You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    a yeah so did dont know how i missed it...cheers. Hope you run like 3 legged donkey tomorow ;) Im definately an outsider to go through our group is ridic tough.
    Posted by boylebag
    Haha - Makes a change from all the good luck messages! - Nothing wrong with abit of honesty lol. - Hes got A point though tough draw tonight. - Have fun all.

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    Can't wait to get my campaign started tonight, as well as on the other hand im nervous about it. All support welcome. I am planning on 2 tabling all night, so will be on mini but I will be switching between the 2 so all railers are welcome :-).

I think I echo Boylebag's comment. Although I talk to most of the other players in my team off the table, I hope you run bad ;-).

Let the best 2 men/women get through and me in 3rd.

Flash
  • edited February 2010
    Can't wait to get my campaign started tonight, as well as on the other hand im nervous about it. All support welcome. I am planning on 2 tabling all night, so will be on mini but I will be switching between the 2 so all railers are welcome :-). I think I echo Boylebag's comment. Although I talk to most of the other players in my team off the table, I hope you run bad ;-). Let the best 2 men/women get through and me in 3rd. Flash
    Posted by FlashFlush

best of luck m8y and all !
  • edited February 2010
    Gud luck peeps, try and enjoy it!!
  • edited February 2010
    Bon chance tonights 6!  Have fun..... don't stress too much ;)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TP THREAD:
    Tournament Poker Team Poker All the best
    Posted by Sherlock
    POKER FREAKSHOW
  • edited February 2010

Before we get onto Team Matt's Boot-Camp Phase 1 Debut tonight, let's just clear up some stuff from Team Ed's week.

I've had some long PM's from a few players abouut it, & they are quite complex - I'll reply to them later today. Bear with me, please.

It must be gutting to not progress, & this will repeat every Saturday night for some weeks. Poker makes dreams come true. And nightmares.

Now, some stats & stuff - I like stats & stuff.

Team Ed's original 6 picks had an average age of (37+37+25+53+22+21) 34.

His remaining three have an average age of  (37+25+22) 28.

They live in Hove (Sussex), Doncaster (Yorkshire) & Northwich (Chesire). They mine salt in Northwich, bye the bye, & it's quite near the Jodrell Bank Telescope. 

In aggregate, they had a starting Bankroll of (6 x £500) £3,000, & they finished with an aggregate of £3,860. Impressive stuff.

During the three evenings, they played, in aggregate, 194 SNG's & MTT's, & over 6,000 hands of Cash. Collectively, their average % of cash hands won was 21%.

So, that was Team Ed's Phase One Boot-Camp.

I thought it was a revelation, to be able to Rail the guys, support them on the Rail, see the Reports on this Thread, da de da. Most of all, I thought it terrific the way everyone supported everyone, even the Team-Mates, even the Picks from the other Teams.

Total Player exceeded all my expectations last week, to be honest - terrific entertainment. It's such a shame there has to be losers, but that's the very nature of the beast.

Next up - this week's fayre.
  • edited February 2010
    Looking forward to tonight, counting down the hours....I am definately part of an extremely tough team, I think we all have to play our game, play it well and hope it is enough to see us through...if it is not then so be it...Having said that when you think about the prize at stake here it definately alters your calm mindset!!:):)
    Best of luck to all the team, Bring on 7pm!!
  • edited February 2010
    GL all total players 2nite, hopefully ull all get a chance to shine. looking forward to next 3 days and sats show :)
  • edited February 2010

Before I list all the Details for Team Matt's Debut tonight, one thing.

Matt indicated on here last week that due to personal circumstances, he would NOT be available for Mentoring purposes on Wednesday of this week. This was wholly unforeseeable.

Matt announced that I would therefore "stand-in" for him this Wednesday evening, & of course, I'm happy to help.

However......

I will NOT be "mentoring" as such - that'd be wholly wrong, & quite improper, even assuming I was competent so to do, & frankly, I'm not sure I am. We have to have a sort of Chinese Wall here, anything else would be very wrong. I know too many of the players personally, & as most of you know, I'm a bit OCD with these things. 

But I WILL be there to Rail the Team, to help them with off-table questions & such-like, & maybe Post up a brief report of how they got on during & after the evening. Really, I'll jusy act as a comnmunication duct to Matt, to make him aware of what went off in his absence. A sort of water-carrier, or sponge-man, no more than that.

I don't use MSN either, (whatever happened to postcards?), then it'll have to be via Moby. I'll PM all of Team Matt my Moby Number between now & Wednesday. More details nearer the time.
  • edited February 2010

So, to Team Matt. Here's their TP Aliases, so you can rail them if you wish. (Use the "Find A Player" Tab to search for them).

TP_BoyleB 

TP_BrownD

TP_FlashF

TP_lJAMESl

TP_SharksB

TP_Sparce

Remember, they have ALL been entered, at no cost to their Bankroll, in the 8pm Main Event on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday.

As of now, they have £500 each.

They need to, between the hours of 7pm & 11pm on the three nights, play a gross MINIMUM of...

The Three Main Events

10 x £11 SNG's.

3 hours of 25p-50p+

The Rules, & clarifications, of Boot-Camp Phase 1 are on Pages 40 & 41 of this Thread. If in doubt, read them, or ask.

To all 6 of them, I wish them the very best of luck. And remind them, that come Saturday night, the 6 will only be 3......

Fun, yes, easy, no.
  • edited February 2010
    So, to Team Matt. Here's their TP Aliases, so you can rail them if you wish. (Use the "Find A Player" Tab to search for them). TP_BoyleB  TP_BrownD TP_FlashF TP_lJAMESl TP_SharksB TP_Sparce Remember, they have ALL been entered, at no cost to their Bankroll, in the 8pm Main Event on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. As of now, they have £500 each. They need to, between the hours of 7pm & 11pm on the three nights, play a gross MINIMUM of... The Three Main Events 10 x £11 SNG's. 3 hours of 25p-50p+ The Rules, & clarifications, of Boot-Camp Phase 1 are on Pages 40 & 41 of this Thread. If in doubt, read them, or ask. To all 6 of them, I wish them the very best of luck. And remind them, that come Saturday night, the 6 will only be 3...... Fun, yes, easy, no.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hey Team Matt

I've already spoken with most of you individually now, but just a reminder - make sure you have my mentor MSN in your system and i'm not blocked! Trying to watch six people multitabling isn't going to be the easiest thing, so i'll be bouncing around sniping here and there, but ultimately i just want you to focus on your game. Don't worry about chasing loses, don't worry about having a bad run and it affecting your chances, and certainly don't worry that we're all watching! ^__^

Relax, play the game that got you this far, and enjoy playing with someone else's money!

Remember, good poker impresses me, not the ROI from three enforced four hour sessions, so NEVER compromise your poker to try and score a big hit.

Best of all, run well and have fun.

See you on the other side

Matt

PS Thanks again to TK for babysitting on the Wednesday. I WILL be reviewing hands from the session, and please all feel free to bump me any hand histories you want to go over during the phase. I'd also suggest you keep a summary of your night's play - nothing detailed, just where, when and what you played, how you fared, and anything notable. That way I can go back and look at situations I might have missd on the night. GL!

PPS Ling wanted me to remind you to keep a note of any hand numbers for interesting hands that you think might make good viewing! ^__^
  • edited February 2010
    Good Luck to everyone tonight, havent really comented on this thread, to be honest didnt think the whole compettiton would effect me at all but I loved reading the reports from the first 6.  If i couldnt stay up to read them i logged on first thing in the morning to find out how people got on.

Hope everyoen involved has a profitable evening and may the best 3 progress.

gareth
  • edited February 2010
    Before I list all the Details for Team Matt's Debut tonight, one thing. Matt indicated on here last week that due to personal circumstances, he would NOT be available for Mentoring purposes on Wednesday of this week. This was wholly unforeseeable. Matt announced that I would therefore "stand-in" for him this Wednesday evening, & of course, I'm happy to help. However...... I will NOT be "mentoring" as such - that'd be wholly wrong, & quite improper, even assuming I was competent so to do, & frankly, I'm not sure I am. We have to have a sort of Chinese Wall here, anything else would be very wrong. I know too many of the players personally, & as most of you know, I'm a bit OCD with these things.  But I WILL be there to Rail the Team, to help them with off-table questions & such-like, & maybe Post up a brief report of how they got on during & after the evening. Really, I'll jusy act as a comnmunication duct to Matt, to make him aware of what went off in his absence. A sort of water-carrier, or sponge-man, no more than that. I don't use MSN either, (whatever happened to postcards?), then it'll have to be via Moby. I'll PM all of Team Matt my Moby Number between now & Wednesday. More details nearer the time.
    Posted by Tikay10
    On a boring note - I wrote my dissertation on Chinese Walls.

Now back to business, GL everyone! I am going to try to rail later. Esp James and Charles.

• edited February 2010
    Exciting times. just warming up for tonights sessions :)

just wondering if the compulsary sit and go's we have to do have to be normal, or can we choose dym ones?

Best of luck everyone, looks like we got an uber strong field tonight :)

Let the games commence!!

XXX
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : On a boring note - I wrote my dissertation on Chinese Walls. Now back to business, GL everyone! I am going to try to rail later. Esp James and Charles.
    Posted by Grimstar30

I hate you graffiti merchants.
  • edited February 2010

Reckon ur alright with any sng structure above £11, R.Roulette it is then right? lol

Good luck mate, Ill try n find u for a game at Nl50 as its probably the only chance Ill ever get to face u n James!

Have fun! 

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    Exciting times. just warming up for tonights sessions :) just wondering if the compulsary sit and go's we have to do have to be normal, or can we choose dym ones? Best of luck everyone, looks like we got an uber strong field tonight :) Let the games commence!! XXX
    Posted by TP_Sparce
    Hi Sparce,

It's a question for Matt really, but in case he misses it......

As far as I am aware, "SNG's" means exactly that - anything contained within the SNG Tab in the Poker Lobby. So that would include DYM's, yes.

Good Luck tonight & going forward, but most of all, enjoy.
  • edited February 2010
    Good luck tonight guys :)

i'll be watching :o
  • edited February 2010
    Does any1 know when the leauge tp 150 freerool is played! qulified this month and dont wanna miss it!

Thanks for you reply in advanced
  • edited February 2010
    Ok guys,

Just a quick reminder - Hand Id's need to be in by noon on Thurdsay - That is the deadline folks - Or as stated they will not be put forward for the show...

Best of luck to the TP'ers tonight!

A xx
  • edited February 2010
    Exciting times. just warming up for tonights sessions :) just wondering if the compulsary sit and go's we have to do have to be normal, or can we choose dym ones? Best of luck everyone, looks like we got an uber strong field tonight :) Let the games commence!! XXX
    Posted by TP_Sparce

Whatever you choose... Play to your strengths!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Hi Sparce, It's a question for Matt really, but in case he misses it...... As far as I am aware, "SNG's" means exactly that - anything contained within the SNG Tab in the Poker Lobby. So that would include DYM's, yes. Good Luck tonight & going forward, but most of all, enjoy.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Absolutely - play where you think you can play your best and make the most! Simple as that. Good luck. M
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : I hate you graffiti merchants.
    Posted by MereNovice
    It was a very long piece of 'Street Art' - Great wall, long wall lol
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : It was a very long piece of 'Street Art' - Great wall, long wall lol
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Wondered where you had got to ;)
  • edited February 2010
    hey guys think you have a problem tp sparce is on 

the 50p/ £1 cash tables ,

looks like hes taking you guys up wrong in the advice earlier 
  • edited February 2010
    hey guys think you have a problem tp sparce is on  the 50p/ £1 cash tables , looks like hes taking you guys up wrong in the advice earlier 
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    He appears to be "rattling along nicely" in the Cash Games!

Another TP-er just got 30th in th BH, & several ran deep in it.
  • edited February 2010
    oh soz my mistake lol !
  • edited February 2010
    oh soz my mistake lol !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Phew!

What did you think had gone wrong?

PS - I've been watching the TP Lads, & some of the cash action is very entertaining, with somwe juicy pots. I was gonna put up a Post up suggesting folks went & watched it, but then I thought, nah, think I'll swerve that...........
  • edited February 2010
    arf im done for the night, +48, was a mixed bag of playing well then playing sorta spewy...then i made the worlds worst bluff and halfed my stack in the B/H, played 2 DYM didnt cash in both. Played 2 HU sit n goes, won one, lost one.

Quite annoyed at the bounty hunter but still feeling good for tomorow. Looking forward to hearing how everyone else got on...lol sparce at 100nl thats excellent.

sooo here how it looks:

Cash = +69
    Stt = - 21.50

not terrible but going to have to do better