You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

any1 else sick of getting completely robbed

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed:
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : I wouldn't play that hand if I ''actually knew'' I was going to be outdrawn.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Dont try and be clever it doesnt suit you
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : Dont try and be clever it doesnt suit you
    Posted by SCHOF78
    Don't try and play poker, it doesn't suit you.
  • edited January 2014
    To the resident experts on RNG and the constant abuse aimed at those cynical about sky's product, you should provide factual evidence that the RNG performs in relation to expected probability. Sky won't provide the information when you ask for it and the providers of the software have a disclaimer in place that effectively frees them from any responsibility with regard to performance of it.
    Why would they do that?
    This is why: there are 80,000,000,000000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,,000,000,000,000 possible shuffles from a 'real' deck of cards and sky software cannot get anywhere near that with their RNG product. That means that 'all expected probability is 'skewed' and the best they can claim is that it is 'random', whatever that is supposed to mean?
    Sky poker forum a friendly community? Bunch of moronic sycophants pi55ing up each others backs and telling each other its raining. Metaphorically speaking of course!

• edited January 2014
    Maybe we should get this thread stickied!
    100 posts in BB&V would surely be a record?
  • edited January 2014
    Maybe we should get this thread stickied! 100 posts in BB&V would surely be a record?
    Posted by Jac35
    But only about an eighth of that number makes any sense.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : Don't try and play poker, it doesn't suit you.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    lol
  • edited January 2014
    Maybe we should get this thread stickied! 100 posts in BB&V would surely be a record?
    Posted by Jac35
    99 now!
  • edited January 2014
    100 now?!
    Anyway here's my tuppence worth. I for one have been through some tough variance in the last few weeks and have, as a result, been quite 'active' in the chat box! Never abusing other players but certainly bemoaning my luck. How many of you for example can boast of going out of the main event with QUADS..... TWICE! The last one being all in pre with KK called by AQ and the board runs out AAAxx! And yes I got fed up with being hit by 2 and 3 outers and runner runner outdraws.

Remember if you get your chips in good EVERY time , you are going to get some bad beats.

Anyway yesterday seemed to be going the same way and I went out of 3 tourneys in quick succession to bad beats. I nearly turned off the computer but put £3 into one of the high roller all in sats and WON it! I was actually sorely tempted to deregister and cash the £110 as I was running soo bad. However I decided to play it and after limping along with a small stack for most of the tourney then managed to cash. Not only that but then final tabled ending up 6th for a profit of about £1,200. I didn't run brilliantly but did win one hand with A 10 v A K and had overpairs all in pre 4 times in the money which ALL held! I eventually went out to Solack (who went on to win it, congratulations, very, very well played) who rivered his ace BUT had gone in ahead with A4 against my KJ so it wasnt even a bad beat.

Sorry it's a long post I know but the moral is you have to take the bad spells in order to appreciate the good times.
  • edited January 2014

• edited January 2014
    In Response to any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : Be cafefull the community here will have you hung! God forgive, someone speaks against them! 
    Posted by Waddell93
    I have never ever witnessed ANYTHING like I have witnessed on Skypoker recently. Tend to play DYM (£11) and play pretty tight. Last night on the bubble get QQ under the gun. Blinds 100/200. Raise to 500 (with about 2500 chipstack) and get put all in by SB (1300 chips). Call. Hes got 5,5. He hits on flop. Im down to around 1200 chips. 2 hand slater get Q,Q in SB. Fold to me and I go All In. Get called by BB (who had about 2000 chips) who has J,Q. Flop comes down with J in it. Yes you know what the river was!!!

Tonight get KK in BB with blinds 50/100. Dealer has roughly 2000 chips. I have around 1850. Dealer raises to 200. I reraise to 500. He calls. Flop comes down 3,5,7 (rainbow). He checks. I go all in (actually putting him on AA at this stage but (commited) and he calls. 4,4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Turn? I could even stomach a 4!!!! But no a 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how much money would you lose at poker if you played like that over a period of time? and can you think of the last time you played live and anybody played like that?!!!
  • edited January 2014
    Posted by booboo5205
    Have we started playing guess Tikays age again?
  • edited January 2014
    Posted by booboo5205

Were you replying in binary and suddenly got called away?
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to any1 else sick of getting completely robbed:
    just wondering if any1 else gets told the same lies from sky poker by the hands it puts out, totally unreal flops and bad calls from fishing players leads to a combination of aahhhhhhhhhhhss and grrrrrrrrrrss etc, and these players are just gambling to my mind, just calling flops and raises with any cards all the time and yes the odd "I fancy that" is ok we all do it but every hand I think not, you know sky has a vegas website for that.
    Posted by ROTTIE2010
    hi, im new to this site (few weeks)  and I deposited some cash and got my bankroll upto 600 pound, I then withdrew 300 and I was amazed on how many times I was getting beat and I had the remaining cash that I left on here just wiped away from players hitting there rivers, also I went through long stage not hitting  anything,,, talk about the game changing, it changed that much I could taste it, let alone notice it.
    my dad told me its because im a new player and these sites always seem to give you a good win to get you hooked, I don't know how true that is.
    I also played the 10k bh tourney and was really looking forward to it, I got k 10 suited and flopped a 10 only to be beat by a flush on river then the next hand I get was ak clubs, I went all in on the button and someone called me with pocket queens and hit there quads, and that's another thing ive noticed on here, just how many players hit quads, just so unreal its beyond belief..i think someone ought to test the rng on this site properly because it just isn't poker, its just a piece of software to thieve off players and give a selective few the priority on this site. I know this may sound to you that im whining but I really do have a reason to.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : hi, im new to this site (few weeks)  and I deposited some cash and got my bankroll upto 600 pound, I then withdrew 300 and I was amazed on how many times I was getting beat and I had the remaining cash that I left on here just wiped away from players hitting there rivers, also I went through long stage not hitting  anything ,,, talk about the game changing, it changed that much I could taste it, let alone notice it. my dad told me its because im a new player and these sites always seem to give you a good win to get you hooked, I don't know how true that is. I also played the 10k bh tourney and was really looking forward to it, I got k 10 suited and flopped a 10 only to be beat by a flush on river then the next hand I get was ak clubs, I went all in on the button and someone called me with pocket queens and hit there quads, and that's another thing ive noticed on here, just how many players hit quads, just so unreal its beyond belief..i think someone ought to test the rng on this site properly because it just isn't poker, its just a piece of software to thieve off players and give a selective few the priority on this site. I know this may sound to you that im whining but I really do have a reason to.
    Posted by nemesis22

Conclusive proof, if ever it was needed. 

Close down the site post haste.

• edited January 2014
    In Response to any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : hi, im new to this site (few weeks)  and I deposited some cash and got my bankroll upto 600 pound, I then withdrew 300 and I was amazed on how many times I was getting beat and I had the remaining cash that I left on here just wiped away from players hitting there rivers, also I went through long stage not hitting  anything ,,, talk about the game changing, it changed that much I could taste it, let alone notice it. my dad told me its because im a new player and these sites always seem to give you a good win to get you hooked, I don't know how true that is. I also played the 10k bh tourney and was really looking forward to it, I got k 10 suited and flopped a 10 only to be beat by a flush on river then the next hand I get was ak clubs, I went all in on the button and someone called me with pocket queens and hit there quads, and that's another thing ive noticed on here, just how many players hit quads, just so unreal its beyond belief..i think someone ought to test the rng on this site properly because it just isn't poker, its just a piece of software to thieve off players and give a selective few the priority on this site. I know this may sound to you that im whining but I really do have a reason to.
    Posted by nemesis22
    Not at all!!

I see from sharkscope you've played 18 games since your first game on Jan 2nd 2014 but I can't see your winnings of £600, did you tear up the cash tables in the last 6 days to get your roll to £600?

But I totally agree with Harry shut the place down....just in case!

ps welcome to the site... and I suppose goodbye as well seeing as shutdown is imminent!
  • edited January 2014
    I'm retired and so have absolutely no comment to make
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : Not at all!! I see from sharkscope you've played 18 games since your first game on Jan 2nd 2014 but I can't see your winnings of £600, did you tear up the cash tables in the last 6 days to get your roll to £600?   But I totally agree with Harry shut the place down....just in case! ps welcome to the site... and I suppose goodbye as well seeing as shutdown is imminent!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    I did get my roll upto 649 pound to be precise, I did it in one night from depositing 30 pound.

and regarding sharkscope, the stats on those sites cannot be right because I too cannot see where I won 649 from a 30 pound deposit unless the site is behind.
  • edited January 2014
    I'm going to start a new account every Sunday and enter the roller. That way I can be sure of a big cash each weekend.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : I did get my roll upto 649 pound to be precise, I did it in one night from depositing 30 pound. and regarding sharkscope, the stats on those sites cannot be right because I too cannot see where I won 649 from a 30 pound deposit unless the site is behind.
    Posted by nemesis22
    did you win or finish very highly in a big tournament to get it up to that? 
  • edited January 2014
    Enut complains of losing with quads twice in the ME amongst other things but his big cash soothed the anomalies; another complains that quads come out all too often (i myself once witnessed quads 5x in 7 hands and double quads in two of those-i stopped playing for a while because my calculator exploded when trying to work out the odds), those constant river beats and all too perfectly and regularly aligned flops for those left in the betting, the terrifying frequency of A's and K's (like the cyber dealer has a blackjack shoe with 6 decks to deal with) not to mention them facing off so often, the lucky if you're 60% with the best hand brigade cant fathom why they also get sucked out to a 1 or 2 outer, I used to watch the poker channel but stopped after 2 consecutive hands showed up a royal flush (my mind just melted when the two presenters looked like the Queen had just walked into the studio naked)!

I used to think online poker was an easy way to replicate the buzz I and friends used to get before the advent of home computers 20+ years ago but it didn't and has become a constant source of irritation and perplexing nonsense with regard to outcomes, variance and probability. Some sites have been linked to extortion and fraud, others money laundering and collusion and few if any can claim to be free of issues that reduce the game to a point of disrepute that requires constant damage limitation. Some sites, particularly the biggest, actually invest in their product without gimmicks 'first' to try and get the poker delivered as accurately as possible but not SKY. SKY is bothered about the take, the appearance and then somewhere down the line worries about whether anyone will actually debunk the myth that the RNG is completely random. ITS ABOUT AS RANDOM AS THE SUN RISING TOMORROW IN THE EAST but how will that make a difference to the gamblers, the movers and the shakers?

Well one day it might because those that are either smug or stupid that constantly back up a systematically  failing product wont have the luxury of easy pickings and those that provide it might get their fingers burnt in the not too distant future. Poker has always been a hotbed for corrupt activity and their is nothing more corrupt in gaming than online gambling where sharks lay in wait for the novice, the gambler or the feckless. Thats the way it is and online just provides a slack product to promote that and SKY are only too happy to profit from any enterprise no matter how crooked. You only have to look at the ongoing trials of SKY journalists and the Murdochs evidence into out poltical enquiries to understand the depths of the barrel of s hit they lke to swim in.

Nothing lasts forever and the resident experts and sharks (not forgotten the stupid) will eventually run out of sarcastic abuse and move or be moved on! Its the law of probability- too many quads just aren't sustainable.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : did you win or finish very highly in a big tournament to get it up to that? 
    Posted by jdsallstar
    no, I won it on the cash tables
  • edited January 2014
    Nemesis doesn't have to defend himself, bless him. He's just clearly been caught in Sky Poker's devious trap of rewarding new players with big pots and wins, then cruelly taking it away once he has his feet under the table.

Sort it out Sky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2014
    Posted by nemesis22

Its not unreasonable to voice a concern over the performance of the RNG - Numerous players have come to the conclusion that its not quite as random as others would have you believe. The Forum regulars will of course disagree adding a little light humour in any reply - which is of course very entertaining.

• edited January 2014
    With regard to new players running well and then the site 'turns against them' could it be that when they are new no one has any reads on them. Give good players a few days or even hours and they may well have them sussed out, hence their 'win' rate soon disappears. Just a thought.
  • edited January 2014
    With regard to new players running well and then the site 'turns against them' could it be that when they are new no one has any reads on them. Give good players a few days or even hours and they may well have them sussed out, hence their 'win' rate soon disappears. Just a thought.
    Posted by Enut
    Your giving players on sky way too much credit..
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : Its not unreasonable to voice a concern over the performance of the RNG - Numerous players have come to the conclusion that its not quite as random as others would have you believe. The Forum regulars will of course disagree adding a little light humour in any reply - which is of course very entertaining.
    Posted by somer
    Somer ALL of your posts are about the rng being suspect, why do you continue to play on sky then?

Of course it's not unreasonable to question the rng but when a player with a 4 day old account questions it and only AFTER they lose some money it doesn't give their query much weight.

Strange that players don't question the rng after winning and only when they go on a bad run! 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : Somer ALL of your posts are about the rng being suspect, why do you continue to play on sky then? Of course it's not unreasonable to question the rng but when a player with a 4 day old account questions it and only AFTER they lose some money it doesn't give their query much weight. Strange that players don't question the rng after winning and only when they go on a bad run! 
    Posted by jdsallstar

“Somer ALL of your posts are about the rng being suspect, why do you continue to play on sky then?”

I play on Sky because (for me) it offers very good value for money entertainment - regardless,  of my views on the RNG. Inexpensive tournaments with a relatively low number of players can result in 2/3 hours of play for just a couple of pounds  - and at times a small profit. 
    When playing online each player has certain objectives - mine is to be entertained (any profit is a bonus) Sky fulfils that objective.

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: any1 else sick of getting completely robbed : “Somer ALL of your posts are about the rng being suspect, why do you continue to play on sky then?” I play on Sky because (for me) it offers very good value for money entertainment - regardless,  of my views on the RNG. Inexpensive tournaments with a relatively low number of players can result in 2/3 hours of play for just a couple of pounds  - and at times a small profit.  When playing online each player has certain objectives - mine is to be entertained (any profit is a bonus) Sky fulfils that objective.
    Posted by somer
    Still makes no sense!! there are loads of sites that offer low buy in tournaments but you choose the one you think has dodgy software!
  • edited January 2014
    If I suspected Tesco of selling out of date fish, and I really fancied a nice piece of cod for dinner, then I'd go elsewhere for my fishy fix.

Just saying.