You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Hi all sorry about the delay on the updates, just finished my last mtt!!

So, to recap, yest wasnt so good, with the way the cards fell and i was determined to put in a performance today!

I started the night with £370 in my bankroll.

So mtts are as follows:

I played the 7pm forum deepstack and came 2nd, for £7.50

I played the 7pm £150 guaranteed and won it, 1st for £82

I played the 22.35 £100 guaranteed and won it, 1st for £60

I played the open and came a respectable 97th. (Cant believe dohhhh found jacks!!lol wp m8)

And played a £200 guaranteed bt didnt cash.

Cash:

50nl for around and hour i think, just under £150 profit from the 3 tables.

Sit n Goes:

I played a total of 17 heads up sit and goes at £26.50 ( i think thats wot they are?)

I won 13 and lost 4. i am currently on a 9 win consecutive streak! (according to shark scope) so prob not!lol

Im sure i played another multi table tournament or 2, but now ive started writing i cant leave the page!!

Anyway my bankroll at the end of the session is £823.41

So my tough night last night was rewarded with a good session tonight! So if you aint run too well one day, dont tilt and let your heads drop, as tomorrow is a whole other day!

Ive enjoyed both days the same amount, as they have brought completely different challenges to over come. Im sure tomorrow will bring some thing different to test us, but ill be ready!

Wp again to my fellow TPer's tonight, and thanks to the railers for their support! (apart from dohh!! i owe you! ;)

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Then your lying i wrote it in the chat box you just kept ignoring me. But yet you was telling the kid who called you jj allin with a rag it was a terrible call so dont give me that. Hidden agenda? i was picked for the total player show but turned it down so dont even go there with that bull. Like i have an agenda to discredit you,you gonna say so i can replace you keep it. Dont start stickin your nose up at me i dont know you and dont wanna. I dont care about total player i hope the winner is a worthy one and good luck to em,but dont start with agendas.
    Posted by jimifloyd
    OK jimi we'll just leave it at that eh.  Sorry if i offended you
  • edited January 2010
    Hi all sorry about the delay on the updates, just finished my last mtt!! So, to recap, yest wasnt so good, with the way the cards fell and i was determined to put in a performance today! I started the night with £370 in my bankroll. So mtts are as follows: I played the 7pm forum deepstack and came 2nd, for £7.50 I played the 7pm £150 guaranteed and won it, 1st for £82 I played the 22.35 £100 guaranteed and won it, 1st for £60 I played the open and came a respectable 97th. (Cant believe dohhhh found jacks!!lol wp m8) And played a £200 guaranteed bt didnt cash. Cash: 50nl for around and hour i think, just under £150 profit from the 3 tables. Sit n Goes: I played a total of 17 heads up sit and goes at £26.50 ( i think thats wot they are?) I won 13 and lost 4. i am currently on a 9 win consecutive streak! (according to shark scope) so prob not!lol Im sure i played another multi table tournament or 2, but now ive started writing i cant leave the page!! Anyway my bankroll at the end of the session is £823.41 So my tough night last night was rewarded with a good session tonight! So if you aint run too well one day, dont tilt and let your heads drop, as tomorrow is a whole other day! Ive enjoyed both days the same amount, as they have brought completely different challenges to over come. Im sure tomorrow will bring some thing different to test us, but ill be ready! Wp again to my fellow TPer's tonight, and thanks to the railers for their support! (apart from dohh!! i owe you! ;)
    Posted by TP_Dantb
    RATHER INSPIRING. 

DeCENT NIGHT, WELL PLAYED.
  • edited January 2010
    Crikey Dan.... awesome evenings work!  WPWPWP :)
  • edited January 2010
    Hi All Sorry for the late posting Final table in the £200 ran later than I thought but a 3rd place = a little profit...( £35 ) OK well I've been running riot tonight after last nights bad results... I was determined to turn things around, play well and  tear up the cloth... I must admit it started off dreadfully again, playing 2 DYM's with no result, making my record so far 0/7... How can this be !!!! I decided to stick with it and start multi tabling ( my normal game ). I opened up 3 cash game tables 1 being Heads up,  2 DYMS £22 and also had the £4k G'teed open running. I wanted to spread my variance across the site. I went on to cash in the next 9 DYM's ( played 12 tonight cashed in 9 ) , then managed to treble up my £50 buyin on 25p/50p cash table....Heads up was a little up and down but managed to come through the other side £70 to the good... Overall I played solid tonight, with no horror outdraws....Total Profit for day 2 £289... The foot is still pressed fully to the metal bring on day 3... PS.. Cott I had a horror yesterday but nothing you can do about them, keep your head up your playing great.... Good luck to TeamEd tomorrow... GB
    Posted by TP_GliterB

You can't 'spread your variance'. Variance is constant regardless of how many tables you are playing.

Browndog
  • edited January 2010
    lol Dan with 50 left in the main event, I was chip leader.

I blew it YET AGAIN!!!

The 2 guys Im routing for in ur team r urself and Pryce, and Ive ended up sat with u both in the main events each night, with better hands than both of u, having no choice but to play the way I have.

Im really glad u;ve turned it around, form is temporary, class is permanent!! Really happy for u mate, as ive said loads of times on this thread, I believe u want this more that anyone!!! (apart from me of course!)

Thats gotta count for something....

Crush the cash tables tomora! U can go NL100 now right? 7x BI for 4 hours play is surely reasonable BR management?

DOHH! 

• edited January 2010
    U can go NL100 now right? 7x BI for 4 hours play is surely reasonable BR management? DOHH! 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

No

Browndog
  • edited January 2010
    Lol dohh!!

Were did you finish? i saw you flying near the top!

Yeah i want it bad mate, as im sure every other participant does.
  • edited January 2010
    oh and cheers for the post on that stategy hand with the kq, i agree with you, i think i made the right pass
  • edited January 2010
  • edited January 2010
    £700 to play with and 4 hours to play with it? is this too risky for u browndog?
  • edited January 2010
    Thanks Ed. I think it's wicked the way you,ve got your Team organised to report how they went. They are also racking up Community House Points as they go by doing it. Be interesting to see how Team Tuck & Team Matt go about it!
    Posted by Tikay10
    We ain't telling you a THING!

;)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : OK jimi we'll just leave it at that eh.  Sorry if i offended you
    Posted by TP_Cottlad
    I realize that people are knocking the the whole set up of total player and you may feel that some people are against you or have green eyes and wanna knock you but that aint me.I was offended by the slow rolling and would never intentionally do it to another player.

My sencond post i say sorry and good luck and you start the next post with i dont wanna argue with you which did my head in.

There its off my chest if your truly sorry fair do's i am to i dont wanna dampen the mood of things on this thread.If you think im trying to undermine you in anyway your wrong nothing i say will change anything its results.

If you want me to delete all these posts just let me know and i will as i dont think this is the place for em,it was between me and you and this was the only place i could tell you.
  • edited January 2010
    Hi all sorry about the delay on the updates, just finished my last mtt!! So, to recap, yest wasnt so good, with the way the cards fell and i was determined to put in a performance today! I started the night with £370 in my bankroll. So mtts are as follows: I played the 7pm forum deepstack and came 2nd, for £7.50 I played the 7pm £150 guaranteed and won it, 1st for £82 I played the 22.35 £100 guaranteed and won it, 1st for £60 I played the open and came a respectable 97th. (Cant believe dohhhh found jacks!!lol wp m8) And played a £200 guaranteed bt didnt cash. Cash: 50nl for around and hour i think, just under £150 profit from the 3 tables. Sit n Goes: I played a total of 17 heads up sit and goes at £26.50 ( i think thats wot they are?) I won 13 and lost 4. i am currently on a 9 win consecutive streak! (according to shark scope) so prob not!lol Im sure i played another multi table tournament or 2, but now ive started writing i cant leave the page!! Anyway my bankroll at the end of the session is £823.41 So my tough night last night was rewarded with a good session tonight! So if you aint run too well one day, dont tilt and let your heads drop, as tomorrow is a whole other day! Ive enjoyed both days the same amount, as they have brought completely different challenges to over come. Im sure tomorrow will bring some thing different to test us, but ill be ready! Wp again to my fellow TPer's tonight, and thanks to the railers for their support! (apart from dohh!! i owe you! ;)
    Posted by TP_Dantb
    Wow! Fantastic effort. Watch out Dan is about
  • edited January 2010
    Ugh Im surprised they showed that tourny hand,. just put that in as an example of what i do constantly in tournys, it isnt very flashy or wpnmt luk very gud on tele., but its efficient, I sent a huge lay down in gutted it didnt get shown! Spelt my name wrong too lol DOHH Edit - thanx for the congrats guys, got lost in the name spelling thing, lets hope I dont get chopped again :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    no worries, I saw the lay down. This was just something simple, but good. We're not looking to reinvent the wheel here.

congrats btw
  • edited January 2010
    Bah...he didnt like my play on the turn :( Still, tis good to get on the show...oh and its Contracts Supervisor not contact Mr Orford. GL all.
    Posted by Bza3swords
    Don't give it a 2nd thought. These are just my opinions. And at the end of the day, you should be very proud to have made the top 10 - keep it up!
  • edited January 2010

Heyyyy skipper! Gud to see u on here! I cnt wait to get going!!! TP is on my mind 24/7!

Saw the 1.1m pot last night, That must be quite something to see live right? wow!!!!

DOHH!
  • edited January 2010
    Now is when it gets fun! First off, congrats to all the top 10s - it's very difficult to narrow it down to 3.

I'm really looking forward to helping my 6 become the best they can. Feel free to shoot me any questions before Feb 8 and afterwards. Poker should be a give and take - we all help each other become better players. So send me questions - let me know you're thinking about poker.

Phil - You should have called with Q-T (we'll talk about it though)

FYI, I'm going to Miami for NFL stuff, but will be back on Feb 6th. And then.....It's on! I'll try and check the board and my messages while I'm gone, but give me a break if I don't get back to you for a day or two.

• edited January 2010
    Heyyyy skipper! Gud to see u on here! I cnt wait to get going!!! TP is on my mind 24/7! Saw the 1.1m pot last night, That must be quite something to see live right? wow!!!! DOHH!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    yeah, it was insane.

• edited January 2010

U wanna game while ur here captain? We play HU? ring, HU sng?

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    Ahhh the winning mentor makes an appearance !

Let the mind games begin :)
  • edited January 2010
    Heyyyy skipper! Gud to see u on here! I cnt wait to get going!!! TP is on my mind 24/7! Saw the 1.1m pot last night, That must be quite something to see live right? wow!!!! DOHH!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    what pot?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Hi all - just a quick announcement to TEAM MATT: Sadly Wednesday 3rd is no longer a date I can be live online with my team due to a family funeral that afternoon/evening, so for that night I will be Deputising TK to keep an eye on my space cadets and report back on their progress. (Many thanks Tony!) ALSO: I've only just seen that I had some PMs sent to the MBroughton account, and have only just worked out that while IE doesn't seem to work when it comes to replying, Firefox can, so huge apologies to anyone who sent me a message and received no reply, I'm now on the case! (Please don't think my ignoring you was me saying "Don't PM!") Cheers all Matt
    Posted by MBroughton

Hey Matt. Sorry to hear that :(.

Tikay will be a great deputy. Speak soon James
  • edited January 2010

Just catching up with the updates, and I'm pretty blown away.

Firstly by the volume everyone appears to be putting in.
    And also by the results that are coming in.

Yippeee............. awesome mate. Really showing what you can do.
    Great days for Dan & Glitter too - wouldn't expect any less from these two luckboxes! ;o)

Played the Open on Pryce's table for a while, and he played a nice, solid game until he got very unlucky.
    GL to you tomorrow sir.

And GL to everyone else too.

• edited January 2010
    only just worked out that while IE doesn't seem to work when it comes to replying, Firefox can, so huge apologies to anyone who sent me a message and received no reply, I'm now on the case! (Please don't think my ignoring you was me saying "Don't PM!") Cheers all Matt
    Posted by MBroughton

you shouldn't have any problems PM'ing while using IE. which version are you using? do you receive any error messages?

let me know as much detail as you can and i'll take a look at this.

thank you!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : what pot?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Million Dollar Cash game on Sky Sports - Dwan and Ivey were involved in the biggest pot in television history! I'm sure it's on YouTube somewhere but if you can't find it, flop came J 3 5 with Ivey holding A2 and durrrrr 67 - already $100k+ in the pot when 4 came on the turn and all the money went in! Epic hand...
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : you shouldn't have any problems PM'ing while using IE. which version are you using? do you receive any error messages? let me know as much detail as you can and i'll take a look at this. thank you!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich - using IE, if I even try to send a PM I get a "MESSAGE FROM WEBPAGE" that says "Toolbar set "Dynamic Toolbar" doesn't exist"

Hope this helps.

Cheers

M
  • edited January 2010
    Hi Team Matt

Hopefully you all SHOULD have had a PM off me giving you an MSN address to get in touch with. Just because I still don't trust my PMing skills 100% if you haven't received a message from me, get in touch. I'm much better at pressing REPLY than you'd imagine.

^__^

Cheers

Matt (aka The Winning Mentor)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Hi Rich - using IE, if I even try to send a PM I get a "MESSAGE FROM WEBPAGE" that says "Toolbar set "Dynamic Toolbar" doesn't exist" Hope this helps. Cheers M
    Posted by MBroughton

ah ha, right, this sounds like an error with your browser.

is everything fine and work as expected when you use firefox?

if so, and if it's isn't a problem for you, it sounds like you should try and use firefox when using the community.

if you come across any problems / bugs while using firefox, just give me a shout.

cheers
  • edited January 2010
    Hello "Team Matt" (everyone else look away please)

I've already had some interesting hand history breakdowns with Naomi, a really good MSN session with Charles, etc. so keep it up. I don't want to distract you too much when it comes to our playing sessions - it'll be hard enough tracking six of you multitabling as it goes anyway - but I do want to help you work through tricky situation, especially where we can take the hands out of the 'heat of battle' and chew over them in more detail to identify any areas we can focus on and sharpen. I'm looking for snipers, not shotguns (or something). :)

I also have a new term as a result of an MSN with Charles (who worries he is a nit). I don't mind nits - I'M a nit - but... I'm a KUNG FU NIT. We don't spew, but we often surprise!

Welcome to the dojo.

^__^