You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Build A Bankroll Thread

Comments

• edited January 2014
    PS- Watch this space tonight for more winners of Turbo Tuesday seats for next week!

(See OP for more details)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014- next session Wednesday 22nd 7pm- midnight:
    Right, here's my plan tonight. Main and mini 8pm and 8.30pm. And then 5p/10p cash tables after that until midnight. I'm throwing BR management out the window this week. My starting roll is £63.29 and the plan is to cash in one of the events tonight and/or build back up via the tables. if I can kickstart the roll, then proper management will proceed again from next week! If it goes horribly wrong then I will dust myself down, start with another £100 and start the BR management again! Good luck all!
    Posted by RicOrford

I couldnt possibly comment as I have very poor BRM but im sure others on the forum might have something to say!

I like your optimism...  Play on Mastercash tables after ME exit until midnight.  Not planning a deep run then? ;)

Good luck anyhow.  Hope you get a big score.   See you on the tables!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014- next session Wednesday 22nd 7pm- midnight:
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014- next session Wednesday 22nd 7pm- midnight : I couldnt possibly comment as I have very poor BRM but im sure others on the forum might have something to say! I like your optimism...  Play on Mastercash tables after ME exit until midnight.  Not planning a deep run then? ;)Good luck anyhow.  Hope you get a big score.   See you on the tables!
    Posted by gazza127
    Ha! Of course I'm just being modest. I intend to be playing in both events beyond midnight and not have to go on the cash tables tonight.

See you on the cash tables later.
  • edited January 2014
    So far so good...

9.12pm

Main 67th/235

Mini 62nd/164
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014- next session tonight 8pm- midnight:
    So far so good... 9.12pm Main 67th/235 Mini 62nd/164
    Posted by RicOrford
    Stop the tournys and give this man the jackpot now.  We all know he's taking them down :)
  • edited January 2014
    Well out the mini about the halfway stage at the hands of MattBates in a cooler.

But still riding reasonably high in the main...

28th/78
  • edited January 2014
    Well out the mini about the halfway stage at the hands of MattBates in a cooler. But still riding reasonably high in the main... 28th/78
    Posted by RicOrford
    Industrial sized cooler or one of those flimsy picnic coolers that carry about 2 sarnies and a Capri Sun?
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014- next session tonight 8pm- midnight : Industrial sized cooler or one of those flimsy picnic coolers that carry about 2 sarnies and a Capri Sun?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    If it was a MattBates size cooler then it would be one of those small ones that only fit one can of beer
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014- next session tonight 8pm- midnight : Industrial sized cooler or one of those flimsy picnic coolers that carry about 2 sarnies and a Capri Sun?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Lol! Well according to Tikay it wouldn't have to be all that big. ;-)
  • edited January 2014
    So, no cigar but a decent run in the main tonight.

Finishing 43rd out of 338. 

Just 9 off the money.

Bankroll obviously in tatters now- £13.79 left but I've had great time and I'll be back again next TUESDAY NIGHT doing it all again.

Might have to top up though first ;-)

Cheers all. 

Prizewinners to follow...
  • edited January 2014
    Winners this week of free seats into next week's Tuesday main event:

gazza127

and

Diminuendo

Cheers guys for your contributions to the thread and good luck in the main!
  • edited January 2014
    NEW TITLE..

DEMOLISH A BANKROLL!
  • edited January 2014
    NEW TITLE.. DEMOLISH A BANKROLL!
    Posted by tomo_efc
    Lol! Fair point sir, fair point.
  • edited January 2014
    NEW TITLE.. DEMOLISH A BANKROLL!
    Posted by tomo_efc
    Liking your work, Tommo.
  • edited January 2014

This is the sort of stuff we see on a decent Challenge Diary, HERE

Don't get that sort of thing on the Orford Thread, do you?
  • edited January 2014
    I'm throwing BR management out the window.
     If it goes horribly wrong then I will dust myself down, start with another £100 and start the BR management again! Good luck all!
    Posted by RicOrford
    not sure you have actually started with any BRM yet Rich.
    Not complaining about your approach just the inaccurate moniker.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014- next session Wednesday 22nd 7pm- midnight : not sure you have actually started with any BRM yet Rich. Not complaining about your approach just the inaccurate moniker.
    Posted by GELDY
    Haha.

Well, mis-management is also a form of management.
  • edited January 2014
    Wait... what?

This isnt good BRM??

*standsupfrom100nl*
  • edited January 2014
    Oh and thank you Rich for the seat!

I'll post an update later in the week (hopefully when something good happens)
  • edited January 2014
    Gazza- no probs.

Brian and Geldy- fair points.

Tikay- spin on it.

• edited January 2014

Is that like, "thank you tikay, I really appreciate that"?

• edited January 2014
    Is that like, " thank you tikay, I really appreciate that "?
    Posted by Tikay10
    No, it's like "Spin on it".
  • edited January 2014
    As teacakes has said he wants a team bankroll challenge, team defectors v team motorway service station how about having 20 volunteers and the captains take turns in picking so its fair.  Sky gives each team a virtual bank roll and the captains pick one or two players per night to play a tourney on the virtual roll and any winnings go onto that roll.  The team with the biggest roll after, say a month, wins.  As the kids say, simples
  • edited January 2014
    Session 12 (5hrs x 6 tables)
    +£40.38
    Bankroll: £532.22

Made good money in this session. At the end of the session I remained on one table specifically to stack one opponent who I had seen call off with TP5k no draw earlier in the session. Eventually I instead stacked 2 other players at the table with my loose aggro image vs my chosen prey working for me. The original opponent remained HU and I had nearly 300bb to his 80.

I don't even know how to describe what happened next.....except that I lost 4 buyins to this guy in the next 20 minutes!! There were a number of bad beats, but when I called off my own stack with KK on AA9 when I KNEW I was behind I decided to save myself from myself and write this diary entry.

I believe I have just had my first encounter with 'Entitlement tilt' which is mentioned in 'The Mental Game Of Poker'.  I need to reread the chapter!!!

Anyway I am now in profit and In-form so the future looks bright. Onwards and upwards. I also cashed in the main with my free entry last Tuesday. I was unlucky in a few b vs b flips with POKERTREV in the last 25 or so players and otherwise it was a very easy run for me in this tourney which is a slightly larger buyin than I usually play. I definitely think I will play more medium buyin tournys once I have proved to myself that I can offset the variance with my cash poker winnings.

Apologies to Tikay for the dry content in my updates. Once I have more profit I might brighten up a bit   :)
  • edited January 2014
    Session 13 (2hrs x 6 tables)
    +£29.08
    Bankroll: £561.30

Morning all,

3rd decent winning session in a row. Its true that the regs are very tight but playing 6 tables keeps me involved constantly and the sessions are flying by. Before this challenge I prefered to play 2 tables max but now I am even thinking of getting a new laptop so that I can squeeze in a few extra tables at once. Of course, I have to play a lot tighter preflop than I am used to, but this is a necessary adjustment in cash poker vs decent players anyway.

I am beginning to prefer multitabling cash games to MTTs which I didnt think would ever happen! I have gone very deep in a lot of the tournys I am playing alongside cash, but havent  managed to build a stack that can get me into a final tbale/winning position. How do other regs manage to switch gears in their MTTs alongside cash? Drop a few cash tables when the bubble breaks?

• edited January 2014
    Winners this week of free seats into next week's Tuesday main event: gazza127 and Diminuendo Cheers guys for your contributions to the thread and good luck in the main!
    Posted by RicOrford

Thanks for the seat mate
  • edited January 2014
    Didn't you try this in March 2010?  Remind me again how that went.
  • edited January 2014
    Session 14 (1 hour 6 tables)
    +£60.01
    Bankroll: £621.31

Short blast before 5 a side tonight. Im about to play football for the first time in 6 months. It is going to be cold and wet, I am out of shape, it is going to cost me a tenner in petrol to get there and I wont get home until 11pm. 

Why play? Because I love the sport. Just like poker!!! Also, my girlfriend has been calling me lazy since I started staying in playing so much poker. She keeps saying I will get fat......   

At the weekend, I literally burst my pants (!) after eating a 3 course dinner and broke the little hook thingy above my fly. Perhaps I should listen to my gf more!!

Thankfully, the profit in this session gives me more excuse to play poker. Probably be back on at midnight!!

• edited January 2014
    Rich.

Me and Gazza havnt been put into the turbo open yet but all the other winners from the shows etc are already in there at the mo

Do we have to ring cs to be put into it or do you sort it for us ?

TYIA

Kev
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014- Tuesday 28th January 8pm- midnight:
    Rich. Me and Gazza havnt been put into the turbo open yet but all the other winners from the shows etc are already in there at the mo Do we have to ring cs to be put into it or do you sort it for us ? TYIA Kev
    Posted by Diminuendo
    Me, Me, Me, Me! It's always about you, isn't it, mate? There are other people on this forum, you know ;)