You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Congrats on a great win Naomi under what I imagine is immense pressure. Fantastic!!!!!!!
  • edited February 2010
    Just like to say good luck to ljamesl.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    Congrats on a great win Naomi under what I imagine is immense pressure. Fantastic!!!!!!!
    Posted by phil12uk
    Thanks Phil and yes just slight pressure lol!
  • edited February 2010

Afterrnoon all.

As you already know, Matt cannot be with his Team tonight, for personal reasons, so I have been asked to be the Team Matt point of contact for tonight.

For the sake of transperency, here is a copy of a note I have just sent to all of them;

".....Hi Team Matt,

As you know, Matt cannot be with us tonight, so I've been asked to be the water-carrier & sponge-man. But I cannot & must not Mentor anyone - I'm not good enough, for starters, & it would also raise "impartiality" issues.

But I WILL be Railing your Tables, & Posting a summary of the night's events when you have all finished.

If I can help in any non-Mentor way, though, just shout, & I'll be there.

I don't do MSN I'm afraid - it's worse than Facebook as a time-sponge! - but feel free either to ring me - (number edited out) or e-Mail me, at (edited out).

Good Luck every one of you - not that you'll need it.

FWIW, I think the Team Matt performance has been quite astonishing. So far....;).

Just gotta keep it up now......."
  • edited February 2010

Are you serious????

I take issue with ANYONE who says msn is worse than facebook!!!

I must be the only 23 yr old in the UK without facebook! Its the devil! haha

On a serious note though, not watched this weeks players as much as last week, but Im on all night tonight and looking forward to watching u guys, and girl.

GL, and as always, have fun!

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    Well tonight is the final night. I must admit im very down about the week so far, I think iv played pretty well tbh, iv had a good few chats with Matt and he has come up with some good advise. Iv put his advise into practice a few times and its paid off so all good. But overall im running so bad! Its bad beat after bad beat. I haven't really got going and am the only person in the team who is in loss. Its very de-moralising, and as much as people say keep at it, dont worry keep getting it in ahead it still hurts (im sure you have all been there).

I am going to play more cash tonight and hopefully then if I do get the bad beats, I can just reload and win it back. In terms of compulsary games left to play, obviously I have the open, I have 2 Sit N Go's to get through which I will try and get done 1st thing and 30 minutes of cash, which I will do far more than that tonight.

I want to say a thankyou to the_gibb, Phil and Grimstar who have all wished me luck through the bad beats and told me to keep my chin up.

1 last effort to blitz the tables and hopefully get into contention. If I can finish in profit overall then ill be hapy, but the more the better.
  • edited February 2010
    GL Charles, to be honest it's not all about the profit. 12 hours over 3 days is such a small sample anyone can run super hot or freezing cold in that sort of time period. Its damn nice to be in the green though. Keep your chin up mate and if you are playing well you have as good a chance as anyone. Good luck tonight mate hope we both can have a nice win!
  • edited February 2010
    GL Charles, to be honest it's not all about the profit. 12 hours over 3 days is such a small sample anyone can run super hot or freezing cold in that sort of time period. Its damn nice to be in the green though. Keep your chin up mate and if you are playing well you have as good a chance as anyone. Good luck tonight mate hope we both can have a nice win!
    Posted by lJAMESl
    +1
    James is right Charles, tbh if I had not got the result in the BH, I wouldnt have a great profit either. Cash has been pretty grim for most of the tps this week I think. I Know its horrid especially when you feel you have played well, but with no reward. I was feeling awful after monday evening, its disheartening to say the least...I hope it turns for you this evening :) GL to you all for our final night.
  • edited February 2010
    Dohh get a life and get on facebook.

:)
  • edited February 2010
    That sure was a great night . Well done all ! Keep the faith Charles, if you play as well in tournys tonight as you did in the 22 deepie last night you will have a fighting chance.
    Great stuff Naomi, you managed to succeed where I failed last week by taking down a nice little tourny.
    Unlucky in the open James,always a real sickener to play well for three hours,right up there then crash just where the decent money started.
    Its also brilliant to see the guys willing to take each other on at the cash tables.
    FIREWORKS TONIGHT I THINK

• edited February 2010
    Well tonight is the final night. I must admit im very down about the week so far, I think iv played pretty well tbh, iv had a good few chats with Matt and he has come up with some good advise. Iv put his advise into practice a few times and its paid off so all good. But overall im running so bad! Its bad beat after bad beat. I haven't really got going and am the only person in the team who is in loss. Its very de-moralising, and as much as people say keep at it, dont worry keep getting it in ahead it still hurts (im sure you have all been there). I am going to play more cash tonight and hopefully then if I do get the bad beats, I can just reload and win it back. In terms of compulsary games left to play, obviously I have the open, I have 2 Sit N Go's to get through which I will try and get done 1st thing and 30 minutes of cash, which I will do far more than that tonight. I want to say a thankyou to the_gibb, Phil and Grimstar who have all wished me luck through the bad beats and told me to keep my chin up. 1 last effort to blitz the tables and hopefully get into contention. If I can finish in profit overall then ill be hapy, but the more the better.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Charles!

If you were next to me, I'd slap you round the chops!

It rained yesterday, too. Too bad - we can't change it now.

Sure, it's been tough, but looking back won't solve anything. Look forward, & forget yesterday.

Naomi had a rough ride on Monday, but she fought back yesterday, & finished on a high.

Part of MY Total Player would be strength of character in adversity, hanging in there when it's all a bit uphill, into the wind, with the rain in your face.

You can turn it round. I know you can, we know you can, you know you can. Now do it.

I have to be impartial, but you have been here for ever, & you have a huge bunch of followers all wanting you to do well. Don't disappoint them, show them - & Matt - what you are made of.

And think how proud your 17 kids will be if - when? - you turn this round.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Charles! If you were next to me, I'd slap you round the chops! It rained yesterday, too. Too bad - we can't change it now. Sure, it's been tough, but looking back won't solve anything. Look forward, & forget yesterday. Naomi had a rough ride on Monday, but she fought back yesterday, & finished on a high. Part of MY Total Player would be strength of character in adversity, hanging in there when it's all a bit uphill, into the wind, with the rain in your face. You can turn it round. I know you can, we know you can, you know you can. Now do it. I have to be impartial, but you have been here for ever, & you have a huge bunch of followers all wanting you to do well. Don't disappoint them, show them - & Matt - what you are made of. And think how proud your 17 kids will be if - when? - you turn this round.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Dont get me wrong im not giving up. NO NO NO... I never give up, you've played me enough times in the deepstack to know i never give up. When those tables load up tonight ill only be playing that game not last nights games but at the moment all I have is last nights memories. I am going into it with a nothing to lose. Nothing to lose BR wise (although I have treated this bankroll like my own personal one) and nothing to lose in terms of getting into Phase 2/3... This prize is too good to give up, its a once in a lifetime chance for me. Hope ill be posting all positive things by 11pm tonight.

The spirit of Total Player is still here, I am competing with James and Naomi and they are still spurring me on wishing everyone good luck. This is how it should be. Great stuff

Goodluck everyone, see you @ 7pm
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Dont get me wrong im not giving up. NO NO NO... I never give up, you've played me enough times in the deepstack to know i never give up. When those tables load up tonight ill only be playing that game not last nights games but at the moment all I have is last nights memories. I am going into it with a nothing to lose. Nothing to lose BR wise (although I have treated this bankroll like my own personal one) and nothing to lose in terms of getting into Phase 2/3... This prize is too good to give up, its a once in a lifetime chance for me. Hope ill be posting all positive things by 11pm tonight. The spirit of Total Player is still here, I am competing with James and Naomi and they are still spurring me on wishing everyone good luck. This is how it should be. Great stuff Goodluck everyone, see you @ 7pm
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Nope, we've forgotten them.*

* I'm assuming you were referring to poker memories.

PS - JFDI.
  • edited February 2010
    i love you tikay :)
  • edited February 2010
    i love you tikay :)
    Posted by murray69
    Ooooh!
  • edited February 2010
    Come on guys one final push and your there. Then you will have Saturday's show to look forward too.  I for one won't be missing it, James in makeup not to be missed!!! lol

Seriously good luck to everyone tonight..

GB
  • edited February 2010
    only just seen bh results, vwp naomi! seems last nite was a tp nite as every1 seemed to be doing well every table i checked. gotta love the battles commencing already between the teams :P gl every1 2nite, hope it all works out! p.s heard theres a champ in the making on 8pm winners jounrny if u can fit it on ur screen :) haha GL ALL
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Dont get me wrong im not giving up. NO NO NO... I never give up, you've played me enough times in the deepstack to know i never give up. When those tables load up tonight ill only be playing that game not last nights games but at the moment all I have is last nights memories. I am going into it with a nothing to lose. Nothing to lose BR wise (although I have treated this bankroll like my own personal one) and nothing to lose in terms of getting into Phase 2/3... This prize is too good to give up, its a once in a lifetime chance for me. Hope ill be posting all positive things by 11pm tonight. The spirit of Total Player is still here, I am competing with James and Naomi and they are still spurring me on wishing everyone good luck. This is how it should be. Great stuff Goodluck everyone, see you @ 7pm
    Posted by FlashFlush

go kick b utt tonight m8y and gl all !
  • edited February 2010
    Come on guys one final push and your there. Then you will have Saturday's show to look forward too.  I for one won't be missing it, James in makeup not to be missed!!! lol Seriously good luck to everyone tonight.. GB
    Posted by GliterBabe
    I thought I had got away with this joke ffs lol. It was on facebook earlier too.. I'm so gulubble!
  • edited February 2010
    Just want to make another quick comment before the night starts....

I think my thread earlier may of been taken in the wrong way. I just want to say IM NOT GIVING UP AT ALL!!! If anything its spurring me on more to do well tonight (If thats at all possible) This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me and the last thing I want Matt or Tikay to be thinking is when the going gets tough I crumble....

All I meant was I was a bit down as I didn't feel I had played badly, (possibly could of played a bit different in certain situations) yet I was still in negative figure, on another day I could be well into profit, but hey ho thats poker and iv been playing this stupid game for long enough to realise that ;-)

When I win the 8pm tonight along with turning my cash tables into 5x my buyins I cant be dropped ;-)

Goodluck to everyone and see you in an hour
  • edited February 2010
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I and no1 else Im sure wud have u down as a quitter, or having given up. Just coz ur balance is lowest, u cud be first on Matt's list for performance/skill level. Who knows?

The point I wanna get accross, and which loadza people may miss, is, especially for the non-poker pros in this comp, that the emphasis should be on grabbing the amazing opportunity given to u, the chance to play, FOR FREE, with constant 1 on 1 coaching,mentoring and have ur play analysed. 

Just want u to enjoy urself mate, and the others.

I know when I play, its all gonna be about enjoyment, thats why Ive turned down the interviews and other stuff offered to me, I want to play poker, and play it well, and enjoy playing it. I hope you do the same tonight, I was by no means suggesting you had given up, that isnt how your post came across to me!.

Everyones behind ya bud, Have fun!

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    Just want to make another quick comment before the night starts.... I think my thread earlier may of been taken in the wrong way. I just want to say IM NOT GIVING UP AT ALL!!! If anything its spurring me on more to do well tonight (If thats at all possible) This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me and the last thing I want Matt or Tikay to be thinking is when the going gets tough I crumble.... All I meant was I was a bit down as I didn't feel I had played badly, (possibly could of played a bit different in certain situations) yet I was still in negative figure, on another day I could be well into profit, but hey ho thats poker and iv been playing this stupid game for long enough to realise that ;-) When I win the 8pm tonight along with turning my cash tables into 5x my buyins I cant be dropped ;-) Goodluck to everyone and see you in an hour
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I would not be at all surprised!

Go for it man.

• edited February 2010

ATTENTION ALL TEAM MATT-ERS!

Don't forget to send in your hands that you want considered for showing on Saturday's Episode by NOON ON THURSDAY (tomorrow!). 

Send it to the Mentor's Hotmail account.
  • edited February 2010
    Just red bulled up and ready for tonight and am looking forward to it.  Have not been playing much this week as snowed under with work, but really enjoying the comp part of playing. dont think i am going to mass multi table tonight, espec with the tourney on as i would like to do well in it!  This group has shown how strong it is, and I have really enjoy having a few extra tables open watching how other people have done.

Really well done so far to James and Naomi! shows how class they r with their tourney results!

As for u charles, hope it goes better tonight, just play ur game and fingers crossed u run better tonight!

Anyways, see u all at the tables.

XXXXX
  • edited February 2010
    Good Luck Team Swindon!! As James said Charles, remember its not about how much money u make. Its about how well u play. As long as u think your playing well, u will have a great chance!!
  • edited February 2010

GL for tonight boys and girls.
    Hope you all smash it up.

• edited February 2010
    EVERYONE COME PLAY THE 2.20 HU!!!, 19.15 start, only 2 regged
  • edited February 2010
    EVERYONE COME PLAY THE 2.20 HU!!!, 17.15 start, only 2 regged
    Posted by TP_BoyleB
    17.15 start? You mean 19.15?
  • edited February 2010
    Thought I would activate the winning account and un-leash the beast !

Good luck tonight guys, all showing how tough your group is and Matt has some serious thinking to do :)

I would not be surprised if one of you FTs the open tonight.
  • edited February 2010
    I been a muppet and lost the requirements. ANyone know how many tournies, how much cash etc i have to play? the comp i am on atm is really slow and rubbisah and cant find tikays post! ty!
    XXX