You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    This is going to be tough but I guess the whole process of Total Player was never going to be easy. I will post updates when possible. GB
    Posted by GliterBabe
    Sooo tough!

gud luck mate!
  • edited March 2010
    Heavy heart at not still being involved but I wish all 6 the very best of luck............you are all such great players and have done so well.

Phil :)
  • edited March 2010
    come on sparcey boy!!!!!!!!! :P,, sort em out,,, 
  • edited March 2010
    arghhhhh! locked out of my account!!! help!!!!
  • edited March 2010
    arghhhhh! locked out of my account!!! help!!!!
    Posted by Sparce
    Ring Customer-Care David, explain you are a TP-er.
  • edited March 2010
    Checking in guys.

I was dreading tonight, had a few shandys last night, and felt really tired and deflated. Not great preperation I know.

Tuck was late coming on, connection probz or something....So I didnt know my challenge until half 7, at which point Id entered the forum Dstack, which went wrong when 2 bluffs got shoved on early. I hope u guys had a hand ;)

Anyway Tuck came on and told me what I had to do, the one that caught my eye was the Sit n go HU challenge.

I made a krazy call in the open, and just told him I needed a break, n went away for ten mins.

Most of ya know Ive just started playing HU , so a HU game against my direct competition, (nutter) was perfect for focussing the mind(well, for most of the time).

Nutter plays big HU, and hes the best Sit n go player there is, so this was the perfect chance to enjoy and test myself in a game I plan to play alot more of - after TP.

I played a mixed game, made some stooooooooopid moves, which resulted in losing 2 games, Going all in pre flop with ace ten off, with a 1.5k stack and 10/20 blinds. How daft was that?

The 2nd one, I 3 bet Bens raise on the button...I had 9-2, and the stoooopid flop came 9 high! Hard to justify the fold here, and I gave another game away to his 9-10 ---- so 2 games down within the first level.

The games I won, I had to work so hard for. This is where I need to learn. Constant aggression, ground him down, until he had no option but to shove, which he did successfully a few times. I just needed to find a hand, I was very surprised how deep he was showing, both open shove and 3 bet shove, but managed to find a couple to win.

There was one hand, on a JH 6H 2x flop....I had 52 hearts, V J2, big suckout, I think that was my only bit of luck (all in) throughout the 6 games, but I dn think anyone gets off that.

Ended 4-2 up - I could play those all night - and the instruction is to do so, so I cant wait to get back into it. 

Goodnight, cyaz tomorrow, DOHH

• edited March 2010
    My word just how hard was that!!! Wish they would remove this Star from my head, maybe just maybe I can get people to fold...

Ok, So off into Phase 3 we went and the challenge had been set by Mentor ED( ^^^^^^).  I can tell you that is some challenge please please let me run good..

So here are the results!!!!

19.30  £400 BH  £11 69 runners  4th £42.94
    20.00 Main event  £11  473 runners   236th
    20.30  £1000 BH  £11  160 runners  50th
    21.00  £1000 Gtee  £5.50  235 runners  26th £8.81
    21.30  £1500 BH  £11  197 runners  62nd
    22.00  £1000 Vel  £5.50  221 runners   83rd
    22.30  £800 BH  £11  112 runners   37th £3.75 1 head

Tournament entries £66 cashes £55.50 loss £10.50

Played very solid tonight and got off to a great start Final tabling the 1st tourney. Again if only I could win when massively in front then another couple of cashes even a FT would have been on the cards.  JJ vs 66 for a 20k pot when down to 27, only for the poker gods to magic out of thin air a 6 on the river GG.  I have to say I felt for Dan tonight he took some real bad ones, but hey 2 days to go.

Enjoyed the challenge roll on tomorrow.

Hope everyone else done ok.

GB.

Just sneaked in £400 BH @ 1130 ish £22 couldn't resist 24 runners 2nd for £96 with head prizes.  But I think this doesn't count towards challenge.
  • edited March 2010
    Checking in

Hard one the explain tonight and i won't tell you my extact challenges set because people can go out thier way to be a pain in the bum :).

I started off by regging in everysingle MTT on sky untill David arrived late and set the challenges....i then had to turbo un-reg from all my games and did so to the 8pm flagship by accident and by the time i realised i missed it....oops !

i played 5 or so Mtts tonight and won one deepy for £50 and got a bounty or so in the others and maybe finished slightly down on the night in those. The HU games was pretty weird to tell you the truth and i won't go into much detail again as we have to play a best of 7 tomorrow night and thursday aswell.

Cash was ok tonight and you wont see me posting any good figures for this over the coming days as the challenge is somewhat non money based. MTTs is where the figures sould hopefully come from and i hope to impress all over the coming days with a win or two and some FTs.

Look out for tomorrows info :)
  • edited March 2010
    Heavy heart at not still being involved but I wish all 6 the very best of luck............you are all such great players and have done so well. Phil :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    I echo these sentiments. I had a great time working with Dohhhh and Nutter, but I missed working with you Phil.

As for the TP - it's all gearing up.

These are my TP challenges:

1. I'd like a HU competition between the remaining TPs - if they aren't up for it, then definitely have Nutter play Dohh in a best of 7 (first to 4 wins)

2. I'd prefer they emphasize MTTs since the prizes are skewed that way....

3. lastly....I want them to play very small stakes and buy in for the minimum: Lets see if they can play a short stack in a small buy-in game.

4. Then....I want them to buy in for the minimum in a bigger game (.50 - 1.00) Once again, lets see them play the Short Stack this time in a bigger buy-in game.

in the above Short Stack scenarios, NO REBUYS - I want to see them come back from the short stack as they'll have to if they play in big tournaments.

5. No DYMs - these guys should dominate those and I don't get anything out of them

Dohhhh took the first night's HU competition by beating Nutter 4-2. Nutter seeks revenge tomorrow night.

As for the Short Stack challenge....Nutter got the best of Dohhh on this one. He was able to adapt a little better and twice built his 20 BB stack into 50 BB stacks....

I'm sure they'll both bring their A games for the next two nights!
  • edited March 2010
    Hard one the explain tonight and i won't tell you my extact challenges set because people can go out thier way to be a pain in the bum :).

Secret is out Ben....hehe.
  • edited March 2010

Reporting in For Phase 3, evening 1.

Ok so I think every TP this evening had MTTS on the brain. Obviously due to the prize itself as Ed pointed out, we all had to perform, so the pressure was definitely on.

I had decided to play only 5 Mtts, quality rather than quantity. However due to being out quite early on in 2 of them, ended playing 8.

Results below

7pm Forum Deep stack                 9/42                      

Final tabled this, and exited with AQ vs. AJ all in pre. Villain rivered the J.

730pm £400 Bh.                                17/69

8pm Open                                           128/473

830pm 1k Bh.                                     124/160

Had an accident early on, losing aces to a flopped 2 pair.             

915pm £250 Speed                          31/64

I decided to make a move with A8 here; after the button had min raised my BB. Bad timing as he had Kings.

930pm £1.5k Bh                                166/197

10pm £200 guaranteed                  14/22

1030pm £800 Bh.                              11/112

Overall I felt I Played well in most of them except the 930pm Bh. This one I was probably a little too aggressive early on trying to gain a good chip lead. I also feel like 8 Mtts in a 5 hr slot was too much in my opinion to play them well and to my best ability. Therefore will play only 5 tomorrow night. BH tournaments also suit my game less than a Deep stack, so will maybe only play one of these tomorrow evening. I grinded out 1 cash table over the course of the evening, and made a small profit which paid for the buy in fees for the Mtts.

So to summarise:

8 Mtts.  1 Final Table and 2 cashes.

End BR                  £997.53

Profit                    £65.00

Really enjoyed the challenge this evening and will adjust my format tomorrow to aim to achieve some better results.

TP_Sharksb.

• edited March 2010
    We should therefore in my opinion applaud some fantastic demonstations of heads-up cash play in the earlier rounds but really now concentrate on finding the best MTT'ER to represent Skypoker over the coming months. 
    I am doing the show on thurday night so i will speak to the producer very nicely and ask if there is any possibility of showing some of the remaining tp'ers in the first hour of the £12000 guaranteed bounty hunter.[unless ofc they are still on the h/u cash tables -:) ] 
    Posted by EdGiddins
    It was a rather nice showing if I may say so myself :)  But it is exactly for ur mentioned reasons why i am playing solid mtts and proving I can play them and why i should be chosen!  I have worked hard on them, and hope that my results will prove that I can play different forms of poker :)

So results time...... I am pretty unhappy, got shut out of my account for some reason when sky froze on me.  I lost loads of chips in this time, notably the open where i had around 11 bb when I left, and only 1.5 when back.  Still finished 82nd/473 runners, so not terrible, but thought i could of gone on further.  Although annoyed I just put some queen on and got back into the zone, and loved all the poker i was playing!

I thought generally i played really well tonight.  Was a bit unlucky to not win a tourney, but i think i proved i had the patience of a saint as well as being able to play controlled poker.

So tonight i played 15 tournaments, and final tabled 5 times.  Below are a list of them:

Forum deep stack  10 handed  £5.5  8th/42 

1000 bh £11        3rd/160  . SOOO gutted here. 3 handed when big stack lost my AA vs A3. I then had this hand. Look at what he called with to knock me out....
    I had been playing tight too. Gutting! guess he had odds ish when putting me on a range!

>nemelem posted a big blind 4,000.
    >TP_Sparce raised for 8,000.
    >toonjat66 folded
    >nemelem called for 4,000.
    >Dealing the flop (5d,7s,5h).
    >nemelem checked.
    >TP_Sparce bet 9,250.
    >nemelem raised for 36,625.
    >TP_Sparce has gone all in for 75,595.82.
    >nemelem called for 48,220.82.
    >nemelem showed Jd,8c
    >TP_Sparce showed 4h,8h
    >Dealing the turn (9s).
    >Dealing the river (9d).

250 gtd £5.5      3rd/66 

1000 vel £5.5    5th/221 

400 bh     5th/31

1500 bh      £11   17th/197 

open  £11   £11   84th/473

150 gtd   6 handed  £5.50   9th/35.

bounty hunter     £2.30    44th/100

400 bh     £11  23rd/69.

deepstack       £11    5th/5

500 bh £5.75         56th/158

1000 guaranteed   £5.5       85th/235

500 bh -    £5.75  89th/136

400 bh  £22    11th/24

Final brol 1714.66  -  Not exactly sure what my last broll was. but think i am uper around 170 solely from Mtts tonight.

Looking forward to tomorrow.  Hopefully i will win one!!  Best of luck to everyone.

XXX

• edited March 2010
    Hey every one!!

As gliterbabe says above, i had a real bad night, right up until my final tourny!!

I will not be posting bad beats for sympathy or to moan, but seen as tho i have to post results, these are the reasons for why i finished where i did. I have no complains and the final tourny showed me that by not tilting and keeping your head and showing a mental determination when things arent going well u can still find light at the end of the tunnel.

Right, so

£400 BH - 69 runners i came 38th - never really got going in this to be honest.

8pm main event
    473 runners i came 136th a decent run, but after being left with 8bb i shove the small blind and the big blind finds KK. gg

£1000 BH 160 runners - i came 57th. 55 all in on a 7 high flop, called by aq, q binks the river.

£1000 - 235 runners - i came 183. all in pre with QQ v AA.

£1500 BH - 197 runners (i havent wrote down where i came, was mid field i think) i got it all in on a 10 7 j board 1 club, with 10 10. was called by j8 who held the 8 of clubs and it came club club so gg.

10.00 velocity  221 runners - i came around 70th i think. (again failed to write it down because of the beat, and i cant leave this page now or i lose everything ive wrote!) Im all in with AA on a AQJ flop, and im called by 1010, river is a king to give him the straight.gg

10.30 BH - 112 runners, bust out on level 5, all in pre with kk v ak, ace hits the flop gg.

23.10 Velocity - 115 runners and i came 3rd for around £68!

So after running so horribly all night, in my final tournament i managed to come third, final table, finish in the top 10%of the field and cash all in the same tournament.

So thats 3 things off the challenge list that ED set us!

So in my final two nights, i need 4 cashes and 2 top 10% of the field finishes to complete the challenge. I will obviously be going to take down the win in every tournament i play, but to get the final table challenge out the way on the first night is a big relief!

Congrats to gliterbabe who has performed awesome and was a true gent to me when he knew things were really against me.

To complete the challenge is guna be sooo tough, as we all know the variance involved in multi table tournaments is huge, but total player isnt meant to be easy and im counting down the hours to get back on and go again!

GL and WP to all tpers tonight and in the rest of the competition.

Dan

• edited March 2010
    Hard one the explain tonight and i won't tell you my extact challenges set because people can go out thier way to be a pain in the bum :). Secret is out Ben....hehe.Posted by TP_GliterB
    ha indeed!

Well done uys also
  • edited March 2010
    So 21 tournaments in all, and I have to set gliterbabe and dantb10 a challenge---- At least  1 final table At least  3 top 10% of field At least   5 cashes.                                                                                                             continued............................................
    Posted by EdGiddins
    Ed, I would have completed your challenge in one night, with 6 tournies to spare :)  

XXx
  • edited March 2010
    WD sparce, but Ed told us that the lower populated fields (around 40-50 runners) would not be included in the challenge.

You would still have done well mind!

GL 2mo dude
  • edited March 2010
    WD sparce, but Ed told us that the lower populated fields (around 40-50 runners) would not be included in the challenge. You would still have done well mind! GL 2mo dude
    Posted by TP_Dantb
    OI! don't you go ruining my moment!!! lol ;)

GL to u too.  Nice last result!! 

XXX
  • edited March 2010
    Lol,

TY i needed it!
  • edited March 2010

You guys are TOO good, wow.

Glad you all noticed how wide you get called if you have a "Star" Avatar, the PTP-ers get the same treatment, & the ranges" we get called with are extraordinary! But it cuts both ways, if you actually have a hand, you can really get paid off.

Tonight there are TWO Deedstacks - the "tikay" at 7pm (a 10 seater), & the 8pm Double Stack - hope to run into a few of you TP-ers during those.

If I bet, I have it, right?

• edited March 2010

wd all tpers last night ,

gl tonight !
  • edited March 2010

ATTENTION TP-ers.

Tonight there are two nice Deepstacks. If you fancy some action, the non TP-ers will have  a Team Last-Longer v you guys & girls.

Up for it? - then Post on the Thread that is HERE please.

Dare you do it?
  • edited March 2010

Another night, another TP Challenge.

Good Luck, all 6 of you.
  • edited March 2010
    come find me in the deepstack and we shall start soon
  • edited March 2010
    good luck all!!!
    XXX
  • edited March 2010
    Tonight i am rocking to the sound of Oasis.  Bring on tonight! soooo pumped.

XXX
  • edited March 2010

Reporting in For Phase 3, evening 3.

I had decided this evening that I was going to play 6 Mtts solidly and maybe grind 1 cash table throughout the night for some variety. I felt the pressure was on somewhat due to the fact some of the other Tps seemed to be playing a huge amount of Mtts. This is great. I just felt for me personally 5 Mtts was sufficient to be able to play my game to its optimum.

Not a great start to the evening as I began with the 7pm sleep stack. I got coolered early on with QQ vs. KK. I could have possibly got away from this I think, though the betting suggested pre flop that Mr Villain was isolating a 4 way pot so had put him on a big ace, not kk.  The 8:30pm BH, went pretty much the same way, I got unlucky and ran into a set of nines on a 9 high board vs. my Jacks, now due to the structure of a BH I was more than happy to get my chips in here on this flop every time.

Onwards and upwards and the Deep stack at 8pm began. This was the one for me, the one I wanted a good result in.  My goodness I really felt the “star” took an affect this evening, 1st time I have really experienced this. However this worked in my favour as my hands were holding, but I was being called down frequently by some very colourful hands! My initial table was incredibly laggy and this enabled me to get a good chip lead early on, then tighten up and let them knock each other out winning huge pot showdowns with ace high! My aim was to take down a lot of smaller pots without too much risk to my stack early on, to gain a gradual increase in chips. I had no hands in the 1st hour so had to find some good spots to make a few steals, so difficult on a super lag table. Then I looked down, and Find AA, what a dream! I was UTG, so not the best position and made it 5 x BB, Praying I would not get 5 callers to the flop. I got 2 callers with a low rainbow flop, dream! I villain hit top pair after calling with 98o and I managed to get him to put his whole stack in by the turn for a nice double through. Lovely 1st hour underway in great shape and stood in the top 20 with 300ish still left.

A couple of new faces had joined and the blinds were now 200. Time to change gear, loosen up and steal these blinds. I have J8ss in cut off and make it 3 x BB. I’m pretty sure I can outplay 1 opponent on the flop if I get a call, though ultimately I am looking to take it down pre flop with speculative hands like these...That is of course unless you flop the second nuts! 1 caller and the flop came down QT9 rainbow! To cut to the quick all the chips go in on the turn which brought me a FD also, and he flips KJ. Oh joy I run so well. I accepted at this point it just wasn’t my night. I Played the tournament really well so was quite disappointed. Coolered 3 out of 3...

The Final 3

These 3 were all much quicker structures. You need to adjust your game in these, as people are quite willing to get their chips in a lot lighter pre, and makes it more difficult to make moves. I found myself quite short in the £700 guar, and got it in pre with KQS on the button, to be called by 66 which held. The £200 Guar. I got it in pre with AQ in position to a min raise that called with A7 and turns a 7 lol. Finally the Velocity, this was the Icing on the cake and lost an all in race which I knew I’d lose just because of how I had run all night. I decided not to play any further Mtts, feeling quite deflated I would not have played any others as well as the previous ones, so called it a night.

Results below

7:00pm sleep stack                         50/51                    

8:00pm Deep Stack                         249/419

8:30pm BH                                          105/108

9:00pm £700 Guar.                          89/196

9:40pm £200 Guar.                          28/42

10:00pm Velocity                             173/206

End BR                  £923.07

Loss                       £74.00

Disappointing results overall, but I am not at all unhappy with the way I played. Thanks for the support and rail, much appreciatedJ

Good night all!

A Battered TP_Sharksb.

• edited March 2010
    OY!!!!--Theres a floppin blog spot for posts this long!!!---my brain urts now !!!
  • edited March 2010
    OY!!!!--Theres a floppin blog spot for posts this long!!!---my brain urts now !!!
    Posted by oynutter
    Lol...Yes apologies...Imagine my Brain Haha I had to write the Beast!
  • edited March 2010
    ul m8--I know how you feel---very high variance in these tournies, you usually have to win at least six races in a row to make the cash, when the blinds get big its usually a bingo festival innit,  A lot worse hands than A-7 are shoved all in pre----donkey derby half the time---floppa whoppa!
  • edited March 2010
    Baddddd start, lost 2 HU games to nutter - had 2.2k v 800thou first one, and 1.9k v 1.1k 2nd one, within the first level, I guess my inexperience showed tonight. The plan was to play more, but tournys got in the way.

Heartbreaking main event. I came 11th/400 - This is the stage of the tourny (10th-40th) When I normally build a huge stack, or bust in style. Unfortunately, maybe because of the tp thing, I didnt do either. 

I put the pressure on wherever possible, and was surviving on scraps of hands. Then when I needed a hand, I got AK and AA in successive hands!!! 10 and 11 bb's deep, I shoved both times. I showed the AK, thinking Im unlikely to find another hand, and I wanted a solid image to exploit with rubbish. Then the very next hand they give me AA!!!!

(how much was I regretting the show last hand now!!)

Anyway - another shove, and show.

Key hand, I had 14xbb at 5/10k, and raised just under 3xbb into the chip leader, who shoved. Now then, what a decision. Is 14xbb to deep to be shoving? and Ace ten too big to fold? I was torn. With an inbetween chip stack. I folded. The BB showed me 77! fat load of good that advertising had done me......

Im most upset coz my exit hand, I went down calling. With AQ in the small blind, 8 bb deep, the chip leader shoves on me. I have to call, but dont like it. He sows QQ, and it holds.

YET AGAIN! With a main event, so close yet so far. 11th aint a bad result - but cud have been alot better. Night all, shattered again. DOHH