You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to TEAM MATT:
    Hello "Team Matt" (everyone else look away please) I've already had some interesting hand history breakdowns with Naomi, a really good MSN session with Charles, etc. so keep it up. I don't want to distract you too much when it comes to our playing sessions - it'll be hard enough tracking six of you multitabling as it goes anyway - but I do want to help you work through tricky situation, especially where we can take the hands out of the 'heat of battle' and chew over them in more detail to identify any areas we can focus on and sharpen.
    Posted by MBroughton
    For my team, this also will hold true. We've got 3 days to watch, mentor and such....I'll probably be focusing on one player at a time...for an hour at a time. I'll take notes, we'll chat...then we'll come back and play more and see what we need to focus on. It's annoying, because in a random hour or two of poker, you may get tons of one situation and none of another, but we'll do the best we can. Up till then - keep track of any really interesting hands - write down the details and the hand number and we'll take a look at it.

In fact, that's homework for everyone on Team Tuck: While you're playing over the next 10 days - find a few hands you want to discuss with me. A decision you weren't sure about or a particular play you made? This can be a hand you were involved in or a hand you observed. I just want to start talking poker strategy and see where everyone's mind is at.

Make sure you write down all the details and the hand number

Thanks

Team Tuck
  • edited January 2010
    inspiring results with bankroll by Dan, GB and Yipey. Especially GB after yesterday. GL to the other 3 tp's tonight. TOTAL PLAYER is such a good addition to skypoker, makes viewing and railing very addictive :P cant wait for the sat show to see some of the hands viewed and the well deserved selected 3 players. GL all :)
  • edited January 2010
    Thanks Ace, all the support from you and everyone makes this worth while.  Just getting ready now for my final 4 hrs of phase 1 . Sure hope I done enough to make phase 2...

Good luck again to team ED tonight...

GB.

P.S AceBaby, I'm not purposely ignoring you on the tables, I can't see chat when i'm on mini view...
  • edited January 2010
    yeah gathered that mate, not important you replying neway as know you multitabling and concentrating, almost dont wanna use chat box just incase of putting any of you off. GL 2nite
  • edited January 2010

good luck to all the total players tonight ,

looking forward to reading the results later,

may the poker gods be with you .

over and out roborover !

• edited January 2010
    Hey Matt

Who replaced Will?

Browndog
  • edited January 2010
    I need to open a can of rungood tonight.  I've just been playing 50nl looking for notes and reads ready for tonight and i do hope i haven't used up my quota already......
    GL everyone for the final slog. 
  • edited January 2010
    Gl all tonight.  I am out tonight so can not donate anything to the TP'ers. (TP_Dan - aa - imo!)

• edited January 2010

Good luck to all 6 of you, for your final session.

And Cott - just imagine that every player you are up against is me - that way you are guaranteed to run good!
    GL chap.

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    Good luck to all 6 of you, for your final session. And Cott - just imagine that every player you are up against is me - that way you are guaranteed to run good! GL chap.
    Posted by jakally
    haha that's what i think but the other way round lol. 
    Thx for the wellwish
  • edited January 2010
    GOD HELP US ALL, I DON'T EVEN PLAY DOUBLE OR NOTHINGS USUALLY BUT SOME OF THE PLAYERS HAVE NO IDEA THAT TOP 3 ARE PAID OUT OF 6, SO FRUSTRATING, BEING OUTDRAWN BY SOMEONE WHO UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD BE IN THE HAND. SIGH, SORRY FOR RANT, BACK TO THE GRIND, NEEDED TO VENT SOME STEAM.
    HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING GOOD TONIGHT, GL J
  • edited January 2010
    GOD HELP US ALL, I DON'T EVEN PLAY DOUBLE OR NOTHINGS USUALLY BUT SOME OF THE PLAYERS HAVE NO IDEA THAT TOP 3 ARE PAID OUT OF 6, SO FRUSTRATING, BEING OUTDRAWN BY SOMEONE WHO UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD BE IN THE HAND. SIGH, SORRY FOR RANT, BACK TO THE GRIND, NEEDED TO VENT SOME STEAM. HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING GOOD TONIGHT, GL J
    Posted by TP_YipeeY
    Hey Yip, is there a CAPS LOCK key on your PC?
  • edited January 2010
    Well worth checking out the 8pm touny,  tp_pryce and tk going great.
  • edited January 2010

Got the table open watching Pryce, If he wins his next inevitable flip, he can FT here! Fingers X'd 4 him!

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    sorry seagull, I was letting off some steam,
  • edited January 2010

Here is Shaun  tp_cottlad multying away
  • edited January 2010

Evening all, tonight didn't go that great, it was 1 of those nights where I couldn't get anything going - and if I didn't have to play I would have probably only played 30minutes or something. Plus united were on!! and I had to concetrate on poker, but whatever rooney is a god. No hard feelings man city fans :)

Kicked off, played 5 double or nothings and a normal sitngo, All were 6max and all were £10+1, Incidentally playing these almost put me on life tilt, as the players I was playing with had an interesting take on double or nothings shall we say. Anyway,

I cashed 3/5 DON's and didn't cash the other. so break even.

In the mtt, I had a decent run, got in a monster pot to give me an 18k stack at 200/400 blinds, with kqo pre flop v a9 and a4, but it bricked and I went out in 102nd a while later out of 365 runners.

In cash, like I said I didn't get anything going, sometimes pokers like that, despite that I still made a small profit of £23

For the 3 days bank roll ends on £857

Hope everyone is doing well, gl on the tables, Jac

• edited January 2010

and here is jac tp_yippee

• edited January 2010
    sorry seagull, I was letting off some steam,
    Posted by TP_YipeeY
    No worries m8. Keep at it.
  • edited January 2010

Just looking at that screenshot of Cottlad makes my laptop start running slow! ugh!

Pryce lost the big flip :( ul m8 gr8 reslt.

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    Evening all, tonight didn't go that great, it was 1 of those nights where I couldn't get anything going - and if I didn't have to play I would have probably only played 30minutes or something. Plus united were on!! and I had to concetrate on poker, but whatever rooney is a god. No hard feelings man city fans :) Kicked off, played 5 double or nothings and a normal sitngo, All were 6max and all were £10+1, Incidentally playing these almost put me on life tilt, as the players I was playing with had an interesting take on double or nothings shall we say. Anyway, I cashed 3/5 DON's and didn't cash the other. so break even. In the mtt, I had a decent run, got in a monster pot to give me an 18k stack at 200/400 blinds, with kqo pre flop v a9 and a4, but it bricked and I went out in 102nd a while later out of 365 runners. In cash, like I said I didn't get anything going, sometimes pokers like that, despite that I still made a small profit of £23 For the 3 days bank roll ends on £857 Hope everyone is doing well, gl on the tables, Jac
    Posted by TP_YipeeY

Youve done yourself proud,  been a pleasure chatting with you on msn, God help anyone if they get in a room with you and DOHX7,  YOU TWO WOULD PUT ANY WOMENS COFFEE MORNING TO SHAME.

• edited January 2010

Prepare to succeed and you might just do that, great set up by tp_dantb10

• edited January 2010
    nuther bad night altho 1/16 at mo in 1200 BH
    Need a big score
  • edited January 2010
    Prepare to succeed and you might just do that, great set up by tp_dantb10
    Posted by EdGiddins
    OMG! Is dan NEO from the matrix? 
  • edited January 2010

tp_cottlad going very well in the 1200 bounty , hes currently 2/9

• edited January 2010
    JUst like to say thanks to all the railers, and goodwishers tonight, if i didnt respond, it was because i was multitabling on mini view to try and get the last few precious seconds in!!lol

So, tonight started off the same as the first night really, in ahead, out behind, u know the score i wont bore you!

So after a bad start I decided to leave the heads up sit an goes with the huge swings, and go for the ring game option, which is less volatile, and abit more suited to the tight bankroll!

So i multitabled the 50nl tables for the rest of the night and managed to get back on track!

I started the night around the £800 mark for the bankroll, and at 21.45 it was down to £550! (dam u heads up sit an goes!!)

But after a solid grind on the cash i managed to finish the night on £780.

I am happy with this final figure, as it is over a 50% increase in the starting bankroll in 3 days, whilst under quite abit of pressure to perform. Also taking down 2 mtt's was the highlight for me.

Id like to congratulate all my fellow tp'ers in their individual achievements, and wish everyone the best of luck for saturday.

Dan
  • edited January 2010
    Hi everyone.

I'm done for the 3 days, just bubbled my last stt. Tonight was a better night for me I came 16th I think in the main event after a decent run but I expected to go a lot further.

Earlier tonight I won a normal stt and a £22 dym but unfortunately lost a buy-in on cash - cash really hasn't gone well in the three days which is why I am just under my original bankroll.

Overall I think I've done ok - my play isn't really shown in my bankroll and obviously I'm disappointed about that but I've never tilted and always kept going and that's the reason why I have not made a big loss (40 quid or so)

I'm proud though, I don't multi table loads of tables like the others (3 for me :)) and I've got far less experience. But I think I've got the potential and shown it with 3 solid runs in the main event each night. And after all the prize is three tournament packages..;)

Cheers all and good luck to the rest of team Ed and the next two teams.
  • edited January 2010
    Well its finally over !
    Tonight was even tougher than the last two. I managed to find new ways of getting knocked out of tourneys!
    And the only good thing is I did make a profit on every night. Even nicked a few pounds off the cash tables tonight
    Didnt manage to match last nights 100% sit and go record, losing a couple.
    Absolutely shattered now but have really enjoyed it, just wish the poker gods had smiled on me in just one good tournament!
    Finished on a balance of £649.19
    Good luck to next weeks 6 players,hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

• edited January 2010
    Right  id like to thank all the 6 players for their fine efforts over the last 3 days.

It means a shed load to every single one of them and I have got a disgustingly tough job on Sayurday night. The "culling" is live on the show [channel 865} at 10pm and if anyone would like the job please apply to sky des !
  • edited January 2010
    I'll take it !