You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Insult to poker

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Hmm, what an interesting post when you can get between the trolling.

My 2 pence worth, is that there arent that many mtt's on the site I like to play.  That said, I simply dont play them.
    I love the deep stack games,  plenty of play.  Would sky consider running a deep stack game every so often on the TV tables? 
    It is true that the tv tables fast become a lottery, the facts stand for that, but as pointed out, dont play them.

About the standard of play, there is no doubt that there are a lot more fish here than most other sites and the other sites that come close are ones that have a betting site attached.  That said, there are a lot of sharks on here now because of that and my ROI as certainly dropped lately because of it.

Block513 maybe the loose players are just better than you?  Poker is a game of skill.  I don't believe in luck I believe in variance.  Personally speaking, if I can put a player on AA/KK or something which they regard as a big hand, I will call 3x BB bets with 72o if I can. 
    The reason being, when I miss I can fold, when I hit I can not only take their whole stack but they will believe I am a weak player and proceed to hand over more money.

Ivanovic play nice and don't bait the nice fishies!
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Insult to poker:
    i agree totally with you DON.As for people like Kirstii,acebarry and greghogg they are just skypoker sheep who are clueless and know no better
    Posted by igimc
    Now your out of order to name anybody on the site.
    If you dont know these people why take that sort of attitude, as all you are doing is name calling and falling below the standard.
     If you have a point to make, sir, then i'm sure you can make it without any personal attacks on fellow players. 
  • edited August 2009
    I AGREE WITH SOME OF YOU !! I THINK THE BOUNTY HUNTER IS THE BINGO CALLERS DREAM GAME !! I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE MAIN OPEN EVERY NIGHT !! BUT AS SOME OF YOU HAVE SAID IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT PLAY IN IT !! IT IS QUITE SIMPLE IF YOU LIKE THEM PLAY IF YOU DONT !!! ITS REALY NOT THAT HARD IS IT ??? I DONT REALY LIKE BH BUT PLAY IF IM BORED & KNOW WHAT SORT OF GAME ITS GOING TO BE !!
    NOW ALL SMILE & BE HAPPY !!! GOOD LUCK ALL !!!!
  • edited August 2009
    i agree totally with you DON.As for people like Kirstii,acebarry and greghogg they are just skypoker sheep who are clueless and know no better
    Posted by igimc
    Reported to Moderator - "personal attack".

You have no right whatsoever to abuse any Sky Poker players, particularly those as loyal as AceBarry, Kirstii, & Greg, & I suggest you refrain.

• edited August 2009
    It's just a game of poker, we are here to have FUN, there is no need to be offensive.
  • edited August 2009

I have only recently noticed this thread, and to be honest i dont think that the nightly opens and and tv tourneys offer good value for money and so therefore i personally choose not to play them.  this is only my opinion, but many other people obviously enjoy these formats and therefore play them.  no one is right or wrong!!!! the fact that it is getting personal is pathetic!!!! each to there own and i persoanally think its a good thing for the site that different ppl enjoy different games. 

• edited August 2009
    I have only recently noticed this thread, and to be honest i dont think that the nightly opens and and tv tourneys offer good value for money and so therefore i personally choose not to play them.  this is only my opinion, but many other people obviously enjoy these formats and therefore play them.  no one is right or wrong!!!! the fact that it is getting personal is pathetic!!!! each to there own and i persoanally think its a good thing for the site that different ppl enjoy different games. 
    Posted by will56
    Good Post Will.

Sky Poker offer Tourneys to suit a wide range of Tastes. They have regular, scheduled Tourneys with structures from 1 minute/500 chips up to 15 minutes/5,000 Chips. The latter is gainng popularity rapidly, but right now, most Sky Poker players prefer the rapid structures.

Very often, 700 players - the maximum - enter the 9pm fast-paced Open or BH. Clearly, they must enjoy it. Those who prefer a more sedate structure are catered for in slow-clock Deepstacks, which run every single Hour, 24/7.

So there is something for everyone, & the Poster who suggested Sky only have fast structures might do well to look again.
  • edited August 2009
    apology

I unreservedly apologise for my recent attack on barry,kirsty and greg.I was bang out of order.
     I must accept my punishment
    I do agree with DON and felt they just rubbished him,but once again i was bang out of order and apologise
  • edited August 2009
    apology I unreservedly apologise for my recent attack on barry,kirsty and greg.I was bang out of order.  I must accept my punishment I do agree with DON and felt they just rubbished him,but once again i was bang out of order and apologise
    Posted by igimc
    Hi I must admit did not expect an apology, so you have my respect sir. 
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Insult to poker : Hi I must admit did not expect an apology, so you have my respect sir. 
    Posted by mr_mbro

I second that, well done Fella.

Let's move on.

I did use the "Report Abuse" Facility, but I hope the Mods will now aceept that it was out of character, & that'll be the end of that.
  • edited August 2009
    Hi all, i have just read through this entire thread and it has really annoyed me. All the abuse from conspiracy theoriests is a joke. Before you enter any events you can see the buy in, number of players currently registered, blind levels etc... so you can never claim that it is bad 'value for money'. I never understand how poker can ever be bad value for money, if you get knocked out in the first hand then it is probably your own fault but that is the risk of poker. The quicker blind levels do not suit me very well because you are shove or fold in about 30 mins if you cant pick up some good cards or pots, but that is why i dont really play the mtt games like the open, bounty hunter etc. But then you play what you want and what suits you... its not hard to not register in a game you dont want to play!!! So instead of moaning how 'bad' it is then why not suggest improvements in the forum? I personally am a great fan of sky poker, the tv show is entertaining and adds an edge other poker sites do not have and the community is second to none! I to have played on other poker sites and they are all very similiar in terms of tournaments offered etc and certainly sky could improve. But the amount sky have listened to the forum suggestions is incredible and many improvements have already been made. Also most sites the chat function is silent... i find that very sad considering poker is a social game and sky poker community simply makes poker fun!
    One final point... one of the earlier posts smirked at the level of play on this site being below par... how could you ever complain? You look to play against weaker opponents to make money. Im sick of people moaning because they cant win money and then suggesting it is rigged etc... its a game of probability, utilise that and you will become a long term winner.
  • edited August 2009
    Hi all, i have just read through this entire thread and it has really annoyed me. All the abuse from conspiracy theoriests is a joke. Before you enter any events you can see the buy in, number of players currently registered, blind levels etc... so you can never claim that it is bad 'value for money'. I never understand how poker can ever be bad value for money, if you get knocked out in the first hand then it is probably your own fault but that is the risk of poker. The quicker blind levels do not suit me very well because you are shove or fold in about 30 mins if you cant pick up some good cards or pots, but that is why i dont really play the mtt games like the open, bounty hunter etc. But then you play what you want and what suits you... its not hard to not register in a game you dont want to play!!! So instead of moaning how 'bad' it is then why not suggest improvements in the forum? I personally am a great fan of sky poker, the tv show is entertaining and adds an edge other poker sites do not have and the community is second to none! I to have played on other poker sites and they are all very similiar in terms of tournaments offered etc and certainly sky could improve. But the amount sky have listened to the forum suggestions is incredible and many improvements have already been made. Also most sites the chat function is silent... i find that very sad considering poker is a social game and sky poker community simply makes poker fun! One final point... one of the earlier posts smirked at the level of play on this site being below par... how could you ever complain? You look to play against weaker opponents to make money. Im sick of people moaning because they cant win money and then suggesting it is rigged etc... its a game of probability, utilise that and you will become a long term winner.
    Posted by MrOrange
    Hi Mr Orange,

Yes, it is a bit galling to hear all the conspiracy & "it's rigged" stuff, but it's a cross Sky Poker have to bear.

Hey-ho!

• edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Insult to poker : Hi Mr Orange, Yes, it is a bit galling to hear all the conspiracy & "it's rigged" stuff, but it's a cross Sky Poker have to bear. Hey-ho!
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi tikay, I would like to say thank you for sticking up for us earlier in this thread, I must admit I hadnt read it until today, I will thank you when I next rail you.

I AM HAPPY RICH IF ALLRIGHT lol

Tace care m8
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Insult to poker : Hi tikay, I would like to say thank you for sticking up for us earlier in this thread, I must admit I hadnt read it until today, I will thank you when I next rail you. I AM HAPPY RICH IF ALLRIGHT lol Tace care m8
    Posted by acebarry10
    No worries Barry.

I really don't understand why anyone would make such comments, especially to folks like Greg, Kirstii, & yourself, so I was not best pleased.

The guy has now issued an unreserved apology, & I think that was the decent, & right, thing to do, so I hope we can all now move on togeher, holding hands & things.
  • edited August 2009

Not so sure about the holding hands part tikay...

• edited August 2009
    Not so sure about the holding hands part tikay...
    Posted by MrOrange
    Oh I dont know ;)
  • edited August 2009
    Funniest comment I heard at the Sky final live event when 77 rivered a 7 against AA was 'Live poker is rigged'.

Bad runs happen as well as the good ones...you just dont notice or complain when you are running good!
  • edited August 2009
    I play a lot of bigger live buy ins and play a few of the Sky games for a cheaper game and some comedic value from Tikay and Orford - well Orford if I'm truthful.

Out of all the games on Sky the BH is the one I much prefer because even if you don't make the money you still can make the money. No longer am I sweating to make the final 60 or so depending on the comp - in the BH I might get some money back and still go out early.

Each to his own but I love the BH. As for Sky poker being rigged....would the person who must be winning all the time step down and give us all a go? Oh - word tells me the winners are different each time....so it's not just me that gets the outdraws and bad beats then? Who would have thought... ;-)
  • edited August 2009
    I play a lot of bigger live buy ins and play a few of the Sky games for a cheaper game and some comedic value from Tikay and Orford - well Orford if I'm truthful. Out of all the games on Sky the BH is the one I much prefer because even if you don't make the money you still can make the money. No longer am I sweating to make the final 60 or so depending on the comp - in the BH I might get some money back and still go out early. Each to his own but I love the BH. As for Sky poker being rigged....would the person who must be winning all the time step down and give us all a go? Oh - word tells me the winners are different each time....so it's not just me that gets the outdraws and bad beats then? Who would have thought... ;-)
    Posted by Dingdell
    Wow - welcome to the Sky Poker Forum Miss DinglyDelly.

Wonderful to see you here.
  • edited August 2009
    Ii agree with the don .i enjoy playin on sky but it is like bingo most of the time.the fact that skys  large tornys are controlled by a t.v.  schedule  makes it that way..it also makes me dout the software..and to all the replys who say  .if u dont like it leave  ...lolol.....nice construtive  replys.  .wats the point of a community forum were u can air your views if the replys are ....if u dont like  u no wat u can do.....lolololol   jokers . if u dont agree say why.....Response to Insult to poker:
    I have just played the bounty hunter, which is the showpiece tournament of the evening and what a shambles of a game it is! 3k starting chips, Av stack of now just 12bb after 38mins (as I type) and almost half the field already eliminated. How is Sky Poker giving its customers value for money with games such as these? I know that none of your are true poker players but you're getting seriously short changed by the smiling faces that pretend to be your friends on here and on the screen all night. You only have to look around the internet for a few minutes to find far better value for money games and far better VIP programmes. I'm sure that this message won't really hit home with most of you, as you know no better having probably used the site since its conception but its flagship tournaments are insulting your collective intelligence and no amount of patronising telephone calls and condascending hand reviews are going to change that! I challenge the presenters to read this email on air and respond on air to my accusation that the flagship tournaments on this site offer little value for money for giving a true poker experience and allow for any kind of street by street post flop play after level three! Would the presenters play tournaments with a similar structure using their own money on a regular if they weren't contracted to Sky Poker? I appreciate that there are some time constraints to fit the tournament into the TV schedule but there are ways around that should they want to find them, such as an earlier start time by 1 hour, allowing for more time in the earlier levels and more bang for your buck. So, Richard and Ed, address this on air, I'd be interested in hearing your justifications for hosting such crapshoot tournaments night in, night out and not giving your players a proper poker experience for their hard earned cash. The--Don Barrow in Furness
    Posted by The--Don
  • edited August 2009
    Ii agree with the don .i enjoy playin on sky but it is like bingo most of the time.the fact that skys  large tornys are controlled by a t.v.  schedule  makes it that way..it also makes me dout the software..and to all the replys who say  .if u dont like it leave  ...lolol.....nice construtive  replys.  .wats the point of a community forum were u can air your views if the replys are ....if u dont like  u no wat u can do.....lolololol   jokers . if u dont agree say why.....Response to Insult to poker :
    Posted by zxghostxz
    I don't agree.

Why?

Because I cannot think of a single (sensible) reason why Sky Poker would wish to have rigged software. (Think "motive").

Can you?
  • edited August 2009
    Well if he thinks the software is rigged, then the software on other sites must be rigged because I suffered the same horrendous beats I occasionally do here on other sites.
  • edited August 2009
    Well if he thinks the software is rigged, then the software on other sites must be rigged because I suffered the same horrendous beats I occasionally do here on other sites.
    Posted by NColley
    I played in a big Tourney last night. £500 to enter, 151 runners, £20,000 to the winner.

Two guys got it all-in on this Flop.

4h, 2h, 2d

One had Ah-Kh. (so nut flush draw, & two overs).

The other guy had 4d, 4c - so he'd flopped the Nut House!

The Turn was a King, the River was another King, so the guy who flopped the boat got busted.

But they were both grown-ups, & understand that's how poker works, so there was no "it's rigged" suggestions, the 4-4 man just said "yikes", & that was that.

It was a Live Game.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Insult to poker : I played in a big Tourney last night. £500 to enter, 151 runners, £20,000 to the winner. Two guys got it all-in on this Flop. 4h, 2h, 2d One had Ah-Kh. (so nut flush draw, & two overs). The other guy had 4d, 4c - so he'd flopped the Nut House! The Turn was a King, the River was another King, so the guy who flopped the boat got busted. But they were both grown-ups, & understand that's how poker works, so there was no "it's rigged" suggestions, the 4-4 man just said "yikes", & that was that. It was a Live Game.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay, sorry this has nothing to do with your post, i just saw u were online... Is tonights show at 10pm covering the trny i won or a different 1? It is advertised to show the £4k BH but i thought it usually showed the Tuesday trny... It was the show you and Michelle did.

Thanks

Flash
  • edited August 2009
    I agree there as other poker sites i have played on you go into a multi at 8pm and I can still be in it at 1 or 2 am and there will still be about 80 to 100 players left. This with only 700 to 800 runners.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Insult to poker : Hi tikay, sorry this has nothing to do with your post, i just saw u were online... Is tonights show at 10pm covering the trny i won or a different 1? It is advertised to show the £4k BH but i thought it usually showed the Tuesday trny... It was the show you and Michelle did.  Thanks  Flash
    Posted by FlashFlush
    To be truthful Charles, I can't remember which Tourney we covered. Michelle & I did TWO Pre-Records - one on Monday (the League Final) & one last week, Thursday or Friday I think, but I can't recall what we covered last week right now - but I do know it was not a Tourney you won - I'd deffo recall that!
  • edited August 2009

Good post TK

I just think some people on here must be playing above their bankroll level or possibly they overrate their poker ability and think they should automatically win everytime they go in ahead.

Sure have a little bit of a 'mardy' or w/e after a bad beat, I know I like to say things like 'omg' or something similar, but then after a brief break, on to the next game. If you take it too badly then your going to go into games believing you'll lose and if you do that, theres no hope for you.

• edited August 2009
    Perhaps it's time to draw a line over this thread. This "Long-whatever his name was" has really caused a lot of upset on here which isn't really needed.

The sensible ones of us on here whether we play the 25p SnG's or nosebleed cash stakes (that's 95% of us) all know that all sites are much of a muchness when it comes to bad beats/outdraws. SKY is no different and the majority of us accept the fact that we're going to get a bad run from time to time.

I don't really know what motivates the likes of Don-thingy or long doodah, all I know is that there views and actions are divisive and annoying. Henceforth if they can't be engaged in reasonable dialogue without abuse surfacing then the best this to do is to ignore them altogether.

They will hopefully then realise that their puerile rants are pointless and they'll go away and annoy somebody else.

I am all for debate and reasoned argument which is what being part of this forum is all about, that and taking the micky out of Tikay and Richard (nothing personal there guys!) and just generally having fun. If I can make a few quid in the meantime all well and good but I'm not going to beat myself or anyone else up about it.

Sure, I'll moan from time to time and say naughty words such as "oh dear" from time to time but that's life!

Here endeth the sermon.......
  • edited August 2009
      Hi bin told to sling my hook from other thread you may feel free to tell me the same on this one   till you do I would like to put my two penneth in to this argument  I wonder how many of you have at some time thought the same that Sky cards we coming down on the river just to conveniently to put you out when you had the winning hand  or so you thought  but you never voiced it on the forum  well I for one thought this for a while  but looked back through my hands to discover I won a lot of them like that to  so it really is swing and roundabouts  but most people forget the swings and only remember the dumped outs    hence the game is rigged.   my theory for what its worth.
  • edited August 2009
    Thats exactly it... people dont remember when they suck out only when they are sucked out on and therefore assume the site is rigged. They seem to realise eventually though so its ok... they just need to cool off and evaluate the situation.