You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Good luck to all you TP's tonight!!
  • edited February 2010
    gl  all tonight  !
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    Well done to all the Matt-ers. Sounds like it was "character testing" for some of you. Well, cometh the hour, cometh the man. Or even Naomi...... Talking of which, I was jumping around the Tables watching tricks last night, & it looked to me like Naimi was having a shocker, she was in OutDraw-City. Frankly, I doubt if that will register on Matt's Class-Ometer. Even winning players get outdrawn. I'll be busy in TKO tonight for a while, but I'll be Railing at some point during the evening. I wish you all well.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks tikay:) and everyone else kind words..It happens, and yes out to take the bull by the horns so to speak ! New day ....GL team Matt this evening:)
  • edited February 2010
    Evening Team Matt - good luck tonight.

Last night Charles sent me his login details and a few hand histories he was keen for me to look over today to discuss tonight.

i think this was a useful excersise and wanted to extend the invite to the full team.

Speak soon

Matt
  • edited February 2010
    I know it is relatively early - but how are the TP players doing. In particular my buds Charlie and James?!

Come on fellas take it down - a strong middle night will build your confidence for the final hurrah tomorrow!

Dave
  • edited February 2010
    well tp sparce is going for it ,

on  3  different    50p/£1 cash tables ,

gl mr sparce and all !
  • edited February 2010
    Really enjoyed battling James on the cash table earlier.

Ur a very tough opponent buddy - especially when sat to my left!
  • edited February 2010

Boyley, who is on my Table in the ME (I've got Position, & we've had a few "incidents....) seems to be murdering the Cash Tables. He's on 4 or 5, & sharing two of them with a Team Matt-er, too.

These boys are really going for it tonight.
  • edited February 2010
    Watching the mastercash10 table and it seems Matt wants to observe a little too closely the action of James and Boyle.................. he's playing as well! :)
  • edited February 2010
    sparce is running hot in the cash tables !
  • edited February 2010
    Hmm, So the evening is done.

Again, I got into some nice spots and got called down a bit lightly on occasion which saw me through.  Seemed like i was forever getting in tough spots being dominated, losing 50:50s and was just about breaking even (again prob not running bad as i wasnt actually losing that much, but it felt real bad and demoralising!!). Anyhows, I trundled on regardless, drinking coke to give me the occasional burst of hyperactivity, playing my game, not much happening until my night finished with a bang! Whammo, i won my only 50+5 speed sit and go for the night.  A run of 60:40s, 50:50s late game came in my favour and i took home a cool prize of £225!!!

Didnt do well in the tournament.  Started off having too many tables open and donked off some chips, before deciding to push short stack and losing.  Oh well!

I think my missus deserves a big thankyou here too. Not seen her in a couple of weeks, she comes to visit, and what am i doing??playing poker!!! :/  Bringing me coke and water is a massive plus!! Time to go and romance her after this post lol!

Meta game observation i had tonight: do not eat a massive roast before playing.  i felt super dooper tired! was not fun playing lethargically!

So results:

5 * 50+5 DYM    Lost 3   Won 2   Net  -75
    1 * 50+5 Speed    Lost 0   Won 1 Net 170
    1* 6 tourney  Lost      - 6

So tourney wise won 89

and Cash I won: 65.93

Night total = £ 154.93

Total broll: 949.47

Wishing you all happy huntings at the tables!

XXXXXXXXX

• edited February 2010
    Day 2 Summary

I decided I would stay clear of cash today. I went down the sit n go and MTT route. Started off badly again, losing my 1st 2 DYMs which were so reliable for me yesterday. I also played the £22 deepstack which was the only joy I had tonight. I have only just finished it after finishing in 3rd for £50. As for the open? Well I built up a good stack was well above average and looking good, that was until some1 decided J10 was unbeatable, and so it seemed vs my AQ, that damaged my stack, then very next hand I pick up AA which loses to AK suited after they hit a flush. So from a nice 8k stack (I think average about 5k) I was out in 2 hands!

I did well in the 9pm £1kGTD, but then had a bit of a blowup close to the money, I had been in the top 10 with 100+ runenrs left for a while but lost abit after trying to bully with my stack. I picked up 44 raised and got called, board came pretty dry, it checks to me I shove and guy had a set of 5's OOPS gg.

Overall very disapointing night again but finished with a 3rd place so not too bad. Hoping to finally run good tomorrow.

BR £452.58   :-(

Flash
  • edited February 2010
    Feeling demoralised and tilted. Another deep run in the main MTT tonight and a measley cash of £44 for 11th in the £4000 Gtd Open. Played a perfect game and won peanuts. 

Decided not to play SNGs tonight focused on cash didn't win much had some decent stacks pretty much terrorised every table I was on. Seemed though for every big pot I won someone was ready to cooler me or suckout on the next table. Played well made some good folds and reads. Not much more I can do to be honest.

Made a small profit on cash.

Finished the night up +£104 BR back to £502.

PS - Wp Phil12uk on cash you weren't a pushover yourself :)

• edited February 2010
    At close of play (with Naomi still live in some tourneys so her BR to come)

James had a stella night but kept getting clattered. BR = £502
    Charles focused on MTTS and went deep in deepstack. BR = £452.58
    BrownDog quietly ticked over, grinding away like a champ. BR = 566.42 (+107.95 for the night)
    Boyle chugging like a boat. BR = £686
    Sparce continued to hit the higher tables, but far less volume at once than last night. BR = £949.47

Felt more controlled and less manic tonight. With lots of people having satisfied the imposed requirements I think people were happier to settle down and focus. Not so many tables, and more playing to stregths.

Special mention to birthday boy James. What a way to spend your birthday night! Still £2 profit to enjoy ^__^

Will update with Naomi final BR once she completes her HU SNG

Good job all - very impressive.

Matt
  • edited February 2010
    Watching the mastercash10 table and it seems Matt wants to observe a little too closely the action of James and Boyle.................. he's playing as well! :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    SQUEALER!

I just wanted some... er... practical experience ^__^

Was fun for a couple of rounds to kick the lads about (and is bloody hard watching so much and not playing!)
  • edited February 2010
    Feeling demoralised and tilted. Another deep run in the main MTT tonight and a measley cash of £44 for 11th in the £4000 Gtd Open. Played a perfect game and won peanuts.  Decided not to play SNGs tonight focused on cash didn't win much had some decent stacks pretty much terrorised every table I was on. Seemed though for every big pot I won someone was ready to cooler me or suckout on the next table. Played well made some good folds and reads. Not much more I can do to be honest. Made a small profit on cash. Finished the night up +£104 BR back to £502. PS - Wp Phil12uk on cash you weren't a pushover yourself :)
    Posted by TP_ljamesl
    Keep your chin up James. 2 very good tournament performances, and you still have another day to run good in cash :-) 
  • edited February 2010
    Total Player - Day Two Update

Started off playing 50NL, played fewer tables than yesterday and felt like I played better. Played some STG's and the 8pm tourney. Didn't cash in any of them. I don't think I'm playing my tournament A - Game at the moment; I think I'm just out of practice.

The cash went pretty well. There are a few hands that I think I could of played better. Overall Im happy though. Hopefully I can make one last big push tomorrow :) 

I ended the day up though with my bankroll standing at £566.42. With a daily profit of £107.95. 

Bankroll = £566.92

Browndog

• edited February 2010
    Boyle I had Queens vs ur quads. Felt you might be tilted so called 2 streets expecting you to give up with ur combo draws on the river. When you shoved figured you for 10-10/8-8 only hand you would play like that. Although I thought you might wanna try and bluff me after I owned your soul ;-) 
  • edited February 2010
    yeah i definately wanted to get you back, i can be a massive spewtard anyway so your definately ahead sometimes even on the turn, obv river your dead. - i had KQ btw when you cough cough owned my soul, would of been so beautifal if i was good enough to shove.
  • edited February 2010
    Yeah that was the top of your range. But you have to be willing to stack that off to me if you wanna play ball ;-). I like to put pressure on opponents :-D
  • edited February 2010
    Got to love this, inter-team rivalry taken to new levels :) Over at Team Ed, (the fairer side of the water) we try not to get involved in personal duels as we can be considered, what some might look upon, as role models.
  • edited February 2010
    Got to love this, inter-team rivalry taken to new levels :) Over at Team Ed, (the fairer side of the water) we try not to get involved in personal duels as we can be considered, what some might look upon, as role models.
    Posted by YIPEEYAPEE
    Bah! Wimps! No surprise to see Ed raising a bunch of weeds in his 'garden'. We like it rough and ready over on Team Matt. (I bet David's lot all just sit around reading books too. Bloody poker hippies). Pish.

^__^
  • edited February 2010
    part 2

Started of at 7 sharp. Had a nice start winning a flip and ended up maybe 2 B.I by the start of the main event. Had Tk at my table, nearly on my right, he seemed to enjoy stealing every one of my Big blinds on 75/150 level apparently he got aces everytime, crazy ;)

Long story short i got a double up before the break. Stole when i could after it, didnt get many good spots for a while, ended up with 10bb by the 200/400 level. Folds around to me in the sb with Ak, i shove, chap has me covered and calls with JJ, board runs low ...gg,. little disapointed wanted to cash after not cashing last night.

Anyhoww after i busted out i still had 5 tables of cash open, was playing very well/ running very well which ended i ended up at the peak of my mini heater up 5+ b.i. Things started to slip a little bit as i started playing slightly too loose which happens when things are falling your way, and a couple of stack offs which looking back i still quite like albiet slightly high variance moves.

Played 2 £10 HU sit n goes...won 1, lost 1.

*Ive already wrote this Update out but deleted when i tryed to delete a earlier post like a tube, sort of paining me to write all this again, was better first time around*

Anyway this is how it looks for today:

Cash = + 138
    STT = - 1.

Good improvement from yesterday, startign to get back in the groove of MTTs. Going to play mainly MTT and STT tomorow. Gl all/
  • edited February 2010
    End of Day 2.
    Its been a good steady night all in all, cash went well, found a couple of soft tables which led me into making a small profit, I also found like sparce I was being called down alot more with junk, so had to tighten up and play my hands aggressively. And im thankful for no ridiculas rivers this evening...not in cash anyway!
     I played 5 HU sngs, won 3 lost 2 so not too bad, and also played 2 x6 max sngs with no cashes sadly.
    The 4k open, wasnt brilliant I found what I thought was a good spot to make a move in cut off with QTDD to find bb had kk, gg me!
    So to sum up so far..
    BR 574.62 so a profit of £77.00 for the evening.
    However I entered the 850£ Bounty Hunter at 1030pm, which I am currently 1st with 22 remaining, so this will hopefully bring my profit for the evening up a little or alot more:)
    Really enjoyed this evening, felt the pressure was off slightly from last night, well done to the other 5 loved reading all your reports from tonight.
    Ill update this a little later if I cash in this.
    Well played all!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Bah! Wimps! No surprise to see Ed raising a bunch of weeds in his 'garden'. We like it rough and ready over on Team Matt. (I bet David's lot all just sit around reading books too. Bloody poker hippies). Pish. ^__^
    Posted by MBroughton
    Hmmmmm, at least we don't need our mentor to come sit on our tables to hold our hands!!!!!!!  Weeds indeed lol...
  • edited February 2010
    Nice win in the £850 bounty hunter sharky!! gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogo
  • edited February 2010
    My GOD that was exciting!

Railed Naomi to a WIN in the £850 BH. Killed 110 opponents for £149.85 first prize PLUS £70.35 in bounties, giving her a final BR for the night of.... £794.82!

Excellent stuff and very exciting to be a part of!

Was also nice to see James and Boyle from Team Matt railing her to the end!

Phew. Exhausted now!

^__^

OK Team Ed/Tuck - beat that MTT result!

Well done Naomi - a truly brilliant performance. You pwned them :)

Night all!

• edited February 2010
    In Response to TP SUPER STAR!:
    My GOD that was exciting! Railed Naomi to a WIN in the £850 BH. Killed 110 opponents for £149.85 first prize PLUS £70.35 in bounties, giving her a final BR for the night of.... £794.82! Excellent stuff and very exciting to be a part of! Was also nice to see James and Boyle from Team Matt railing her to the end! Phew. Exhausted now! ^__^ OK Team Ed/Tuck - beat that MTT result! Well done Naomi - a truly brilliant performance. You pwned them :) Night all!
    Posted by MBroughton
    ed=pwned
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to TP SUPER STAR!:
    My GOD that was exciting! Railed Naomi to a WIN in the £850 BH. Killed 110 opponents for £149.85 first prize PLUS £70.35 in bounties, giving her a final BR for the night of.... £794.82! Excellent stuff and very exciting to be a part of! Was also nice to see James and Boyle from Team Matt railing her to the end! Phew. Exhausted now! ^__^ OK Team Ed/Tuck - beat that MTT result! Well done Naomi - a truly brilliant performance. You pwned them :) Night all!
    Posted by MBroughton
    Thanks Matt and everyone else who railed and supported the final Hour of that. It was an all action Final table where it seemed A8 was the nuts to call all in with on more than one occasion ! not by me I might add:)..I found some nice spots on the final table then found myself 3 way with 2 fairly aggress opponants, the lead went to and fro until the 2 guys went all in, whilst I waited in anticipation to see who Id be HU with...and there it was after a good 15 minute battle my opponant was short and shoved with kq I found At, and it held, vwp Mr Villian( am I allowed to say his name? best not!)
    Really pleased with the result, which gave my profit for day 2 a nice boost!
    Night Night all again lol:)
  • edited February 2010
    Thanks to Team Tuckman for sending emails to my MSN account anf to my account here. I've had to go to Miami for a few days so if I don't get back to you right away, that is the reason. I'll be back on Saturday morning and pretty much in front of my computer the entire day and night.