You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    If you want to see a repeat of Episode 2 (last night's Episode), or maybe just watch it again, I think this is the schedule of repeats for it...... Sunday, 10am Sunday, 2pm Sunday, 6pm Tuesday, 2pm Wednesday, 0030am Wednesday, 6pm Saturday, 10am.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm never gonna get to see ep 2 lol........
    Is there anywhere that publishes a TV listings so we know what's on when every day.....instead of relying on tikay lol :D
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : I'm never gonna get to see ep 2 lol........ Is there anywhere that publishes a TV listings so we know what's on when every day.....instead of relying on tikay lol :D
    Posted by cottlad

If you are still up m8,  i think its on at 3am.
  • edited December 2009
    Hello folks

I've been away for a while, you must of missed me I've missed you all! Been busy playing some live tournaments such as the UKIPT and the DTD Monte Carlo Main event I'll be back on Sky playing cash again tonight!

See you all soon

lJAMESl
  • edited December 2009
    Hi James. How did you do in your tourneys?
  • edited December 2009
    Hi James.

Well done on your 3rd in the side event!! That should cover the costs of the garage bill for the Porshue ;-)
  • edited December 2009
    I sat in the office all day and didn't receive a phone call.  Any chance of an entry to the £22 deepie?
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Might I draw your attention to the Ts&Cs Mr Duffy?

15. The Promotion is not open to employees or agencies of Sky Poker, their family members or anyone else connected to the Promotion.

Bad luck old bean!

And Cottlad, I'm one of the Assistant Producers in the office, and I'm working hard to get Ep 2 up on the web as soon as I can, I promise. The first half (In youtube sized chunks) will be up by lunch, hopefully the rest will be up by the end of the day. Sorry it takes a while, I'm also working on a lot of other stuff too!
  • edited December 2009
    I promise to get it up today!
  • edited December 2009
    You Rule James wd!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : I'm never gonna get to see ep 2 lol........ Is there anywhere that publishes a TV listings so we know what's on when every day.....instead of relying on tikay lol :D
    Posted by cottlad
    Worry not Cott - you'll be able to view it 24/7 via your PC, on the Total Player micro-site.

Sky-Ling is uploading it at this very moment, & it'll be up very soon.
  • edited December 2009
    Hello folks I've been away for a while, you must of missed me I've missed you all! Been busy playing some live tournaments such as the UKIPT and the DTD Monte Carlo Main event I'll be back on Sky playing cash again tonight! See you all soon lJAMESl
    Posted by lJAMESl
    About time you came back Mr W, now get grinding!

PS - How much did the insurance cost on that new jalopy of yours?
  • edited December 2009
    Hi James. How did you do in your tourneys?
    Posted by BANDICOOT

Hello mate no good in the UKIPT main event and dtd main event managed to go out with 15mins left of the last level of day 1 in both tournaments, probably something to do with me going crazy aggro when I don't have avg chips :-D I usually go into day 2 as one of the Chipleaders or usually bust last level day 1 something I probably need to work on.
    Went deep in the UKIPT €500 side event but didn't end up cashing, Came 3rd in the £300 DTD monte carlo side event and got £6.25K for 3rd so not too bad.

Back to the grind for me now, been playing on another site recently but couldn't abandon my home land Sky Poker dot com :D
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : About time you came back Mr W, now get grinding! PS - How much did the insurance cost on that new jalopy of yours?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hello Mr Kendall did you get my blonde PM?

Erm a sick figure which I don't want to mention here as its just stupid ridic, had it a few months now. Just had to get it repaired though bill is over £4k FML.

I hear Matt Broughton is one of the mentors for this, I think he knows a friend of mine Nik Ferro!

• edited December 2009
    VWD on your cash and welcome back.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Hello Mr Kendall did you get my blonde PM? Erm a sick figure which I don't want to mention here as its just stupid ridic, had it a few months now. Just had to get it repaired though bill is over £4k FML. I hear Matt Broughton is one of the mentors for this, I think he knows a friend of mine Nik Ferro!
    Posted by lJAMESl
    Will you guys stop calling me Mr Kendall - Ben Nuttall does the same thing!

I got your PM on the other place, yes, I'll reply as soon as I can, I struggle to keep up with them on here alone, never mind over there, too.

Yes, Matt Broughton is a Total Player mentor. I have no idea if he knows Nik Ferro, but my advice is steer well clear of "poker agents".
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    Good grief!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Good grief!
    Posted by cottlad

rofl!
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    And a merry Xmas to you to Aisling ;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Will you guys stop calling me Mr Kendall - Ben Nuttall does the same thing! I got your PM on the other place, yes, I'll reply as soon as I can, I struggle to keep up with them on here alone, never mind over there, too. Yes, Matt Broughton is a Total Player mentor. I have no idea if he knows Nik Ferro, but my advice is steer well clear of "poker agents".
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ha i don't know why but if you have seen the matrix which i highly doubt ! Just reminds me of Agent Smith calling
    Neo...Mr Anderson ! Like my poker enemy...in a nice way :) !
  • edited December 2009
    thanks for ur reply tikay

so the history of the player will be taken into account as well as current form, personally i feel this makes the 7 tournies a min week a bit of a fallacy but respect the decision

thanks for your time
  • edited December 2009
    hi everyone,  just been reading some earlier posts about the total player promo, really a great idea from sky as it gets the GRASSROOTS of poker involved and proves you are'nt just a number who pays the rake here on sky poker. so defo good work, i mean where else can a small stakes player get tv coverage and a shot at the title ....nowhere..!!!

i was 2nd up playing in episode 2, the hands i picked really were'nt hands where i won super big pots with super big hands basically as that aint so hard to do is it?, i just tryed to show range based thinking and good hand reading skills, which is key in poker, trust me if you get good at reading flops/ boards you get pretty dangerous.

Just a word to richtea, passing the AK, when he had top 2 pair, pretty impressive, so credit where its due sir!

only thing now is im going to have to turn into super nit, as i think my secret may be out ha ha ha 

well played to those selected and gl to all trying .
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Cottlad,

It took a tad longer than i'd anticipated, but come tomorrow morning all the show will be available. I haven't forgotten you and it is a priority for tomorrow.

Sorry!

Aisling
  • edited December 2009
    Episode 2 of Total Player is now up on the Total Player Blog.  So who did Ed Giddins pick and why?

Next up will be Matt Broughton on Boxing Day at 10pm - Sky Channel 865.  Are you in the running?
  • edited December 2009
    Episode 2 of Total Player is now up on the Total Player Blog.  So who did Ed Giddins pick and why? Total Player Episode 2 Next up will be Matt Broughton on Boxing Day at 10pm - Sky Channel 865.  Are you in the running?
    Posted by Sky_Des
    well-done des and all at sky ,

excellent show ,

great idea ,

happy xmas from ireland
  • edited December 2009

So, today, Boxing Day, is Episode THREE of Total Player.

This week's Mentor is Matt Broughton. Will you be one of his Final Ten, or even one of his three "picks"?

No good asking me - I don't know. But I will tonight.

10pm - 11pm, Channel 865.
  • edited December 2009

Something it may be worth pointing out.........

Tonight's List of Ten, (from which Matt will select his first three picks) is based on LAST WEEK's player performamce - NOT THIS WEEK.

This weeks efforts will be reflected in NEXT week's Show.
  • edited December 2009
    Good Luck to all those in the Top 10 and GL on making the top 3 !

I bet you do know Tikay !

the_gibb
  • edited December 2009
    good luck to all the guys picked for the show tonite
  • edited December 2009
    I can confirm our  pre selected players (those asked to send in hands,) has finally been whittled down to 10....

Not even Tikay knows who they are as I have just found out the top ten myself!

It's an incredibly strong line up this week - i don't envy Matt at all!

Axxx
  • edited December 2009
    Good luck to all selected!
  • edited December 2009
    3 great piks!!

This is gonna be one tough competition!!

Well done naomi, will and john