You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    arf im done for the night, +48, was a mixed bag of playing well then playing sorta spewy...then i made the worlds worst bluff and halfed my stack in the B/H, played 2 DYM didnt cash in both. Played 2 HU sit n goes, won one, lost one. Quite annoyed at the bounty hunter but still feeling good for tomorow. Looking forward to hearing how everyone else got on...lol sparce at 100nl thats excellent. sooo here how it looks: Cash = +69 Stt = - 21.50 not terrible but going to have to do better
    Posted by TP_BoyleB
    Keep your chin up BaggyBoy, tomorrow is another day. You can do it.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Phew! What did you think had gone wrong? PS - I've been watching the TP Lads, & some of the cash action is very entertaining, with somwe juicy pots. I was gonna put up a Post up suggesting folks went & watched it, but then I thought, nah, think I'll swerve that...........
    Posted by Tikay10
    soz tk thought they had to stay on 25p/50p cash my mistake .

just trying to help ,

but you know that .
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : soz tk thought they had to stay on 25p/50p cash my mistake . just trying to help , but you know that .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Yeah, you thought the same as I did originally - it had to be 25p-50p.

But - it's 25p-50p PLUS.

Scary stuff playing 50p-£1 on a thin Bankroll, but that's their choice, & right. I'd be too wimpish!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Yeah, you thought the same as I did originally - it had to be 25p-50p. But - it's 25p-50p PLUS. Scary stuff playing 50p-£1 on a thin Bankroll, but that's their choice, & right. I'd be too wimpish!
    Posted by Tikay10
    lol n1 !
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Yeah, you thought the same as I did originally - it had to be 25p-50p. But - it's 25p-50p PLUS. Scary stuff playing 50p-£1 on a thin Bankroll, but that's their choice, & right. I'd be too wimpish!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Lol me 2
  • edited February 2010
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sparce doesn't seem to have a thin bankroll anymore. He's sitting with £450 on 1 table.
  • edited February 2010
    Results

I played various cash games at 50NL and played in the compulsory 8pm tournament. I think I played pretty well I got unlucky in some spots but on the flip side of that I could of played certain hands better.

Overall my total profit is: -£41.53

Naturally I'm disappointed with this result, but there are certain adjustments that I am going to make for tomorrow that will hopefully result in a better outcome.

Browndog
  • edited February 2010

Loving watching u big players playing down at NL50, in alot of ways, its unfair, but in other ways, It's a great measure of how u can adapt and outplay different players.

Fascinating stuff!

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    Results I played various cash games at 50NL and played in the compulsory 8pm tournament. I think I played pretty well I got unlucky in some spots but on the flip side of that I could of played certain hands better. Overall my total profit is: -£41.53 Naturally I'm disappointed with this result, but there are certain adjustments that I am going to make for tomorrow that will hopefully result in a better outcome. Browndog
    Posted by TP_BrownD
    Still 2 more days Browny, & it's not a Bankroll Challenge. Good Luck tomorrow.

YBA.
  • edited February 2010
    Summary

Had a very enjoyable all be it frustrating evening tonight. Started off on cash where I was pretty tight, every raise got 3 or 4 callers to start with so went into my shell to get a tight image. Got rivered for a decent sized pot right at the end of my 1st cash session which was frustrating. I was also playng Sit N Go's at this point, started on a £16.50 regular sit n go with Sharky. That didnt go to plan either so started a £22 DYM. At this point the 8pm started so closed the cash game and carried on with the MTT and STT... Well the MTT lasted about 15 mins when 99 ran into 10,10 on an 8 high flop. So not a good start. I cashed the DYM and then went on to cash the next 2 as well which gave me a 3 out of 3 record on £22 DYM's.

Back onto cash where the bad beats were waiting for me.. AQ no good on a A,Q,rag board vs Q,10 all in on flop to see turn K river J. Then some1 came to the table sitting short with only £10 I got my 99 all in vs their Arag only for them to spike an A on turn. Really wasn't being my night!!

Made a KUNG FU NIT* move raising up with 5,6spades only to be min raised back, I called to see a flop of 4,8,J ..2 spades Villain bets out i call to hit my 7 on turn, he bets again i go all in he calls with J10, river a safe J to make 2 pair and I finally get the break I needed to double my cash up.

*copywrite protected Mr Matt Broughton

I also played the 1k GTD and the £1500 BH, no joy in the 1k but went ok in the 1500, just missing the money but took 2 bounties to pretty much get my buyin back.

Bankroll Stats

Cash - £25.80
    MTT - £7.12
    STT - + £26.50

Bankroll now £493.58

Therefor loss of £6.42

Happy with being basicly even after running so bad. Look forward to tomorrow where i can hopefully get some nice profit!!

Flash
  • edited February 2010
    I actually thought the NL 50 cash was very tough, so I changed up a level lol! didnt see too much value in the 50! well played people on those levels! boyle b 0wned me in one of the hands, well played :)

Ok as for results and how i did, night started off pretty bad losing 3 dyms, but gradually picked up.  I thought i lost a lot of 50:50 type hands, cash and dym's. Cant complain though as got put in some nice spots as well which suited me.

Seems people talking a bit about my game selection.  I thought about it a while before, and was planning on playing a very non exploitable game in cash (tight)  and would not swing too much.  Thought i had an edge and exploited it. Started by short stacking, then grew it up on the .5/1.  I also thought i had an edge on the larger DYMs (50s) and thought they were infact easier to beat than the 20s.  Wonder if anyone would like to comment on this?  I find that higher limits people often are a lot more scared money, and therefore they seem to play poker which is a lot easier to read. 

soo results:

DYM's-    £12 -   Played 1      Lost  1    Won 0   Net   -12
                  £22     Played 1      Lost  1    Won 0   Net   -22
                  £55     Played 10    Lost  4    Won 6   Net    50

DYM - Profit: £16        ror: 2.7%   

Cash: made: 278.54  mainly on the 100 table.

oh, and i busted in the bounty hunter. first my jj vs aq, then i was short and shoved AT and got called by A9 and au revoir :)

Good night overall though making £294.54

Looking forward to tomoz now.

XXXXXXXXXX

• edited February 2010
    Hello!

Decided to play £50nl ran pretty bad in cash not gonna list badbeats their boring, but thought the games were soft. I noticed there was like 4 callers to every flop makes it pretty tough to play against with my style of play. Might make some adjustments for tomoz. Overall I think I played well and on another day I could of made alot of money so not too bothered about losing.

Came 30th in the £5.5k Bounty hunter, which wasn't bad but only got about £49 for that. Was playing for the win not to cash so a little disappointed, made a move with an open ended straight draw and got called by top pair to exit.

Bubbled a few DYM's where I didn't do anything wrong and got it in ahead that's the way it goes sometimes. Won a couple of DYM's and a couple of HU sit n goes too.

I lost the most on the cash games. 

Ended -£101.02.. I'm not too worried about the result its short term variance at its worst to be honest. Pretty confident on a different day with a bit more luck I could of won a fair chunk.

• edited February 2010
    Ok, Started the night off pretty well, Had a couple of nice doubles in cash, played 2 HU sngs and won both, then continued with cash which progressively became a disaster after losing 3 pretty huge pots where i got it in way ahead and came out behind. I then continued with 2 x 6 max sngs which I bubbled in both,(One I reshove pre with AA to be called by 78cc who then turns a flush) Along side this I played some HU sngs which went well, winning a total of 7 out of 8. I also played the 8pm BH where I bust out about 140th. Button made a move which put me in only having 4 BBs decided to call with A7, his 66 holds, played 2 more mtts, one being the £400 Bh which I busted out 14th, no cash but £30 in bounties so not bad.
    So Just to sum up.
    Cash-Loss £36.57
    Mtt-Loss£8.50
    Sng- Profit£42.25
    End Br £497.18
    Considering I had some pretty sick hands in cash, was quite pleased with the end result, and really enjoyed the experience tonight, Well done to the other 5, looking forward to tomorrow eve.
    Good night all!
  • edited February 2010
    Well that was exciting!

I've never had 20 tables open plus 6 msn windows. My Laptop is in a bucket of water cooling down!

Boyle = £547.50
    Naomi = £497
    Sparce = £794.54
    Charles = £493.58
    James = 398.98
    BDog = £458.47

The guys have already beat me to the summaries, but I can safely say Naomi had a bruising night of badbeats and outdraws, while Sparce showed how to play like a highroller with a lowroller's bankroll!

James took a bit of a kicking but didn't lose his head and is very positive about the next two nights. Naomi had to step away for a break at 10:30 as the beats were getting pretty spectacular in their ludicrousness (88 on an 7385 board - all in against 10-10, River 10 - OUGH!) but surprised herself by ending in decent shape. Boylebag bailed early wishing he had left 30 minutes earlier than he did but still showed profit, and Charles got all Kung Fu Nitty on some fresh meat, but met with resistance and some bad beats of his own to end down by a few quid. BrownDog ticked over and seemed in control, coming out with a slight loss but certainly looking like he can do well over the next few nights, while Sparce scared the life out of me with near half his total backroll in play at one stage, but indepth conversation showed he had a plan and the skills and knowledge to back it up. I know that all players have some tweaks to their game we discussed for tomorrow, but I'm entirely happy with everything I saw tonight.

We have some specific action points for tomorrow, but I won't disadvantage the players by discussing them here!

Only 1/3rd of the way into this and already KNOW I will hate having to halve these guys. Right now I don't know how to make it 5 let alone 4 and then 3.

Thanks to all Team Matt for their efforts, and thanks to all the railers and well-wishers.

And now - FINALLY - after the agonising pain of watching SO much poker without having a single hand of my own, I'm off to totally pwn the 2p/4p tables. Yehaw!

Be seeing you...
  • edited February 2010
    Ok, Started the night off pretty well, Had a couple of nice doubles in cash, played 2 HU sngs and won both, then continued with cash which progressively became a disaster after losing 3 pretty huge pots where i got it in way ahead and came out behind. I then continued with 2 x 6 max sngs which I bubbled in both,(One I reshove pre with AA to be called by 78cc who then turns a flush) Along side this I played some HU sngs which went well, winning a total of 7 out of 8. I also played the 8pm BH where I bust out about 140th. Button made a move which put me in only having 4 BBs decided to call with A7, his 66 holds, played 2 more mtts, one being the £400 Bh which I busted out 14th, no cash but £30 in bounties so not bad. So Just to sum up. Cash-Loss £36.57 Mtt-Loss£8.50 Sng- Profit£42.25 End Br £497.18 Considering I had some pretty sick hands in cash, was quite pleased with the end result, and really enjoyed the experience tonight, Well done to the other 5, looking forward to tomorrow eve. Good night all!
    Posted by TP_SharksB
    Ps. Thanks so much for all the rail and support this evening, so nice to see everyone getting involved!
  • edited February 2010
    Well that was exciting! I've never had 20 tables open plus 6 msn windows. My Laptop is in a bucket of water cooling down! Boyle = £547.50 Naomi = £497 Sparce = £794.54 Charles = £493.58 James = 398.98 BDog = £458.47 The guys have already beat me to the summaries, but I can safely say Naomi had a bruising night of badbeats and outdraws, while Sparce showed how to play like a highroller with a lowroller's bankroll! James took a bit of a kicking but didn't lose his head and is very positive about the next two nights. Naomi had to step away for a break at 10:30 as the beats were getting pretty spectacular in their ludicrousness (88 on an 7385 board - all in against 10-10, River 10 - OUGH!) but surprised herself by ending in decent shape. Boylebag bailed early wishing he had left 30 minutes earlier than he did but still showed profit, and Charles got all Kung Fu Nitty on some fresh meat, but met with resistance and some bad beats of his own to end down by a few quid. BrownDog ticked over and seemed in control, coming out with a slight loss but certainly looking like he can do well over the next few nights, while Sparce scared the life out of me with near half his total backroll in play at one stage, but indepth conversation showed he had a plan and the skills and knowledge to back it up. I know that all players have some tweaks to their game we discussed for tomorrow, but I'm entirely happy with everything I saw tonight. We have some specific action points for tomorrow, but I won't disadvantage the players by discussing them here! Only 1/3rd of the way into this and already KNOW I will hate having to halve these guys. Right now I don't know how to make it 5 let alone 4 and then 3. Thanks to all Team Matt for their efforts, and thanks to all the railers and well-wishers. And now - FINALLY - after the agonising pain of watching SO much poker without having a single hand of my own, I'm off to totally pwn the 2p/4p tables. Yehaw! Be seeing you...
    Posted by MBroughton
    So funny lol! awsome summary Matt such a good read.
  • edited February 2010
    Was looking forward to this group going at it -

Looked like a tough night for some but you know you can turn it around into a big profit with some luck. 

Good luck tomorrow :)

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Ps. Thanks so much for all the rail and support this evening, so nice to see everyone getting involved!
    Posted by Sharksbite
    What she said :)

Ty everyone, happy hunting at the tables!!
    XXX
  • edited February 2010
    Firstly apologies for not responding sooner had an absolute manic weekend and totally forgot about posting,sorry sorry sorry...

Secondly I would like to thank everyone for their support on this thread, last week was real tough and to be honest thought I had blown my chance. To,  Cottlad, Penguin and Pyrce you put up some great competition and really put the pressure on commiserations to all 3 of you.  Phase 2 will be really interesting and no doubt will only get tougher, but I say bring it on and let the best man win. Good luck Dan and Yippee...

Finally just looked at the results tonight, only day1 guys, I know some of you will rip it up tomorrow ( come on ROCK )..Wishing you all the best of luck, esp Sharky and James, good luck guys..

Once again thank you all and thanks Ed..

GB
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : What she said :) Ty everyone, happy hunting at the tables!! XXX
    Posted by Sparce
    Lol:)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Ps. Thanks so much for all the rail and support this evening, so nice to see everyone getting involved!
    Posted by Sharksbite
    i was on the table when your aces got cracked, so unlucky ,no worries he soon went himself lol. your the bomb youll be fine so good luck to you and all the rest tomoz.. fin
  • edited February 2010
    just had a catch up savage few situations naomi, def gonna get revenge from the poker gods 2nite :P also wp every1 else. hope 2nite goes well and 1 of u win the 8pm unless i make final table, then i hope u get 2nd. all the best
  • edited February 2010
    some nice results from the other night, unlucky James, but the same thing happened to some very good players on Team Ed on the first night, and they turned it around, so I'm sure you will.
    gl for today,
  • edited February 2010
    The day after the night before....

Recovered from all the action now! And feeling positive about tonight. Iv got 2.5 hours of cash and 5 sit n go's out of the way, so that gives me more time to concentrate on my main strength, MTT's. I think tonight will be mainly MTT's and STT's then hopefully get my last bit of cash in towards the end of the night. That will complete my challenges for the 3 days and leave me free to play what ever I wish for day 3.

Well done to everyone last night. Good to see nobody take a big hit to their bankroll and anyone that did have a bad session is looking at it positivly. Hopefully we will all be fighting hard on day 3.

GO TEAM MATT!!
  • edited February 2010
    cheers yipee, was a bit hard on myself last night, still finished close to the money in the main event (100th or something), played good in cash and sit n goes were a bit rusty but still a fiar performance and left with some profit...anyway gl for tonight everyone. 
  • edited February 2010
    Cheers Yippee! Yeah I hope tonight will be alot better afterall its my birthday ;-) I deserve some luck :)

GL Team!
  • edited February 2010

Well done to all the Matt-ers. Sounds like it was "character testing" for some of you. Well, cometh the hour, cometh the man. Or even Naomi......

Talking of which, I was jumping around the Tables watching tricks last night, & it looked to me like Naimi was having a shocker, she was in OutDraw-City. Frankly, I doubt if that will register on Matt's Class-Ometer. Even winning players get outdrawn.

I'll be busy in TKO tonight for a while, but I'll be Railing at some point during the evening.

I wish you all well.
  • edited February 2010
    GL again tonight all 6.... at least you all have a 50% chance of getting through which is nice for you ;)
    /wry smile
  • edited February 2010
    WP guys, good luck for 2n8, i got a feeling there will be some big results 2n8!
  • edited February 2010
    Good luck to all the TPer's tonight.

GB