You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited January 2010
    TK  instead of pampering to  this thread,  why don't you ask Management  or  Skyrich what Skypoker are going to do about the back-log of Player Points  in  so many accounts.. 

Skypoker could at least  have the decency to answer  and  say,
    "There doing  Nothing,"   if thats what they   intend to do !! 
  • edited January 2010

Couple of weeks ago I tried firefox, someone reccomended it to me, n it was alot sharper, but it crashed a couple of times completely mid hand...which I cudnt handle, IE was slow, but at least it got there in the end.

I will try it again...

Mr Orford suggested google chrome, thats on my desktop atm, didnt really try that properly, Ill give it a go this week.

Scotty also suggested one, that I havent tried yet, I forgot what he said, safari something I think? Plenty of time to try that though.

Im constantly clearing temp internet files and cookies .....

The lappy isnt too old, maybe a couple of years, is that old? - Maybe its just time to buy a new en.

Thanx for ya help, i'll figure something out.

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    TK  instead of pampering to  this thread,  why don't you ask Management  or  Skyrich what Skypoker are going to do about the back-log of Player Points  in  so many accounts..  Skypoker could at least  have the decency to answer  and  say, "There doing  Nothing,"   if thats what they   intend to do !! 
    Posted by bennydip2
    "Pampering to this Thread?".

I promised to answer the Players Questions, & that's what I'm doing. And it is the Total Player Thread, so I'm trying to keep it on topic.

• edited January 2010
    Well done to the selections last night, another 3 strong players in the mix good luck all! I have a few questions regarding bootcamp. The Bankroll challenge sounds very exciting....so does this mean during these 3 evenings our mentors will be watching and discussing strategy with all 6 of his picks, and then have to make a judgement based on our play in that time alone? and does total profit in this time count as a factor to whether he drops a player? Also there was talk that in one of the shows, (I think it was Matts last show) that if another player "crushes" one of the TP picks during the bankroll challenge, or if any of the picks are dropped, others will have a chance to take their place. Is this correct or do I have that wrong:) and if this is the case would this BR challenge stage then continue for another week with new TP picks from that team. Am I making any sense here lol, I dont think even I know! Anyway I for one cant wait for Team Matts challenge to begin next week, and good luck to Team Ed this week.
    Posted by Sharksbite
    Hi Naomi.

Yes, it all makes sense. Well when I say "all", I mean the bits that I understood......

Most of what you asked has now been answered. For the rest, may I suggest you speak with your Mentor, Matt Broughton?

Any more questions, feel free to ask.

Hope you & RonMcDon are both well, & in good heart.
  • edited January 2010
    Tikay can you elaborate on the "wild card feature" of phase 1. And if a mentor drops a player, is that person then replaced by somebody else? Browndog
    Posted by BrownnDog
    I don't know the exact answer to that Brown, sorry, but I'll find out, & get back to you.
  • edited January 2010
    Tikay you deserve a medal for all your work on here! and just too add to that load lol :)....could you answer this for me please.
    Do you know how it will work with others being able to take the total players place? if that is going to happen at all?
    Best of luck tonight guys...cant wait to rail you all! Willing next monday to come lol!
  • edited January 2010
    Tikay you deserve a medal for all your work on here! and just too add to that load lol :)....could you answer this for me please. Do you know how it will work with others being able to take the total players place? if that is going to happen at all? Best of luck tonight guys...cant wait to rail you all! Willing next monday to come lol!
    Posted by Sharksbite
    LoL Tikay you must have answered whilst I was writing mine...ty and yes both well ta x
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : LoL Tikay you must have answered whilst I was writing mine...ty and yes both well ta x
    Posted by Sharksbite
    I can read your mind Naomi. I'm telescopic.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : I can read your mind Naomi. I'm telescopic.
    Posted by Tikay10

No Sir, you are macroscopic.
  • edited January 2010
    Good luck to all six of you Total players tonight!!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Hi Phil, Specified hours ONLY. As a matter of interest, how many hours per week do School Teachers work these days. 5, 10? And do you still have to work 20 weeks every year? ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Pfft!!

I have just started my 4th week of a grueling 6 week half term................. ;)

On a serious note, my school is due the visit of OFSTED to inspect imminently as we are next on their hitlist. It better not happen in 2 weeks time or I'm simply not going to be sleeping!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    Couple of weeks ago I tried firefox, someone reccomended it to me, n it was alot sharper, but it crashed a couple of times completely mid hand...which I cudnt handle, IE was slow, but at least it got there in the end. I will try it again... Mr Orford suggested google chrome, thats on my desktop atm, didnt really try that properly, Ill give it a go this week. Scotty also suggested one, that I havent tried yet, I forgot what he said, safari something I think? Plenty of time to try that though. Im constantly clearing temp internet files and cookies ..... The lappy isnt too old, maybe a couple of years, is that old? - Maybe its just time to buy a new en. Thanx for ya help, i'll figure something out. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I use Firefox and I've never had a problem.There's a new upgrade just a couple of days ago. Safari is the one that Scotty mentioned. I never cleartemp files or cookies and my laptop is 3 years old. I have 2 tabled but never more. I still reckon that slow response, disconnecctions etc. is probably down to the ISP and the LAN or router rather than the laptop but I stand to be corrected.
  • edited January 2010
    fab selections but where is anjie1970 and mickjenn1best mtt players on sky and that is a FACT.del
    Posted by DELTA

thanks delta that means alot. also thanks to ed for sayin i just missed out. rich i play most nights and the odd tourny through the day like the 3pm. but not all day from 8am. lol i do have a life. like shopping and lunch out lol. anyway good luck to the 18. anjie xx
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD :rich i play most nights and the odd tourny through the day like the 3pm. but not all day from 8am. lol i do have a life. like shopping and lunch out lol. anyway good luck to the 18. anjie xx
    Posted by anjie1970
    Lol! Sorry Anj, didn't mean to make out you had no life! I was just making the point that you are a very well-known player who's had lots of results and plays loads of games on Sky Poker.

Shame you didn't make the final 18 though- but then you can never rule out a last minute call-up!

:)

xxx
  • edited January 2010
    Well its the first night of bootcamp and all my team are impressing and beavering away on various dym, stts and cash tables,  they will all now play the 8pm mtt,  you can search for them by going to the find a player tab,  enter tpand a list of all 18 TP'ers will come up , my tean are dantb,  cottlad,  penguin,  glitter,  yippee and pryce,    please go wish them all goodluck if you have a moment.
  • edited January 2010
    Good luck to the players tonight.  Cheers for the replies Tikay, it’s been too long…how are you getting on these days? As Naomi pointed out it’s amazing how much work you put in here, much appreciated :)

After a fair bit of thought I have decided to drop out.  It is just not for me.  In my opinion poker is about action with real risk.  Once poker is conceptualised and the focus is put on impressing others rather than directly competing it’s just not the same game.  But that’s just my opinion, everyone has their own reasons for playing.

I don’t want to waste a space in the 18 so hopefully whoever comes in will appreciate the opportunity more than me.  Despite my rant I still think a worthy winner will be found and I will be getting behind them with everyone else :)

Apologies to anybody who’s time I have wasted.

Will

• edited January 2010
    Team Matt and Team David,

You are my first priority tomorrow.

I will be contacting you by phone and email - I will also provide direct numbers so that you can contact me should you have any queries at any time.

I should also point out that the bankroll figure was reached after considerable discussion between the Total Player Team. 
    Of course liability was a factor, however the way players utilise the roll and the strategies they employ to protect a "pressurised" roll can tell you a great deal about a player.

EDIT: Thanks for letting us know Will, I'll be contacting your mentor for his decision on your replacement.

Kind regards

Aisling
  • edited January 2010
    Good luck to the players tonight.  Cheers for the replies Tikay, it’s been too long…how are you getting on these days? As Naomi pointed out it’s amazing how much work you put in here, much appreciated :) After a fair bit of thought I have decided to drop out.  It is just not for me.  In my opinion poker is about action with real risk.  Once poker is conceptualised and the focus is put on impressing others rather than directly competing it’s just not the same game.  But that’s just my opinion, everyone has their own reasons for playing. I don’t want to waste a space in the 18 so hopefully whoever comes in will appreciate the opportunity more than me.  Despite my rant I still think a worthy winner will be found and I will be getting behind them with everyone else :) Apologies to anybody who’s time I have wasted. Will
    Posted by pokerbcity
    Will, are u sure m8. This is a fantastic opportunity. Think very carefully - please.
  • edited January 2010
    Team Matt and Team David, You are my first priority tomorrow. I will be contacting you by phone and email - I will also provide direct numbers so that you can contact me should you have any queries at any time. I should also point out that the bankroll figure was reached after considerable discussion between the Total Player Team.  Of course liability was a factor, however the way players utilise the roll and the strategies they employ to protect a "pressurised" roll can tell you a great deal about a player. Kind regards Aisling
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    Aisling  - Im free to chat on phone between 12:30 and 1:15 and anytime after 3:40
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Aisling  - Im free to chat on phone between 12:30 and 1:15 and anytime after 3:40
    Posted by phil12uk

Cheers! I understand the interview went well ;-)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Cheers! I understand the interview went well ;-)
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    Richard had to use a second tape due to all the takes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    I for one agree with you Will that we should all be playing and battling eachother to find the best player. And its done over too short a time period to determine who is best.. 3 nights? You can run so bad or good over 3 days. And people that play these stakes and know the fish at these stakes have a huge advantage as they can just table select and avoid the good players. Imo your right about that aspect.

Having said that I think you might be throwing your toys out of the pram here mate, no disrespect.
  • edited January 2010
    Couple of weeks ago I tried firefox, someone reccomended it to me, n it was alot sharper, but it crashed a couple of times completely mid hand...which I cudnt handle, IE was slow, but at least it got there in the end. I will try it again... Mr Orford suggested google chrome, thats on my desktop atm, didnt really try that properly, Ill give it a go this week. Scotty also suggested one, that I havent tried yet, I forgot what he said, safari something I think? Plenty of time to try that though. Im constantly clearing temp internet files and cookies ..... The lappy isnt too old, maybe a couple of years, is that old? - Maybe its just time to buy a new en. Thanx for ya help, i'll figure something out. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    My first resort would be to try someone else's lappy on your connection. If this acts the same, it's probably your internet connection that's at fault. Make sure you have filters on every line (not just the one your router is connected to). As a final resort, try physically connecting your lappy to the router using the yellow ethernet cable.

Also change your browser, Internet Explorer was written by Beelzebub to stop normal people experiencing the true beauty of the online world. Any browser will do, personally I use Firefox, but Chrome or Safari are both pretty solid.
  • edited January 2010
    Good luck to the players tonight.  Cheers for the replies Tikay, it’s been too long…how are you getting on these days? As Naomi pointed out it’s amazing how much work you put in here, much appreciated :) After a fair bit of thought I have decided to drop out.  It is just not for me.  In my opinion poker is about action with real risk.  Once poker is conceptualised and the focus is put on impressing others rather than directly competing it’s just not the same game.  But that’s just my opinion, everyone has their own reasons for playing. I don’t want to waste a space in the 18 so hopefully whoever comes in will appreciate the opportunity more than me.  Despite my rant I still think a worthy winner will be found and I will be getting behind them with everyone else :) Apologies to anybody who’s time I have wasted. Will
    Posted by pokerbcity
          "Will"        although I don't know you personally, I followed your exploits over the last  two Vegas trips and was so Impressed with your maturity and the way  you played in those  WSOP events ..
    The more I watched  your game  the more you reminded me of my good friend "Richard Ashby",   quiet,   unassuming  but like a viper ready to strike when the moment was right !

I  agree in  part   your reasoning for not wanting to go ahead with this in the format it's in,  however Ive made my views before, and there's no point in going over old ground...    

That all said, I  really hope you change your mind and stay with it,    I respect  your  view and admire you for your honesty ....

Whatever happens  I hope  your back in  Vegas this  year playing this game the way it should be played  ..   In a knockout  Tournament     that is  the WSOP !!

glk  benny
  • edited January 2010
       lol i do have a life. like shopping and lunch out lol.  . anjie xx
    Posted by anjie1970
    Oh MY GOD !!    So "ANJIE"  is like  all  women then  ?? 

And I thought  she was special  ?    :))   "who can ya turn to"   ?

• edited January 2010

What's the phone call all about tomorrow then? Is it account details, passwords, mentor email addy etc etc?

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    Hi Will

I echo the thoughts of the others in this thread and think you should carry on with total player. Personally im just delighted to be this far in the comp and now have the chance to play with the biggest names on the site.

You may not like the format at the moment, but this is a great chance to get a FREE seat into the WSOP. You are very popular amongst the Sky players and are one of the favourites to win this.

If you decide to take your own path in trying to qualify for the WSOP then thats your decision, but i think you are turning down a great opportunity here.
  • edited January 2010
    One very important question, if the TP players are going to be playing on there TP accounts for the next three tuesdays, how are the ones who represent a TKO team going to play there part in this very important battle?, as the tko is played on there personal accounts, i mean whats more important, a minor TP challenge or the championship of the world tikay v lisa-marie team tournament? - come on your captain needs you!!
  • edited January 2010
    Hi Will I echo the thoughts of the others in this thread and think you should carry on with total player. Personally im just delighted to be this far in the comp and now have the chance to play with the biggest names on the site. You may not like the format at the moment, but this is a great chance to get a FREE seat into the WSOP. You are very popular amongst the Sky players and are one of the favourites to win this. If you decide to take your own path in trying to qualify for the WSOP then thats your decision, but i think you are turning down a great opportunity here.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    What he means is stop being a big baby!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : What he means is stop being a big baby!
    Posted by lJAMESl
    Yes thats the way  to  get  your  forum vote at the end !!    Show the guy some respect  for  telling it as he see's  it !!   If  he stays withit  and I hope he does he  will get  my vote for sure ..