You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

any1 else sick of getting completely robbed

just wondering if any1 else gets told the same lies from sky poker by the hands it puts out, totally unreal flops and bad calls from fishing players leads to a combination of aahhhhhhhhhhhss and grrrrrrrrrrss etc, and these players are just gambling to my mind, just calling flops and raises with any cards all the time and yes the odd "I fancy that" is ok we all do it but every hand I think not, you know sky has a vegas website for that.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to any1 else sick of getting completely robbed:
    just wondering if any1 else gets told the same lies from sky poker by the hands it puts out, totally unreal flops and bad calls from fishing players leads to a combination of aahhhhhhhhhhhss and grrrrrrrrrrss etc, and these players are just gambling to my mind, just calling flops and raises with any cards all the time and yes the odd "I fancy that" is ok we all do it but every hand I think not, you know sky has a vegas website for that.
    Posted by ROTTIE2010
    Be cafefull the community here will have you hung! God forgive, someone speaks against them! 
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed:
    In Response to any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : Be cafefull the community here will have you hung! God forgive, someone speaks against them! 
    Posted by Waddell93
    ha, but do I have a point or am I jus a bit bias and still reeling from 9 bad beats out of 11hands (ish)
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : ha, but do I have a point or am I jus a bit bias and still reeling from 9 bad beats out of 11hands (ish)
    Posted by ROTTIE2010
    There are manu 100's of people on sky poker that agree completely! However it seems to be common law round here that ur never aloud to blame anything other than yourself lol. 

In my short experience on sky poker, the most you can expect to win is 60% of the time you are ahead. Irrelevent of 80/20 - 70/30 - 50/50 pre or on flop¬ 
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : There are manu 100's of people on sky poker that agree completely! However it seems to be common law round here that ur never aloud to blame anything other than yourself lol.  In my short experience on sky poker, the most you can expect to win is 60% of the time you are ahead. Irrelevent of 80/20 - 70/30 - 50/50 pre or on flop¬ 
    Posted by Waddell93
    thanks man, jus glad to know I am not alone. and I know sometimes it is bad or poor play on my part I am not saying its never the player in question
  • edited December 2013
    Oh good. Nice to have a pointless 'sky poker is fixed' thread again. It helps identify which villages are up to their full compliment. Well done all - as you were. 
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : ha, but do I have a point or am I jus a bit bias and still reeling from 9 bad beats out of 11hands (ish)
    Posted by ROTTIE2010
    Ok, post the 11 hands and we can give you some advice
  • edited December 2013
    Oh good. Nice to have a pointless 'sky poker is fixed' thread again. It helps identify which villages are up to their full compliment. Well done all - as you were. 
    Posted by Das_Boot
    This did make me laugh :)
  • edited December 2013
    Get yourselves on my table fella`s , i`m a total spewdonkfish!!!

See below...............  lol!!!!
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    sue720 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £1.48
    Mr_Deef Big blind  £0.05 £0.10 £8.92
     Your hole cards

xxxx Call  £0.05 £0.15 £3.24
    davelufc Raise  £0.15 £0.30 £6.60
    neilross06 Call  £0.15 £0.45 £9.09
    sue720 Call  £0.10 £0.55 £1.38
    Mr_Deef Fold     
    xxxx Call  £0.10 £0.65 £3.14
    Flop

• A
    • A

sue720 Check     
    xxxx Check     
    davelufc Bet  £0.49 £1.14 £6.11
    neilross06 Fold     
    sue720 Fold     
    xxxx Call  £0.49 £1.63 £2.65
    Turn

xxxx Check     
    davelufc Bet  £1.22 £2.85 £4.89
    xxxx Call  £1.22 £4.07 £1.43
    River

xxxx Check     
    davelufc All-in  £4.89 £8.96 £0.00
    xxxx Fold     
    davelufc Muck     
    davelufc Win  £3.76  £3.76
    davelufc Return  £4.89 £0.31 £8.65
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : Ok, post the 11 hands and we can give you some advice
    Posted by cenachav
    And you're qualified to do this.....how?
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : And you're qualified to do this.....how?
    Posted by igimc
    You have to be qualified to give advice on hands? News to me...
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : And you're qualified to do this.....how?
    Posted by igimc
    I have a degree in advice giving from Mars University
  • edited December 2013
    Igimc has a degree in trolling so I am sure you can get one for advice giving also.
  • edited December 2013
    Sigh. Can't help myself

100's of people who agree Waddle?
    How do we know this? Do you have group meetings? 

Hanging is a bit strong.
    Think I would just go with putting you in the stocks and allowing rotting fruit to be thrown at you
  • edited December 2013
    Sigh. Can't help myself 100's of people who agree Waddle? How do we know this? Do you have group meetings?  Hanging is a bit strong. Think I would just go with putting you in the stocks and allowing rotting fruit to be thrown at you
    Posted by Jac35
    Yawn get a life u fool! As usual you have proved my point! 
    thankyou come again! 
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : Yawn get a life u fool! As usual you have proved my point!  thankyou come again! 
    Posted by Waddell93
    What a dunce.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : Yawn get a life u fool! As usual you have proved my point!  thankyou come again! 
    Posted by Waddell93
    On appeal
    Sentence has been upgraded to your original idea
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : On appeal Sentence has been upgraded to your original idea
    Posted by Jac35

Yawn
  • edited December 2013
    You asked me to reply but then yawned.
    Make your mind up.

I won't lower myself to get into the name calling stuff.
    Instead, I'll ask a question. 
    Why do you play on here? If you genuinely think that the game isn't straight, then surely you would play somewhere else?
  • edited December 2013
    You asked me to reply but then yawned. Make your mind up. I won't lower myself to get into the name calling stuff. Instead, I'll ask a question.  Why do you play on here? If you genuinely think that the game isn't straight, then surely you would play somewhere else?
    Posted by Jac35

Tell you what! How about... you leave me alone, dont comment on or about any of my posts/hands and or anything to do with me! NOBODY cares about what you think of me and my opinions! i can say and post what ever i like, whenever i like unless Sky poker bans or blocks me! 

when the forum is called Brags, BEATS and Variance, dont be surprised that many a player will post about there beats.

Now please, i ask you, oh great wonderful smart man! Can u find a way to please, in the nicest  possible way GO AWAY ;)
  • edited December 2013
    Waggle
    I'm very sorry.
    I had no idea that I was upsetting you so much.
    You are, of course, absolutely right.
    I shall not bother you again.
  • edited December 2013
    We have such lovely players on Sky.

Lovely, lovely players.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : thanks man, jus glad to know I am not alone. and I know sometimes it is bad or poor play on my part I am not saying its never the player in question
    Posted by ROTTIE2010

no your deninatly not alone mate, loads of people think the same as you and waddel93, they all have one thing in common though, they dont win money at poker and it frustrates the life out of them and they need somethnig to blame other than themselves.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed :   no your deninatly not alone mate, loads of people think the same as you and waddel93, they all have one thing in common though, they dont win money at poker and it frustrates the life out of them and they need somethnig to blame other than themselves.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    All due respect Rock, you dont have a clue if im a profitable player or not! 
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : All due respect Rock, you dont have a clue if im a profitable player or not! 
    Posted by Waddell93
    ok i take that back, ive had a look at your stats and your in ok profit for the stakes you play. generally though the complainers are losers at the game.
  • edited December 2013
    Waggle I'm very sorry. I had no idea that I was upsetting you so much. You are, of course, absolutehall not bother you again.
    Posted by Jac35
    Fair play, I love how the likes of James Hartigan etc bang on about the 'Friendly forum' and whats so great about sky is the 'community of people willing to help' Absolute BS.

Jac, how arrogant and ignorant your responses are is embarrassing.

The guy is making a general observation, which I for one agree with & as do a lot of other Sky players. I keep playing with Sky because I enjoy playing Poker, as a hobby with spare money each week but the site and RNG absolultely reeks!

Anyway all im saying is the guy makes a post about his opinions on Sky and once again all the Sky regs berate him, mock, take the mick, and the sarcastic answers are so childish - Just a bad community in general.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : Fair play, I love how the likes of James Hartigan etc bang on about the 'Friendly forum' and whats so great about sky is the 'community of people willing to help' Absolute BS. Jac, how arrogant and ignorant your responses are is embarrassing. The guy is making a general observation, which I for one agree with & as do a lot of other Sky players. I keep playing with Sky because I enjoy playing Poker, as a hobby with spare money each week but the site and RNG absolultely reeks! Anyway all im saying is the guy makes a post about his opinions on Sky and once again all the Sky regs berate him, mock, take the mick, and the sarcastic answers are so childish - Just a bad community in general.
    Posted by mrdavies
    Your comments might be quite interesting were it not for the fact that you play on a site which you effectivly believe to be rigged.  As a result I can only assume that you are a couple of sprouts short of the full Xmas lunch and therefore can safely be ignored.  there are other sites you know.....
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : Your comments might be quite interesting were it not for the fact that you play on a site which you effectivly believe to be rigged.  As a result I can only assume that you are a couple of sprouts short of the full Xmas lunch and therefore can safely be ignored.  there are other sites you know.....
    Posted by Das_Boot
    So, if I can 'safely be ignored' why have you just responded to me?!

I don't recall quoting the words the site is rigged either...
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : Fair play, I love how the likes of James Hartigan etc bang on about the 'Friendly forum' and whats so great about sky is the 'community of people willing to help' Absolute BS. Jac, how arrogant and ignorant your responses are is embarrassing. The guy is making a general observation, which I for one agree with & as do a lot of other Sky players. I keep playing with Sky because I enjoy playing Poker, as a hobby with spare money each week but the site and RNG absolultely reeks! Anyway all im saying is the guy makes a post about his opinions on Sky and once again all the Sky regs berate him, mock, take the mick, and the sarcastic answers are so childish - Just a bad community in general.
    Posted by mrdavies
    this forum is very friendly to be honest,often a few over heated debates on certian topics but thats life, only people that get a lot of stick are the headcases who claim the rng is dodgy, i actually find people who make these claims about the site to be quite ignorant in a way because they clearly just dont understand the game and are making no effort to try, they just want to slander the site.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : Fair play, I love how the likes of James Hartigan etc bang on about the 'Friendly forum' and whats so great about sky is the 'community of people willing to help'
    I'm pretty new here and everyone has been really great and helpful with me.

I tend to think that people are people wherever you go. If you walked into a member's club and starting mouthing off about how the entire place is corrupt and that it's full of idiots (even if you were completely right)...well, you can't expect a great response can you?

I've only played just over 100 games here so I don't have enough results to say for sure - but I've received good beats and bad beats in that time. Neither has particularly stood out for me. Yesterday I got QQ cracked by AQ but had that balanced by a really lucky river card in another game.

It's possible that a person who gets a lot of bad beats could also be playing badly as well. For example if you play really passively, you can start with the best hand, but you're always giving people a chance to catch up. If you get your opponents to fold more often, you get less bad beats because you're removing variance from the equation.

I notice that the OP hasn't played a huge number of games here yet. Perhaps he has just been unlucky and is currently on the wrong side of variance, and if he played more games it would balance out over time. Or perhaps he is playing badly and would benefit from reviewing his overall strategy. Could be a combination of the two as well.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : this forum is very friendly to be honest,often a few over heated debates on certian topics but thats life, only people that get a lot of stick are the headcases who claim the rng is dodgy, i actually find people who make these claims about the site to be quite ignorant in a way because they clearly just dont understand the game and are making no effort to try, they just want to slander the site.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    No rock, your quite friendly and can debate it seems in a mature manner rather than having to call people by their wrong like mis-spelling it and just general sarcasm purely because people are going agasint Sky Poker. Its friendly until someone says something about their beloved Sky, then comes the sarcasm and general poor attitude, where certain people think their better and clever.

I definitely understand the game I just feel disillusioned with the site, it constantly makes me scratch my head and thats when Im getting bad beat or if I am giving them! perhaps questioniong the RNG is off the mark, but now and again its just not right. surely I am entitled to this opinion, I have played on sky every week for over 10 years?