You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Insult to poker

1235»

Comments

• edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Insult to poker:
    Good post TK I just think some people on here must be playing above their bankroll level or possibly they overrate their poker ability and think they should automatically win everytime they go in ahead. Sure have a little bit of a 'mardy' or w/e after a bad beat, I know I like to say things like 'omg' or something similar, but then after a brief break, on to the next game. If you take it too badly then your going to go into games believing you'll lose and if you do that, theres no hope for you.
    Posted by NColley
    That's a very astute observation Mr Colley Sir. Beats hurt a lot more when you cannot afford to lose. Poker is a game -  GAME - & it makes no sense to play above your pocket.

"Beats" are challenging, & you see the real character emerge after a tough beat. Those with a bit of character & backbone accept it gracefully, those that don't have strength of character moan, whinge, & look for excuses. It's that simple.

As to folks blaming the soiftware, well, in my position, I can't really say what I think that says about them. But you can work that out......
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Insult to poker:
    Perhaps it's time to draw a line over this thread. This "Long-whatever his name was" has really caused a lot of upset on here which isn't really needed. The sensible ones of us on here whether we play the 25p SnG's or nosebleed cash stakes (that's 95% of us) all know that all sites are much of a muchness when it comes to bad beats/outdraws. SKY is no different and the majority of us accept the fact that we're going to get a bad run from time to time. I don't really know what motivates the likes of Don-thingy or long doodah, all I know is that there views and actions are divisive and annoying. Henceforth if they can't be engaged in reasonable dialogue without abuse surfacing then the best this to do is to ignore them altogether. They will hopefully then realise that their puerile rants are pointless and they'll go away and annoy somebody else. I am all for debate and reasoned argument which is what being part of this forum is all about, that and taking the micky out of Tikay and Richard (nothing personal there guys!) and just generally having fun. If I can make a few quid in the meantime all well and good but I'm not going to beat myself or anyone else up about it. Sure, I'll moan from time to time and say naughty words such as "oh dear" from time to time but that's life! Here endeth the sermon.......
    Posted by bobcat52
    Beautifully presented & articulated Bobcat - nice one. I love to see well-presented Posts, & that's a beauty.