You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Build A Bankroll Thread

Comments

• edited February 2014
    I,m going to start my own little challenge off this week

I won,t be starting with a set amount as i,ve already got my own BR challenge on another thread so will take the money from that

This will be purely a DYM challenge mainly playing £3-£5 DYMs in NLH, PLO and NLO and maybe even PLO8 if i can learn how to play it. I will be aiming for 100pts + a day without losing any money. I,ll start tommorow and update daily .

Wish me luck - Think i,ll need it
  • edited February 2014
    Session 26 (2hrs x 6tables) -£11.47 Bankroll = 402.97

Battling session. No luck with any sets etc and lost one big pot after one player called me down with 2nd pair/no draw and got lucky hitting 2 pair on the river. Of course, he then beat me with a slightly higher kicker in the next pot and proceeded to tell me that 'I need to learn how to play the game'. Unfortunately I could only get into one more pot with the opponent before the end of my session. 

Another forum reg who posts in his own diary was on a few of my tables and making life difficult 3betting a lot of my opens, but I managed to keep afloat and picked up a few hands to defend with. 

Dissapointed to lose another buyin and working a lot until thursday when I intend to play A LOT. 
    ---------------

GL to MP33 and the other lads starting their challenges.

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014: next session WEDNESDAY 12TH FEB 8pm- midnight:
    I,m going to start my own little challenge off this week I won,t be starting with a set amount as i,ve already got my own BR challenge on another thread so will take the money from that This will be purely a DYM challenge mainly playing £3-£5 DYMs in NLH, PLO and NLO and maybe even PLO8 if i can learn how to play it. I will be aiming for 100pts + a day without losing any money. I,ll start tommorow and update daily . Wish me luck - Think i,ll need it
    Posted by MP33

Good luck Paul. And remember, if the DYMs aren't working out for you, DEFECT NOW! ;-)
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014: next session WEDNESDAY 12TH FEB 8pm- midnight:
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014: next session WEDNESDAY 12TH FEB 8pm- midnight : Good luck Paul. And remember, if the DYMs aren't working out for you, DEFECT NOW! ;-)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    lol . You must have got sick of saying that

I was aiming to start about 6pm but missed my bus back from lancaster and din,t start til after 8.30pm

Got off to a good start in first 4 games - being 3-1 up and could have been 4-0 if i hadn,t made a bad call in last game
    2nd set of games - not so good . lost 3-1

£5 DYMs Won 1 Lost 1
    £3 DYM,s Won 3 Lost 3

Pts 28

Gonna have a short brk and have a cpl more sessions

EDIT : Another round and 2-2 this time . Lost on aces vs  QQ when i had nearly 5k and lost that one and 10 -10 vs A 10 . Could have been 4 from 4 if it wasn,t for those hands

£5 DYM,s Won 2 Lost 2
    £3 DYM,s Won 4 Lost 4
    Pts 44
    = -£4.40

EDIT : Going from bad to worse. Thinking i,m playing to many hands early on and the bad beats keep coming. Lost the next round 1-3 and could have quite easily been a white wash

£5 DYM,s Won 3 Lost 3
    £3 DYM,s Won 4 Lost 6
    Pts 60
    = -£11.20

EDIT - Another round of games and a 3-1 win this time. very much needed

£5 DYM,s Won 5 Lost 3
    £3 DYM,s Won 5 Lost 7
    Pts 76

= -£2.80 

The traffic has slowed right down now so just gonna play last 2 for tonight . A £2 and £5 and hope i can finsih with a 2-0

EDIT - Sigh _ Another bad bt after agrro oppononent  shoves with k6 in level 4 with a decent stack, so i go all in over the top with A9 S to get beat and never really recovered. The £2.25 game seemd a lot easier. 1-1 on that round but another loss

£5 DYM,s  Won 5 Lost 4
    £3 DYM,s  Won 5 lost 7
    £2 DYM,s  Won 1 Lost 0

= - £6.55

I knew the rake was going to be hard to beat playing DYM,s and so its proving. Would help if i can win more than i,m losing tho

Pts 83

EDIT - Sigh. decided to stay on and try and reach 100pts but just gone out of anothe £3 one as i coundnt recover after getting my KK all in pre vs 68 , but gonna stay on till i,ve got my 100pts

EDIT : Pulled it back a little bit to get a 2-2 round, but still losing out to the rake. I having been picking my games off SS and theres probably some games i should be avoiding as they,re 4 or 5 winnimg players in each game. not quite reached my 100 pt mark but can,t get much closer. Will just have to start a little earlier tommorow

£5 DYM,s  Won 6 Lost 5
    £3 DYM,s  Won 6 Lost 8
    £2 DYM,s Won 1 Lost 0
    Pts 99 -EDIT - Got 606 pts (started the day with 506 so did get 100pts . Not sure where i,ve added it wrong and far to tired to go over it for 1pt)

= - £8.15
  • edited February 2014
    Played 11 in the end inbetween other games -  Won 7 Lost 4 tonight. Couldn,t play anymore and only got 46 pts so got some cacthing up to do

£5 DYM,s Won 11 Lost 7
    £3 DYM,s Won 8 Lost 10
    £2.35 Won 1 Lost 0

Pts 149

EDIt = +£2.95
  • edited February 2014
    Back tonight- playing the main and the mini and then having a crack at the 5p/10p tables if there's time.

No time last week, as I didn't finish the mini till 1am ;-) (Thinly disguised brag post)

Hoping for a bigger cash this week though.

See you all there!
  • edited February 2014
    Back tonight- playing the main and the mini and then having a crack at the 5p/10p tables if there's time. No time last week, as I didn't finish the mini till 1am ;-) (Thinly disguised brag post) Hoping for a bigger cash this week though. See you all there!
    Posted by RicOrford
    ...not really sure how that constitutes a 'thin' brag, Rich ;)
  • edited February 2014
    Lol- true!

Right, I'm in the thick of the action. Main and mini and gunning for the jackpot.

Good luck all! Will be back later to post progress plus hand out prizes for bankroll challenges!
  • edited February 2014
    Chipleader in the mini!
  • edited February 2014
    Chipleader in the mini!
    Posted by RicOrford
    Not far behind you, Rich...
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014: next session WEDNESDAY 12TH FEB 8pm- midnight : Not far behind you, Rich...
    Posted by Slipwater
    True- just 10,000 chips ;-)
  • edited February 2014
    Out the main in 141st with Aces to Sara36DD's 5-4 which flopped two pair.

Watcha gonna do?

Still running nicely in the mini- 16th/117
  • edited February 2014
    Out the main in 141st with Aces to Sara36DD's 5-4 which flopped two pair. Watcha gonna do? Still running nicely in the mini- 16th/117
    Posted by RicOrford
    I bet they were a great two pair though.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Build A Bankroll 2014: next session WEDNESDAY 12TH FEB 8pm- midnight : I bet they were a great two pair though.
    Posted by Slipwater
    You do know that Sara36DD is a bloke, don't you Brian?
  • edited February 2014
    Hanging in there in the mini- 

50th/71

Top 23 get paid
  • edited February 2014
    Session 25 (3hrs x 6tables) -£17.63 Bankroll = 414.44 A loss after a long session. My last big £100 losing session came after Newcastle sold their best player, coughed up points and had the top scorer sent off. This week the reserve team manager chinned a young prospect and resigned just before we got hammered at Chelsea - and I was watching this and taking another hammering at the tables.  At halftime I was around £30 (I started watching the game and playing at 3pm) in the hole and could feel the tilt creeping in. I made a cup of tea, refocused and clawed my way back to around £5 down. I ran a 3 barrel bluff in a 3b pot but my tricky opponent called me down tpjk and that was enough to have me cutting my losses for now. Im still proud of myself for not spewing off all of yesterdays profits though - its easily done!! Food shop now, then back to play the 1st round of the HU championship tonight and see if I can recover my losses.
    Posted by jimb0d1
    At least you've got it back to within range of breaking even, Jim.

Keep it up- I'm enjoying your posts :-)
  • edited February 2014
    Played 11 in the end inbetween other games -  Won 7 Lost 4 tonight. Couldn,t play anymore and only got 46 pts so got some cacthing up to do £5 DYM,s Won 11 Lost 7 £3 DYM,s Won 8 Lost 10 £2.35 Won 1 Lost 0 Pts 149 EDIt = +£2.95
    Posted by MP33

£2.95 up is better than a slap in the face, Paul. Believe me, I've tried it.

Haven't played DYMs in ages. Used to really enjoy those till I played too many and started stagnating. Must have another go soon.

Anyway, keep it up mate.

I'll give you a free shot at next Tuesday's 8pm Turbo Open main event, to see if you can cash and kickstart your roll.

WINNER OF FREE SEAT THIS WEEK- MP33
  • edited February 2014
    All done. Another deep run in the mini this week and another fair run in the main.

Last time 78th and 16th.

This time 141st and 35th

So, all told, my BR is now £70. Was hoping for a half-decent cash this week, but I'm sure it will come in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the chat tonight on the tables and see you soon!
  • edited February 2014
    Cheers Rich. Just hope its not as wind on Tuesday night ( Will have to play the mini as well) . Been timed out of last 2 tourneys . So have others. Puting my DYM challenge on hold till Monday
  • edited February 2014
    Sess 27 (1 hour x 4 tabs)  +2.71

ticking over
  • edited February 2014
    Session 28 (3 hours x 6 tables) + £43.86
    Bankroll = £449.54

First decent session for a while after a lot of hours at work this week. It went rather well! In fact, I think im very unlucky not to have added a few extra buyins to my bankroll. I had AA busted twice by T3o and KJs all in pre. One of my opponents also hit bottom 2 pr with QTo vs my flopped nut flush, then rivered a house, costing me £15. 

I seem to do a lot better through the afternoons than on an evening.... which I would guess is the reverse of most players!

On the Newcastle United front we finally got some positive news that Remy will face no further action in his court case. I was at St James Park a few nights ago to watch us get turned over by Tottenham and its clear that without Remy we will plummet down the league! 

• edited February 2014
    Session 29 (1.5 hours x 6 tables) -£6.31
    Bankroll = £443.23

Played fast and loose and up and down! 

One sexy river chk-raise with a weak pair got through..... of course I let my opponent know in the chat box. He was nonplussed but I was loving life. Well worth £6     :)

• edited February 2014
    Session 30 (0.5 hours x 6 tables) -49.97
    Bankroll: £393.26

Shellshocked! Got blasted for 5 buyins in 30 minutes. I made some bad calls with TPTK B vs B, and bluffed a river into a slowplayed KK which tilted me a little. I regained my composure but ran into some bad luck with big drawing hands. 
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    jimb0d1 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £9.85
     Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £9.92
      Your hole cards

Fold     
    bRaise  £0.40 £0.55 £15.93
     Call  £0.40 £0.95 £10.84
     Call  £0.40 £1.35 £37.40
    jimb0d1 Call  £0.35 £1.70 £9.50
     Call  £0.30 £2.00 £9.62
    Flop

• J

jimb0d1 Bet  £1.50 £3.50 £8.00
     Fold     
    bRaise  £3.60 £7.10 £12.33
     Fold     
     Fold     
    jimb0d1 All-in  £8.00 £15.10 £0.00
    b Call  £5.90 £21.00 £6.43
    jimb0d1 Show

b Show
    • Q
    • Q

Turn

• J

River

bWin Two Pairs, Queens and Jacks £19.60  £26.03

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    bobofett Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £11.36
    haidyboy Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £10.49
      Your hole cards
    • J

Carnage Fold     
    R Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £9.85
    jimb0d1 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £9.55
    jtowa Fold     
    bobofett Fold     
    haidyboy Fold     
    Flop

• A

RCheck     
    jimb0d1 Bet  £0.56 £1.31 £8.99
    R Raise  £1.12 £2.43 £8.73
    jimb0d1 Raise  £4.12 £6.55 £4.87
    R All-in  £8.73 £15.28 £0.00
    jimb0d1 All-in  £4.87 £20.15 £0.00
    R Unmatched bet  £0.30 £19.85 £0.30
    R Show
    • A

jimb0d1 Show
    • J

Turn

• K

River

R Win Two Pairs, Aces and 9s £18.45  £18.75
    After these hands I decided to stand from the tables and clear my head. My girlfriends tells me that I have been talking about poker in my sleep. Apparently I was repeating a few of the quotes from 'The Mental Game of Poker' whereby injecting logic we can manage our tilt issues better: "I cannot control the cards, just the way I play each hand". I wanted to review these hands before continuing my session.

I know I set a 5 buyin stoploss earlier in the thread but after reviewing my hand history I have decided to play again this afternoon and make the most of the happy days promo. Wish me luck!

• edited February 2014
    Session 30 (5 hours x 6 tables) +£16.97
    Bankroll: £410.23

Lost 5 buyins again in the first half of his session. Looking at a second £100 losing day of the challenge I decided to press on and try and get some money back. It proved a good decision as I managed to hit some very big hands and recover to make a small profit in this session.

Hopefully I can claw back another 4 buy ins after the football to turn a profit! I will have racked up a few points today and planning to play more poker tonight and tomorrow if I don't go bust!
  • edited February 2014
    Session 31 (1 hours x 6 tables) +£6.63
    Bankroll: £416.86

GF put her foot down. Nee more poker for me tonight. 

:(
  • edited February 2014
    Sess 32 (3.5 hours x 6) +6.66

666 Spooky. Lost a few pots to Rainman who seems to be the guy who gives me most trouble on the tables. Coolered CraigSG1 when I made a specualtive call of his 7x utg raise.

• edited February 2014
    Nice goin Jimbod

Back after a cpl of days brk with a 5-1 winning session. Got plenty of points to catch up on tho

Results so far

£5 DYM,s Won 13 Lost 8
    £3 DYM,s Won 11 Lost 10
    £2.35 Won 1 Lost 0

= +£14.55

P
    ts 172
  • edited February 2014
    Session 32 (4 hours x 6 tables) -£32.79
    Bankroll: £384.07

Didnt think I had lost a lot this session but played a few games on the side and so lost track of my cash only balance. Won a seat in the mini through freeroll but didnt have time to play so took the cash.
  • edited February 2014
    Session 33 (4 hours x 6 tables) +5.75 
    Bankroll: £389.82

£1.20 an hour. Living large.

Needlessly bluffed off a buyin in very first hand with A6s in the sb. Bad calls until down 3 buyins. Start playing properly and rescue some monies. Spectacularly coolered one player with rivered 666. The devils number keeps coming up!

I think I am always too eager to play poker, so when I first sit down I go wild. I did manage a little run in the mini for a small cash and racked up a few more poker points. Going to have to go some to hit my 5k target by end of the month as I am just under halfway at the moment. 

• edited February 2014
    Session 34 (3.5 hours x 6tabs) + 9.78
    BR: 399.60

Rivered quads when I got trapped set over set. Was unlucky in a massive 3 way pot when my opponent turned a straight over my set with sg's. Just before lunchtime I managed to hold TT vs AK all in from the button and move into profit.

My frenemy Longman rivered me in a big 3b pot when I called down with QQ from sb on a low board... I think I might have actually wagged my finger at the screen like a grumpy old man when the cards turned over!   :)