You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    Right  id like to thank all the 6 players for their fine efforts over the last 3 days. It means a shed load to every single one of them and I have got a disgustingly tough job on Sayurday night. The "culling" is live on the show [channel 865} at 10pm and if anyone would like the job please apply to sky des !
    Posted by EdGiddins
    Tell you what Ed, I dont envy you m8, gl to all
  • edited January 2010
    Hi All

Well day 3 is over and after 12 hours of solid poker, I just hope I've done enough to impress.

Today started off terrible losing £50 HU, Getting all the money in Pre with AK vs AQ only for the miracle Q to hit the river , OUCHHHHH... I made the Final table of both the £150 GT and TK Sleepstack, only to finish 5th in the £150 (Bubble) and 5th in the sleepstack for £26.50... The SST's didn't start off to well either getting busted before the money, I did mange to get HU with TP_Pryce but he had me 4-1 in chips ( WP Pryce ) 2nd ...I started off well in the £3k deepstack getting my stack up too 10k, but after being 4 betted 3 times pre flop my stack disappeared and only an 87th place for my troubles... The DYM's tonight were a hard fought contest playing 14 and cashing in 7.  Like I said not my best evening ever..

Overall day 3 a loss of £116..

To sum things up, I could sit here and say oh well if the cards were kinder and I ran better then the results would be great, but I can at least say I played well made same great decisions and a couple of bad ones. Some of which I will learn from..

Overall

Day1  -£34
    Day2 +£289
    Day3
    -£116

= + £139.00

I have thoroughly enjoyed taking part in Total player. I would like to thank everyone who has railed me and supported me over the last 3 days thank you very much...

Once again good luck to everyone involved, can't wait to rail the next team taking part next week..

GB
  • edited January 2010
    HU in the £1200BH
    GL me :)
  • edited January 2010
    I know, its gunna be class railing the other players, while the pressure is on them!!!
  • edited January 2010
    HU in the £1200BH GL me :)
    Posted by TP_Cottlad
    Unlucky mate, but hey 2nd place finish great work... That  had your name on it!!!
  • edited January 2010
    I know, its gunna be class railing the other players, while the pressure is on them!!!
    Posted by TP_Dantb
    Whats this word you speak of ?
  • edited January 2010
    Crikey my bwain hurts!
    That was a pretty intensive 3 days.
    Day 1 started OK with a decent profit.
    Yesterday i ran pretty bad and made a fairly big loss in relation to BR.
    Today was very similar to yesterday...... not necessarily many bad beats but i could do nothing right.  It's certainly an eye opener playing nl£50 again.  The general plan for tonight was to play decent hands in position, tighten up a little, and play my decent hands hard.  There are just so many people calling preflop with utter junk.  My problem was i never hit lol..... General story was raise button hard with AK, get a caller, flop comes 67J........cbet..... get called..... pretty much give up.  There's just no way to assign hand ranges as any 2 will do.  This basically means you have to hit flops which i just didn't manage to do.
    Oh well, i don't think i played badly at all, just short term variance tweaking my n1pples lol.

So, after 4-5 tabling cash all night i entered the £1200 and £700 bounty hunters.
    I think i busted just short of the money in the £700 when i ran my 77 into QQ.....gg
    The £1200 saw me get to the final table 1/6 and in with a great shout of winning.  I played well and scooped up some chips to have a decent chiplead with 3 left.  Other 2 tangled and left me HU with fairly even stacks.
    Zola played really well HU and got a little lucky too rivering a 3 outer straight for a substantial pot.  This left me in shove/fold mode and i soon ran my A7 into AQ.......gg

Anyways a decent result 2nd of 155.
    I really needed that score to give my bankroll a boost and for a bit of a confidence boost after running so bad for the last 2 nights.

My final bankroll is.........lol............ £487.  A dissappointing result of -£13 but i suppose it could have been worse.

WP to the rest of Eds team.  It's been a great 3 days and the support has been fantastic.
    Like Dan, sorry if i didn't always reply in chat but 6 tabling flash tables makes for tricky typing :)
  • edited January 2010
    Here's a bit of bare faced cheek.....  could we have our points transferred to our normal accounts???
    I'll get me coat!  ;)
  • edited January 2010
  • edited January 2010
    Your unreal LOL, the cheek of it.. How many do you have?

Should have used then to enter the freeroles silly!!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    i have 1013!!

Wot that get me?
  • edited January 2010
  • edited January 2010
    Hi everyone. I'm done for the 3 days, just bubbled my last stt. Tonight was a better night for me I came 16th I think in the main event after a decent run but I expected to go a lot further. Earlier tonight I won a normal stt and a £22 dym but unfortunately lost a buy-in on cash - cash really hasn't gone well in the three days which is why I am just under my original bankroll. Overall I think I've done ok - my play isn't really shown in my bankroll and obviously I'm disappointed about that but I've never tilted and always kept going and that's the reason why I have not made a big loss (40 quid or so) I'm proud though, I don't multi table loads of tables like the others (3 for me :)) and I've got far less experience. But I think I've got the potential and shown it with 3 solid runs in the main event each night. And after all the prize is three tournament packages..;) Cheers all and good luck to the rest of team Ed and the next two teams.
    Posted by TP_Pryce6
    I think you've done yourself proud mate, it's been good to chat to you over the past few days and I know how much it means to you. Feel like i've made a little virtual buddy! 

But seriously, i've been impressed by a lot of your plays. A few of the other TP's have also done well and i'm not envious of Ed's job but I'm backing you.. 

Best of luck pal, and whoever came up with the TP concept deserves a pat on the back, it's been quality.
  • edited January 2010
    Prepare to succeed and you might just do that, great set up by tp_dantb10
    Posted by EdGiddins
    This the new setup Dan? did you get the 30" LCD Monitor I told you about?

What did you buy in the end?
  • edited January 2010
    Technical Poker
  • edited January 2010
    When I finished last night I was a little disappointed and frustrated with my results. But having slept like a log I can see some positives.

I cant believe the volume achieved by some of the other guys, I dont have a fancy setup, and 2, or at a push 3 tables is all my laptop and brain can cope with. For you to be able to play winning poker under pressure on 6 or more tables is superb.

I approached it in much the same way I do when I play with my own bankroll. Playing mainly tournaments I know I can go for a few days without a decent cash and then maybe hit in 3 in a row. Thats the variance I am used to, and have been coping with for nearly four years.

In tournaments I made some great plays but also some poor ones. I got myself into some good positions and expected to cash well in a few tournaments, but I have always believed that to win one you will need a bit of luck somewhere along the way. And it just didnt happen, I lost count of the times that I got them in in front, and was outdrawn. But thats poker !

The thing that pleased me most was my own bankroll management.Despite my lack of tournament success I used the sit and goes to make sure I didnt go downhill. As with my own bankroll I hate any backward steps, and back my own talents in DYMs to cover losses elsewhere. In the higher stake sit and goes there are fewer players willing to call just because I have a star above my name.And good chip management and awareness of the abilities and chip levels of the others at the table often get me through.

So I was selective with my choice of STT tables, thinking of stake levels and looking hard at the players at the tables, so I could keep moving forward. The result of this was I had no huge swings in my bankroll, managing to keep moving upwards from the start, and showing a small profit on all three days.

I hope my bankroll management gives me a chance of progressing to the next stage.

I was also pleased with my play at the cash tables, no huge wins but also no disasters.

Well done to all of the other guys, great results for Dan and Yipee. I was watching Cottlad in the BH, well played m8.. you were unlucky not to win it.

I think we performed well as a group and Teams Matt and Tuck will do well to match it. I am sure looking forward to watching them try

Tony

• edited January 2010
    Hey james, yeah thats the new set up,

ended up getting 2 x 24" acer monitors, they are plenty for what i need.

Got the system off overclockers.com, it copes with everything i throw at it!
  • edited January 2010
    The wait is killing me!!
  • edited January 2010

Well Team Ed have concluded their 3 days, & I must say, I never expected that Level of Feedback & reporting - stunning stuff, well done to Ed, & well done to all the Players.

Saturday night's "reveal" will be bittersweet, as nobody deserves to lose, but that's the way it works....

Did you see some of those PC Set-Ups, too? There are TP-ers with space-age set ups, & TP-ers playing on steam-driven lappies. And if the Poker Gods are in the right mood, they all have a chance. 

Anyway, really to say thank you to Team Ed, Capitain & Players, for sharing with us the ups & downs of a week in TP Boot-Camp.

Step up to the plate Team Matt, now. Can they do as well as Team Ed? Really? Can they?
  • edited January 2010
    Hey Matt Who replaced Will? Browndog
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Just spotted this, sorry. I also believe someone asked what the process was for potentially drafting in replacement picks.

1) I believe it's a Mentors decision whether to draft in replacements. They are not obliged to, I don't think, but they can.

2) Replacement for Will? An announcement will be made on Saturdays Total Player Show, 10pm-11pm Channel 865.

3) How is a "replacement" selected?

The replacement, if used, would be drawn from the List of 10 that each Mentor picked his first-choice three from each week. So, they had a list of 10, & 7 were not selected. Each Mentor repeated this process TWICE, so there were 14 players in each Mentors pool who were not selected. Any replacements will be selected from that Pool of 14.
  • edited January 2010
    Good luck to the players tonight.  Cheers for the replies Tikay, it’s been too long…how are you getting on these days? As Naomi pointed out it’s amazing how much work you put in here, much appreciated :) After a fair bit of thought I have decided to drop out.  It is just not for me.  In my opinion poker is about action with real risk.  Once poker is conceptualised and the focus is put on impressing others rather than directly competing it’s just not the same game.  But that’s just my opinion, everyone has their own reasons for playing. I don’t want to waste a space in the 18 so hopefully whoever comes in will appreciate the opportunity more than me.  Despite my rant I still think a worthy winner will be found and I will be getting behind them with everyone else :) Apologies to anybody who’s time I have wasted. Will
    Posted by pokerbcity
    Hi Will,

Thank you for the kind words, Naomi too.

I'm fine, thank you, I keep myself busy thissing & thatting, you know. I have a lovely life,l & would not swap with anyone.

It's kinda sad you have decided not to do TP, but that's your absolute right, & kudos to you for coming straight out with it.

I hope you'l be going for the Sky Poker Viva Las Vegas Hat-Trick this year, though - it'd be something special if you came with us, & cashed in the ME, three years on the bounce.

Hopefully, I'll bump into you somewhere before then, & we can share  pot of tea. ;)

Take care Will.
  • edited January 2010
    Well Team Ed have concluded their 3 days, & I must say, I never expected that Level of Feedback & reporting - stunning stuff, well done to Ed, & well done to all the Players. Saturday night's "reveal" will be bittersweet, as nobody deserves to lose, but that's the way it works.... Did you see some of those PC Set-Ups, too? There are TP-ers with space-age set ups, & TP-ers playing on steam-driven lappies. And if the Poker Gods are in the right mood, they all have a chance.  Anyway, really to say thank you to Team Ed, Capitain & Players, for sharing with us the ups & downs of a week in TP Boot-Camp. Step up to the plate Team Matt, now. Can they do as well as Team Ed? Really? Can they?
    Posted by Tikay10
    It really was good reading everyones comments, some had bad luck some had good (although they would never admit they were lucky). But we know every one of those players is a good player or they wouldn't be here. Something Tikay said to me last night really stuck, TP candidates have beaten 99.9% of the site...

Some of those set-ups are very impressive. Its going to cost me alot of money seeing that, because im now swatting up looking for a big gaming PC and dual monitors so I can multitable away like the others.

I can't wait for Monday to get my campaign under way. This is the chance to show our stuff and hopefully impress the mentors. Dont evny the mentors decision on Saturday at all, wish everyone the best of luck but not quite so much to the rest of the players on Matts team over Mon-Tues and Wed ;-)
  • edited January 2010

Did you notice.......?

A really interesting thing happened earlier this week.

Will Brewin - aka POKERBCITY - decided not to accept his TP nomination, & withdraw. Fair enough.

Now, whilst we'll never know if he is/was the best Player in TP, what we do know, as a fact, is that his Record suggests he might well have been, & that he has the most "big-time" experience, having cashed in 2 straight WSOP main Events. So, no matter how good, or not good, he is, relative to the other 17 TP-ers, if he had stayed in, he is the one the other Players might well have looked at & said "sheesh, he's gonna take some beating".

But what happened when he said he would not continue with TP? Several of the remaining TP-ers very near begged him to change his mind!

What an extraordinary thing.

It epitimises what this TP thing is about.

Whoever wins it will have the mother & father of following winds, all the way to Las Vegas.
  • edited January 2010

Finally for today.....I'm in the mood to tease.

The Winner will end up in Vegas, & might end up sat next to this fella. I'm told he can play a bit. (Click pics to enlarge).

• edited January 2010

Or this guy, as one of our Players did in '09. (Anyone remember WHO?).

• edited January 2010

And - that dreadful shirt excepted! - this could be YOU.......

I mean, fancy having a stack of chips like that? Well you could......

Sorry - I'll stop teasing now.

• edited January 2010

tikay

thank you for your post clearing up how replacemects will be picked

made me smile and have hope

i wish all total players the best

but now there are 7 off each show

secretly wishing the mentor sidelines one and gives another ago

what added preasure you have exposed tikay

thank you
  • edited January 2010
    Finally for today.....I'm in the mood to tease. The Winner will end up in Vegas, & might end up sat next to this fella. I'm told he can play a bit. (Click pics to enlarge).
    Posted by Tikay10
    And got beat by this drunk PMSL after watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyeY4wTTErw
  • edited January 2010
  • edited January 2010
    I think I should be nominated for this. I havn't seen anyone catch a pot bet gutshot quite like myself over and over again.