You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : I agree with you m8 - sadly I dont think our play on the PLO MTT's will be given consideration
    Posted by Rattious
    Hi ratt,

That's not correct - Omaha play IS taken into consideration.

To clarify.

Omaha hands cannot be shown on 865. We don't have the technology, sorry.

Someone who qualified via Omaha would need to play some NLH, too, & use of some of their NLH hands to send in to be Analysed on the Live Show, on Saturday, as we need a hand or hands to talk through, & we can't show Omaha.

But that's very different from "Omahs is not taken into consideratrion". It IS, please rest assured.

Personally, if I were eligible to be part of Total Player, I'd major on NLH this time around, as Omaha has only been here a few weeks, thus Liquidity is still quite thin, until it builds momentum.

It's also worth remembering that the Prizes are all for NLH Tourneys, & so "Omaha Only" players might not be well received by the Voters.

But Omaha players ARE part of the remit.

• edited January 2010
    Best of luck to everyone making the top 10 this evening, looking forward too seeing the show !
  • edited January 2010
    Good luck everyone, no doubt will be 10 top players!
  • edited January 2010
    great show so far.... good luck to all

• edited January 2010
    Congratulations to the players picked this week, special mention to Phil12UK who I have played with on the tables regularly.  Hope you go all the way mate.

• edited January 2010
    Nice one Phil and Ben well deserved!!

What happened to Cowgomoo? It was a different name on Matts pics at the end?

Dave
  • edited January 2010
    EXCELLENT SELECTION WD TOO ALL THREE CAN ONLY HOPE TO AT LEAST MAKE THE TEN JUST ONCE WOULD BE NICE  EXCELLENT COMPANY GUYS WELL DONE
  • edited January 2010
    I am delighted for Phil, he really deserves this. Such a great consistant player who i have shared many a table with! Likewise, Mr Nutall.

I havent shared many tables with Jackally but know he is a very good cash player as i have watched him.

Well done all 3! looking like a fab 9 so far.

9 picked 9 to go!

• edited January 2010
    Very well done to the 3 picked. Ben and Phil friends of mine through Skypoker and their places are well deserved. Well played lads
  • edited January 2010
    Nice one Phil and Ben well deserved!! What happened to Cowgomoo? It was a different name on Matts pics at the end? Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Hi Dave he has withdrawn for personal reasons
  • edited January 2010
    Huge congratulationss to all 3 picks this evening. I have played an awful lot with all three guys over the past couple of years and they are all great players very well done and hugely deserved!
  • edited January 2010
    I'm buzzing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to ben and jakally - top picks! :)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Hi Dave he has withdrawn for personal reasons
    Posted by mabsue
    Ah ok, cheers
  • edited January 2010
    Wow ! Well done guys but your mentor seems hard to please !!!! But all 3 totally deserve it. THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN !
  • edited January 2010
    Congratulations to Phil and Jakally -

This has made my year ;P so far ! in all seriousness both deserved it - we may play higher than normal but we put a huge effort into poker and improving. Personally i play i would say 40 - 80 a week everyweek.

Good luck to the other candidates in future
  • edited January 2010
    I'm buzzing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to ben and jakally - top picks! :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Nice one Phil, top job.

Ed
  • edited January 2010
    Congratulations to Phil and Jakally - This has made my year ;P so far ! in all seriousness both deserved it - we may play higher than normal but we put a huge effort into poker and improving. Personally i play i would say 40 - 80 a week everyweek. Good luck to the other candidates in future
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Well deserved Ben. You have the top profit on the site for SNG's for 2009 so you def should be there. Nice one.

Ed
  • edited January 2010
    Well done guys, I'm soooo jealous but, realistically, you're far better than little ol' me!!
  • edited January 2010
    Hi, what happens if a player under 21 wins? since the min. age limit to play in Las vegas is 21. What happens to the $10,000 tournament package. Grats to all the picks.

• edited January 2010
    I presume your under 21 then boylebag ?

I don't think you will be allowed to participate but who knows, contach sky if so
  • edited January 2010
    very well done all 3 of you . 3 great picks congrats all. x
  • edited January 2010
    :( thats what i was thinking but i have been picked and im pretty sure they know must know my age.
  • edited January 2010
    wd to all but a special well done mate to phil12uk.its amazing is online poker as although ive never met the guy i have shared alot of tables with him and you get to know them as a mate in a virtual world.lol.anyway really pleased for you phil well deserved.dav
  • edited January 2010
    very well done all 3 of you . 3 great picks congrats all. x
    Posted by anjie1970
    I dont think do mate - they panicked over me last year when they  thought i wasnt't 21. Get onto them tonight or tomoz
  • edited January 2010
    Hi, what happens if a player under 21 wins? since the min. age limit to play in Las vegas is 21. What happens to the $10,000 tournament package. Grats to all the picks.
    Posted by boylebag
    well done all,

all high stakes again but well done ,

now seems they messed up in terms and conditions ,

states you must be over 18 years old to enter competition   ,

but if you win the the prize you cant play in wsop ,

unless you are over 21 years old.

soz boylebag
  • edited January 2010
    yeah you definately have to be over 21 to play in the WSOP. I emailed them and asked what would happen if i won and if another tournament package could be worked out, if not maybe its better that someone over 21 gets my place as they can actually end up playing in vegas this summer.
  • edited January 2010

In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : here they are Total Player Terms Sky Poker’s Total Player promotion (the “Promotion” is subject to the following terms and conditions.  Rules and terms and conditions 1. The player selection period (the “Selection Period”) will run between 12 December 2009 to 13 February 2010. For each week of the Selection Period (and each week will run from Thursday until Wednesday, 50 players will be short-listed by Sky Poker for consideration and entry into the next stage of the Promotion. Sky Poker will use the following criteria for selection (the “Selection Criteria”) (real money play only is eligible for consideration): a. Top 10 Cash players at low blind level (2p/4p to 15p/30p); b. Top 10 Cash players at medium blind level (20p/40p to 50p/£1); c. Top 10 Cash players at high blind level (£1/£2 and above); d. Top 10 Single Table Tournament players (Sit ‘n’ Go); and e. Top 10 Multi Table Tournament players. 2. The top 10 players in each section will be determined as those with the highest total profit  in that week, within that level of play. 3. In order to be considered players must play at least 10 separate sessions at the same level of play in the week. 4. Each week is a ‘clean slate’ i.e. if a player does not meet the Selection Criteria in a given week, he or she could still eligible in future weeks. 5. Sky Poker will analyse the play of the players in each of these sections and will pick two in each group to be pre-selected for consideration for the next stage of the promotion which is selection by a “mentor” for that mentor’s team (mentors are presenters and analysts appearing on the Sky Poker Channel). 6. In order to be considered, players must be contactable for marketing purposes and have a contact telephone number on their account. Pre-selected players will be contacted after each week of the Selection Period between Friday and Saturday. 7. Pre-selected players will be required to provide identification details (hand ids) for 5 hands that they feel best demonstrate their level of skill.  The player’s hand histories must be provided before midnight on the Monday following their pre-selection. 8. Pre-selected players will be considered for selection based on a number of factors, including but not limited to their weekly playing performance and individual player traits.  Mentors will announce the names of their selected players live on the Total Player television programme during the Selection Period. 9. Players who are not selected by Sky Poker at this stage may still be eligible for future weeks if they meet the Selection Criteria in subsequent weeks during the Selection Period. 10. Analysis by both Sky Poker and the mentors will include on air consideration of the hand history of all players participating in a competition and not just those under consideration for the Promotion. 11. If the players selected cannot be contacted or do not answer phone calls (no messages will be left), we will move to the next ranked player. This may be repeated if more than one player cannot be contacted.   12. All players selected for the later rounds of the Promotion will be required to sign clearance forms in connection with appearances on the Sky Poker television channel. 13. Sky Poker’s decision in relation to the selection of participants for the Promotion will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. 14. The Promotion is only open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over and to playerswho have registered and opened accounts with Sky Poker. 15. The Promotion is not open to employees or agencies of Sky Poker, their family members or anyone else connected to the Promotion. 16. The winner(s) of the Competition will receive an entry to a Sky Poker Tour event up to a value of £100, an entry to a professional scale event up to a value of £1,000 and an entry to the main event of the 2010 World Series of Poker in Las Vegas up to a value of  $10,000.  Reasonable hotel and travel expenses will also be provided.. 17. The winner will be announced on [Saturday 6 March 2010]. 18. The winner will be selected following an online vote where each Sky Poker player will be eligible to cast one vote. 19. The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes. Sky Poker accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize, including, without limitation, meals, living expenses, insurance and transfers. 20. Sky Poker retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control. 21. For all prizes that include any form of travel, the winner  must have a valid passport and carry all necessary documents (including visas, if necessary). The winners of this prize will be expected to organise their own travel to any departure destination and will be responsible for all additional costs and expenses associated with using this prize including travel to and from the airport, transfers, meals, hotel mini bar and/or phone calls, travel insurance, loss of usage. We suggest that the winner should arrange suitable travel insurance to cover the trip. 22. Participation in the Promotion constitutes permission for Sky Poker and/or their associated, affiliated and subsidiary companies to use the names and photographs of participants for publishing purposes at its discretion. All winners may be required to participate in such publicity as Sky Poker reasonably requires. 23. Sky accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of participating in the Promotion or accepting the prize. Sky Poker further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the promotion. Nothing shall exclude the liability of Sky Poker for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence. 24. Sky Poker reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Promotion with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control. 25. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions proves to be illegal or unenforceable, this shall not prevent the remaining provisions continuing in full force and effect. 26. Sky Poker may rely upon and enforce these Terms and Conditions. 27. The promotion will be governed by the law of England and Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
    Posted by 35suited
     soz  tk i know you said the term and conditions,

are there for everyone to see from the start ,

but highlighted above rule,

does this mean wsop changed their rules,

and no longer require a player to be 21 years old or over to enter ?

• edited January 2010
    Nice1 guys congrats on the picks have only played with Jakally out of you 3 but he is a very good solid player and reads the game well, ben and phil seem both like nice guys too.
  • edited January 2010
    Can't tell you all how excited I am to be a part of this project and Sky Poker. Thank you all for participating. It was extremely difficult to only choose three. Having said that, my three rock! Can't wait to win this thing!
  • edited January 2010
    Can't tell you all how excited I am to be a part of this project and Sky Poker. Thank you all for participating. It was extremely difficult to only choose three. Having said that, my three rock! Can't wait to win this thing!
    Posted by DAVID_T
    3 excellent picks David.
    With the standard of player selected so far, it looks like it's going to be a tremendous competition.