You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Build A Bankroll Thread

Comments

• edited January 2014
    ok ok ignore me at your peril :):):) mr orford :):)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014:
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014 : So basically you engineered the vote!
    Posted by RicOrford
    errrrrrrrr.  Can I plead the 5th? :)  In my defence, the poll I did in December had me playing DYM's and it didn't go too well! 
  • edited January 2014
    Good luck Richard, I always enjoy your humour on TV. I will keep an eye on your progress. If you fancy a change your very welcome to join us in the omaha dyms! Dont play the hi lo though as tikay is always there! Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Cheers Ger, appreciate your words. I've played Omaha on occasion in the past and thoroughly enjoyed it, but never played a DYM in it before. That must add a weird dynamic because in cash Omaha practically everyone limps in and/or calls a raise pre-flop, because a whole range of hands could become monsters post-flop.

Whilst I would imagine the textbook DYM play in hold 'em of playing ABC and TAG until you reach the bubble would reduce the pre-flop action in Omaha to less crazy levels.

True? Or does it make no difference? 
  • edited January 2014
    Good luck mr orford,i may just send some of my charmed luck your way,it has worked for other,s on the forum,:):)xx
    Posted by paige55

Hi Paige, thanks for the Charmed good luck vibes. I hope the Power of Three work for me! ;-)

And no, I'm not ignoring you! Just hadn't got down to your post yet in my replies. :-)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014 : Cheers Ger, appreciate your words. I've played Omaha on occasion in the past and thoroughly enjoyed it, but never played a DYM in it before. That must add a weird dynamic because in cash Omaha practically everyone limps in and/or calls a raise pre-flop, because a whole range of hands could become monsters post-flop. Whilst I would imagine the textbook DYM play in hold 'em of playing ABC and TAG until you reach the bubble would reduce the pre-flop action in Omaha to less crazy levels. True? Or does it make no difference? 
    Posted by RicOrford
    I hate to disagree with you here Mr O but I can remember playing you in a PLO DYM about 18 months ago when you were doing an omaha challange with Mr Hartigone.  Maybe the memory is going as age catches up with you ;)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014 : Hi Paige, thanks for the Charmed good luck vibes. I hope the Power of Three work for me! ;-) And no, I'm not ignoring you! Just hadn't got down to your post yet in my replies. :-)
    Posted by RicOrford
    the power of 3 blessed be richard,:):):) now say that 3 times and you will win :):):)
  • edited January 2014
    And I'm off and running!

Bepton and Huntly 5p/10p!
  • edited January 2014
    Sort it out sky!!!!
    >RicOrford has won the hand (£0.15)
  • edited January 2014
     GOOD LUCK Richard

always luv watching you on the telly...

never learn much but it's always fun :)

only joking mate  lol

BUILD THAT BANKROLL UP AND SHOW 'EM   'WHO'S THE DADDY'  like it!!!

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited January 2014
    Regardnig omaha dym Im not sure as im kinda new to it ....oh wait Ive played over 5k omaha dym lol. 
    Yes the usual dym tactics apply but still the early blinds usually involve alot of pre flop callers really depends on who is playing. The non regs usually call alot while the regs are usually more safe on when they play hands early on. Come along and join us and find out! I couldnt get online tonight busy day at work and then car issues!

Ger
  • edited January 2014
    good luck Richard always luv watching you on the telly... never learn much but it's always fun :) only joking mate  lol BUILD THAT BANKROLL UP AND SHOW 'EM   'WHO'S THE DADDY'  like it!!! (* *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5

Thanks Devon- gonna try my best. Although my first night has not got off to a flyer! About 15 quid down at the mo :-(
  • edited January 2014
    Regardnig omaha dym Im not sure as im kinda new to it ....oh wait Ive played over 5k omaha dym lol.  Yes the usual dym tactics apply but still the early blinds usually involve alot of pre flop callers really depends on who is playing. The non regs usually call alot while the regs are usually more safe on when they play hands early on. Come along and join us and find out! I couldnt get online tonight busy day at work and then car issues! Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Might well drop by one of these days! GL till then, Ger!
  • edited January 2014
    So, 5 hours of play later and I've pushed my £100 starting bankroll all the way up to £83.15!

Session 1
    2 x 5p/10p tables

Starting bankroll: £100
    Finishing bankroll: £83.15

Session profit:   -£16.85

Sky Poker Reward points earned: 49.

Had fun, chatted to plenty of regulars and some new faces too, so thanks to all for stopping by. Had to pull up a couple of times and at one point was down a fair bit more, but managed to turn it round towards the end.

Feel confident I can do another two tables next time and this time have a winning session.

Thanks all and feel free to post any challenges of your own on here.

Will be back next week!
  • edited January 2014
    I challenged myself to the spin £5 into £200 via the Mastercash tables and I just completed it tonight, extremely chuffed!
    Had never sat at the 100NL or 200NL tables before so was very scared!!
    Great start to the year, not sure what to go for next?!
    GL with your challenge Ric :)
  • edited January 2014
  • edited January 2014
    my challenge is not too bust again 1 day into my diary try for 2 days this time lol
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014 : Good post, chicknMelt. Yeah, it's finding the right balance isn't it?  So, what d'ya reckon...? £100-  2 x 5p/10p tables-  move up when/if(!) I hit £200, £300, or £400? Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    Posted by RicOrford
    0.05 - 0.10p move up when u have 25 buy -in =£250.
  • edited January 2014
    I challenged myself to the spin £5 into £200 via the Mastercash tables and I just completed it tonight, extremely chuffed! Had never sat at the 100NL or 200NL tables before so was very scared!! Great start to the year, not sure what to go for next?! GL with your challenge Ric :)
    Posted by mrsduck

Excellent news Mrs Duck, if indeed that is your real name!

Yeah, it's a good challenge you did there. Whatever you decide to do next, make sure you post it on here, as I'm giving away Turbo Tuesday main event seats every week to players who get some bankroll challenge on the go on this thread.

Good luck!
  • edited January 2014
    Here we go again...   BR Management
    Posted by Machka
    Lol! Love that video Aaron. I only wish it was like that in real life...
  • edited January 2014
    my challenge is not too bust again 1 day into my diary try for 2 days this time lol
    Posted by churchy18

Lol- small steps, Churchy. Small steps...
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014 : 0.05 - 0.10p move up when u have 25 buy -in =£250.
    Posted by somecards1
    Thanks somecards. Interesting how many different opinions I've received on this. Anything from £200 up to £1000!

£250 to £300 sounds about right though.
  • edited January 2014
    Hi all,

Just to let you know I'm hosting the live show tonight with Ross from 7 and we'll be doing Mastercash tables live from the site between 9 and 11.

Also, I'll be playing on the site tomorrow night (Wednesday 15th) from about 7pm onwards.

Look out for ricorford on the 5p/10p cash tables!

Don't forget to post your own bankroll challenges on here as I have seats to the Turbo Tuesday main event to give away every week to players I feel have contributed to this thread and embraced the challenge.
  • edited January 2014
    Ok Rich Ill stick my challenge in here as well. Playing solely 5p/10p but also the MC tables I want to double my roll of circa £500 before stepping up to 10/20p. I will play mtts on the side but keep it separate to this challenge. 

Background is that I suck at cash, failed to beat nl4 last year but have always done reasonably well in tournament poker so can afford to invest/lose some money while i adapt to deeper play. I have taken a big hit to my bankroll trying to run before I can walk in cash poker in 2014, but have adjusted my game a little recently and am determined to give it a go.

Just had one session 6 tabling for an hour and gained £7. Could have been a lot more, but for this hand here:

Hand History #732665336 (17:17 14/01/2014)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancedriptap103 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £2.44 ABig blind  £0.10 £0.15 £22.21   Your hole cards J 10       jimb0d1 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £25.17 Sakugawa22 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £11.98 driptap103 Call  £0.25 £1.00 £2.19 ARaise  £1.30 £2.30 £20.91 jimb0d1 Call  £1.10 £3.40 £24.07 Sakugawa22 Fold     driptap103 Fold     Flop    2 J 9       ABet  £1.70 £5.10 £19.21 jimb0d1 Raise  £4.20 £9.30 £19.87 ARaise  £8.40 £17.70 £10.81 jimb0d1 All-in  £19.87 £37.57 £0.00 AAll-in  £10.81 £48.38 £0.00 jimb0d1 Unmatched bet  £3.16 £45.22 £3.16 AShow A A    jimb0d1 Show J 10    Turn    8       River    K       AWin Pair of Aces £43.82  £43.82

• edited January 2014
    just go on lambert180s tables ya soon build ya bankroll up in no time ;)
  • edited January 2014
    Good luck tomorrow night.  I will try to rail for a while.  Am going great guns in mine after tonight.  The £200 barrier has been cracked!
  • edited January 2014
    14/1/14
     £500 cash roll ---> 1k Challenge.

First session (2hrs x 6 tabs) +£7
    Second session (2 tabs) -£30.51

Resultant BR: 476.49

Short enjoyable session, where I recieved a lot of good cards, but lost a few big hands, especially vs one particular reg who is very solid at this level and was also finding big cards. I cant play this in any other way right?
    Estimated 4b range of jj/ak+. I have never made a 5b in my life, should I have broken my duck here?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    jimb0d1 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £34.89
    cobaw Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £24.22
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £29.52
    haidyboy Fold     
    gunners100 Fold     
    HOLLYWHIT Fold     
    jimb0d1 Raise  £1.15 £1.60 £33.74
    cobaw Fold     
    Raise  £3.40 £5.00 £26.12
    jimb0d1 Call  £2.50 £7.50 £31.24
    Flop

• J

jimb0d1 Check     
    Bet  £5.63 £13.13 £20.49
    jimb0d1 All-in  £31.24 £44.37 £0.00
    All-in  £20.49 £64.86 £0.00
    jimb0d1 Unmatched bet  £5.12 £59.74 £5.12
    jimb0d1 Show
    • A
    • K

Show
    • K
    • K

Turn

River

Win Pair of Kings £58.34
  • edited January 2014
    No idea what is happening with the posted hands.... ill try tidy them up tomorrow.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014- next session Wednesday 15th 7pm- midnight:
    No idea what is happening with the posted hands.... ill try tidy them up tomorrow.
    Posted by jimb0d1

Hi mate

I played you a few weeks ago on the mastercash tables and actually thought that you were there just for the tv time etc and must have normally played higher stakes because you have a very good aggro game on you and play position very well and im sure you will complete your challenge no bother at all.

If ive got some spare time i will join you and Rich on the 10nl tables for the lolz tonight

Good luck both
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014- next session Wednesday 15th 7pm- midnight:
    just go on lambert180s tables ya soon build ya bankroll up in no time ;)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Good advice! Lol ;)
  • edited January 2014
    In for the last longer, Rich ;)