You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited February 2010
    well done to the 6 that got through. very very unlucky phil james and yap.x
  • edited February 2010
    I think ljamesl was very unlucky and would probably have got through had he been on one of the other teams.

very close between dohhhhhhh and phil12UK.

• edited February 2010
    Oh what a night! Many congrats to all those who've got through!
    And a BIG up for those who fell tonight, especially Phil! Hard luck mate! You had really tough opposition!

• edited February 2010
    bet they do :P,,, dohhhh is shocking,, they know whos going 2 win it,, eithier dohhhhh or sharky because there gd for tv thats it,,, only 2 players should really win it,, if they want the best POKER PLAYER, then it should be sparce or james,, sharky or dohhhhh would crack easy and will be to scared to put in chips in the main event,, would get passed day 1!!!!,, sorry they may actually,, when can all get passed day 1 if we only play AA,KK,AK, they will muck99% of hands,, just a farce,, 
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    Tikay and Dohh have a room together for SPT Luton...
    Posted by pryce6
    +1 
  • edited February 2010
    I think ljamesl was very unlucky and would probably have got through had he been on one of the other teams. very close between dohhhhhhh and phil12UK.
    Posted by teachai
    Hey Lucky Jim!

I think you're right. Sadly mine was a VERY tough group, and once James' head fell it was hard to see him going through... Horrid decision to have to make... :(

M
  • edited February 2010
    is it not the truth then digger??? if you said dohhhh should even be picked for tp never mind get through 2 phases.. you would say no chance?? wouldnt you agree?? only 5 players should of win it because they have much higher thinking than the rest,,,, can you explain to me why they are through then??

• edited February 2010
    loooooooooooooooooool

What did Tuckman say "he hits the muck"

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

love it the total player

• edited February 2010
    matt, but surely you want the best player to represent you in 10k event,, sparce and james are the only ones that have the ammunition to ix it with those level of players.... surely you know this,,
  • edited February 2010
    bet they do :P,,, dohhhh is shocking,, they know whos going 2 win it,, eithier dohhhhh or sharky because there gd for tv thats it,,, only 2 players should really win it,, if they want the best POKER PLAYER, then it should be sparce or james,, sharky or dohhhhh would crack easy and will be to scared to put in chips in the main event,, would get passed day 1!!!!,, sorry they may actually,, when can all get passed day 1 if we only play AA,KK,AK, they will muck99% of hands,, just a farce,, 
    Posted by IMAROCK
    Stick to the guns mate a lot a us agree.

loooooooooool
  • edited February 2010
    Comiserations to james, jac and phil. All deserved to go through and are all top top players!

I feel priviledged to have been put through and will not be taking it for granted!

The very best of luck to wayne,ben, john, naomi and david for the next stage, i cant wait!
  • edited February 2010
    i agree with IMAROCK in a way.
  • edited February 2010
    mabsue,, i know alot of very high people in the poker world,, people who own manage ipoker skins etc,, so i think i know when i say this.. to play the main event,, when they see the lesser players at the main event,,, they will hammer them every orbit,, only sparce and james have the game to get through an elite field,, james came second in gukpt event for 50k,, hes been there and is under no illusion of how gd he is,,,, the best on sky poker,, and i think he could build and go very deep in the main event if we ran ok ,, on the other hand,, you will see who wins it then we can have a discussion,,
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : So you think DOHHH is a rock! Clearly, you have watched him play such a lot!!!!
    Posted by Seagull158
    he isnt as agressive as most people think, when ive played him on master cash or tv tables he becomes this agressive player, but when ive played him in a normal game he tightens up alot
  • edited February 2010
    Every one in the competition deserves there places, and has put in a huge amount of time and effort to do their best!

Do not listen to small minded trolls who are trying to undermine the competition, all 18 picks deserved to be their in my opinion.
  • edited February 2010
    hurst can play and he would agree, all the top players on this site know,,, theres 20 players on this site that can play,,, all the rest are terrible,, thats why everyone loves sky poker :P,,, 

what would you agree with me on hurst,, the type of player that would have a greater chance in the main event?? i think the picking is terrible
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : he isnt as agressive as most people think, when ive played him on master cash or tv tables he becomes this agressive player, but when ive played him in a normal game he tightens up alot
    Posted by hurst05
    I've sat on tables with him too and he doesnt play tight passive poker. Knowing how to play tight as well as loose is no bad thing. I'm sure you would agree.
  • edited February 2010
  • edited February 2010
    surely dohhhh if it wasnt true,, u wouldnt get so angry and bite back,, the first sign of a losing argument is retaliation... ul my friend,,
  • edited February 2010
    i have my own business guys,, dont need 2 play poker for a living,, just giving my opinion on that they are not gd enough to win total player... i never said i should be atotal player candidate did i,,, theres alot fo players that you be put infront of them 2 for starters,,, ok maybe i start a poll and see who would be a better candidate to play the main event,,,,  if i said to PA (antonius, your terrible at poker,, he wouldnt challenge me but it hasnt hit a nerve!!!!)
  • edited February 2010
    yes mabsue,, if there is any justise for james not winning it,, then sparce will be the victor!!! 

and if anyone can say theres a better player left than sparce,, they are delusional 
  • edited February 2010

lol people been banned for swearing before havent they? im offended :)

@IMAROCK - i agree with you in the sense that james has better pedigree but the stats dont lie and if he had done a better job and made good profit like sharks and sparce then he would have been picked, matt could hardly have dropped 2 players that had performed the best. and i also believe that some players that should have been considered werent at the start of the show etc

@seagull - he tightens up in relation to the tv tables 'alot' im not saying he becomes a rock lol

• edited February 2010
    nice one dohhhhh
    back to your best there well done on gettin thru
  • edited February 2010
    Im obviously gonna be annoyed, that my selection is being crushed.

No1 was more surprised than me, but they arent daft. 

To come on and read this thread, and be slaughtered for doing well, is soul crushing. People of course are entitled to disagree with the decision, but to slate me publicly, is wrong, especially as theres other guys who deserve congratulations/commiserations.

U guys setting out to crush me, I fell for it, and its probably cost me. clap clap

DOHH 
  • edited February 2010
    Im obviously gonna be annoyed, that my selection is being crushed. No1 was more surprised than me, but they arent daft.  To come on and read this thread, and be slaughtered for doing well, is soul crushing. People of course are entitled to disagree with the decision, but to slate me publicly, is wrong, especially as theres other guys who deserve congratulations/commiserations. U guys setting out to crush me, I fell for it, and its probably cost me. clap clap DOHH 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hey DOHHHH. The previous comment got deleted, so once again - congratulations. ^__^

MB
  • edited February 2010
    had to remove dohhhhhh's little rant from my quote, chill out, you were talking about how you need to stop blowing up, because you end up doing your money, from that little post you tilt very easily. why not just laugh it off? if you believe the response is a load of rubbish why not just ignore it?
  • edited February 2010
    Because its not funny - Scathing personal attack, when, once again, Its not about me tonight.

• edited February 2010
    TOTAL PLAYERs, Keep your heads, do not respond to trolls - It really isn't worth it. There will be scrutiny of IMAROCK's forum posts and chat box banter this evening and as with everything there will be consequences. Please don't fall foul of the forum rules yourselves. Kind Regards Aisling
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    i cant speak for his chat comments but is it not just an airing of someones opinions? he hasnt actually sworn or anything. adds to the banter. 
  • edited February 2010
    Because its not funny - Scathing personal attack, when, once again, Its not about me tonight.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    which is why an ignore button is there i believe? 
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : i cant speak for his chat comments but is it not just an airing of someones opinions? he hasnt actually sworn or anything. adds to the banter. 
    Posted by hurst05
    Hi Hurst05,

I agree, opinions are welcomed in forums... That's what makes them come alive - however Sky Poker does have specific rules to protect their customers - and trolling is generally frowned upon.

Support of fellow posters is definietly a quality we like to foster: However, I would hasten to say that lending support without having access to the full facts can result in support being "misdirected."