You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited December 2009

Let's see where we are after two week of Mentor Picks.

So far there have been six picks, & they are as follows;

cottlad

cowgomoo

dantb10

penguin7

pokerbcity

sharksbite

• edited December 2009

I thought it was just terrific to see so many Members sending good wishes to the "picks" on this Thread. More of the same will do nicely.

But the Bonus was to see last week's picks encouraging this week's picks. That's our Community really working together - great stuff.
  • edited December 2009

Mere Novice is, of corse - correct. I said it will last untul July, in Vegas. As he rightly asserts, it might last until November!

But I can promise that Sky Poker - the Company AND the Community will support the winner every yard of the way, with Railing Support, Live Updates on the Forum of their efforts in the three Tourneys, photos, videos, Blogs, the whole shebang. 
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    I thought it was just terrific to see so many Members sending good wishes to the "picks" on this Thread. More of the same will do nicely. But the Bonus was to see last week's picks encouraging this week's picks. That's our Community really working together - great stuff.
    Posted by Tikay10
    What time is the repeat on today TK? 
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : i agree rover, whilst i thought this was a great competion, i also felt very uneasy with the 10% part,as you said,they will tend to pick the established players instead of taking a risk with an up and comming player.  
    Posted by loonytoons
    Hi Mr Loony.

Question for you.

Of the 6 picks so far, how many do you, in your opinion, consider to be "established" players?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : What time is the repeat on today TK? 
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Hi Glumbra,

I'm not 100% certain (help!) but I THINK the repeat schedule for Total Player is......

Sunday, 10am

Sunday, 2pm

Sunday, 6pm

Tuesday, 2pm

Wednesday, 0030am

Wednesday, 6pm

Saturday, 10am.

Plus the whole Episode will be Uploaded onto the TOTAL PLAYER Micro-Site on Tuesday or Wednesday.
  • edited December 2009
    TOTAL POKER you lot at sky wouldn't know what that was if it jumped up and bit you, i've played here for a couple of years now and the standard gets worse every day, luck wins on this site not skill even the primo was taken down last week by a bingo player and the analysts said well played to a player who called every shove and got lucky. Thats not well played thats LUCK not SKILL maybe the presenters should learn the difference before the decide on a 'TOTAL PLAYER'  
    Posted by TEOTD
    Hi TEOTD,

The Presenters - "you lot" as you call us - will have no say in who Total Player will be. The "Total Player" will be chosen by you, the Players. Nobody else.

Hope that helps.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Hi Glumbra, I'm not 100% certain (help!) but I THINK the repeat schedule for Total Player is...... Sunday, 10am Sunday, 2pm Sunday, 6pm Tuesday, 2pm Wednesday, 0030am Wednesday, 6pm Saturday, 10am. Plus the whole Episode will be Uploaded onto the TOTAL PLAYER Micro-Site on Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks buddy, I will watch this at 2pm then. I am glad Sharksbite got through, she has been one of our 'stars' for a while.

P.s. Would you like me on your team for TKO2? ;)
  • edited December 2009
    There seems to be some confusion about mentors picks, & how some think they favour High Rollers. Can I remind everyone that the final TOTAL PLAYER will be chosen by the SKY POKER PLAYERS, via a Vote on this Forum. The Mentors will make their picks, then they'll do their Boot-Camp phase, to see if there are areas where their games can improve, & only then will the winner be selected. And that final selection, of the WINNER will by via a Vote of Sky Poker players. We all hope that the eventual winner will be someone we can "Rail" all the way in the three Tourneys, & as that winner will have been chosen by the Community, we can get behind him or her & support them fully. So this thing, really, will last until July, in Vegas, & I hope every one of us supports the winner the whole way. So, in a way, we all win, because "one of ours" will be out there, representing us. The Forum Threads on that alone will be immense!
    Posted by Tikay10
    i am not confused ,

seems quiet clear the via vote on this forum ,

will be to decide which high roller goes forward.

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Thanks buddy, I will watch this at 2pm then. I am glad Sharksbite got through, she has been one of our 'stars' for a while. P.s. Would you like me on your team for TKO2? ;)
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Of course!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Hi Mr Loony. Question for you. Of the 6 picks so far, how many do you, in your opinion, consider to be "established" players?
    Posted by Tikay10
    half of them, and ask me when the final 3 are selected to go to the vote, im not saying its wrong, but i dont agree that we all have a chance of winning,its gonna be between 15-20 players on here that we all could of picked pre TP show,so to suggest everyone has a chance is simply pushing it a wee tad too far, dont think it matters too much what people do in the next couple of weeks, thats just my opinion, but to who ever wins of course i wish them luck.
  • edited December 2009

A big well done to everyone involved so far, and good luck to all ...

Now I have a problem that nobody at Sky is making clear, in fact it looks a very grey area to me .. Here's the Quote from TK ..

"Can I remind everyone that the final TOTAL PLAYER will be chosen by the SKY POKER PLAYERS, via a Vote on this Forum. The Mentors will make their picks, then they'll do their Boot-Camp phase, to see if there are areas where their games can improve, & only then will the winner be selected. And that final selection, of the WINNER will by via a Vote of Sky Poker players."

So Tony or Des, this surly cant be a vote by anyone who happens to see a thread saying something like  " Vote for your Vegas Person Here".. so I'm guessing it will be by a selected panel of players .. ??

Lets be honest here, it couldn't possibly be a free forum vote by anyone who wants to vote, that would be ridiculous  and in my opinion unfair to the players themselves ...

So if that's the way the voting will go  then let us know,  or ... is it a selected panel of regular players who will cast the final vote, or ... is there some other element that hasn't been revealed yet,  or ... are you making this part up as you go along because I for one am totally lost on how the winner will be selected .. 
    It all seems very strange the way the final selection is going to be found .. !!   To many grey areas !!

Good luck .... everyone  !!
  • edited December 2009
    Can I just say a late Congrats to the latest 3 picks. Very good choices who are proven good players on and off the site.

All this upset about who is getting picked is rediculous. I personally feel I could make the picks through MTT if I have a good week (this weeks was pretty good so maybe a call awaits) but when I don't get picked I dont come on here and attack the players who have been lucky enough to get selected. These guys and girl(s) are potentially going to represent Sky in the "World championships" of poker and we need to show them support and get get behind them. How do you think these people feel being on top of the world after being told they are in the top 3 on the entire site to then come on here and see people are saying they should not be there?

GENERALLY the higher the levels the player plays the better they are. So therefore the likely hood is the eventual "Total Player" will be a high stakes player.

When I look at cash tables I see who is sat with what amount, generally on 20p/40 and 25/50 the biggest stack is sat with around £100-£200 which is about 400BB deep. If you then look at 1/2 and 1.50/3 you will see some of them sat with over £1000 which on a 1/2 is 500BB deep. So as a percentage the higher players do tend to make more in terms of big blinds, and to do that against some of the best players on the site. Well thats some good going!!
  • edited December 2009
    Can I just say a late Congrats to the latest 3 picks. Very good choices who are proven good players on and off the site. All this upset about who is getting picked is rediculous. I personally feel I could make the picks through MTT if I have a good week (this weeks was pretty good so maybe a call awaits)but when I don't get picked I dont come on here and attack the players who have been lucky enough to get selected.These guys and girl(s) are potentially going to represent Sky in the "World championships" of poker and we need to show them support and get get behind them. How do you think these people feel being on top of the world after being told they are in the top 3 on the entire site to then come on here and see people are saying they should not be there? GENERALLY the higher the levels the player plays the better they are. So therefore the likely hood is the eventual "Total Player" will be a high stakes player. When I look at cash tables I see who is sat with what amount, generally on 20p/40 and 25/50 the biggest stack is sat with around £100-£200 which is about 400BB deep. If you then look at 1/2 and 1.50/3 you will see some of them sat with over £1000 which on a 1/2 is 500BB deep. So as a percentage the higher players do tend to make more in terms of big blinds, and to do that against some of the best players on the site. Well thats some good going!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    i never attack or attacked anyone on sky ,

i merely defending for the lower stake players ,

my point is the system in which this contest is set up,

favours the high rollers.

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Thanks buddy, I will watch this at 2pm then. I am glad Sharksbite got through, she has been one of our 'stars' for a while. P.s. Would you like me on your team for TKO2? ;)
    Posted by Grimstar30
    You turncoat!!!!!!!! ;)
  • edited December 2009
    Naomi and Will - I've had the pleasure (if thats the correct word!) to play u many times and very good, obvious selections.  I'm very pleased for you both as ur hard work over the years has been recognised and u have a chance of a much bigger prize now.  
    Congratulations!
  • edited December 2009

I'm afraid I can't quite grasp where Bennydip - who happens to be a good friend of mine - is coming from in his Post above, which is full of innuendo & suspicion.

The Rules on how the Total Player Winner will be selected have not been changed, ever, & they seem to me to be crystal clear. The Terms & Conditions have also not been changed, & are prominently displayed on the Total Player Home Page (which is linked to from the Home Page). 

This is what the T  C's say as to voting for the winner.

"....18. The winner will be selected following an online vote where each Sky Poker player will be eligible to cast one vote....."

Personally, that seems pretty clear & transparent to me, & I'm reading it at face value.

I wish everyone success in Total Player, but common-sense dictates that those who wish to partake read the Terms & Conditions first - that is the PLAYERS responsibility.

I hope you enjoin with me in wishing sucess to the 6 picks to date, & all the remaining picks.
  • edited December 2009

In case you have not seen it, the Total Player HomePage is here.....

http://www.skypoker.com/total-player/

It also contains a Link to the Terms & Conditions, which are here....

http://help.skybet.com/display/4/kb/article.aspx?aid=2359

I hope that helps anyone who is unsure about anything connected with Total Player.
  • edited December 2009
    I think the 6 choices are top marks, i and kev have played 5 of the 6 live and on line and take my words for it they fully deserve there place in this ,,good luck to them all and i think we should all be positive on the choices not negative .
  • edited December 2009
    Tony,   oh dear,     theres no Innuendo (there  suppositories aren't they) ?
    And i'm not suspicious just confused as to this final selection by ways of a forum vote ??
     I have no motive as to the reason Ive asked the Questions it just seems crazy to me that the final winner will be picked by a mixture of any 'Tom, D ick or Harry" probably half of which  hardly ever see any of this event or use the site . 
    You may have quoted the rules but there IS a grey area still in how this selection is to be done, a  yes or no would suffice as to whether it's to be a total forum vote by all people voting in what will be the conclusion to getting a final winner.. 
     you good friend Bazz (huges and kisses)  :))  
  • edited December 2009
    Just wanted to say thank you for all the kind comments and support, this is definately going to be a tough comp to stay in with a chance to possibly represent sky in vegas. I for one will be fully behind whoever makes it there, whether I get booted or not b4 the casting vote is decided.
  • edited December 2009

The winner will not be picked by "any Tom, Dick or Harry". The winner will be picked by the Forum Members & Players, aka our Community.

I'm not being obdurate here, but I'm struggling to see what is a "grey area" about that.

It's absolutely fine to disagreee with how the Rules have been framed, but it's a little late to raise these issues now that the thing is up & running. The T & C's have not been changed. Naturally, those who think the Rules are unfairly framed, are not obliged to take part.

• edited December 2009
    Just wanted to say thank you for all the kind comments and support, this is definately going to be a tough comp to stay in with a chance to possibly represent sky in vegas. I for one will be fully behind whoever makes it there, whether I get booted or not b4 the casting vote is decided.
    Posted by Sharksbite
    I wish you the very best of luck with it Naomi, & it's good to see such positivity.
  • edited December 2009
    Ok ...your missing the point    ..   but all i hope is who ever wins enjoys the whole experience the prize is fantastic ..

Look out Simon Cowell we could have a ..   JEDWOOD  win our X factor as well !!
  • edited December 2009
    Ok ...your missing the point    ..   but all i hope is who ever wins enjoys the whole experience the prize is fantastic .. Look out Simon Cowell we could have a ..   JEDWOOD  win our X factor as well !!
    Posted by bennydip2
    Perhaps, perhaps not. Clearly, one of us is.

I've tried to answer your questions concisely & honestly, & have given you Links to the Total Player Home Page, & T & C's.

I have to move on now, I'm sorry.

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : You turncoat!!!!!!!! ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    ABANDON SHIP! 

HMS TK here we come ;)
  • edited December 2009
    Just to reiterate: All players featured in this evening's TOTAL PLAYER fulfilled the requirement of being in the top 50 most successful players on Sky Poker during the selection period. From those 50, players were asked to provide hand histories with additional notes to explain their thinking, the mentor used this information to determine his final 10, and subsequent final 3. Every player who made the top 10 deserved to be there - and it is now their responsibility to keep their spot and earn the respect of fellow players if they're to have any hope of becoming Sky Poker's TOTAL PLAYER. We want the best in all respects, game, style and ability. Lets pick a winner together!
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    Hi just seen a total poker player COWGOMOO on sky poker at the sam time i was playing him on master cash table 10 for an hour and he is pathetic every hand i was involved with him i came out on top he gave me hords of abuse and yet i still continued to take his money his excuse was it was just for fun what a great choice you made i out played him, used his useless game against him , got him  to bet with the worst , re raise with pathetic hands and fold the best hand and during this time he  criisised us for being , in his words "low level trash" yet 3 players on this table out classed him in a similar way as i did and showed him up for the fool he is ... if i was you swap him for JAMMYBEE , DIABLO1967 , BENDOG40 or my self as we all showd ths fool up and he made himself look silly with his play his speech and his critisism
  • edited December 2009
    Oh no! Dave the defector lol
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Hi just seen a total poker player COWGOMOO on sky poker at the sam time i was playing him on master cash table 10 for an hour and he is pathetic every hand i was involved with him i came out on top he gave me hords of abuse and yet i still continued to take his money his excuse was it was just for fun what a great choice you made i out played him, used his useless game against him , got him  to bet with the worst , re raise with pathetic hands and fold the best hand and during this time he  criisised us for being , in his words "low level trash" yet 3 players on this table out classed him in a similar way as i did and showed him up for the fool he is ... if i was you swap him for JAMMYBEE , DIABLO1967 , BENDOG40 or my self as we all showd ths fool up and he made himself look silly with his play his speech and his critisism
    Posted by sealacey
    Is it possible to keep this thread about saying wd to the 6 rather than keep posting your post 4 times sealacey?

i for one think the 6 chosen are very good worthwhile players
  • edited December 2009
    Dohhhhhhh !!!!! Congratulations. and good luck! - JJ
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Unlucky Dohhh. I can't pretend it was an easy choice - I was presented with some excellent players. Personally, when I come round to my next selection I'll certainly be looking in on the other 7 from my initial 10 before moving on so it's not all over yet!

Congrats on at least being part of the 10 - keep it up and you never know...

Cheers

Matt