You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : You gotta take the rough with the smooth i was at 2 of ur sit and goes you shoved with jj and got busted by a rag thats unlucky. Then on the other table you shove at me when you wasnt bottom stack with 34 offsuite i've pocket 10s what you want me to do fold?
    Posted by jimifloyd
    erm jimi..... don't take things so personally.  Did i say you should fold TT?  I can't remember that.... i would normally think you should insta-fistpump-call...... which you did..... wp
  • edited January 2010
    Forumites,  the players will start to post their results and thoughts on tonights session over the next hour or so.
  • edited January 2010

Good Evening all,

Yesterdays results were £183 profit at 50nl cash, tonight I played some sitngo's aswell.

4 £10+1  6max sitngo's, 1st in 2 of them, £46 profit
    1x £10+1 6max double or nothing, 1st, £10 profit,
    cash like £95 profit between 6max and hu at 50nl.
    Total profit tonight £151,

I did have a decent run in the MTT tonight, but alas went out in 79th/441 it was the deepest out of the tp's tonight though :)

hope everyone is doing well, and a shout out to Rhodesey88, had a good hu game with him which was a bit up and down.
    gl at the tables, Jac

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : erm jimi..... don't take things so personally.  Did i say you should fold TT?  I can't remember that.... i would normally think you should insta-fistpump-call...... which you did..... wp
    Posted by TP_Cottlad
    I laid a lot of hands down givin you the respect you deserve and when i think im in front im callin.You show that when you didnt need to i was a bit let down.

I do take things involving me personal i know that so in hindsight im sorry im not singling you out if i come up against other total players i'll tell it like it is if they involve me.

I called you so im in that category of callers thats why i responded.

I wish you luck but if i think any of you are painting a false picture and im involved i think the community has a right to know seen as they are voting.
  • edited January 2010

Thanks Ed.

I think it's wicked the way you,ve got your Team organised to report how they went. They are also racking up Community House Points as they go by doing it.

Be interesting to see how Team Tuck & Team Matt go about it!
  • edited January 2010
    My thoughts on tonight?..... well i don't want to list bad beat storys so this post will be short :)

I played 5 x DYM sng's and managed to cash in only 1....gg
    I 3bet shoved someone in the Open and got called by a dominated hand.... gg
    I played 4 tables of £50nl and managed to play my made hands aggressively versus draws that got there....gg

It just wasn't to be tonight.  We've all had similar nights where the table maniac actually has the nuts, or the station always hits.... i've had these nights many times in the past and will have many more in the future.  Just gotta keep head up and playing well.

At time of press i'm down to a dissappointing £410 bankroll but am still alive in the £400 BH.... altho short lol.

Not an evening i'd wish to remember pokerwise.  Hopefully i can put it behind me and run better tommorow.
  • edited January 2010

Brilliant figures Yappy again, I think they are gonna be hard to beat.........

I know its not only the results that matter, but those figures are very impressive!

Top stuff mate, u must be loving it! 

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    Good Evening all, Yesterdays results were £183 profit at 50nl cash, tonight I played some sitngo's aswell. 4 £10+1  6max sitngo's, 1st in 2 of them, £46 profit 1x £10+1 6max double or nothing, 1st, £10 profit, cash like £95 profit between 6max and hu at 50nl. Total profit tonight £151, I did have a decent run in the MTT tonight, but alas went out in 79th/441 it was the deepest out of the tp's tonight though :) hope everyone is doing well, and a shout out to Rhodesey88, had a good hu game with him which was a bit up and down. gl at the tables, Jac
    Posted by TP_YipeeY
    two very good shows then, vwp. GL for third day and GL to other 5 tp's :) looking forward to saturdays show
  • edited January 2010
    Good Evening all, Yesterdays results were £183 profit at 50nl cash, tonight I played some sitngo's aswell. 4 £10+1  6max sitngo's, 1st in 2 of them, £46 profit 1x £10+1 6max double or nothing, 1st, £10 profit, cash like £95 profit between 6max and hu at 50nl. Total profit tonight £151, I did have a decent run in the MTT tonight, but alas went out in 79th/441 it was the deepest out of the tp's tonight though :) hope everyone is doing well, and a shout out to Rhodesey88, had a good hu game with him which was a bit up and down. gl at the tables, Jac
    Posted by TP_YipeeY
    Yo Yippee, stunning stuff!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : I laid a lot of hands down givin you the respect you deserve and when i think im in front im callin.You show that when you didnt need to i was a bit let down. I do take things involving me personal i know that so in hindsight im sorry im not singling you out if i come up against other total players i'll tell it like it is if they involve me. I called you so im in that category of callers thats why i responded. I wish you luck but if i think any of you are painting a false picture and im involved i think the community has a right to know seen as they are voting.
    Posted by jimifloyd

erm......... i really don't want to argue with u jimi..... but you've got completely the wrong end of the stick.
    You called me with 1 hand that easily beat my range and yr in my 'calling' category?  I reckon i was called approx 250 times tonight by different people in different hands..... how am i singling anyone out by saying in general some people made some bad calls?  AM really sorry if u feel offended but the post wasn't aimed at you in any way
  • edited January 2010
    My thoughts on tonight?..... well i don't want to list bad beat storys so this post will be short :) I played 5 x DYM sng's and managed to cash in only 1....gg I 3bet shoved someone in the Open and got called by a dominated hand.... gg I played 4 tables of £50nl and managed to play my made hands aggressively versus draws that got there....gg It just wasn't to be tonight.  We've all had similar nights where the table maniac actually has the nuts, or the station always hits.... i've had these nights many times in the past and will have many more in the future.  Just gotta keep head up and playing well. At time of press i'm down to a dissappointing £410 bankroll but am still alive in the £400 BH.... altho short lol. Not an evening i'd wish to remember pokerwise.  Hopefully i can put it behind me and run better tommorow.
    Posted by TP_Cottlad
    Chin up man, tomorrow you'll run good. You sound very down - don't be. It's not a one-night stand.
  • edited January 2010
    Hi all sorry, going to be a little late tonight on a FT £200 GT  1st prize £115
    ... GL Me...

GB
  • edited January 2010
    very nice figure yipee :)  wp sir!
  • edited January 2010
    Well another tough night ! My plan to win a good tournament tonight never happened, a few mistakes and a few bad beats are to be expected I suppose! How can my big AK allin be called by JJ on a K55 flop ??
    I managed to hold my own on the cash tables and played 6 sit and goes in the first couple of hours, had some great battles there and cashed in all of them.
    Thought it was a good idea to play in 2 or 3 small tournys , Dan and GliterB had same idea. Out of one just before cash leaving Gliter well placed to collect, then in last one i was sitting well on final table where  Dan was just about to tell me how well he is doing, when my KJ hit a K97 flop. Allin and Dan showed his 97 ! Sometimes thats how it goes... gl dan.
    Anyway the bankroll is still nothing to write home about,but quite a bit bigger than yesterday. Tomorrow is another day and I am still confident
    Tony
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Chin up man, tomorrow you'll run good. You sound very down - don't be. It's not a one-night stand.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cheers tikay.
    Not down as such.... i just know my game was better than my results tonight.  Never mind..... all the more reason to smash the tables up 2moro.......  gogogogogo :)
  • edited January 2010
    Hi all sorry, going to be a little late tonight on a FT £200 GT  1st prize £115 ... GL Me... GB
    Posted by TP_GliterB

Good luck   and also Dan's results will be a little late hes down to last 3 in another mtt--- please go and say "hi" to them both

Find a player tab above-   put in to , scroll down a little and you ll find them all there.

• edited January 2010
    Hi all sorry, going to be a little late tonight on a FT £200 GT  1st prize £115 ... GL Me... GB
    Posted by TP_GliterB
    You can be a lot late if you win it.
  • edited January 2010
    Hi all,

Well my night has just come to an end. Another disappointing/average one if I'm honest.

Started off with a dym and cashed. Throughout the night I had one or two cash tables on the go, things were going ok had a small profit without getting into any big pots. Made a few nice plays here and there but things went a little wrong with about 5 minutes to go. My small profit turned into a small loss when I had to lay down AQ on an ace high board after he shoved 35 quid on the river. Also misclick folded aces with about 5 mins to go which wasn't ideal.

In terms of the main event I couldn't get going and finally shoved my short stack with KdQd and got called by the monster of 98...Ed told us not to report any bad beat stories so I'm sorry Ed!! Had a couple of other tourneys too, busted the veloicty with KQ called by 10 9, flop A K x, turn 10, river 10. Sorry ed!!

Just finished a 15 quid stt which I didn't cash too. Feels like I'm not getting anything going. I have not had a good start to anything and by the time I get a hand I'm struggling. Hope tomorrow is a better night - and with my bankroll largely intact I'm going to give it everything.

Sounds like Yippee is doing well in terms of profit so well done to him.
  • edited January 2010

Some excellent figures on there way very soon--- worth waiting for.

• edited January 2010
    Hi all, Well my night has just come to an end. Another disappointing/average one if I'm honest. Started off with a dym and cashed. Throughout the night I had one or two cash tables on the go, things were going ok had a small profit without getting into any big pots. Made a few nice plays here and there but things went a little wrong with about 5 minutes to go. My small profit turned into a small loss when I had to lay down AQ on an ace high board after he shoved 35 quid on the river. Also misclick folded aces with about 5 mins to go which wasn't ideal. In terms of the main event I couldn't get going and finally shoved my short stack with KdQd and got called by the monster of 98...Ed told us not to report any bad beat stories so I'm sorry Ed!! Had a couple of other tourneys too, busted the veloicty with KQ called by 10 9, flop A K x, turn 10, river 10. Sorry ed!! Just finished a 15 quid stt which I didn't cash too. Feels like I'm not getting anything going. I have not had a good start to anything and by the time I get a hand I'm struggling. Hope tomorrow is a better night - going to give it everything and with my bankroll largely intact I'm going to give it everything. Sounds like Yippee is doing well in terms of profit so well done to him.
    Posted by TP_Pryce6
    Tough night in the end Nick,  but as you say with a full bankroll tommorow you can set Skypoker on fire.   Catchya tommorow.
  • edited January 2010
    Some excellent figures on there way very soon--- worth waiting for.
    Posted by EdGiddins
    Hers one whilst you wait,

• edited January 2010

Pryce, ur not competing directly against YipYap, nor either of your other team-mates. You are being judged on your own poker skills, n them only!

Having spoken to you and played against u alot, ur a smashin bloke, N a very good poker player. Play your game! Dont be intimidated by anyone! U have 4 hours to show him how good you are, go out n make it happen. 

As a fellow "low stakes" candidate, Im routing for ya m8! Go rip the tables up tomoro night!!!

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    excellent stuff guys/gals great reading all the updates gl all !
  • edited January 2010
    And one for Orford.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : erm......... i really don't want to argue with u jimi..... but you've got completely the wrong end of the stick. You called me with 1 hand that easily beat my range and yr in my 'calling' category?  I reckon i was called approx 250 times tonight by different people in different hands..... how am i singling anyone out by saying in general some people made some bad calls?  AM really sorry if u feel offended but the post wasn't aimed at you in any way
    Posted by TP_Cottlad
    In sit and goes only 1 call counts the 1 that takes all your chips thats why you dont cash.
    You was slow rolling me all the time and multitabling aint an exscuse.
    Dont start your thread with i dont wanna argue with ya as i dont care what you gotta say,dont slow roll me.
  • edited January 2010
    Hi All

Sorry for the late posting Final table in the £200 ran later than I thought but a 3rd place = a little profit...( £35 )

OK well I've been running riot tonight after last nights bad results... I was determined to turn things around, play well and  tear up the cloth... I must admit it started off dreadfully again, playing 2 DYM's with no result, making my record so far 0/7... How can this be !!!! I decided to stick with it and start multi tabling ( my normal game ). I opened up 3 cash game tables 1 being Heads up,  2 DYMS £22 and also had the £4k G'teed open running. I wanted to spread my variance across the site. I went on to cash in the next 9 DYM's ( played 12 tonight cashed in 9 ) , then managed to treble up my £50 buyin on 25p/50p cash table....Heads up was a little up and down but managed to come through the other side £70 to the good...

Overall I played solid tonight, with no horror outdraws....Total Profit for day 2 £289...

The foot is still pressed fully to the metal bring on day 3...

PS.. Cott I had a horror yesterday but nothing you can do about them, keep your head up your playing great....

Good luck to TeamEd tomorrow...

GB
  • edited January 2010
    Pryce, ur not competing directly against YipYap, nor either of your other team-mates. You are being judged on your own poker skills, n them only! Having spoken to you and played against u alot, ur a smashin bloke, N a very good poker player. Play your game! Dont be intimidated by anyone! U have 4 hours to show him how good you are, go out n make it happen.  As a fellow "low stakes" candidate, Im routing for ya m8! Go rip the tables up tomoro night!!! DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah I know mate I was just congratulating a fellow team member!

Cheers for the kind words lad - I don't feel intimidated by anyone though don't worry. Just disappointed things are not really going for me in quite an important 3 days! I don't want to complain about my hands though just want to concentrate on tomorrow. Thanks though mate.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : In sit and goes only 1 call counts the 1 that takes all your chips thats why you dont cash. You was slow rolling me all the time and multitabling aint an exscuse. Dont start your thread with i dont wanna argue with ya as i dont care what you gotta say,dont slow roll me.
    Posted by jimifloyd
    Oh now yr accusing me of slowrolling?  I never... EVER slowroll anyone.
    What is your hidden agenda here please?
  • edited January 2010
    Awesome results there Wayne.  There'll be meat on the table this Sunday!  :)
    wp sir!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Oh now yr accusing me of slowrolling?  I never... EVER slowroll anyone. What is your hidden agenda here please?
    Posted by TP_Cottlad
    Then your lying i wrote it in the chat box you just kept ignoring me.
    But yet you was telling the kid who called you jj allin with a rag it was a terrible call so dont give me that.

Hidden agenda? i was picked for the total player show but turned it down so dont even go there with that bull.
    Like i have an agenda to discredit you,you gonna say so i can replace you keep it.
    Dont start stickin your nose up at me i dont know you and dont wanna.

I dont care about total player i hope the winner is a worthy one and good luck to em,but dont start with agendas.