You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New SnG promotion

1235»

Comments

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: New SnG promotion:
    In Response to Re: New SnG promotion : BOOM! That is my view, too.
    Posted by Tikay10

mine too.

although I do think if it was tweaked next time, there shouldn't be any players lowering their volume, and less players staggering their SNGs over the whole 2 weeks, just cos they can...

the tweak?

... make every 30 game block a separate attempt.

the downside is that recreational players probably wont be able to compete so easily with the grinders, who could potentially be putting in 1-2 30 game blocka a day.

maybe sky intentionally didnt do it like this to make the playing field a bit more even.

It would be interesting to hear what others would prefer?

I'd certainly prefer the option to complete my 30 game block and start again - I've already c0cked up my shot at this leaderboard.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: New SnG promotion : mine too. although I do think if it was tweaked next time, there shouldn't be any players lowering their volume, and less players staggering their SNGs over the whole 2 weeks, just cos they can... the tweak? ... make every 30 game block a separate attempt. the downside is that recreational players probably wont be able to compete so easily with the grinders, who could potentially be putting in 1-2 30 game blocka a day. maybe sky intentionally didnt do it like this to make the playing field a bit more even. It would be interesting to hear what others would prefer? I'd certainly prefer the option to complete my 30 game block and start again - I've already c0cked up my shot at this leaderboard.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Personally, I LOVE that idea.

Maybe they will consider that next time.

I can't see too many downsides to it, in truth*. Sorry, but I always look for the downsides! That's the Charlie Munger "obverse" thing. Turn a problem upside down or back to front & see how it looks then.

In effect, players could have as many attempts as they wished if that Format were adopted in future. 

* Actually, I can see ONE downside. It favours those who have the time/money to play a lot more. For example, I could play 30 DYM's every night, so I'd get 14 goes at achieving a great score if the Promo lasted 2 weeks. Many players do not have that time or money, so they'd be disadvantaged.

I do like the idea of players suggesting these sort of things. One thing it shows is how difficult it is - well nigh impossible - to be fair to everyone.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: New SnG promotion : Personally, I LOVE that idea. Maybe they will consider that next time. I can't see too many downsides to it, in truth*. Sorry, but I always look for the downsides! That's the Charlie Munger "obverse" thing. Turn a problem upside down or back to front & see how it looks then.   In effect, players could have as many attempts as they wished if that Format were adopted in future.    * Actually, I can see ONE downside. It favours those who have the time/money to play a lot more. For example, I could play 30 DYM's every night, so I'd get 14 goes at achieving a great score if the Promo lasted 2 weeks. Many players do not have that time or money, so they'd be disadvantaged. I do like the idea of players suggesting these sort of things. One thing it shows is how difficult it is - well nigh impossible - to be fair to everyone.  
    Posted by Tikay10

yeah I did wonder why SKY hadn't done it this way from the off, but the more I thought about it, they could have just done it like this becasue it is the most fair way, and we all know how people like to complain about things not being fair.

As a business decision though, it definately makes sense to have each block a separate attempt IMO
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: New SnG promotion :@ reading my own bold 6 & six are not the same I will quietly eat humble pie in the corner.
    Posted by footsie66
    Taken like the Gent I know you to be, & as I expected.

You are right, too, it's easy to confuse the generic Term "6 Max" with the specific product offered in the Lobby as a "Six-Max".  Never were "6" & "Six" so different. Six of one, & 6 of the other, one might say.

Humble pie is not so bad, I've feasted off it for a very long time. As a bit of a Sports Bettor, I can tell you, Humble Pie beats Value Pie all day long. Cheaper, too.

Good luck.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: New SnG promotion : Taken like the Gent I know you to be, & as I expected. You are right, too, it's easy to confuse the generic Term "6 Max" with the specific product offered in the Lobby as a "Six-Max".  Never were "6" & "Six" so different. Six of one, & 6 of the other, one might say. Humble pie is not so bad, I've feasted off it for a very long time. As a bit of a Sports Bettor, I can tell you, Humble Pie beats Value Pie all day long. Cheaper, too.   Good luck.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Fray Bentos?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: New SnG promotion : You are wrong Paul,give it up. The sit and go tournament on sky are called 6max tournaments,these differ from DYMs and Head Hunter tournament.
    Posted by wynne1938
    I withdraw my comments.
    Apologies to Paul Lambert!
  • edited March 2014
    Fantastic promotion by Sky, delighted to see something that anybody can win rather than being based on poker points accumulated!

The only criticism I would have is that given how many people enter, it may have been more exciting to have the top 12 go into 2 semi-finals, and the top three in each of those go into the £5K guaranteed prizepool tournament - but that is just me being very picky and looking very hard for a possible improvement.

Really, great job Sky! :-)
  • edited March 2014
    No apologies required, I didn't even know myself whether they were included or not, I was just pointing out that they were 6max SnGs regardless of their name.

Still only on 3 games, need to pull my socks up. Gl all