You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Great post James.  enuff said!  

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    the 10 occlock special  or saturday night special
    Posted by robert1941
    Hi Robert,

Thank you - I think! - but I'm not sure what your queston is?
  • edited December 2009

Yes, a fine Post by lJAMESl. Good luck in it James.

I will answer Ski-Cowboys multi-part question later, bear with us please.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : That (the Low-Level Player issue) is factually & wholly incorrect Col, but Sky-Ling will reply. As to...... "....then it should be squashed by being totally open....." What exactly do you think we have not been totally open about? Do you really think we are capable of being disingenuos? (Rhetotical!)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tony,
    Please dont think i have any problem with the way this event is being run. I was just putting some of the comments i have heard, in other parts of the forum, on this thread. I, personally, have never had cause to question Skys honesty, i was just trying to provide a solution to silence any critics., in my own hamfisted way.

col
  • edited December 2009
    Perfect post james, sums it up really.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Hi Tony, Please dont think i have any problem with the way this event is being run. I was just putting some of the comments i have heard, in other parts of the forum, on this thread. I, personally, have never had cause to question Skys honesty, i was just trying to provide a solution to silence any critics., in my own hamfisted way. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Lol Col, not "hamfisted" at all.

Every question has been answered transparently & fully, & the T & C's are clearly set out. 

Every Sky Poker player will be entitled to a vote, & it won't be via a Forum poll, either.
  • edited December 2009
    who are the players do we know
  • edited December 2009
    who are the players do we know
    Posted by SHAUNY
    If you mean who are the 6 Mentor Picks to date, they are......

cottlad

cowgomoo

dantb10

penguin7

pokerbcity

sharksbite

There will be a minimum of 12 more Mentor Picks, probably slightly more, due to no-shows or those who don't make the grade.

I'm delighted for all 6 of them to date, but will root just as enthusiastically for the rest of them, too.

The Winner will deseve to win. & I hope everyone backs him or her all the way. And I'm pretty sure they will. Stand by for 6 or 7 month of huge fun!
  • edited December 2009
    As one of the prizes for the TP is a seat in the WSOP does this mean there won't be a Sky Vegas competition in 2010?
  • edited December 2009
    As one of the prizes for the TP is a seat in the WSOP does this mean there won't be a Sky Vegas competition in 2010?
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Not at all Steve. Nor does it mean there will!

The Viva Las Vegas thing & Total Player are entirely different things. The winner of Total Player will go to Vegas, & if past performance is anything to go by, will be properly looked after out there, as all the Viva Las Vegas winners were both years.

Will there be a Sky Poker Viva Las Vegas & Vegas Lite in 2010?

I've no idea, I'm not party to that decision, or planning. But I'd be quite surprised if there were not.

Only the Suits can answer that, but we won't have long to wait to know, as Qualification usually starts in February or March.
  • edited December 2009
    Tony , sometimes it's like drawing teeth with you  ..*big sigh"  at last the answer !!

Quote.
    "Every Sky Poker player will be entitled to a vote, & it won't be via a Forum poll, either."
     That's the question I  was asking all-along, about a forum poll ..    

big *sigh* of relief ......   :))
  • edited December 2009

That was magic! I was about to reply to Daz's Post & it plum disappeared.

Now I've forgotten the question......
  • edited December 2009
    I have just been reading the Ts & Cs.

2. The top 10 players in each section will be determined as those with the highest total profit  in that week, within that level of play.

There is only 1 MTT section so a player playing 1 high stakes MTT with a buy-in of £33 and winning £3500, would score much, much higher in total profit than a player winning 3 low stakes MTTs with a buy-in of £2.20 each and winnings of £60 each. This does seem to be very biased towards high stakes MTT players or have I got this wrong and total profit is actually being calculated as a percentage of total stake? Surely, calculating total profitvs total stake as a perc4ntage would be a much fairer way of determining the top 10.
  • edited December 2009
    I have just been reading the Ts & Cs. 2. The top 10 players in each section will be determined as those with the highest total profit  in that week, within that level of play. There is only 1 MTT section so a player playing 1 high stakes MTT with a buy-in of £33 and winning £3500, would score much, much higher in total profit than a player winning 3 low stakes MTTs with a buy-in of £2.20 each and winnings of £60 each. This does seem to be very biased towards high stakes MTT players or have I got this wrong and total profit is actually being calculated as a percentage of total stake? Surely, calculating total profitvs total stake as a perc4ntage would be a much fairer way of determining the top 10.
    Posted by Seagull158
    It also states that you must play a minimum of 7 MTT's.
  • edited December 2009
    whoevers got won most points and pounds from cash and mtt combined is quite clearly the player to pick, period.
  • edited December 2009

If the top 10 from each catagory are considered each week.....can someone help me define the catagories?

In cash.....

What is classed as low stakes cash? - Level wise.....

When do low stakes become mid stakes?

The mid stakes to high stakes isnt releveant to me I dnt think, but might be for some, so what level is the point that mid stakes become high?

Thanx for ya help!

DOHH

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : It also states that you must play a minimum of 7 MTT's.
    Posted by phil12uk
    Player A plays 7 MTTS, each with £33 buyin, wins 1 for £3500 and doesn't get near the cash in the other 6. Total profit = £3269.
    Player B plays 7 MTTs, each with £2.20 buyin, wins all 7 for £60 each. Total profit = £404.60

How is low stakes MTT player EVER going to get in top 10?

• edited December 2009
    If the top 10 from each catagory are considered each week.....can someone help me define the catagories? In cash..... What is classed as low stakes cash? - Level wise..... When do low stakes become mid stakes? The mid stakes to high stakes isnt releveant to me I dnt think, but might be for some, so what level is the point that mid stakes become high? Thanx for ya help! DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    the following criteria for selection (the “Selection Criteria”) (real money play only is eligible for consideration):

a. Top 10 Cash players at low blind level (2p/4p to 15p/30p);
    b. Top 10 Cash players at medium blind level (20p/40p to 50p/£1);
    c. Top 10 Cash players at high blind level (£1/£2 and above);
    d. Top 10 Single Table Tournament players (Sit ‘n’ Go); and
    e. Top 10 Multi Table Tournament players.

• edited December 2009

Ive no idea how I got thru the low stakes catagory then.

I rekon any mid stakes player 25/50, with ambitions of making it thru in the total player, shud move down to 15/30. - I must have played once maybe twice at this level and got thru.

The sharks are coming!!!! Mind just had an open ended straight flush draw on the turn on 10p/20p, moved all in against a fella with 8 quid left and got called by ace 2, no pair, no draw, and lost!!!

They can't half read a player down there!

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : If you mean who are the 6 Mentor Picks to date, they are...... cottlad cowgomoo dantb10 penguin7 pokerbcity sharksbite There will be a minimum of 12 more Mentor Picks, probably slightly more, due to no-shows or those who don't make the grade. I'm delighted for all 6 of them to date, but will root just as enthusiastically for the rest of them, too. The Winner will deseve to win. & I hope everyone backs him or her all the way. And I'm pretty sure they will. Stand by for 6 or 7 month of huge fun!
    Posted by Tikay10
    im seem to be doing ok how do you get a pick tikay cheers mate hope to see you at luton
  • edited December 2009

i started playing on line poker 5 years ago,with $100 three years later $9,000 up.then gave sky a go when i put £50 in account so far £4,900 up.i do not play cash tables mostly mtt and omaha,bank roll should be the main aim of all poker players otherwise we will go the same way as the yanks and people will be losing there homes with gambling debts.we have to be careful not to tempt our players to play above there bank rolls to get noticed for thier play.players who play in there bank rolls year in year out and have fun,love the game and come out on top are all total players to me.i put my poker winnings to family holidays,so my love of poker stays the fun and banter it should be.with out the stress that hi rolling must bring to us and our nearest and dearest.so be careful in the race to get noticed my sky poker friends and please play WITHIN YOUR BANK ROLL happy new year to all even the orfords lol XXXXXXXXXXX            

• edited December 2009
    i started playing on line poker 5 years ago,with $100 three years later $9,000 up.then gave sky a go when i put £50 in account so far £4,900 up.i do not play cash tables mostly mtt and omaha,bank roll should be the main aim of all poker players otherwise we will go the same way as the yanks and people will be losing there homes with gambling debts.we have to be careful not to tempt our players to play above there bank rolls to get noticed for thier play.players who play in there bank rolls year in year out and have fun,love the game and come out on top are all total players to me.i put my poker winnings to family holidays,so my love of poker stays the fun and banter it should be.with out the stress that hi rolling must bring to us and our nearest and dearest.so be careful in the race to get noticed my sky poker friends and please play WITHIN YOUR BANK ROLL happy new year to all even the orfords lol XXXXXXXXXXX            
    Posted by trevil25
    good post m8... totaly in agreement  happy new year to you too
  • edited December 2009

I'm a little pulled out today, trying to get caught up on scores of PM's & stuff, (answering my PM's is like painting the Forth Bridge, it's never-ending!), so I'll pick up the questions - if nobody else does - on Saturday, when I'm back in the Office, if you don't mind guys.

Meanwhile, from all the Total Player Team, a happy new year to you all. It's going to be a VERY happy year for our Total Player winner, that's for sure.

And whoever he or she is, I'm sure every one of you will Rail them every yard of what's going to be a very long & exciting journey.
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by trevil25
    I agree trev, u make a lot of sense, only play for fun, with what u can afford to lose,
    happy new year guys

adrian
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by trevil25
    I agree with you m8 - sadly I dont think our play on the PLO MTT's will be given consideration
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : I agree with you m8 - sadly I dont think our play on the PLO MTT's will be given consideration
    Posted by Rattious
    the post was about bankroll and the dangers of striving to impress etc etc but thanx any rat  
  • edited January 2010
    COWGOMOO

Did you play CNC back in the day?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : +1 when this whole thing started i had a list in my mind of the players who i thought would be picked and lolufold was at the top of it....the list consisted of lolufold sharksbite Pokerbcity angie1970 dantb10 TheSwiss Gliterbabe Gerrard9 Scotty77 Dohhhhh Oynutter 3 of them have made it already and im pretty sure u will see a few more off that list get picked at some point! but im sorry if lolufold aint selected its a bit of a joke!
    Posted by Eagle26
    WOW!---THANKS EAGLE!!---for putting me up there with the big boys (shome mishtake shorely), lol--unfortunately I can't play much at all at the moment, due to technical issues, but you never know ya luck innit!---great confidence boost though---cheers m8 !
  • edited January 2010

I will pick up on the unanswered questions shortly, bear with me, I've been Offline since Thursday.

But for now, it's Saturday again, so tonight is Total Player night, & we will see the third batch of Mentor Picks this evening, this time it's David doing the selections.

Just a reminder, the 6 Mentor Picks to date are.....

cottlad

cowgomoo

dantb10

penguin7

pokerbcity

sharksbite

They will be joined by three more tonight.

The Show will be Live, at 10pm, on Channel 865, straight after Master Cash.
  • edited January 2010

None of us know who tonight's Picks are, or will be, only David knows that, & the first Rich & I will know of their identity is when David does his "reveal" in the last 15 minutes or so of tonight's Show.

But I do know that of the short-listed Ten......

TWO are Low Stakes Cash players.

THREE are Tournament players.

TWO are Mid-Stakes Cash players.

TWO are SNG players.

ONE is a High-Stakes Cash player.

Remember, in effect, qualification is weekly. Even if you don't get picked tonight, everyone starts with a clean slate each week, so it's not over until the overly plump lady gives forth.