You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Good luck to everyone in Ed's team tomorrow.  Bet the big man is still struggling to make his decision.  All the best

Ross
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    Good luck to everyone in Ed's team tomorrow.  Bet the big man is still struggling to make his decision.  All the best Ross
    Posted by rossjb14

Ross you are right, its 5.11 AM   the show is later tonight and I still dont know who to pick, Im gonna go to Sky towers early and scrutinise some hands that the 6 have sent in with explanations, hopefully I can relate to that and make a desicion.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Ross you are right, its 5.11 AM   the show is later tonight and I still dont know who to pick, Im gonna go to Sky towers early and scrutinise some hands that the 6 have sent in with explanations, hopefully I can relate to that and make a desicion.
    Posted by EdGiddins

Haha! Giddins under pressure! I'm definitely going in early now to watch a grown man cry.

Don't fancy his job tonight at all. He's going to be crushing 3 people live on air at 10.45pm. Gulp!

Good luck to all 6 in Team Ed, but on a serious note to everyone on the forum- remember, whatever happens, it's only a gameshow!

:)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Haha! Giddins under pressure! I'm definitely going in early now to watch a grown man cry. Don't fancy his job tonight at all. He's going to be crushing 3 people live on air at 10.45pm. Gulp! Good luck to all 6 in Team Ed, but on a serious note to everyone on the forum- remember, whatever happens, it's only a gameshow! :)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Only a gameshow , Rich ???????
    The fact that our leader was up at 5am shows that he knows that it is much much more than that to us involved. All the best to the other five
    Tony
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Haha! Giddins under pressure! I'm definitely going in early now to watch a grown man cry. Don't fancy his job tonight at all. He's going to be crushing 3 people live on air at 10.45pm. Gulp! Good luck to all 6 in Team Ed, but on a serious note to everyone on the forum- remember, whatever happens, it's only a gameshow! :)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    And THAT is gonna hurt.

It's the very nature of the thing, & Poker.

But I'm gonna feel for those that don't survive the cull.

Judging by the mood & spirit of this Thread, though, they will be applauded by all, & they themselves will support the surviving TP-ers going forward.

Anyways, good luck to all you guys tonight.
  • edited January 2010
    tough job ed,

good luck all tonight !
  • edited January 2010
    Good luck to all the TP-ers tonight, Don't envy Ed one bit... Im already feeling nervous about next weeks decision that im in, so what this weeks players are going through must be baaaaaadd.

• edited January 2010
    All the best tonight and please remember even if you're not selected, you have done FANTASTICALLY to be recognised and to get to this stage so be proud regardless.

Any idea when the TP interviews are going to start to be shown ?
  • edited January 2010
    GL to all 2nite!
  • edited January 2010
    All the best tonight and please remember even if you're not selected, you have done FANTASTICALLY to be recognised and to get to this stage so be proud regardless. Any idea when the TP interviews are going to start to be shown ?
    Posted by phil12uk
    They wil be aired in bite-size chunks, the first of them tonight, I understand.
  • edited January 2010
    All the best tonight and please remember even if you're not selected, you have done FANTASTICALLY to be recognised and to get to this stage so be proud regardless. Any idea when the TP interviews are going to start to be shown ?
    Posted by phil12uk
    Don't worry Phil we are going to be all over your interview - 3 millions takes I do believe ;)

p.s. hope your in less pain at mo.
  • edited January 2010
    Good Luck to the six of you for tonight and also good luck to the 6 TP players playing Monday - Wednesday!!
  • edited January 2010
    just a quick 1.... good luck to all the total players 2nite, and well played to all 6 for even getting this far! :)
  • edited January 2010
    Very best of luck too all the guys this evening..I imagine its going to be very intense! All 6 did a great job this week gl all!
  • edited January 2010

Here we go guys! - Im sure you will all get what u deserve (thats better than saying gl, too late for luck)

I wudnt enjoy sitting at the same table as any of u, poker-wise....But spoke to most of u, and u shud be proud of what uve achived!

Enjoy tonight!

DOHH
  • edited January 2010

Wat a read Dan! - Stunning stuff!
  • edited January 2010

God Im so nervous! I'll type to myself all night on here!!! DAN! PRYCE! GLGLGLGLGLGL!!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    please keep us updated, comp is running so slow cant watch it!!
  • edited January 2010
    will do, result coming very shortly
  • edited January 2010

DAN!! - (yesss)

YippeeYappeeeeeeee

Glitterbabe!

VUL PRYCE :(

Typed as they came out! Congrats all! - hope u enjoyed/continue to enoy it!

DOHH

• edited January 2010

well done guys who went through,

unlucky to the others.

• edited January 2010
    congrats to dan glitter yippeeeeee.  very unlucky penguin pryce  cotlad.
  • edited January 2010
    nice 1 vwd to the 6, gl to the 3 left from tonight and all the others still in the mix.
  • edited January 2010
    congrats the 3 that went through but big round of applause to other 3 ! every1s done their selfs proud. GOOD SHOW
  • edited January 2010

hey everyone, pretty happy to be going through, just want to say unlucky to those who went out, pryce, i thought you might go through, you've got a really good tournament game, gl
    cottlad and penguin also really unlucky both solid players,

• edited January 2010
    Very well done to the selected 3 and unlucky to the other 3. Everyone who I spoke to will back up that I said the same 3 that got through were my prediction. Dan... Excellent readon Mackem, wow, im so suprised he didn't chat back on your play, something must of stopped him doing that ;-) ... Yippee I think you made the most profit out of anyone which cannot be ignored... Glitter... You are a class grinder, and like myself I imagine you struggled for hands to send in as you play pretty ABC but playing 100% ABC is the way forward IMO... well done m8, the 3 I predicted.

As for the other 3, remember as been said time and time again your are in the top 95% of the site, that is a compliment in itself.... Cotlad, you ran like a 3 legged donkey at just the wrong time, If you run good who knows you may be in the final 3, but hey ho, im sure they will do viva las vegas later on in the year. Penguin and Pryce, for NON- Reg forum regs, you have done excellent to get this far and that really shows your skill at this game. Too get this far you are excellent players, not much more can be said but 3 had to go. Unlucky and well done.

Fingers crossed for myself next week !!!!
  • edited January 2010
    Congratulations to the chosen three and commiserations to those you just missed out - very tough decision for Ed but you did yourselves proud!
  • edited January 2010
    Ah gutted.

How do I fold aces and not get through??

Only joking :) well done to the others - plenty of time for me yet.

Unfortunately I am a little disappointed that I didn't get much out of the process and perhaps wasn't given the same chances as others but that's life and I'll continue to learn by myself and enjoy the game!

Once again well done to the guys that got through you deserved it.
  • edited January 2010
    Wow sooo intense as I thought, First of all I really feel for you guys that didnt make it, I can imagine the dissapointment. The hand selections, stats and reads etc from all 6 were awsome. It really sets a very tough standard for next week ! Big congrats to all 3 through to phase 2, think Ed made some really fine choices.
  • edited January 2010
    Well done to Dan, glitterbabe, and yippeeyappee on getting through to the final 3, they showed some great reads and laydowns tonight on total player.To the others keep doing the same and i'm sure we will be seeing you in next years TP if not before.It looked a tough choice for Ed Giddens.