You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Duck the Bounty Hunter

Comments

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: A Game of Ducks:
    VAMOS COLOMBIA! *Well done my 2nd home!!! <3 now - COME ON ENGLAND! Ps Bet on Wellbeck...he's actually playing right?!?
    Posted by mrsduck
    As Jac said, clearly rubbish at betting ;)
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: A Game of Ducks : As Jac said, clearly rubbish at betting ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    :P
  • edited June 2014
    Liking the philosophical posts Mrs D. I think the targets people put on themselves pokerwise can make people lose sight of what they are doing. when you first start playing poker it's for the enjoyment. If you are lucky or skillful enough to start winning money and become a winning reg, the focus gets switched to the money and the enjoyment diminishes. As long as you don't need poker winning to pay the bills then enjoy the fruits of your labour ��  I completely understand your attitude towards money. It has always fascinated me about people unquestionable faith in pieces of worthless paper or numbers on a screen.  A bit off topic but if you want something to ponder have a look into "the straw man illusion" and also the creation of money. Absolutely mind blowing.  Enjoy your winnings Mrs D
    Posted by ShaunyT

Hey Shauny...thanks for your post!
    I tried to check this out but it seemed really super conspiracy-esque to me?! Is the creation of money a separate book or part of the same one? That sounds more my thing.. xx

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Ducky's 2nd Challenge ~ 5K for Christmas. Current BR £1385.41:
    GOOD LUCK DUCKY!!! (*  *)    ^ DEV
    Posted by devonfish5

Thanks Dev!!
    I'm going to play loads more DYM's so hope to see you there soon :)

• edited June 2014
    A fateful £11 DYM one Monday night

I haven't been able to catch a break in MTTs the last couple of weeks so I decided to try and rebuild a bit through DYMs. So feeling a little down on my play I registered for an £11 DYM. One other player is already registered so I load up the lobby to take a peak at who it is...

It was JohnConnor, basically the DYM king!! I make a kind of guffaw sound at my continued bad luck and find my finger hovering over the de-reg button. At that moment I couldn't ever remember ever, ever playing any kind of game with him...so I was a little bit curious too. I then realised I didn't have to actually beat him, this was a DYM after all so me, him and another chosen one could all prosper. Just as these thoughts ran through my mind and my confidence began to return enough to stop hovering over de-reg, another player regged...
    The name appeared, ominous, bleak and heavy ~

JohnConnor
    mrsduck
    deadduck

Deadduck?? I couldn't stop laughing at this fickle fate that fell upon me! Well that cemented it. I would have to play this DYM and tackle fate to the ground. I resolved that me, JohnConnor and deadduck should be the chosen ones to emerge from this epic battle, YES! we were to be The Three Musketeers bound by our choice.. to simultaneously chose that one £11 DYM on a hot sticky monday evening.
    As the table loaded up and the first hand was dealt I at once spotted I already had a note on JohnConnor...oh what could it be?

King of the DYM?
    Prince of poker on Sky?
    Gentleman?
    Mentor?
    One of the good guys?

NO! It read "an absolute ********" I couldn't contain my chortling any longer. One day many moons ago I'd met JohnConnor at some other table and branded him with an expletive. There was nothing for it, The Three Musketeers must be disbanded this instance. This was now war, MrsD against the world. Needless to say both I and JohnConnor cashed and as for deadduck...he... well, he died.

• edited June 2014
    A fateful £11 DYM one Monday night I haven't been able to catch a break in MTTs the last couple of weeks so I decided to try and rebuild a bit through DYMs. So feeling a little down on my play I registered for an £11 DYM. One other player is already registered so I load up the lobby to take a peak at who it is... It was JohnConnor, basically the DYM king!! I make a kind of guffaw sound at my continued bad luck and find my finger hovering over the de-reg button. At that moment I couldn't ever remember ever, ever playing any kind of game with him...so I was a little bit curious too. I then realised I didn't have to actually beat him, this was a DYM after all so me, him and another chosen one could all prosper. Just as these thoughts ran through my mind and my confidence began to return enough to stop hovering over de-reg, another player regged... The name appeared, ominous, bleak and heavy ~ JohnConnor mrsduck deadduck Deadduck?? I couldn't stop laughing at this fickle fate that fell upon me! Well that cemented it. I would have to play this DYM and tackle fate to the ground. I resolved that me, JohnConnor and deadduck should be the chosen ones to emerge from this epic battle, YES! we were to be The Three Musketeers bound by our choice.. to simultaneously chose that one £11 DYM on a hot sticky monday evening. As the table loaded up and the first hand was dealt I at once spotted I already had a note on JohnConnor...oh what could it be? King of the DYM? Prince of poker on Sky? Gentleman? Mentor? One of the good guys? NO! It read "an absolute ********" I couldn't contain my chortling any longer. One day many moons ago I'd met JohnConnor at some other table and branded him with an expletive. There was nothing for it, The Three Musketeers must be disbanded this instance. This was now war, MrsD against the world. Needless to say both I and JohnConnor cashed and as for deadduck...he... well, he died.
    Posted by mrsduck

Secret non posting reader here. 

....but have to say post of the day for me this. TY. No moaning.....no bad beats....no 'lookatwhatIcouldofwon'.....just a FUN post!

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: A Game of Ducks : Secret non posting reader here.  ....but have to say post of the day for me this. TY. No moaning.....no bad beats....no 'lookatwhatIcouldofwon'.....just a FUN post! ☺
    Posted by MAXALLY

MAXALLY it's 9.57am you can't possibly call post of the day yet!!!
    ...but thank you... :D

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: A Game of Ducks : Hey Shauny...thanks for your post! I tried to check this out but it seemed really super conspiracy-esque to me?! Is the creation of money a separate book or part of the same one? That sounds more my thing.. xx
    Posted by mrsduck
    Yeah I know what you mean, but if you check youtube out there are lots of examples of people putting the strawman illusion to the test, some even secretly filmed in court! I love the concept that we have all being duped into taking responsibility for a legal fiction that doesn't exist. There is an ebook or pdf called something like "how I clobbered every cash confiscating system known to man" by a women who just completely detached herself from her legal person.  Also there are lots of people putting the "free man on the land" concept into practice. Pretty much the same thing. Very interesting.

The creation of money and the central banking system sort of go hand in hand. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmPchuXIXQ

This is the first of a few videos that detail the history of the central banking system in America and the move from the gold standard to fractional banking. All countries have moved from the gold standard which means banks can create money out of thin air, which isn't backed by anything of value (fiat currency).

There loooooaaaadddssss of stuff about money creation. Hopefully you will find some of it interesting.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: A Game of Ducks : Secret non posting reader here.  ....but have to say post of the day for me this. TY. No moaning.....no bad beats....no 'lookatwhatIcouldofwon'.....just a FUN post! ☺
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Ps MAXALLY Grammaaaaarrrr pls! Worse than my Upper Int's!
    :P
  • edited June 2014
    Ouch, very unlucky in the Bounty Hunter Mrs Duck. Must learn to run better :)

Even unluckier than you thought because I made this uber-tight fold based on my notes on you. I'd have 4-bet jammed over 95%+ of villains in this spot, including all unknowns. If I had surely the guy with KT would have folded pre. 
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    boxer147 Small blind  30.00 30.00 2218.75
    mrsduck Big blind  60.00 90.00 2527.50
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

GaryQQQ Raise  155.00 245.00 1770.00
    movieman Fold     
    RH0258 Call  155.00 400.00 4583.75
    rhinos2821 Call  155.00 555.00 3145.00
    boxer147 Call  125.00 680.00 2093.75
    mrsduck Raise  840.00 1520.00 1687.50
    GaryQQQ Fold     
    RH0258 Fold     
    rhinos2821 Call  745.00 2265.00 2400.00
    boxer147 Fold     
    Flop

• J

mrsduck All-in  1687.50 3952.50 0.00
    rhinos2821 Call  1687.50 5640.00 712.50
    mrsduck Show
    • K
    • K

rhinos2821 Show
    • K

Turn

• A

River

rhinos2821 Win Three 10s 5640.00  6352.50
  • edited June 2014
    Ouch, very unlucky in the Bounty Hunter Mrs Duck. Must learn to run better :) Even unluckier than you thought because I made this uber-tight fold based on my notes on you. I'd have 4-bet jammed over 95%+ of villains in this spot, including all unknowns. If I had surely the guy with KT would have folded pre.  Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance boxer147 Small blind   30.00 30.00 2218.75 mrsduck Big blind   60.00 90.00 2527.50   Your hole cards Q Q       GaryQQQ Raise   155.00 245.00 1770.00 movieman Fold         RH0258 Call   155.00 400.00 4583.75 rhinos2821 Call   155.00 555.00 3145.00 boxer147 Call   125.00 680.00 2093.75 mrsduck Raise   840.00 1520.00 1687.50 GaryQQQ Fold         RH0258 Fold         rhinos2821 Call   745.00 2265.00 2400.00 boxer147 Fold         Flop     10 J 10       mrsduck All-in   1687.50 3952.50 0.00 rhinos2821 Call   1687.50 5640.00 712.50 mrsduck Show K K       rhinos2821 Show K 10       Turn     A       River     9       rhinos2821 Win Three 10s 5640.00   6352.50
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    AWWWW Garyyyyy!! :(:( Sad faces all round!
    </3
    SNIFFFF!

You gotta win it now ;)
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: A Game of Ducks : Ps MAXALLY Grammaaaaarrrr pls! Worse than my Upper Int's! :P
    Posted by mrsduck

yeah yeah yeah.....like you is an English teacher or summat!

I carnt help it if folk dont talk proper like what I do....init.

PS. If Mr Connor is king of the DYM's, Mr 3 Q's must be the prince of the BH's.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: A Game of Ducks : yeah yeah yeah.....like you is an English teacher or summat! I carnt help it if folk dont talk proper like what I do....init. PS. If Mr Connor is king of the DYM's, Mr 3 Q's must be the prince of the BH's.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Fo Shizzle!!
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: A Game of Ducks : AWWWW Garyyyyy!! :(:( Sad faces all round! </3 SNIFFFF! You gotta win it now ;)
    Posted by mrsduck
    Not my day either. Lost a whopper for my 4th head-prize on the stone-cold bubble when my KK (aka the hand of doom) failed to hold against a limp/caller with Ax. Couldn't find a way back, had to settle for a min-cash.
  • edited June 2014
    Mini Challenge ~ £36 - ?

Since I stopped the big 5k challenge I've managed to splaff about £200 up the wall. Obviously I'm not over the moon about that! This is my attempt in not wasting any more cash short term... :)
    Today I've deposited £23 (don't ask me why £23...but there was a method in my madness!). My aim is to not have to re-deposit before September. I have a pretty chocker 2 months coming up and I want to get back to playing poker for fun, to unwind and relax, not stressing out about making any mega profits or worrying about making too many deposits etc etc.

I've currently got around 2300PP too so if I go bust I'll at least get another £23 to try again in July! :)

Will keep you updated...

NOTE TO SELF -
    Play more DYMs Ducky!

*Only went bust in a few hours!!!! Deposited another £13 gonna have to go onto £1 DYMs?

• edited June 2014
    All the best ducky. Looking forward too seeing your progress. 
  • edited June 2014
    Good luck Ducky :)
  • edited June 2014
    Going terribly!!

Bankroll at £4.21...may not make it through the night!
    Playing all the freerolls tonight and £1.15 DYMs, fingers crossed!
    ~ Pray for me :D
  • edited June 2014
    Maybe my luck is changing...? :)
    tbomber805 Small blind   100.00 100.00 2120.00
    mrsduck Big blind   200.00 300.00 870.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

gpc70 Fold        
    lms1976 Fold        
    tbomber805 Call   100.00 400.00 2020.00
    mrsduck All-in   870.00 1270.00 0.00
    tbomber805 Call   870.00 2140.00 1150.00
    tbomber805 Show

mrsduck Show
    • A

Flop

• A
    • A
    • A

Turn

River

mrsduck Win Four Aces 2140.00   2140.00
  • edited June 2014
    Bust! :( BR £0.31 2417PP
    Freerolls till the PP payday
    Run good everyone! xx

*Found a 30p Turbo DYM and won ~ had 51p BR. Found another 30p Turbo DYM and lost.
    ~ BR £0.21 2419PP

Looking for a miracle ;)

• edited June 2014
    "And may that miracle be thrust upon you young lady"

(*  *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited June 2014
    Jus sayin...there should definitely be a prize for losing a full house with Aces!
    shaunswe10 Small blind   15.00 15.00 1955.00
    mrsduck Big blind   30.00 45.00 2180.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

adw1984 Call   30.00 75.00 1925.00
    Wilton Fold        
    bullshop4 Call   30.00 105.00 1970.00
    evadogjd Call   30.00 135.00 1850.00
    shaunswe10 Fold        
    mrsduck Raise   120.00 255.00 2060.00
    adw1984 Call   120.00 375.00 1805.00
    bullshop4 Call   120.00 495.00 1850.00
    evadogjd Call   120.00 615.00 1730.00
    Flop

• A
    • Q

mrsduck Bet   461.25 1076.25 1598.75
    adw1984 Fold        
    bullshop4 All-in   1850.00 2926.25 0.00
    evadogjd All-in   1730.00 4656.25 0.00
    mrsduck Call   1388.75 6045.00 210.00
    mrsduck Show
    • A
    • A

bullshop4 Show
    • J

evadogjd Show

Turn

River

evadogjd Win Four 6s 5805.00   5805.00
    mrsduck Win Full House, Aces and 6s 240.00   450.00
  • edited June 2014
    Crucified on Friday and ressurected...well, one day early, Saturday!

Regged for every freeroll today and found a bit of luck in the Social freeroll winning £0.63!
    Have been playing DYMs ever since and I've managed to spin it up to £3.49 :)

BR £3.49
    2430PP

Bring on tomorrow! :D

PS ~ WTFG Colombia!!!
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: A Game of Ducks - Mini Challenge ~ £36 -?:
    "And may that miracle be thrust upon you young lady" (*  *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Thanks for the thrust Dev! ;)
  • edited June 2014
    Getting back into the swing of it :)
    BR £5.74
    2440PP
  • edited June 2014
    must be crushing to run up the roll using 60p dyms - good work!

and yeah, play up Colombia... TID!
  • edited June 2014
    must be crushing to run up the roll using 60p dyms - good work! and yeah, play up Colombia... TID!
    Posted by shakinaces
    Hey Shakey, I played just one 60p DYM then jumped straight into the £1.15 ones, risky I know but you only live once right? :D
  • edited June 2014
    Feeling some seriously good vibes today... :)

Had a couple of super lovely private classes this morning. The first basically an hour and a half of Philosophical chat with a Ukrainian guy and the second another hour and a half of Economical and women problems chat with an Argentinian guy. Tomorrow amongst others I've got my absolute favourite private Polish lady...so loving life right now!

Got my bankroll up to six pound something yesterday, so put all my Ducky eggs in one basket this avo and played a £5.75BH. Played so well, felt really good and loving playing properly again but in the end called off an all in by a mega stack just before the bubble with AhKh and lost to 1010. Don't think it was a mistake..he kept going all in without raising, once or twice an orbit for the last level or two, just think I was unlucky I wasn't dominating that one time that someone called him. That's poker :)

Anyway bankroll still steady at £4.63 2452PP. So that's a nice £24.52 to add in a few days :)
    A couple of generous people voted for me in TOTPs so dead chuffed to be able to take part in that too on weds.
    Everything's looking up!

A spooky Ducky story 
    Mr Duck bought a massive book of poetry the other day and when I say massive, we're talking hundreds of random poems. So last night I open up the book and start doing that flicky thing where you flick the pages and someone shouts stop and you read whatever the page it lands on, so Mr Duck shouts stop and the page falls open to a poem called Ducks!! A lovely poem about how great ducks are!! So funny, I knew then that this was going to be a good week :)

If enough people demand it, I'll post a bit of the poem here!
    Have a lovely week and run good guys, 
    Ducky xx
  • edited June 2014
    Post some Poetry ducky, might brighten up the forum a bit :-)
    Oh and good luck in the TOTP - well deserved seat.
  • edited June 2014
    Post some Poetry ducky, might brighten up the forum a bit :-) Oh and good luck in the TOTP - well deserved seat.
    Posted by VespaPX
    +1

Best diary on the forum right now