You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Build A Bankroll Thread

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014- Tuesday 28th January 8pm- midnight:
    Didn't you try this in March 2010?  Remind me again how that went.
    Posted by Wilhelm

Extraordinarily well, as I recall. 

TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW*

*Please note the value of my recollection may gone down as well as up.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014- Tuesday 28th January 8pm- midnight:
    Rich. Me and Gazza havnt been put into the turbo open yet but all the other winners from the shows etc are already in there at the mo Do we have to ring cs to be put into it or do you sort it for us ? TYIA Kev
    Posted by Diminuendo

Hi Kev and Gazza,

Soz- just seen your message.

Were you put in the game in the end? The guys who sort all this stuff usually set a reminder to do it nearer the time and I received confrimation that they'd got my original message requesting your free entries, so I'm assuming it all went through ok.

Let me know and if not, I'll rearrange for next week.
  • edited January 2014
    Right, I'm back on the baize tonight.

I've reloaded another £100.

And the plan this week is another jackpot crack at the 8pm main event and the 8.30pm mini event.

As if that wasn't difficult enough, I'll also be doing regular Skype chats on the live TV show.

So, not overly confident at this stage. Although, lest we forget, I did finish 8 off the money last week in the main 
    ;-)

See you later!
  • edited January 2014
    Why are we doing this on Tuesday, Rich? You usually throw your money out on a Wednesday. What gives?

EDIT: Just crossed with your last post - I'm guessing it's so Miss Fowler can look at your face on Skype...
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014- TONIGHT 8pm- midnight:
    Why are we doing this on Tuesday, Rich? You usually throw your money out on a Wednesday. What gives?
    Posted by Slipwater

Live Skype chats on the show, Brian.

Plus I think it's high time the Tuesday night regulars got some free money as well. Just to be fair, you know.
  • edited January 2014
    Why are we doing this on Tuesday, Rich? You usually throw your money out on a Wednesday. What gives? EDIT: Just crossed with your last post - I'm guessing it's so Miss Fowler can look at your face on Skype...
    Posted by Slipwater
    Plus it's cheaper on a Tuesday.  No rebuys or add ons :)

GL Richard 
  • edited January 2014
    ANOTHER £100!, Good luck Rich,,hee hee, no i really mean it "good luck".
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014- TONIGHT 8pm- midnight : Plus it's cheaper on a Tuesday.  No rebuys or add ons :) GL Richard 
    Posted by cenachav

Really good point. I feel like I've had a winning session already.
  • edited January 2014
    ANOTHER £100!, Good luck Rich,,hee hee, no i really mean it "good luck".
    Posted by tomo_efc

Lol! Maybe I should be wishing you good luck tonight tomo v Liverpool!
  • edited January 2014
    I'm off and running in the main event!

Good luck to all who sail in her!
  • edited January 2014
    So- here's how it went for me tonight.

Began the night by topping up with another £100.

So my bankroll was now £113.79

I bought into the main for £11 and the mini for £5.50 and finished around halfway in both.

Then I hit the Mastercash 5p/10p tables.

£20 on each one.

And on one I finished on £44.55

And on the other £24.88

Total profit for the night then (inc. the MTTs)= +£12.93

Sky Poker Points Earned In Total Since Start of the Challenge: 284

Bankroll now- £126.72

So..just gotta get it back over £200 and I'm in profit overall! Easy. Ahem...

• edited January 2014
    No prizes this week for bankroll challengers. I'm not going to hand them out willy-nilly. Remember if anyone contributes consistently to this thread with their bankroll challenge or helps others with theirs, then I'll be rewarding them with free entry into the following week's Tuesday Turbo main event.

Thanks for everyone who I played and chatted with tonight, thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hello.

And until next time- (Wednesday 5th Feb 8pm!)...be lucky!
  • edited January 2014
    OUCH!!!

Session 15
    (5.5 hrs x 6 tables) -£103.94
    Resultant Bankroll: £517.37

Horror session!! I was itching to get on the site all day, but then went and blew a LOT of money in a session where I could not make a fold at all. I knew I was playing horribly and was in a bad mood after Newcastle sold Cabaye, dropped two points and had Remy sent off........ of course I played on and lost more buyins.

I am really deflated after this session as I know I can play a lot better than I did tonight and feel like I have just wasted all my good work recently. I chased all of my flush draws, called lots of 3bets out of position, and made river calls with one pair hands far too often. In the middle of my session I knew I was not concentrating as much as I should be and should have gone to bed.  From now on I will operate a 5 buyin daily stoploss so that I never have such a big dent in my BR again.
    On the brightside, I am still in profit from my challenge and now truly know the importance of a decent bankroll.  

• edited January 2014

Session 16 (1 x 6 tables) -£53.09 Resultant Bankroll: £464.28

GULP! Terrible terrible terrible. Stacked off with top pair 3 times in an hour. That's enough poker for me this month!

January summary: Sucked, sussed it, sucked worse than ever!!!

I don't really know WHY I have played so badly in the last 24 hours, but I do know what I was doing wrong and how to fix it so I am quietly confident that I will turn a profit next month. These sessions have reinforced how quickly you can lose at poker, and I will have to try and play at my best in future.

With rewards to come, I'm still breakeven from cash poker this month but I will keep that money separate to this challenge.

Jan lessons: Play tighter, concentrate, be a believer

February goals: Hit 5000 reward points, turn any profit from my cash poker

Im going away for the weekend with friends and will forget about poker - but I'll be back! 

• edited January 2014
    Session 17
    (2 hrs x 6 tables)
    -£46.37
    Bankroll: £417.91

I ended up having another free day to play poker today and fired up the tables. I actually felt I played well today but got hit with mega coolers that meant I reached my stop loss again. Im going to play a few sats for the 12k bh to see if I can salvage something this month.

Posting these big losses is hard, but I have made my bed so I will lay in it!

Played correctly vs unknown?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    S_J_B Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £9.68
    timetwobet Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £5.94
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

Call  £0.10 £0.25 £11.37
    willshir06 Call  £0.10 £0.35 £14.48
    haidyboy Raise  £0.60 £0.95 £10.73
    jimb0d1 Raise  £2.00 £2.95 £11.51
    S_J_B Fold     
    timetwobet Fold     
    Call  £1.90 £4.85 £9.47
    willshir06 Fold     
    haidyboy Fold     
    Flop

Check     
    jimb0d1 Bet  £2.43 £7.28 £9.08
    Call  £2.43 £9.71 £7.04
    Turn

Check     
    jimb0d1 All-in  £9.08 £18.79 £0.00
    All-in  £7.04 £25.83 £0.00
    jimb0d1 Unmatched bet  £2.04 £23.79 £2.04
    xShow

jimb0d1 Show
    • K
    • K

River

• J

Win Three 10s £22.39  £22.39
  • edited January 2014
    So- here's how it went for me tonight. Began the night by topping up with another £100. So my bankroll was now £113.79 I bought into the main for £11 and the mini for £5.50 and finished around halfway in both. Then I hit the Mastercash 5p/10p tables. £20 on each one. And on one I finished on £44.55 And on the other £24.88 Total profit for the night then (inc. the MTTs)=  +£12.93 Sky Poker Points Earned In Total Since Start of the Challenge: 284 Bankroll now- £126.72 So..just gotta get it back over £200 and I'm in profit overall! Easy. Ahem...
    Posted by RicOrford
    probably shouldn't show this to the RNG/ SKY is Fixed crowd

just saying

• edited January 2014
    Session 18
    (2 hrs x 6 tables)
    -£22.01
    Bankroll: £395.90

Loss, broke my stop loss rules. sad face.
  • edited February 2014
    ill have a go on this,

start of the month and see how it goes. 

my br will be £40 

i will play two 20nl tables so hopefully get off too a good start as there will be no reload.

so, 

0 points   £40.

will let you know how it goes. 
  • edited February 2014
    ill have a go aswell

ive just come back to sky after a long lay off from poker.

my bankroll is small as came back with a free top up from sky, top up £10 get £20 free :)

so atm i have £88.60 

i will mainly play heads up stt tho if thats ok.

will update weekly 

cheers all 

• edited February 2014
    well last night i put my BR to £60 instead, 

didnt play too long but end result is £56 so a £4 loss and 32 points.

i have started my own diary for this challenge aswell but will keep in touch here aswell and post how it goes.

GL
  • edited February 2014
    Thanks for the updates Jim and Chris and welcome to the thread Mickey!

I'm back on Wednesday night with the plan of tackling the main and mini event and then finishing off the 5p/10p cash tables.

Got an £83 deficit to claw back!
  • edited February 2014
    OK, so I'm back tonight- on my third attempt this year at the main and mini.

After that, it will be 5p/10p tables.

Come and say hello, and come and take my chips if you think you're hard enough.

Alias- ricorford.

I might be handng out a prize or two tonight again for ky contributions to this bankroll thread!

See you later!
  • edited February 2014
    ...good stuff, I was just thinking about this.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014: next session TONIGHT 8pm- midnight:
    OK, so I'm back tonight- on my third attempt this year at the main and mini . After that, it will be 5p/10p tables . Come and say hello, and come and take my chips if you think you're hard enough. Alias- ricorford. I might be handng out a prize or two tonight again for ky contributions to this bankroll thread! See you later!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I asume you will be on the mastercash tables rich? I am pleased to see your bankroll building is going well!!! Keep up the good work!!! as Del would say 'This time next year we'll be millionaires'!!!!
  • edited February 2014
    Right... my last update was a loooong time ago.  But dont fret!  Ive kept a record of my ME and Mini shenanigans.

We left my BR on £890 on the 18th.

Since then I have played 8 main and Mini events... including two rollers.  However having sat into one roller for £3.... then a week later satting into the roller for £11 AND winning an all in sat AND winning bubble money on an all in sat my BR hasnt been demolished in the slightest!

In fact, due to one or two min cashes/bounties in the Bounty Hunters my ME and Mini BR lies on £909.

Still no deep runs to report though.  I havent played an MTT in almost a week but i shall be playing tonight so heres hoping i can return with a decent score!

• edited February 2014
    sess 19 (2hrs x 6) +8.01 
    Bankroll: £403.91

The (second) comeback is on. Played a quick session to get back into things.

I made one horrendous call for my stack with AK  on AdTd3s flop with 2 players already all in - one had a set and that cost me about 60bb. Other than that I called a river donkbet with TP vs a slowplayed set/quads for around 17bb when with hindsight I had no reason to believe the oppo was bluffing.

• edited February 2014
    Main event lobby right here.

I'm in the zone tonight and ready for a deep run!

Good luck all!

• edited February 2014
    Session 17 (2 hrs x 6 tables) -£46.37 Bankroll: £417.91 I ended up having another free day to play poker today and fired up the tables. I actually felt I played well today but got hit with mega coolers that meant I reached my stop loss again. Im going to play a few sats for the 12k bh to see if I can salvage something this month. Posting these big losses is hard, but I have made my bed so I will lay in it! Played correctly vs unknown? Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance S_J_B Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £9.68 timetwobet Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £5.94   Your hole cards K K       x  Call   £0.10 £0.25 £11.37 willshir06 Call   £0.10 £0.35 £14.48 haidyboy Raise   £0.60 £0.95 £10.73 jimb0d1 Raise   £2.00 £2.95 £11.51 S_J_B Fold         timetwobet Fold         x  Call   £1.90 £4.85 £9.47 willshir06 Fold         haidyboy Fold         Flop     6 4 7       x  Check         jimb0d1 Bet   £2.43 £7.28 £9.08 x  Call   £2.43 £9.71 £7.04 Turn     10       x  Check         jimb0d1 All-in   £9.08 £18.79 £0.00 x  All-in   £7.04 £25.83 £0.00 jimb0d1 Unmatched bet   £2.04 £23.79 £2.04 x Show 10 10       jimb0d1 Show K K       River     J       x  Win Three 10s £22.39   £22.39
    Posted by jimb0d1
    Another cooler- given the chip stacks imo Jim. Think the all-in was a bit much though. Pot-sized would have had the same result. Although if you'd been re-raised all-in I don't think anyone could have have folded in that spot given the texture of the board.
  • edited February 2014
    Session 17 (2 hrs x 6 tables) -£46.37 Bankroll: £417.91 I ended up having another free day to play poker today and fired up the tables. I actually felt I played well today but got hit with mega coolers that meant I reached my stop loss again. Im going to play a few sats for the 12k bh to see if I can salvage something this month. Posting these big losses is hard, but I have made my bed so I will lay in it! Played correctly vs unknown? Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance S_J_B Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £9.68 timetwobet Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £5.94   Your hole cards K K       x  Call   £0.10 £0.25 £11.37 willshir06 Call   £0.10 £0.35 £14.48 haidyboy Raise   £0.60 £0.95 £10.73 jimb0d1 Raise   £2.00 £2.95 £11.51 S_J_B Fold         timetwobet Fold         x  Call   £1.90 £4.85 £9.47 willshir06 Fold         haidyboy Fold         Flop     6 4 7       x  Check         jimb0d1 Bet   £2.43 £7.28 £9.08 x  Call   £2.43 £9.71 £7.04 Turn     10       x  Check         jimb0d1 All-in   £9.08 £18.79 £0.00 x  All-in   £7.04 £25.83 £0.00 jimb0d1 Unmatched bet   £2.04 £23.79 £2.04 x Show 10 10       jimb0d1 Show K K       River     J       x  Win Three 10s £22.39   £22.39
    Posted by jimb0d1
    Another cooler- given the chip stacks imo Jim. Think the all-in was a bit much though. Pot-sized would have had the same result. Although if you'd been re-raised all-in I don't think anyone could have have folded in that spot given the texture of the board.