You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New SnG promotion

Comments

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: New SnG promotion:
    Started.... and most likely failed my challenge tonight. Well maybe not quite failed just yet. have played 6 (still got a 7th going) and only won 1. Came close to 2nd 3 of the times but bubbled :( Not ran too well, kings being bust a couple times then someone calling my 3 barrel with 4th pair!! (lesson learnt not to try that again in micro stakes.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    How long is each game taking to complete on avg Ivan?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: New SnG promotion : How long is each game taking to complete on avg Ivan?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    not too sure, maybe about 25/30 mins
  • edited March 2014

I assume Head Hunters count?

Potential ROI of 445% per table.

I just saw a guy win one with 5 heads, his ROI was 336%.

Not a good start for me, I was the fifth head; my J7 no good on a 779 flop lol. Bricked my first 6-max.

• edited March 2014
    I assume Head Hunters count? Potential ROI of 445% per table. I just saw a guy win one with 5 heads, his ROI was 336%. Not a good start for me, I was the fifth head; my J7 no good on a 779 flop lol. Bricked my first 6-max.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

Just posted the same question on another thread.

Great minds.......!
  • edited March 2014
    This is an interesting promotion, but there are concerns for me.

I, like many others, am predominantly a DYM player. Due to the pure nature of DYM, the ROI is waaaaaaaaaaay lower than that of a good 6 max player.

I would like to have a go at playing 30 6 max games and have that count, but, having read the terms etc it looks like it would be combined with my dym games.

So I dont really get it, all DYM players are effectively never going to win at this promotion right?

Also is there a minimum buy in?
  • edited March 2014
    jacq im just going with dohhhh's idea - go with 30 6 max sng's if i have a decent ROI stop right there in hope i qualify for the final table thing and move to another site for remainder. If all goes wrong then can just back to my normal dym grind.

Someone from sky didnt really think it all thru from that perspective. im at -4% for first 4 games lol so might be back to my normal grind before the 30 games are even out! enjoying getting back o normal sng's tho - certainly a change from dyms
  • edited March 2014
    Cant see how they can be excluded, its just a wording thing. A DYM IS a 6max SnG. They all are, they're 6max and 'go' when 6 people 'sit'
  • edited March 2014
    My point is the bh IS a 6max SnG, they all are. Its like saying the ME isn't 6max cos its not in the title. All the games mentioned are SnGs and 6max, so can't see how they're not allowed.

Fwiw, I'm not defending them for my own benefit, I have no intention of playing the BH ones, its just pure punting imo and still think ROIs will be better in regulars
  • edited March 2014
    Well I'm in.

Been offsite for a while - just very busy no gripes with the site.

This PROMO is right up my street and just the thing to get me back playing and will hopefully get me back on track with my diary too.

Thank you Sky nice one.
  • edited March 2014
    I know what you saying mate ..but the terms and condition state which  sit n go`s qualify clearly. Maybe sky can clear up an lingering doubts you have. sky head hunter is the name of the BH you mention , its not called 6 max, Trust me these are not included. The prizing structure in them is completely different and does not accommodate the structure in the skill n go  promo.
    Posted by footsie66
    Not looking for an argument but

as lambert says, they are 6 max and they are SnG, so they are covered in those T&Cs.
    They are also under the same heading in the lobby as the regular SnG.
    Therefore they should qualify.

This needs clarifying quickly.
  • edited March 2014
    I know what you saying mate ..but the terms and condition state which  sit n go`s qualify clearly. Maybe sky can clear up an lingering doubts you have. sky head hunter is the name of the BH you mention , its not called 6 max, Trust me these are not included. The prizing structure in them is completely different and does not accommodate the structure in the skill n go  promo.
    Posted by footsie66
    Lets hope so
  • edited March 2014
    Even money says the winner of this will fail at Clause 7!  ;-(
  • edited March 2014
    Yes Footsie, read the thing you've bolded.

4. Only play on 6 Max Sit & Go’s, including DYMs will count towards this promotion.

Is a Sky Head Hunter a SnG? Yes.
    Is it 6 Max? Yes.

So it 100% falls into the category of 6 Max Sit & Go's. 

Tbh, Sky is the only site I've ever known where people don't call/treat DYMs as SnGs. They are SnGs, just a different type and this is a SnG promotion, for 6max SnGs. 

• edited March 2014
    I GIVE UP...... One last shot to convince any doubters is  look closely at clause 4 and its wording. Now look closely in the sit n go lobby and match the correct sit n go`s to the wording in clause 4 I am not posting again on this matter ..lol
    Posted by footsie66
    There are at least 4 people who disagree with your interpretation of that wording in clause 4.
    If you are correct, then fine,
    if not, also fine.

We just need it clarifying from sky before things get out of hand.
  • edited March 2014
    first SNG promo in a long time so i'm happy for that particular player pool.

gave 30 a shot tonight and finished like -35% roi..couple wins and 2nds i think but ran horrible in spots to basically win them. 

The promo overall is i think bad for sky - reason say a couple of very very active regs smash the first 30 in and are a lock for a seat, do they then not play again for the rest of the month ? or do they carry on lower thier roi but ink out whatever profit they would normally. If they choose to not play sky then loses out of the rake they would have normally made. 

i appreciate its very hard to think of/create any promo thats completely fair to all so thats just gotta be accepted. If i had to create one it would be something like cash in 5 sngs in a row [any format] as its still hard to achieve even hus and win a golden ticket or similar, tickets are acrued into a draw like held previously on here with no limit on tickets per player. I think this way grinders carry on as per and casuals are encouraged to play more aswell. One ticket players then basically have the same chance to win as only one can be pulled out at a time but i guess the probability favours those who get more.

just off the top of my head anyway, Good luck to those in with a chance at this ! i think tommyds arlready locked if he doesnt brick he last few games ;)
  • edited March 2014
    first SNG promo in a long time so i'm happy for that particular player pool. gave 30 a shot tonight and finished like -35% roi..couple wins and 2nds i think but ran horrible in spots to basically win them.  The promo overall is i think bad for sky - reason say a couple of very very active regs smash the first 30 in and are a lock for a seat, do they then not play again for the rest of the month ? or do they carry on lower thier roi but ink out whatever profit they would normally. If they choose to not play sky then loses out of the rake they would have normally made.  i appreciate its very hard to think of/create any promo thats completely fair to all so thats just gotta be accepted. If i had to create one it would be something like cash in 5 sngs in a row [any format] as its still hard to achieve even hus and win a golden ticket or similar, tickets are acrued into a draw like held previously on here with no limit on tickets per player. I think this way grinders carry on as per and casuals are encouraged to play more aswell. One ticket players then basically have the same chance to win as only one can be pulled out at a time but i guess the probability favours those who get more. just off the top of my head anyway, Good luck to those in with a chance at this ! i think tommyds arlready locked if he doesnt brick he last few games ;)
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Well I accidently stayed regged for one and bubbled it.  So ROI now around 41%.  FWIW I will be playing on :)
  • edited March 2014
    I like the sound of Nutter's ticket promo but guess one of the aspects is how easy it is for Sky to correctly collate the data (or build it into the software).

I think the 'losing the grinders' volume' is being overplayed slightly. Certainly when the leaderboard is put up you might have 6-10 players not willing to budge but others would have to play to try to catch up or just go back to their grinds. I like it for now, it's given me a bit of a rest after the rake race earlier in the month! Makes a nice change to be playing something different to DYMs too.
  • edited March 2014
    Yes Footsie, read the thing you've bolded. 4. Only play on 6 Max Sit & Go’s, including DYMs will count towards this promotion. Is a Sky Head Hunter a SnG? Yes. Is it 6 Max? Yes. So it 100% falls into the category of 6 Max Sit & Go's.  Tbh, Sky is the only site I've ever known where people don't call/treat DYMs as SnGs. They are SnGs, just a different type and this is a SnG promotion, for 6max SnGs. 
    Posted by Lambert180
    You are wrong Paul,give it up.
    The sit and go tournament on sky are called 6max tournaments,these differ from DYMs and Head Hunter tournament.
  • edited March 2014

Good morning.

Ooh, we have some confuseaments.

Well first up, I will write to Upstairs immediately, & ask them for a Ruling.

It should be fairly straightforward, & I hope they clear it up quickly, ideally this morning.

Either way......some players are going to be a bit disappointed, others gleeful, but hopefully not too upset. Both sides of the debate cannot be correct, that's for sure.  
  • edited March 2014

e-mail duly sent to Head Office.

Hoperfully, this can be cleared up this morning, nice & quickly.

• edited March 2014

My own personal view? 

A "6 Max SNG" is a generic term. To me, it means any SNG which contains 6 players, & is listed in the Sky Poker SNG Lobby.

The confusion seems to arise from one particular variant offered in the Lobby, & called "Six-Max".

Note the different annotation between the specific product, & the generic term.

Six-Max

6-Max SNG

Anyway, the Suits will clarify this nice & quickly, I'm sure.
  • edited March 2014
    I assume Head Hunters count? Potential ROI of 445% per table. I just saw a guy win one with 5 heads, his ROI was 336%. Not a good start for me, I was the fifth head; my J7 no good on a 779 flop lol. Bricked my first 6-max.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    That is being clarified, Gary. Personally, I see no reason why not.

If - IF - playing Head Hunters has the potential for greater ROI, then anyone has the ability & right to play them.
  • edited March 2014
    This is an interesting promotion, but there are concerns for me. I, like many others, am predominantly a DYM player. Due to the pure nature of DYM, the ROI is waaaaaaaaaaay lower than that of a good 6 max player. I would like to have a go at playing 30 6 max games and have that count, but, having read the terms etc it looks like it would be combined with my dym games. So I dont really get it, all DYM players are effectively never going to win at this promotion right? Also is there a minimum buy in?
    Posted by Jacquelyn
    Hi Jacquelyn. As it happens, I'm mainly a DYM player these days too, so we have at least something in common.

1) Yes, ALL games you play wll count. You can play any permissable variant you wish, including DYM's & Six Max. That is up to you. ALL the results will be combined to arrive at your Average ROI. You cannot have seperate averages for Six Max & DYM's, it all goes in the same pile.

2) There is no minumum buy-in, you can partake at whatever buy-in you wish. Playing the smallest or biggest buy-ins does NOT affect your ROI, the Maths are identical.

3) Yes, many players are suggesting that DYM players are disadvantaged, although I note one DTM player reportedly played 9 DYM's yesterday, & won 8 of them, so that's a serious number. To give DYM players an "equal chance", the Promo would have to be specifically DYM's ONLY. The same applies to ANY SNG format - the only way the playing field would be COMPLETELY level is is the Promo was for that variant ONLY. As there are numerous variants offered, that would be unworkable. Players need to evaluate what they think is the best route, & play accordingly. If you think Six-Max is likely to produce higher average ROI's, then you should consider playing them.

Good Luck, whatever route you take, & I hope you enjoy it.      

• edited March 2014
    jacq im just going with dohhhh's idea - go with 30 6 max sng's if i have a decent ROI stop right there in hope i qualify for the final table thing and move to another site for remainder. If all goes wrong then can just back to my normal dym grind. Someone from sky didnt really think it all thru from that perspective. im at -4% for first 4 games lol so might be back to my normal grind before the 30 games are even out! enjoying getting back o normal sng's tho - certainly a change from dyms
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Morning JD.

Thats a rather bold asumption, if I may say so.

How do you know it was not thought through properly?

6 players will make that £5,000 Guaranteed Final. 20 or 30 players will still be in with a chance as it nears the end of the Promo, on March 31st. But hundreds - maybe thousands, I've no idea? - will have entered Skill & Go. The vast majority of them, by then, will have no chance of making the Final.

Why would that force them to temporarily leave Sky Poker & play elsewhere, to "protect their position" if they are already out of the running?

I think what you mean is that the handful of players who post a monsta % early doors might then sit out to protect their position. Which may be true. But the % of players involved would be miniscule, & offset by the extra liquidity generated by the Promo. Maybe.........;)  

Anyway, good luck with Skill & Go.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: New SnG promotion : The terms state 6 max & DYMs   so Head hunter`s even with 6 players will be excluded one thinks?  as this inclusion after the event start ,could cause major problems.
    Posted by footsie66
    Hi bud, I miss seeing you on the PLO8 DYM's!

See my earlier replies.

It will be clarified this morning, & as it only began yesterday, I don't believe it will make a major difference.
  • edited March 2014
    To clarify guys, all 6 seater Sit & Go's found under the "Sit & Go" tab in the lobby are included, this includes the 6-max Head Hunters.
  • edited March 2014
    Well I'm in. Been offsite for a while - just very busy no gripes with the site. This PROMO is right up my street and just the thing to get me back playing and will hopefully get me back on track with my diary too. Thank you Sky nice one.
    Posted by Phantom66[/
    QUOTE]

Phantom!

Good to see you back, & I hope all is well away from poker, & at home.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: New SnG promotion : There are at least 4 people who disagree with your interpretation of that wording in clause 4. If you are correct, then fine, if not, also fine. We just need it clarifying from sky before things get out of hand.
    Posted by dragon1964
    Now clarified!
  • edited March 2014
    first SNG promo in a long time so i'm happy for that particular player pool. gave 30 a shot tonight and finished like -35% roi..couple wins and 2nds i think but ran horrible in spots to basically win them.  The promo overall is i think bad for sky - reason say a couple of very very active regs smash the first 30 in and are a lock for a seat, do they then not play again for the rest of the month ? or do they carry on lower thier roi but ink out whatever profit they would normally. If they choose to not play sky then loses out of the rake they would have normally made.  i appreciate its very hard to think of/create any promo thats completely fair to all so thats just gotta be accepted. If i had to create one it would be something like cash in 5 sngs in a row [any format] as its still hard to achieve even hus and win a golden ticket or similar, tickets are acrued into a draw like held previously on here with no limit on tickets per player. I think this way grinders carry on as per and casuals are encouraged to play more aswell. One ticket players then basically have the same chance to win as only one can be pulled out at a time but i guess the probability favours those who get more. just off the top of my head anyway, Good luck to those in with a chance at this ! i think tommyds arlready locked if he doesnt brick he last few games ;)
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Morning Ben.

Yes, a handful of early pacesetters may well "sit out" thereafter to protect their position, but as a % of the whole, that will be a very small number indeed.

I do quite like your other idea, of "five in a row", or something similar, but this, I fear, would be exploitable, & personally I'd be concerned as to the potential for collusion.

Who is TommyD?  
  • edited March 2014
    I like the sound of Nutter's ticket promo but guess one of the aspects is how easy it is for Sky to correctly collate the data (or build it into the software). I think the 'losing the grinders' volume' is being overplayed slightly. Certainly when the leaderboard is put up you might have 6-10 players not willing to budge but others would have to play to try to catch up or just go back to their grinds. I like it for now, it's given me a bit of a rest after the rake race earlier in the month! Makes a nice change to be playing something different to DYMs too.
    Posted by bbMike
    BOOM!

That is my view, too.