You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

any1 else sick of getting completely robbed

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Sky aint been going anywhere near 10 years Mr Davies!

Quality thread though.

There are lots of sites out there that are much more 'fun' for recreational players, I don't know why you would chose sky, especially if you have doubts about way the cards are dealt.

Have a look around and try out some of the others. If you have genuine concerns about the fairness of this site I'm sure you wont look back.

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed:
    Sky aint been going anywhere near 10 years Mr Davies! Quality thread though. There are lots of sites out there that are much more 'fun' for recreational players, I don't know why you would chose sky, especially if you have doubts about way the cards are dealt. Have a look around and try out some of the others. If you have genuine concerns about the fairness of this site I'm sure you wont look back.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

lol, must be close to ten years?! not far off anyway.

Ye agreed Doh, I like Sky because of the software and can play in browser, but I am cooling off for a bit now and guna play with Titan in the new year.

Just keep Sky for sports betting, mind you they are the worst for prices too ;-).
  • edited December 2013
    I think another reason why a lot of regs get sick and tired of these the rng is fixed/rigged threads is that on some level it's insulting.

A lot of regulars on the forum have made decent profits/results over long periods which they feel they have worked hard to achieve through time spent on the tables and off the table learning to improve and when someone comes on claiming the site/rng is rigged or not accurate this detracts from this achievement somewhat IMO.

It's like saying your success has not been based on your skill but more down to a dodgy rng. Similar to when a team wins the league/cup but then detractors say it was only because the ref gave a dodgy penalty!
  • edited December 2013
    Funniest thread in a while!

The Skypoker is fixed, by the following oh yes it is! Oh no it insn't!

Quality pantomime.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : No rock, your quite friendly and can debate it seems in a mature manner rather than having to call people by their wrong like mis-spelling it and just general sarcasm purely because people are going agasint Sky Poker. Its friendly until someone says something about their beloved Sky, then comes the sarcasm and general poor attitude, where certain people think their better and clever. I definitely understand the game I just feel disillusioned with the site, it constantly makes me scratch my head and thats when Im getting bad beat or if I am giving them! perhaps questioniong the RNG is off the mark, but now and again its just not right. surely I am entitled to this opinion, I have played on sky every week for over 10 years?
    Posted by mrdavies
    you remind me of a friend i have, allways plays in the games down the pub we have, and plays a little online ( he knows the rules of poker so this means hes a good player in his eyes) , anyway he plays terrible in the pub and i can see why he loses online, all i hear from him though is oh my aces allways get beat online, oh i allways get so unlucky online, its definatly rigged. is there any point in me trying to educate him??? no not really because they dont care enough to want to be educated they just want to look for an excuse as to why things dont go there way. ( not that im an expert or anything but ive won a few bob on here ) , they just think they have a right to win money without putting in any effort in.  the same applies to the majority of people in dodgy rng camp!!! thats my last word anyway, hopefully one day you will understand!!!
  • edited December 2013
    Hey Waddell, just letting you know I finally got round to replying to your PM, sorry about the delay.
  • edited December 2013
    Hey Waddell, just letting you know I finally got round to replying to your PM, sorry about the delay.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Thanks Lambert
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to any1 else sick of getting completely robbed:
    just wondering if any1 else gets told the same lies from sky poker by the hands it puts out, totally unreal flops and bad calls from fishing players leads to a combination of aahhhhhhhhhhhss and grrrrrrrrrrss etc, and these players are just gambling to my mind, just calling flops and raises with any cards all the time and yes the odd "I fancy that" is ok we all do it but every hand I think not, you know sky has a vegas website for that.
    Posted by ROTTIE2010
    Well if you are fed up with being called by rubbish players just gambling with bad hands maybe you should give Phil Ivey a ring and ask him for a game. In fact i think he's even got a site for it.

In all seriousness though Rottie,don,t you think that part of the issue is that you should be identifying these "fish" and taking advantage of their bad play before they get to outdraw you.

By the way sorry for getting to the party so late but i was swimming around in my usual pond getting caught by the fishermen!

• edited December 2013
    have i never thought it might be rigged coz u play ya hands terrible  and moan when ya sucked out on
  • edited December 2013
    Hearty congratulations to ROTTIE2010. 40+ replies to a "Sky poker is rigged" thread is a magnificent response.

My own opinion, everybody has hands/sessions/days/weeks(months if you're Lambert), where things go against them. It does sting a little, emotionally and financially. But for everybody who's running bad there must be somebody catching cards left, right and centre. The key is to attempt to play your hands optimally as often as possible. Calling 3bets with 8 5 off suit may occasionally win you a big pot but most of the time it will lose you medium ones. Everybody pays their money and takes their choice, let the crazy men gamble if they wanna!! Just please no more poker is rigged threads when they win......
  • edited December 2013
    Why is the assumption always that the hand was played poorly??? 

I have sat on many a table, realized the fish! got a premium and outplayed that fish to get all his chips in against my mosnter! (Well played not poorly played) OHH but hang on here comes the famous sky poker runner runner! 

This happens far to much! maybe not for you sky forum regulars but for alot of us it happens over and over and over and over and over!!  Sure as regular players we understand that it will happen, however when it happens more often than your hands holding, theres really not much left to blame other than sky :( 

• edited December 2013
    Why is the assumption always that the hand was played poorly???  I have sat on many a table, realized the fish! got a premium and outplayed that fish to get all his chips in against my mosnter! (Well played not poorly played) OHH but hang on here comes the famous sky poker runner runner!  This happens far to much! maybe not for you sky forum regulars but for alot of us it happens over and over and over and over and over!!  Sure as regular players we understand that it will happen, however when it happens more often than your hands holding, theres really not much left to blame other than sky :( 
    Posted by Waddell93
    That's genius - as if it's not difficult enough to write software for poker you think sky have gone one better to correlate forum posting to the cards which are dealt. And for all that extra effort sky get what exactly?, oh yes diddly squat. 
    Please post more like this - it's hilarious and don't forget it'll improve your sky winnings too!
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to any1 else sick of getting completely robbed:
    just wondering if any1 else gets told the same lies from sky poker by the hands it puts out, totally unreal flops and bad calls from fishing players leads to a combination of aahhhhhhhhhhhss and grrrrrrrrrrss etc, and these players are just gambling to my mind, just calling flops and raises with any cards all the time and yes the odd "I fancy that" is ok we all do it but every hand I think not, you know sky has a vegas website for that.
    Posted by ROTTIE2010
    ITS JUST LIFE MATE WE ALL HAVE BAD LUCK AND GOOD LUCK AS WELL IM A LOW STAKES PLAYER SO I NO EXPERT I HAD A BAD RUN SOME BAD LOOK BUT I ALSO REALISE I MAKE A LOT OF MISTAKES THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE ON HERE WHO WILL HELP OUT ANY QUESTIONS OR HANDS YOU POST GL
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : That's genius - as if it's not difficult enough to write software for poker you think sky have gone one better to correlate forum posting to the cards which are dealt. And for all that extra effort sky get what exactly?, oh yes diddly squat.  Please post more like this - it's hilarious and don't forget it'll improve your sky winnings too!
    Posted by Das_Boot
    Typical childish, sarcastic and simply pathetic answer that i was warning the original poster to be aware of! Clearly your the genius!! 

Brags, BEATS and variance, *T&C - no winging, no blaming others, defo dont blame system. (sorry fool didnt see the small print) 

At what point genius did i say the software was not difficult to write? In fact at what point did i say it would better my winnings? EPIC FAIL, GO HOME! 
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : Typical childish, sarcastic and simply pathetic answer that i was warning the original poster to be aware of! Clearly your the genius!!  Brags, BEATS and variance, *T&C - no winging, no blaming others, defo dont blame system. (sorry fool didnt see the small print)  At what point genius did i say the software was not difficult to write? In fact at what point did i say it would better my winnings? EPIC FAIL, GO HOME! 
    Posted by Waddell93
    Thanks Waddle, childish and sarcastic was where I was aiming - it's all about judging your audience you see. 

All the best with your poker, I hope your 'luck' improves, I really do. 
    Noli illigitemi carborundum decendus
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : That's genius - as if it's not difficult enough to write software for poker you think sky have gone one better to correlate forum posting to the cards which are dealt. And for all that extra effort sky get what exactly?, oh yes diddly squat.  Please post more like this - it's hilarious and don't forget it'll improve your sky winnings too!
    Posted by Das_Boot
    Brilliant.
  • edited December 2013
    Why is the assumption always that the hand was played poorly???  I have sat on many a table, realized the fish! got a premium and outplayed that fish to get all his chips in against my mosnter! (Well played not poorly played) OHH but hang on here comes the famous sky poker runner runner!  This happens far to much! maybe not for you sky forum regulars but for alot of us it happens over and over and over and over and over!!  Sure as regular players we understand that it will happen, however when it happens more often than your hands holding, theres really not much left to blame other than sky :( 
    Posted by Waddell93
    The assumption was that the fish had played the hand(s) badly. 

I don't know how Jac and Harry have the patience to persist in schooling your type.....
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : There are manu 100's of people on sky poker that agree completely! However it seems to be common law round here that ur never aloud to blame anything other than yourself lol.  In my short experience on sky poker, the most you can expect to win is 60% of the time you are ahead. Irrelevent of 80/20 - 70/30 - 50/50 pre or on flop¬ 
    Posted by Waddell93
    If this doesn't get you a TOTP nomination, I'm never playing a card game again.
  • edited December 2013
    OMG I would so love to meat some u people in real life! Your all so big and brave behind your screens arnt you! 
    I wonder would you still have the same attitudes face to face!

There are some great people on this forum, its such a shame that the likes of you few have to tarnish it for everybody! You bombard everyone and anyone who posts anything that you disagree with! To the point that they just dont return. If you really are correct in what you say, then either keep it to yourself or answer people in a friendly, non-offensive way! Posting 'another sky poker is rigged thread' is just unfair as the person posting did not know it had been posted previously. But of course here you brave people come running, giving as much stick as you can to have a chuckle to yourselves about. 

I mean get a life you bunch of freaks! if its a 'sky poker rigged thread' then DONT READ IT! DONT POST ON IT! JUST LEAVE IT BE! ooohhh no, you guys must heckle the person posting! very very sad!  

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : The assumption  was that the fish had played the hand(s) badly.  I don't know how Jac and Harry have the patience to persist in schooling your type.....
    Posted by SJspanky1
    QUOTE - In all seriousness though Rottie,don,t you think that part of the issue is that you should be identifying these "fish" and taking advantage of their bad play before they get to outdraw you.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : If this doesn't get you a TOTP nomination, I'm never playing a card game again.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    what a bell end you really are! 
  • edited December 2013
    "Answer people in a non-offensive friendly way"

Waddle, so far in this thread you have called people
    "Bell end"
    "Fool"
    "Pathetic"
    "Bunch of freaks"

No one is annoyed that you're speaking out against the community. It's just frustrating reading that somehow the game is "fixed"
    Also confusing why anyone who genuinely questions the site being 'straight" would continue playing on it.
    You've ignored any questions and just ranted back at people. You will always get poor responses if you go about it this way.

Take the freeroll questions on the forum at the moment. A couple of people have come on and asked politely. They have been given answers in "a friendly non-offensive way"
    The ones who have just written "I want the password, typical Sky, looking after the regs" have not had such polite responses.

Gl to you

• edited December 2013
    "Answer people in a non-offensive friendly way" Waddle, so far in this thread you have called people "Bell end" "Fool" "Pathetic" No one is annoyed that you're speaking out against the community. It's just frustrating reading that somehow the game is "fixed" Also confusing why anyone who genuinely questions the site being 'straight" would continue playing on it. You've ignored any questions and just ranted back at people. You will always get poor responses if you go about it this way. Take the freeroll questions on the forum at the moment. A couple of people have come on and asked politely. They have been given answers in "a friendly non-offensive way" The ones who have just written "I want the password, typical Sky, looking after the regs" have not had such polite responses. Gl to you
    Posted by Jac35

You have no rite to turn this on me! 
    Read back MY posts? at what point did i say 'this site is rigged'? I didnt did i! however the same people as always, show up and give the same attitude as always! Its not rite and no fare.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : You have no rite to turn this on me!  Read back MY posts? at what point did i say 'this site is rigged'? I didnt did i! however the same people as always, show up and give the same attitude as always! Its not rite and no fare.
    Posted by Waddell93
     Aside from everything else it's right not rite. Anyway, good luck with everything Waddle. 
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed :  Aside from everything else it's right not rite. Anyway, good luck with everything Waddle. 
    Posted by Das_Boot
    Thanks, english not my 1st lang ;)
  • edited December 2013

Currently, there is a post  on the forum discussing the following hands.

4 players holding:  AK /  JQ / JQ / JQ 
    Flop: A / K /10
    Turn: K

An example of why some players become frustrated with the so called - random number generator. I do not believe that it is unreasonable to state that these cards do not appear “random”.  However,  as indicated by Waddle any negative comments directed at the RNG will receive ridicule and abuse.
    What in fact we should be discussing is how the hell these hands get away with very little comment.

• edited December 2013
    Currently, there is a post  on the forum discussing the following hands. 4 players holding:  AK /  JQ / JQ / JQ  Flop: A / K /10 Turn: K An example of why some players become frustrated with the so called - random number generator. I do not believe that it is unreasonable to state that these cards do not appear “random”.  However,  as indicated by Waddle any negative comments directed at the RNG will receive ridicule and abuse. What in fact we should be discussing is how the hell these hands get away with very little comment.
    Posted by somer
    Yes the hand is rare but are you saying that hands like these shouldn't occur??? Of course there are going to be hands like these from time to time.

I have never played live but have watched a fair bit and have seen some crazy hands. 4 pocket pairs being dealt, Set over set over set etc.....does that mean live poker is fixed?? The only reason you see more of these hands/beats online is because you see 1000's more hands dealt online.

If I honestly believed half the cr4p on this thread would I still play here.......no

However this thread has cheered me up after a long day at work so please carry on :)
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : Yes the hand is rare but are you saying that hands like these shouldn't occur??? Of course there are going to be hands like these from time to time. I have never played live but have watched a fair bit and have seen some crazy hands. 4 pocket pairs being dealt, Set over set over set etc.....does that mean live poker is fixed?? The only reason you see more of these hands/beats online is because you see 1000's more hands dealt online. If I honestly believed half the cr4p on this thread would I still play here.......no However this thread has cheered me up after a long day at work so please carry on :)
    Posted by waller02
    No - I am not saying that these hands shouldn’t occur - However, these hands (variations/similar) happen far too often online.
    Your comment “I have never played live but have watched a fair bit” is I think quite relevant in these discussions - online (only) players appear to have a much higher threshold for this type of hand - they have become (in variations) the norm - In live play you would be questioning the dealer regarding his shuffle.
    I no longer get excited about anything I see online -  this does not mean I ignore the obvious… RNG it ain’t.

• edited December 2013
    Anyone seen some of the run outs in the WPT in Praque today?

AA beaten by 55
    99 beaten by 88

Online's rigged innit!
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : No - I am not saying that these hands shouldn’t occur - However, these hands (variations/similar) happen far too often online. Your comment “I have never played live but have watched a fair bit” is I think quite relevant in these discussions - online (only) players appear to have a much higher threshold for this type of hand - they have become (in variations) the norm - In live play you would be questioning the dealer regarding his shuffle. I no longer get excited about anything I see online -  this does not mean I ignore the obvious… RNG it ain’t.
    Posted by somer
    The highlighted bit is way off imo. Re-read what I wrote regarding the fact that you see 1000's more hands online then you do live so you will see 1000's more bad beats.

Also, I have never seen anybody question the dealers shuffle in all the hours of live poker that I have watched.