You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Yes thats the way  to  get  your  forum vote at the end !!    Show the guy some respect  for  telling it as he see's  it !!   If  he stays withit  and I hope he does he  will get  my vote for sure ..
    Posted by bennydip2
    Me and Will are good friends Benny, I spoke to him at Bolton Gukpt about it and he was fine. Its called banter? lol.

Didn't you hear me agree with what he said? put the wooden spoon away will ya jeez.
  • edited January 2010
    Good luck to the players tonight.  Cheers for the replies Tikay, it’s been too long…how are you getting on these days? As Naomi pointed out it’s amazing how much work you put in here, much appreciated :) After a fair bit of thought I have decided to drop out.  It is just not for me.  In my opinion poker is about action with real risk.  Once poker is conceptualised and the focus is put on impressing others rather than directly competing it’s just not the same game.  But that’s just my opinion, everyone has their own reasons for playing. I don’t want to waste a space in the 18 so hopefully whoever comes in will appreciate the opportunity more than me.  Despite my rant I still think a worthy winner will be found and I will be getting behind them with everyone else :) Apologies to anybody who’s time I have wasted. Will
    Posted by pokerbcity
    Hi Will,
    I'll stake my entire BR (currently £18.19) that the later phases of TP will be "mano a mano" between the TP survivors. They will cut the field in half and then let you go at each other like mad dogs.
    Don't turn this down. I want to see you, James, Naomi and the others tearing each other to pieces!!!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Me and Will are good friends Benny, I spoke to him at Bolton Gukpt about it and he was fine. Its called banter? lol. Didn't you hear me agree with what he said? put the wooden spoon away will ya jeez.
    Posted by lJAMESl
    Yes  I saw  that  .. so  putting on a forum  that hes a baby  and stop throwing his toys out the pram  makes you good  friends  // jeez  Im glad I dont have friends like you ...   
  • edited January 2010
    Looool is this a wind up?

Me and Will are at the bar in Bolton discussing the TP thing and saying looking forward to it talking about Sky coming round his house and interviewing him. Next day he's pulling out, I agree with what he said but why would you quit the chance of winning a free wsop package? 

Seems ridiculous that because they are not changing the terms to suit him hes not playing? How is this mature. 

You guys obv don't understand how young guys talk to eachother this prob comes across the wrong way because you are older and not involved in the way lads give eachother stick and that at my age. Just cos I say hes being a baby means stop biting your nose off to spite your face. Is this more a term you are familiar with?
  • edited January 2010
    Hi 
    Having read Mr Brewin's post, i'm very dissappointed that he has dropped out of the process, as i have said in the past on this forum, that i believe he deserved to be Sky's first sponsored player.

BUT, he knew, from the start, that it was not a straight winner takes all comp against the other TP entrants, so i find his timing a little strange.

I really dont think he would have won enough support with the community, against some of the other candidates.
    Everyone who is calling for him to change his mind, heres a thought for you. HOW MUCH SUPPORT WILL HE GET AFTER POSTING THIS AND THEN DO A U-TURN, not much. So leave well alone and wish the replacement player the best of luck.

col 
  • edited January 2010
    Looool is this a wind up? Me and Will are at the bar in Bolton discussing the TP thing and saying looking forward to it talking about Sky coming round his house and interviewing him. Next day he's pulling out, I agree with what he said but why would you quit the chance of winning a free wsop package?  Seems ridiculous that because they are not changing the terms to suit him hes not playing? How is this mature.  You guys obv don't understand how young guys talk to eachother this prob comes across the wrong way because you are older and not involved in the way lads give eachother stick and that at my age. Just cos I say hes being a baby means stop biting your nose off to spite your face. Is this more a term you are familiar with?
    Posted by lJAMESl
    If anyone wants lessons of how young guys talk to each other then PM TK.
  • edited January 2010
    Will i have played you in the final of the the Vegas game last year and tbh i am still not sure i made the right lay down to you (lol i don't forget easy) but i would die for this chance please mate stick with it if you can because i would not be alone in wanting this but you got in on merit whilst i appreciate maybe you don't need this surely it wont stop you making money ?or will it ? maybe that is something to consider. Whatever you decide do what's best for you best of luck yours Mark AKA Mabsue
  • edited January 2010
    Get a new mentor (unbiased) who has a great poker knowledge and sucess. Bring him in to analyse the players, results and to make the final decision imo instead of the public. That way Will can come back and it can be an unbiased result. 
  • edited January 2010
    Looool is this a wind up? Me and Will are at the bar in Bolton discussing the TP thing and saying looking forward to it talking about Sky coming round his house and interviewing him. Next day he's pulling out, I agree with what he said but why would you quit the chance of winning a free wsop package?  Seems ridiculous that because they are not changing the terms to suit him hes not playing? How is this mature.  You guys obv don't understand how young guys talk to eachother this prob comes across the wrong way because you are older and not involved in the way lads give eachother stick and that at my age. Just cos I say hes being a baby means stop biting your nose off to spite your face. Is this more a term you are familiar with?
    Posted by lJAMESl
    James, I'm an old guy (51) and I agree with you entirely. Its exactly the sort of thing I would have said (stop being a baby) as a bit of banter and I think the other guys are being really unfair having a go at you about it.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : James, I'm an old guy (51) and I agree with you entirely. Its exactly the sort of thing I would have said (stop being a baby) as a bit of banter and I think the other guys are being really unfair having a go at you about it.
    Posted by Seagull158

Thanks mate thought I was on my own here. Someone who is one of the lads phew! I dunno what it is but I've always felt Benny has had a chip on his shoulder about the whole TP thing, I for one don't know him and enjoy his blogs but I've seen his arguements with Tikay and it was like he was trying to character assasinate me there for no reason.

As if I say that in a mean way to one of my mates I mean come on. Will wouldn't be insulted by that he talks the same way to me, I would expect him to say exactly the same to me if I quit.
  • edited January 2010
    Get a new mentor (unbiased) who has a great poker knowledge and sucess. Bring him in to analyse the players, results and to make the final decision imo instead of the public. That way Will can come back and it can be an unbiased result. 
    Posted by lJAMESl
    Oh so now you dont want the public  vote ?  You now want to  change the format that  has been  in place ..

I have always questioned exactly  how  this would be done  and TK kindly  took the trouble to  explain it here ..

but now  you want different .. Marvelous ..   !!

I question your  motives for wanting the rules changed  now, saying  "that way Will"  can  come back"   !!

"Nothing gets past  you does it"

• edited January 2010
    Also  why would I have a chip on my shoulder about the TP  I dont play enough on this site to  get  in the top  50 of any section so  I wouldn't expect to be involved   .. and  dont bring  TK  into  it  .. we have  no problems  we just  debate things ..
  • edited January 2010
    I don't care how they judge it. Mr Mbro is sayin Will wont get any support now, so change it then thats what I'm saying make it fair so he can return. Public vote or a top player choosing makes no odds to me. 

I really don't know what your problem is? my opinion has changed of you massively. Its coming across as your bitter because you've not been chosen or something. 
  • edited January 2010

Gentlemen, young & old, & in-between.

It's a very important night for the guys in TP, with 6 of them making their debuts, & the whole Community, all of you, rooting for them to give it their best shot.

Can we please keep the mood right for them all? I expect news of how they got on shortly, some will be elated, & some will be a bit down. I'd like them to see this thread as "home" either way, somewhere where they can touch base & tell us how their TP evenings went, without them feeling they are intruding on a bit of a squabble.

Tonight is the start of a long & wonderful journey, and it's a shame (for them) to see the Thread going off-track a bit. 

An example needs to be set, & so I'm afraid the Ban-Stick is coming out, & the person deemed guilty is about to be Banned.

I therefore Vote that......

• edited January 2010

....we BAN ORFORD.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Oh so now you dont want the public  vote ?  You now want to  change the format that  has been  in place .. I have always questioned exactly  how  this would be done  and TK kindly  took the trouble to  explain it here ..   but now  you want different .. Marvelous ..   !!   I question your  motives for wanting the rules changed  now, saying  "that way Will"  can  come back"   !! "Nothing gets past  you does it"   
    Posted by bennydip2
    I think you're twisting it Benny. James is simply expressing his preference just as Will is. Cut him some slack.Will and James are both saying they don't want a public vote because it shouldn't be a popularity contest it should be a contest to determine the best poker player. Nothing wrong with them having that view.
  • edited January 2010
    troll alert........ beep beep beenp beendp bennydip
    James stop being a big baby!!!  haha.....  this thread gets better and better.
    How dare you try and share banter on a public forum?

:P
  • edited January 2010
    I don't care how they judge it. Mr Mbro is sayin Will wont get any support now, so change it then thats what I'm saying make it fair so he can return. Public vote or a top player choosing makes no odds to me.  I really don't know what your problem is? my opinion has changed of you massively. Its coming across as your bitter because you've not been chosen or something. 
    Posted by lJAMESl
    I really dont care what  opinion you have of me  ..  Like  that would make me lose  sleep at  night  ... I have  no opinion of you either  way ,  and couldn't care less ..

As I said I dont play here enough here for this tournament   and most of the candidates  bar  one have shown they deserve their place  .. "Have a nice day" !

• edited January 2010
    Ooops. Sorry Tikay. I made my post while you were making yours. Anyway, I was just tyring to stop the guys bickering and to calm them down.
    CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN!
  • edited January 2010
    Well on the plus side my mate just won EPT Deauville €870k Yey! Well done Jake! 

GL to all total players tonight!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : its the rake from the small/mid/ and big stake tables that generate the funds for skypoker, if either level player makes it through to final three, i think it very fair for the punters to be involved and vote, and are poker intelligent enough to vote, it seems to me you are trying to use wills fall out, to push out the mid/lower stake players who have fought hard to be selected.
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    What are you talking about?
  • edited January 2010
    Phil12UK just went out in 11th place in the BH, crushing all the other TPs in his wake (except the ones not playing!!!).
    Should be fun tomorrow!
  • edited January 2010
    i say no more i honour your request tk
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    +1  ..            Hail Caesar,     "I came here to dig  Caesar  , not to bury him" !!

"Will"     all the best in whatever  you chose to  do .. TOP MAN  !
  • edited January 2010
    The first 6 TOTAL PLAYERS  are just finishing up and I will post here a quick summary of how they got on in the next hour.
  • edited January 2010
    yeah wp phill, hopefully all tp's had a good 1st night, GL 2mo and wed! :)
  • edited January 2010
    Look forward to it ED
  • edited January 2010
    The first 6 TOTAL PLAYERS  are just finishing up and I will post here a quick summary of how they got on in the next hour.
    Posted by EdGiddins
    They got crushed by Tuckman's boys! But this is a marathon not a sprint.Good luck to Ed's team tomorrow.
  • edited January 2010

Thanks Ed, can't wait. We need this little summary every night, so we can gee up the stragglers, & show every one our support.

I was unable to Rail much tonight, as I had some business to attend to, but I'll be Railing all the guys from all three Teams whenever I can, & I won't be alone.
  • edited January 2010
    Nice one Ed Ive been following all the guys all night, seeing what sorts of games theyve been playing, stakes, etc.

Dan has been all over the place!!! Believe he is still in a couple of tournys now, or was when I last checked. This guy obviously wants it bad!

8 more hours still to impress, hope the guys don't get too up/down about their results tonight! Keep going chaps!

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    Phil12UK just went out in 11th place in the BH, crushing all the other TPs in his wake (except the ones not playing!!!). Should be fun tomorrow!
    Posted by Seagull158
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

A good start by the School Teacher.

Nice one Phil.

Really, anyone can win this, you know.