You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited December 2009
    He only wants des (is your mum the only one that calls you Desmond? ) last name because he wants to thank you for letting him into the santas sack tourny lol ( or is that fixed as well?) or the posters freeroll ( or is that fixed as well?) or the monthly league tourny (or is that fixed as well?) or the super6 tourny (or is that fixed as well?) etc etc....I would say no matter how you organise anything in life you will always get people suspecting foul play.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    As the Head of Poker at Sky my full name is in the public domain.  A bit like Mr Orford's car....
    Posted by Sky_Des
    I fancy Sky should do a little skit before Orfords next show - have the song "Lonely at christmas" in the background and pan to a picture of his car looking all dejected in an otherwise empty sky car park. :-)
  • edited December 2009
    not seen much of TP to be honest.....is it the child of DP and TK??

On a serious note, congratulations to all those involved and a special gl to dan whom i had privelege of seeing in action at manchester
  • edited December 2009
    Congrats to Dantb10, cottlad and penguin7.  Thoroughly deserved.

I'd like to say well done to Sky Poker for coming up with this concept.  I know like many players on this site that I have no chance of winning (miles away from the standard required) but I'm hoping via the TV programme that I will learn more about stategy and tips on how to play.

I only started playing this spring and put in 20 quid plus some free money from sky, thank you, I'm now over £450 in my bankroll.  I play for enjoyment but think lessons learned via watching shows with Tikay, Ed, 8-7 off suit Banin et al  (yes, even Lord Orford) have helped my game. 

I'm sure if a player is good enough they will be included in the selection process but the main thing is to play and enjoy the game.

Good luck to the players that qualify.

Ross
  • edited December 2009
    Afternoon all,

FYI, we had a quick catch-up with Mr Broughton and put together an interview to do with Total Player. Find out how to impress Mr B. in the following:

Cheers,
    Dave
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : I fancy Sky should do a little skit before Orfords next show - have the song "Lonely at christmas" in the background and pan to a picture of his car looking all dejected in an otherwise empty sky car park. :-)
    Posted by Dingdell
    He really needs to get an iphone - 'they have an app for this'
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : I fancy Sky should do a little skit before Orfords next show - have the song "Lonely at christmas" in the background and pan to a picture of his car looking all dejected in an otherwise empty sky car park. :-)
    Posted by Dingdell

Lol Trace, or perhaps The Cars' tune: "Who's gonna drive you home, tonight?"
  • edited December 2009
    Wow someone at a table just told me i'd been picked.  Am not sure what happens now..... i suppose i better catch up with the TP programmes as i was in the drinkabeershop on Sat night.  Congrats also to Dan and Penguin.  I'm sure we'll have fun whatever happens and i'm sure we'll be able to teach Ed a thing or 2.......  oh wait....... he's mentoring us?  hehe.  GL us and everyone else yet to be picked.  I feel very honoured :)
  • edited December 2009
    Welcome aboard cottlad.  You'll have some interesting challenges coming up from Ed and the other mentors from episode 8 onwards, with some great tournies and serious kudos at stake if you go on to win the competition.
  • edited December 2009
    I can't wait.  It's all very intriguing :)
  • edited December 2009
    Congrats to you 2 cottlad!

Im sure it will be a great experience!

Des, when do we find out the challenges Etc, is it just a wait and see type thingy?!
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Dan...the challenges will be handed out once all eighteen players have been selected.  Then it will become even more interesting!
  • edited December 2009
    I've had an insider tip and I believe that the commando assault course is quite challenging.
  • edited December 2009
    As long as there are no donkey testicles to chew through!
  • edited December 2009
    its the wrestling with polar bears I dont fancy!

• edited December 2009
    Like many others i don't see what the fuss is all about and why sky poker are getting such grief. Out of the blue last week i got a phone call and submitted some hands i made it to the last 10 but didn't get picked, ah well it didn't cost me anything i was playing at sky poker anyhow. Its a great chance for somebody and a great prize.

So i am back on the tables again, just playing in the tournaments as always, not because of total player but because i enjoy the tournament format, i came third in the 5.5K bounty hunter last night so lets hope the phone rings again !! Lol, but either way i will still be here playing and watching. Its the most fun you can have without taking your clothes off ! 
  • edited December 2009
    Like many others i don't see what the fuss is all about and why sky poker are getting such grief. Out of the blue last week i got a phone call and submitted some hands i made it to the last 10 but didn't get picked, ah well it didn't cost me anything i was playing at sky poker anyhow. Its a great chance for somebody and a great prize. So i am back on the tables again, just playing in the tournaments as always, not because of total player but because i enjoy the tournament format, i came third in the 5.5K bounty hunter last night so lets hope the phone rings again !! Lol, but either way i will still be here playing and watching. Its the most fun you can have without taking your clothes off ! 
    Posted by craig1970
    Well said and congrats for making it to the selection process last week.

Good luck for rest of competition.
  • edited December 2009
    Like many others i don't see what the fuss is all about and why sky poker are getting such grief. Out of the blue last week i got a phone call and submitted some hands i made it to the last 10 but didn't get picked, ah well it didn't cost me anything i was playing at sky poker anyhow. Its a great chance for somebody and a great prize. So i am back on the tables again, just playing in the tournaments as always, not because of total player but because i enjoy the tournament format, i came third in the 5.5K bounty hunter last night so lets hope the phone rings again !! Lol, but either way i will still be here playing and watching. Its the most fun you can have without taking your clothes off ! 
    Posted by craig1970
    Spot on Craig, & good luck.

That's all you should do - play as you normally do, & if you are good enough, you have a chance. It is a competition, not a raffle, so yes, players do need to be able to play!

To be fair, when you say "why are Sky Poker getting so much grief", the response has been overwhelmingly positive, (with the exception of one Poster), & given that poker players by nature like to moan a little given half a chance, we are absolutely thrilled with the feedback.

Wait till a few weeks down the line, too - I fancy this is going to be really something special.

Good Luck, anyway.
  • edited December 2009
    Tikay i hope you took my points onboard in the way they were intended (a positive way) like i said i definitley if in eds position would have selected penguin without hesitation, i would however like to come back to this 7 mtt's a week point. Variance is huge in mtt's as you pointed out earlier and infact 7 mtt's is nowere near enough to judge a player, from this viewpoint are the mentors using h historys sharkscope e.t.c from before the competition started to get a more rounded view of a player? thanks
    Posted by barnsie
    Oh yes, absolutely, 100%.

It's worth saying this - the thread got a bit out of balance due to some vitriolic comments by one Poster. As always, that propogates an opposite reaction, understandably, as nobody likes to see such rudeness.

But we DO still want to hear constructive criticism/feedback/comments/suggestions. So don't be put off by the heat that was generated over the weekend  - if you have stuff about Total Player that concerns you, Post it up, & someone from the Show, or Sky Poker, will answer openly & honestly, as we always do.

We can make this thing very special indeed - together. At the end, of course, the Players & Forum Members themselves will decide who wins. "Can't say fairer than that" seems applicable.
  • edited December 2009
    Tikay, how many people do you employ to post on your behalf? I check on blonde to see how an associate is doing in 250k DTD and you're posting, I check on here and you're also cracking away. Not just the occasional thread either, virtually every single one! I know typewriters were two a penny back in the day (and were probably a school subject) but I refuse to believe you operate at 70wpm. Remarkable stuff.
    Posted by NOGIMMICKS
    70wpm - I wish!

Anyone who's seen me type - I am the original one-finger typist - will dispute the 70wpm!

I like to keep busy, but Posting on two different Forums, which have very different styles, is becoming a bit of a problem, I have to "change heads" depending on where I'm Posting, & I find it quite awkward. That's another Blog that needs writing........ 
  • edited December 2009

We have a little problem.........

The contact details youi give when you first Register with Sky Poker are the ones that the Sky Poker people will contact you on if selected. This includes e-addy, & telephone number.

But.....

Sky Poker have tried to contact a couple of players today, & the contact details seem to be out of date.

And if Sky Poker cannot contact you, you ain't gonna get selected........

So, if your details are not up to date, CORRECT THEM NOW.

Imagine missing this opportunity because your Contact Details were not up to date.......
  • edited December 2009

Just to remind you......

Below is an excerpt from the T & C's. 

6. In order to be considered, players must be contactable for marketing purposes and have a contact telephone number on their account. Pre-selected players will be contacted after each week of the Selection Period between Friday and Saturday.

11. If the players selected cannot be contacted or do not answer phone calls (no messages will be left), we will move to the next ranked player. This may be repeated if more than one player cannot be contacted.

• edited December 2009
    I sat in the office all day and didn't receive a phone call.  Any chance of an entry to the £22 deepie?
  • edited December 2009
    I sat in the office all day and didn't receive a phone call.  Any chance of an entry to the £22 deepie?
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Lol, that is all
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by Sky_Des
    I think you need to contact the head of Sky Poker, can't remember his name right now, but I am sure if you contact customer services they will be able to help you.

Good luck in your quest

Steve
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : I think you need to contact the head of Sky Poker, can't remember his name right now, but I am sure if you contact customer services they will be able to help you. Good luck in your quest Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u

He's probably a bit stuck up Steve, so I'll try Sky_Rich instead...he won't let me down.  It's only the $33 Primo after all.  :)

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : thanks tk,  my phone number is now changed, lol xxxx
    Posted by anjie1970
    If I was a mentor Anji, you'd get my vote!  Thanks for updating your record.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : He's probably a bit stuck up Steve, so I'll try Sky_Rich instead...he won't let me down.  It's only the $33 Primo after all.  :)
    Posted by Sky_Des
    ooohhh is that a new update we operate in $ now???
  • edited December 2009
    Will episode 2 be up 2day?
  • edited December 2009
    Will episode 2 be up 2day?
    Posted by cottlad
    Not sure Cott - but it should be. I'll have a word.

Well done on getting picked!