You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited December 2009
    very well done to the three selected tonight and a big challenge ahead for all of us that are still trying good luck to one and all
  • edited December 2009
    Hi just seen a total poker player COWGOMOO on sky poker at the sam time i was playing him on master cash table 10 for an hour and he is pathetic every hand i was involved with him i came out on top he gave me hords of abuse and yet i still continued to take his money his excuse was it was just for fun what a great choice you made i out played him, used his useless game against him , got him  to bet with the worst , re raise with pathetic hands and fold the best hand and during this time he  criisised us for being , in his words "low level trash" yet 3 players on this table out classed him in a similar way as i did and showed him up for the fool he is ... if i was you swap him for JAMMYBEE , DIABLO1967 , BENDOG40 or my self as we all showd ths fool up and he made himself look silly with his play his speech and his critisism
  • edited December 2009
     Well done all three of you !! Wow ! Dan last week and Will this week.... two legends on the cash tables. Really pleased to see Naomi in....our paths have crossed many times in tournys ...a great player and always a lady.Dont think I have played you Cowgomoo but good luck.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Guys,
    First of all congratulations to Pokerbcity and Cowgomoo who also made top 3 wd! and very deserved.
    There was alot of strong competition in the Top 10, so I am absolutely thrilled to be given this opportunity. I just hope I survive the expectations!

Poker is a huge passion for me, and am always looking to improve my game, I am so excited, Thank you Matt!
    I will do my upmost over the coming weeks to play to my best ability and look forward to the advice and challenges given by Matt.

Thanks again guys
    Naomi
  • edited December 2009

pokerbcity gets picked for total player ,

he has been over twice representing skypoker in vegas ,

its a shame someone new could not have been put forward,

just my thoughts ,

there is a lot of very good players on sky ,

that should have been giving that chance,

it seems matt you played it safe,

i think the mentors should not be on a percentage of the players winnings ,

they are disregarding  improving players for the safer more established players,

hence it has hindered this contest,

the mentors should have been payed a flat once off fee .

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    3 great piks!! This is gonna be one tough competition!! Well done naomi, will and john
    Posted by dantb10
    Thanks Dan, and yes it certainly will lol let the fun begin!:)
  • edited December 2009
    Just to reiterate:

All players featured in this evening's TOTAL PLAYER fulfilled the requirement of being in the top 50 most successful players on Sky Poker during the selection period.

From those 50, players were asked to provide hand histories with additional notes to explain their thinking, the mentor used this information to determine his final 10, and subsequent final 3.

Every player who made the top 10 deserved to be there - and it is now their responsibility to keep their spot and earn the respect of fellow players if they're to have any hope of becoming Sky Poker's TOTAL PLAYER.

We want the best in all respects, game, style and ability.

Lets pick a winner together!
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Guys, First of all congratulations to Pokerbcity and Cowgomoo who also made top 3 wd! and very deserved. There was alot of strong competition in the Top 10, so I am absolutely thrilled to be given this opportunity. I just hope I survive the expectations! Poker is a huge passion for me, and am always looking to improve my game, I am so excited, Thank you Matt! I will do my upmost over the coming weeks to play to my best ability and look forward to the advice and challenges given by Matt. Thanks again guys Naomi
    Posted by Sharksbite
    Nice one Naomi, well deserved.

• edited December 2009
    pokerbcity gets picked for total player , he has been over twice representing skypoker in vegas , its a shame someone new could not have been put forward, just my thoughts , there is a lot of very good players on sky , that should have been giving that chance, it seems matt you played it safe, i think the mentors should not be on a percentage of the players winnings , they are disregarding  improving players for the safer more established players, hence it has hindered this contest, the mentors should have been payed a flat once off fee .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    I understand your thinking about this,it would be great for a new player to have a chance, but as someone who has already been picked I have no problems at all with the selection of Will (or Dan). Yes its going to be tough, but at the end of the day its about good poker, and I relish the challenge of pitting my wits against them and all of the other great players. Personally I would like the eventual winner to come from one of our tournament regulars because I see how good they are every day, but Dan and Will are also awesome tournament players. The other thing to remember is the eventual winner will be chosen by us on the forum, which will be the opportunity for you,and others to express their views
  • edited December 2009

I hear what Rover says, but it would seem to me to be incredibly unfair to bar ANY Sky Poker player from this just because he or she has been successful previously.

Anyway, the Rules are quite clear, & have been since the start - ALL Sky Poker players are eligible.  
  • edited December 2009

My congrats to tonight's picks - well done you three. Now the fun begins!
  • edited December 2009
    who went thru?
  • edited December 2009
    sharksbite, pokerbcity & cowgomoo
  • edited December 2009
    Dohhhhhhh !!!!! Congratulations. and good luck! - JJ
  • edited December 2009
    I hear what Rover says, but it would seem to me to be incredibly unfair to bar ANY Sky Poker player from this just because he or she has been successful previously. Anyway, the Rules are quite clear, & have been since the start - ALL Sky Poker players are eligible.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    When I get to Vegas, Tikay, could you please bar Joe Cada,Peter Eastgate and that Hellmuth fellow coz they have won the WSOP before.
  • edited December 2009
    I hear what Rover says, but it would seem to me to be incredibly unfair to bar ANY Sky Poker player from this just because he or she has been successful previously. Anyway, the Rules are quite clear, & have been since the start - ALL Sky Poker players are eligible.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    stop doing a pr spin on  my post tk i never said bar ,

its unfair,

ty tk

• edited December 2009
    at the end it says the forum will decide, can you shed any light on what form the voting is gonna be, is it gonna be like the x factor, where the public vote and the mentors then still decide or will it be a forum decision entirely??
  • edited December 2009
    Im the best poker player in the world, one day I willl prove it! I AM! the total player.

:)  

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : When I get to Vegas, Tikay, could you please bar Joe Cada,Peter Eastgate and that Hellmuth fellow coz they have won the WSOP before.
    Posted by penguin7
    when you get to vegas penguin,

i hope you read the players ,

better then you read my posts
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : stop doing a pr spin on  my post tk i never said bar , its unfair, ty tk
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Sorry Rover, but I'm not sure what word you want me to use. As I understood it, you seemed to be saying it was unfair, or wrong, that one particular player was allowed to compete, because he'd been successful previously. 

It was not "PR spin", those are the Rules. EVERYONE is eligible. And I'd defend that right were it were you, or any other Player.

Apologies if I have misconstrued your Post. But I'm really not sure why Pokerbcity should not be given the same opportunity as every other player. And vice-versa.

• edited December 2009
    at the end it says the forum will decide, can you shed any light on what form the voting is gonna be, is it gonna be like the x factor, where the public vote and the mentors then still decide or will it be a forum decision entirely??
    Posted by loonytoons
    As far as I'm aware, it will be down to a Forum Vote Mr Loony.
  • edited December 2009
    pokerbcity gets picked for total player , he has been over twice representing skypoker in vegas , its a shame someone new could not have been put forward, just my thoughts , there is a lot of very good players on sky , that should have been giving that chance, it seems matt you played it safe, i think the mentors should not be on a percentage of the players winnings , they are disregarding  improving players for the safer more established players, hence it has hindered this contest, the mentors should have been payed a flat once off fee .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    this is not bar the player ,

i have highlighted my point ,

it is showing that the rules are in favour of the high rollers
  • edited December 2009
    TOTAL POKER you lot at sky wouldn't know what that was if it jumped up and bit you, i've played here for a couple of years now and the standard gets worse every day, luck wins on this site not skill even the primo was taken down last week by a bingo player and the analysts said well played to a player who called every shove and got lucky. Thats not well played thats LUCK not SKILL maybe the presenters should learn the difference before the decide on a 'TOTAL PLAYER'  
  • edited December 2009
    well done all 3 and if i was matt i wudda picked pokerb city and sharksbite . i would definatly wanted those 2 in my team. well done and very good luck. x anj.
  • edited December 2009
    well done all 3 and if i was matt i wudda picked pokerb city and sharksbite . i would definatly wanted those 2 in my team. well done and very good luck. x anj.
    Posted by anjie1970
    of course you would pick pokerbcity if you were matt ,

so would i,

if i was on 10o/o of that players winnings,

that cashed twice in wsop,

its a no brainer,

this is why it favours the established high roller player.

why would anyone pick a improving player ,

and take the chance of losing their 10o/o  cut in that players winnings,

hence this contest favours the high rollers ,

and should not be advertised for:

improving players no matter what level they play.

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : this is not bar the player , i have highlighted my point , it is showing that the rules are in favour of the high rollers .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    i agree rover, whilst i thought this was a great competion, i also felt very uneasy with the 10% part,as you said,they will tend to pick the established players instead of taking a risk with an up and comming player.  
  • edited December 2009

Just watching the repeat of total player, chuffed to get on the show :)

Surprised I was classed as a low stakes cash player though, - I play 25/50p ......theres loads of lower levels than that. Also the other fella who got in the top 2 of my catagory was playing 50p/£1.....Low stakes???

Going to watch the rest of the show knowing I don't get thru! :( haha - gl to the qualifiers, wp!

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    Just watching the repeat of total player, chuffed to get on the show :) Surprised I was classed as a low stakes cash player though, - I play 25/50p ......theres loads of lower levels than that. Also the other fella who got in the top 2 of my catagory was playing 50p/£1.....Low stakes??? Going to watch the rest of the show knowing I don't get thru! :( haha - gl to the qualifiers, wp! DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Well you missed last night, but you have far from "failed" - there are 4 more weeks of Mentor Picks, & even beyond that, players still have a chance of replacing Picks who are not cutting the mustard.

So it's not true to say you did not get through - you still have every chance. Good Luck.
  • edited December 2009

There seems to be some confusion about mentors picks, & how some think they favour High Rollers.

Can I remind everyone that the final TOTAL PLAYER will be chosen by the SKY POKER PLAYERS, via a Vote on this Forum.

The Mentors will make their picks, then they'll do their Boot-Camp phase, to see if there are areas where their games can improve, & only then will the winner be selected. And that final selection, of the WINNER will by via a Vote of Sky Poker players.

We all hope that the eventual winner will be someone we can "Rail" all the way in the three Tourneys, & as that winner will have been chosen by the Community, we can get behind him or her & support them fully. So this thing, really, will last until July, in Vegas, & I hope every one of us supports the winner the whole way. So, in a way, we all win, because "one of ours" will be out there, representing us. The Forum Threads on that alone will be immense!
  • edited December 2009
    There seems to be some confusion about mentors picks, & how some think they favour High Rollers. Can I remind everyone that the final TOTAL PLAYER will be chosen by the SKY POKER PLAYERS, via a Vote on this Forum. The Mentors will make their picks, then they'll do their Boot-Camp phase, to see if there are areas where their games can improve, & only then will the winner be selected. And that final selection, of the WINNER will by via a Vote of Sky Poker players. We all hope that the eventual winner will be someone we can "Rail" all the way in the three Tourneys, & as that winner will have been chosen by the Community, we can get behind him or her & support them fully. So this thing, really, will last until July, in Vegas, & I hope every one of us supports the winner the whole way. So, in a way, we all win, because "one of ours" will be out there, representing us. The Forum Threads on that alone will be immense!
    Posted by Tikay10
    November, surely!!!