You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Well done all six, but especially to the three that went to the next stage

i am thoroughly enjoying this whole tp thingy
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    Wow sooo intense as I thought, First of all I really feel for you guys that didnt make it, I can imagine the dissapointment. The hand selections, stats and reads etc from all 6 were awsome. It really sets a very tough standard for next week ! Big congrats to all 3 through to phase 2, think Ed made some really fine choices.
    Posted by Sharksbite
    And Just too add.....Congratulations to Brownndog who is now part of Team Matt! Good Luck for monday:)
  • edited January 2010
    Ah gutted. How do I fold aces and not get through?? Only joking :) well done to the others - plenty of time for me yet. Unfortunately I am a little disappointed that I didn't get much out of the process and perhaps wasn't given the same chances as others but that's life and I'll continue to learn by myself and enjoy the game! Once again well done to the guys that got through you deserved it.
    Posted by pryce6
    Yes you made a good laydown unlucky but to be fair i would like to take you up on one point.How can you say
    you wasnt given the same chances as the others it was my understanding you all got the same so thats not fair on ED or SKY for that matter just my opinion but it was a Level Playing field from what i could see unless you know different
  • edited January 2010

First up......what must Cottlad, Penguin, & Pryce 6 feel like right now? (And what a tough night for Ed!).l

Good to see everyone remembering these three guys whilst bigging up the survivors.

If it makes those guys feel any better, many more will fall by the wayside in the coming weeks. There can only be one Total Player.

Still, we understand how much it must have hurt tonight. Almost. 
  • edited January 2010
    Congratulations and sincere commiserations to those players in Ed's TP team this evening.

I think you all did a fantastic job - and the competition was so tight between you all -  I for one was impressed by all of your plays.

Cottlad, Pryce6 and Penguin7 - hold you heads high - you did an amazing job - I don't doubt that your poker careers will go from strength to strength - and I will be watching. This will sound so horribly clichéd - but it's onwards and upwards from now on.

TO Yippee, Gliterbabe and Dan... Congrats! Now the hard work begins!

Make sure you use and abuse Ed. He is there for you -and I have no doubt he will be hard on your case if he thinks you can plug any leaks.

Good luck to all - you have my number should you have any probs.

Aisling
  • edited January 2010

So, this is where we are now, as we enter Week 2 of Boot-Camp Phase 1. It was confirmed this evening that the place of POKERBCITY (who withdrew) has been taken by brownndog, who had originally been short-listed but not made the final 6 of Team Ed.

So, through to Boot-Camp Phase 2 are.....

dantb10

gliterbabe

yippeeyappee

And vying to jon them are......

boylebag

brownndog

dohhhhhhh

dylan12

flashflush

jakally

keysersoze6

lJAMESl

nutter5932

phil12uk

sharksbite

sparce

Battle continues on Monday, when Team Matt take the stage.
  • edited January 2010
    Well done all three that got through and unlucky to those that didnt but thats the nature of the beast i guess youre future lies ahead it was a privelage to have been selected many didnt so take to comfort yourselves you are class but just didt make it this time good luck those that did
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Yes you made a good laydown unlucky but to be fair i would like to take you up on one point.How can you say you wasnt given the same chances as the others it was my understanding you all got the same so thats not fair on ED or SKY for that matter just my opinion but it was a Level Playing field from what i could see unless you know different
    Posted by mabsue
    Lol I was joking about the laydown!

Listen I'm not complaining about the result. I never expected to win, for me it is a massive achievement to come this far! I have played for less than a year and here I am - I am very proud.

Therefore the big thing for me to get out of this was to learn and improve as a player from my mentor. Imo that didn't happen.
  • edited January 2010

Pryce is a gud bloke, n a crackin player! - Whatever the guys say now is bound to be driven by emotions, the occasion got to me, and Im not even involved.

I had my favourites, course I did, who didnt?

Think gut reactions r inevitable, n sometimes theyre guna show alot of emiotion, wether it be positive or negative. But look what they're playing for guys.

Look at it from their point of view, it's huge. life changing, I think them going over the top either way, is very understandable right now, and in the end, everyone will come out of the whole thing with lots of credit.

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Lol I was joking about the laydown! Listen I'm not complaining about the result. I never expected to win, for me it is a massive achievement to come this far! I have played for less than a year and here I am - I am very proud. Therefore the big thing for me to get out of this was to learn and improve as a player from my mentor. Imo that didn't happen.
    Posted by pryce6
    ok well i guess you need to take that up with ED from what i know of him i very much doubt that was the case but you are young enough to come again if you're good enough then you will but just a piece of advice you can take or leave.If you feel that was the case then i suggest you PM ED and ask why rather than cast aspurtions on the forum good luck for the future
  • edited January 2010
    Pryce is a gud bloke, n a crackin player! - Whatever the guys say now is bound to be driven by emotions, the occasion got to me, and Im not even involved. I had my favourites, course I did, who didnt? Think gut reactions r inevitable, n sometimes theyre guna show alot of emiotion, wether it be positive or negative. But look what they're playing for guys. Look at it from their point of view, it's huge. life changing, I think them going over the top either way, is very understandable right now, and in the end, everyone will come out of the whole thing with lots of credit. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Fair play DOHH just that last post i think should have gone direct to ED not for the forum just my opinion i guess you and others may disagree and you are all welcome to youre opinions like i said the lad done good i would have loved the chance and i dont have the game so he done better than me already good luck all involved next week and the week after
  • edited January 2010
    Hitting the sack! Been a long, n kinda successful day, but the last hand just as the results were announced has really nocked the stuffing outta me! - Maybe it was an adrenaline rush? - The top players read this thread, Ive posted the hand in the strategy section, wud appreciate ur opinions!

A final well done to all involved, including Ed! - Tough for u all, and as I said b4, wudn rly wanna share a table with any of ya, in fact out of the 7, Id probably prefer to play ED!

lol, Night all.

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    Maybe so but I've never pm'd anyone here and I'm not going to now. Don't think I've gone over the top at all - just said I was a little disappointed and I am, not in the result just that I didn't get to improve my game.
  • edited January 2010

I think we should cut Prycey a little slack here - he's clearly, & understandably, bitterly disappointed he did not progress further. One can understand his feelings. At 21 years of age, his time will come.

And that's not bo knock my good friend Mabby, either, who wanted, most honourably,  to defend Ed against what may have been construed as criticism.

I actually feel a bit for Ed, too - his decisions were incredibly difficult. On the evidence he had in front of him, he selected what he considered to be the best three.
  • edited January 2010

Im sooo thrilled to be through!

Id like to say good luck to gb and yip for the next round. I wonder what they will throw at us next!

Comiserations to cottlad, penguin and pryce, all three are tremendous players and ed could have chosen any of us!

Heart was pounding just before they announced who was through, makes you realise how much you want it!

Im sure the next two weeks picks will get the same feeling!

Good luck to all the players over the coming weeks!

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Lol I was joking about the laydown! Listen I'm not complaining about the result. I never expected to win, for me it is a massive achievement to come this far! I have played for less than a year and here I am - I am very proud. Therefore the big thing for me to get out of this was to learn and improve as a player from my mentor. Imo that didn't happen.
    Posted by pryce6
    In case you don't check messages, I just want to let you know I have sent you a PM.
  • edited January 2010

Huge congrats you 3.  I would have made the same picks if i were Ed.  You've got my support to the end and i really hope one of you win that fantastic package.
    Commiserations to Pryce and Penguin.  Wasn't to be this time but we all 3 did well to get to TP at all.

Looking forward to seeing what unfolds.... gg gl wp :)

• edited January 2010
    Pryce you have a PM...  :)
  • edited January 2010
    Well done to Dan, Wayne and Yippee. Excellent stuff and you have emerged on the other side still intact!!!!!

Penguin, Cottlad and Pryce - I really feel for you 3 and just want to echo what others have said.  You have done fantastically to get to this stage of the competition......many other players on Sky Poker would have loved to be recognised.  Remember that you did the right things to get noticed in the first place and are excellent players.
  • edited January 2010
    I think we should cut Prycey a little slack here - he's clearly, & understandably, bitterly disappointed he did not progress further. One can understand his feelings. At 21 years of age, his time will come. And that's not bo knock my good friend Mabby, either, who wanted, most honourably,  to defend Ed against what may have been construed as criticism. I actually feel a bit for Ed, too - his decisions were incredibly difficult. On the evidence he had in front of him, he selected what he considered to be the best three.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Obviously I am disappointed not to go through but my comments have nothing to do with the outcome - I have no complaints with those picked. If you ask my opinions in two weeks, two months or two years they will be exactly the same as last night.
  • edited January 2010
    Hello all, 

Please can someone answer my question!!!!!

How do you get involved, is it just a case of getting a random email saying you been getting watch and they like what they see???

I've trawled through all of this thread and the total poker page and can't seem to find a definite answer!!

I've been ranked in the top 20 in sky total profit for over a year now, and currently sit at the top of the STT league, i don't profess to be a great player, but one that is constantly learning. I also plan on poker to continuely be my main income. I WANT TO BE INVOLVED!!!!!!!!!   he hee

Anyways congrats to the players that have been chosen, and good luck all on the tables.....

Gareth 
  • edited January 2010
    Hello all,  Please can someone answer my question!!!!! How do you get involved, is it just a case of getting a random email saying you been getting watch and they like what they see??? I've trawled through all of this thread and the total poker page and can't seem to find a definite answer!! I've been ranked in the top 20 in sky total profit for over a year now, and currently sit at the top of the STT league, i don't profess to be a great player, but one that is constantly learning. I also plan on poker to continuely be my main income. I WANT TO BE INVOLVED!!!!!!!!!   he hee Anyways congrats to the players that have been chosen, and good luck all on the tables..... Gareth 
    Posted by Graveltrax
    You dont need to do anything you just need spotting then you get an E-Mail.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : You dont need to do anything you just need spotting then you get an E-Mail.
    Posted by jimifloyd

cheers Jimi
  • edited January 2010
    Hello all,  Please can someone answer my question!!!!! How do you get involved, is it just a case of getting a random email saying you been getting watch and they like what they see??? I've trawled through all of this thread and the total poker page and can't seem to find a definite answer!! I've been ranked in the top 20 in sky total profit for over a year now, and currently sit at the top of the STT league, i don't profess to be a great player, but one that is constantly learning. I also plan on poker to continuely be my main income. I WANT TO BE INVOLVED!!!!!!!!!   he hee Anyways congrats to the players that have been chosen, and good luck all on the tables..... Gareth 
    Posted by Graveltrax
    I may be wrong but i think they have all been chosen, and the winner will come from those numbers, dont think anyone can get in now unless there is another pull out.
  • edited January 2010
    shy boy and jimifloyd deserved to be there.and me haha
  • edited January 2010
    gl to all players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    Maybe so but I've never pm'd anyone here and I'm not going to now. Don't think I've gone over the top at all - just said I was a little disappointed and I am, not in the result just that I didn't get to improve my game.
    Posted by pryce6
    get over this mate.everyone think he s the best.this lads are pro.we have to work hard this year.gl to u pryce6
  • edited February 2010
    Erm when do you we find out are tp account passwords? If it is by phonecall i just updated my personal info to include my new mobile, am i doing it wrong and should i know?. Anyway gl to all tomorow.
  • edited February 2010
    Erm when do you we find out are tp account passwords? If it is by phonecall i just updated my personal info to include my new mobile, am i doing it wrong and should i know?. Anyway gl to all tomorow.
    Posted by boylebag
    Via email mate should of received it last week!
  • edited February 2010

a yeah so did dont know how i missed it...cheers. Hope you run like 3 legged donkey tomorow ;) Im definately an outsider to go through our group is ridic tough.