter was after that :-). Both the BB and the original caller also join in.....
    Flop Q,9,6 rainbow. The BB raised to 150, UTG limper calls raiser folds... it comes to me and it looks weak so I raise to 500. BB folds and the guy who was UTG limper then go's all in... We had about the same stacks and im faced with a big decision. It looks a loose call on paper but it didnt make sense, has he limp called UT Gwith KQ or AQ I doubt it, he could have a set, but I just didn't believe it as he was fairly loose, i eventually called with a milli-second before the timer ran otu and he showed Q,3ss... turn spade river spade, GG thanks for playing.

As Matt isn't here to go through the hand with was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the hand. It was boarderline speculative/hero call I know, but felt my thought processes were spot on
  • edited February 2010
    James - just variance, at least you won that £10k+ night the other day :)

Charles - great come back tonight, always had faith you are one of the best players on the site.

Sparce - very very impressive bank roll building.

Dave
  • edited February 2010
    Yeah flash I like the way you though about it but its probably player dependent based on me calling. 

The only hand which i would put a good player on the is AQ or KQ / Set how ever were blessed with not playing such players every night and its a bounty hunter so i would do the same.
  • edited February 2010
    Just been playing a sit and go with Browndog. Very early on he pushes  with QQ, obviously looking for a loose call. And he is called by the BB with AQ. The ace of course arrives on the river. Chat box then reads: BROWND: well played BB: cheers mate BB: how do you become a total player then? Luckily Bdog had already closed the table without answering
    Posted by penguin7

Thank GOD I didn't see it, I may have ended the challenge with a chat ban!
  • edited February 2010
    Tricky as QJ marginal hand so early in an mtt - even when flop is Q high. However, vs a loosey and in a bh  its not a bad call and was the correct one. Right read, wrong result in the end.
  • edited February 2010
    >pmcgrath10 raised for £3.
    >TP_ljamesl called for £3.
    >classasa folded
    >JammyBee called for £2.50.
    >KJKP raised for £4.
    >pmcgrath10 called for £2.
    >TP_ljamesl called for £2.
    >JammyBee called for £2.
    >Dealing the flop (4h,Qc,Qs).
    >JammyBee checked.
    >KJKP checked.
    >pmcgrath10 bet £17.
    >TP_ljamesl called for £17.
    >JammyBee folded
    >KJKP called for £17.
    >Dealing the turn (8d).
    >KJKP has gone all in for £43.10.
    >pmcgrath10 called for £43.10.
    >TP_ljamesl has gone all in for £31.75.
    >KJKP showed Ks,Kc
    classasa> folded q8
    >pmcgrath10 showed 9d,9h
    >TP_ljamesl showed Qd,Ah
    >Dealing the river (Kh).
    >KJKP has won the hand (£187.40) with Full House, Kings and Queens (Ks,Kc,Qc,Qs,Kh)
    >The hand has finished.

Get the whale where I want again and this happens!

Just LOL