You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM/CASH challenge.

Comments

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £33.00):
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £33.00) : Hi mate, yes it is possible to beat the 60p level, i did start there...for a day or so  :) I also used the 60p & £1 dym's to practise multi-tabling. do you plan on moving up to the £1 at any stage? gl, dev
    Posted by devonfish5

Once I get myself upto around £20 which is around 20 buy-ins, be a while yet, but not too long if I keep up the form that I've displayed tonight. Im currently 3/3 and my win-streak is four, inc my last DYM of the night on friday & no play saturday.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £33.00):
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £33.00) : Cheers mate, all makes sense.  :) I think where i went wrong was trying to play too many tables. how many tables are you playing now? thanks, dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Im just playing 2 tables at the moment 1 £5 table and 1 £10 one

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £33.00) : Once I get myself upto around £20 which is around 20 buy-ins, be a while yet, but not too long if I keep up the form that I've displayed tonight. Im currently 3/3 and my win-streak is four, inc my last DYM of the night on friday & no play saturday.
    Posted by GaryLaud
    well played Gary,
    nice going, keep it up,
    best wishes, dev
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £33.00) : Im just playing 2 tables at the moment 1 £5 table and 1 £10 one
    Posted by spinky6108
    thanks spinky,
    good luck with it. please let me know how it's going for you, from time to time.
    best wishes, dev
  • edited June 2014
    day 3
    Monday  16/6/14

£1  W 1  +£0.85
          L  2  -£2.30
                ---------
                -£1.45

£2  W  4  +£7.00
          L  2   -£4.50
                 ---------
                 +£2.50

WON  £1.05    B/R  £36.75

played 2 x £2  & 1 x £1   at a time, then re-loaded the same again.
    so 3 x 3 table mini sessions if you like.
    reasons; to try it out
                 play 3 games and then re-assess
                 stop when i want
                 watch all the players actions more closely

verdict; good. lost the first 2 sessions 2-1,  won the 3rd session 3-0  which saved the day.
               going to be usefull if i ever move up to the £5 or higher levels?

going to continue this for the next few sessions and see how it goes.
    happy with my game, just need the good run factor to kick in, and all will be fine again.  :)

laters,
    dev

• edited June 2014
    Good luck with this dev will be reading with interest, i'm sure as soon as you get a bit more of a roll behind you the profit will start rolling in regularly.
  • edited June 2014
    Are you coming across the same players a lot?
    If so, are you taking notes?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £36.75):
    Good luck with this dev will be reading with interest, i'm sure as soon as you get a bit more of a roll behind you the profit will start rolling in regularly.
    Posted by benc
    Cheers Ben,
    dev
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £35.70):
    Are you coming across the same players a lot? If so, are you taking notes?
    Posted by VespaPX
    Hi Mick,
    yes, there are a few regs obviously, but not many that i remember from last time, so i am making the odd note here & there, but it's tricky when playing 9 tables or so, as i have been.
    today i only played 3 tables at a time, so i was making more notes on each table, only simple stuff like who was limping, and who would check then fold to my flop bet, who was slow playing(i make them go pink in colour), etc.
    nothing very exciting i'm afraid, but it does all help for sure, i think.
    i think at the £3 and under levels you can play them two ways;
    1,  multi-table as many tables as you can cope with, which will eliminate variance, certainly over each month anyway.
    or 2,  play 2or 3 tables and make much more detailed notes on every player you come across, which should give you enough edge to grind out a profit.
    gl mate, dev
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £35.70):
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £35.70) : Hi Mick, yes, there are a few regs obviously, but not many that i remember from last time, so i am making the odd note here & there, but it's tricky when playing 9 tables or so, as i have been. today i only played 3 tables at a time, so i was making more notes on each table, only simple stuff like who was limping, and who would check then fold to my flop bet, who was slow playing(i make them go pink in colour), etc. nothing very exciting i'm afraid, but it does all help for sure, i think. i think at the £3 and under levels you can play them two ways; 1,  multi-table as many tables as you can cope with, which will eliminate variance, certainly over each month anyway. or 2,  play 2or 3 tables and make much more detailed notes on every player you come across, which should give you enough edge to grind out a profit. gl mate, dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Cheers for the reply Ian,
    Option 2 is my preference as my laptop struggles with multitabling.
    When i moved over to PLO8 DYM's i spent more time taking notes than actually playing for the first couple of weeks, but has paid off on many occasion.

Run good bud
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £35.70) : Cheers for the reply Ian, Option 2 is my preference as my laptop struggles with multitabling. When i moved over to PLO8 DYM's i spent more time taking notes than actually playing for the first couple of weeks, but has paid off on many occasion. Run good bud
    Posted by VespaPX
    no worries Mick,
    yes, watching players is always a good thing, and it's free.
    all players have betting patterns and play each session pretty much the same, i believe.
    especially when multi-tabling it's pretty much abc stuff, which really good players can exploit to some extent.
    option 2, is probably the better of the two options, especially when moving up the levels, i'm thinking.
    run good yourself mate,
    Ian.
  • edited June 2014
    day 3
    Monday 16/6/14

£1  W  5   +£4.25
          L   1   -£1.15
                  ---------
                  +£3.10

£2  W  4  +£7.00
          L   8  -£18.00
                 ----------
                 -£11.00

LOST  £7.90   B/R  £28.85

played 6 x 3 table sessions  as earlier today.
    doing ok until i lost last 4 x £2 games.
    overall won 9  lost 9   so can't really complain as it all evens out long term.
    will see how next session goes, and if needed drop down to playing £1 & £0.50 games, if i go below £20  :(
    now this is beginning to feel like a challenge already, and it's only day 3,  but i am prepared for it mentally, as this kind of start is always a possibilty.
    We are down but far from out. I need to raise my game, and now more than ever need that little bit of luck, that so far has eluded me.
    Game on!!!  :)

• edited June 2014
    Good luck in your challenge devonfish I'll look forward to following this.  You'll have a change in luck shortly no doubt about that!
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £28.85 :(:
    Good luck in your challenge devonfish I'll look forward to following this.  You'll have a change in luck shortly no doubt about that!
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    Thanks mate,
    hope it starts today,  ha ha.
    yeah, you know how it can go sometimes, it can be pretty brutal can't it.
    had a guy calling me down y'day for his stack, all he had was a gutshot, course he hit his jack on river didn't he  :(
    anyway, i'm trying to stay positive. today is maybe make or break day, or that's how it feels.
    deffo be dropping at least one of the £2 tables maybe both if this downward slide continues.

• edited June 2014

Belated welcome back and good luck with this Dev.

You're probably the person responsible for me having a roll to work with on Sky, as I was inspired to hit the DYMs due to your diary a year or so ago and hit a heater that bumped me to a level where I had the money to play NL10. 

So thank you and am sure you'll get this moving in the right direction imminently, even if the worst case scenario requires a top up first. There's no way the standard has improved much (if at all) so once you have your notes built up on new players it'll only be variance that will temper the bankroll increase.

Of course, when you are back to 18-tables or something equally daft, even variance should iron itself out each session I should imagine!!

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £28.85 :(:
    Belated welcome back and good luck with this Dev. You're probably the person responsible for me having a roll to work with on Sky, as I was inspired to hit the DYMs due to your diary a year or so ago and hit a heater that bumped me to a level where I had the money to play NL10.  So thank you and am sure you'll get this moving in the right direction imminently, even if the worst case scenario requires a top up first. There's no way the standard has improved much (if at all) so once you have your notes built up on new players it'll only be variance that will temper the bankroll increase. Of course, when you are back to 18-tables or something equally daft, even variance should iron itself out each session I should imagine!!
    Posted by shakinaces
    Thanks for that mate, you've made me smile,  ha ha.
    yes, i can & will top up if needed but hopefully can still turn it around in the second half  :
    cheers shakin,
    dev
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £28.85 :( : Thanks mate, hope it starts today,  ha ha. yeah, you know how it can go sometimes, it can be pretty brutal can't it. had a guy calling me down y'day for his stack, all he had was a gutshot, course he hit his jack on river didn't he  :( anyway, i'm trying to stay positive. today is maybe make or break day, or that's how it feels. deffo be dropping at least one of the £2 tables maybe both if this downward slide continues.
    Posted by devonfish5
    Stay positive, it will turn around.  Remember, those gutshot hunters are exactly why it's +EV for us so when they do get there don't forget to congratulate them as they don't get there that often :)
  • edited June 2014
    day 4
    Tuesday  17/6/14

£1  W 1   +£0.85
          L  1   -£1.15
                 ---------
                  -£0.30

£2   W  1  +£1.75
           L   0  £0.00
                   -------
                  +£1.75

WON  £1.45   B/R  £30.30      pts; £1.70  to come

playing 2 x £1  &  1 x £2  today.  booking any winning session to build bankroll & confidence.
                                                   ran better, winning 2 vital flips,( one a 50/50 second when allin i am 60/40 fav), which is a big part in dym's at times.
                                                   makes up a little for what has been happening the last few days.  :)
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £28.85 :( : Stay positive, it will turn around.  Remember, those gutshot hunters are exactly why it's +EV for us so when they do get there don't forget to congratulate them as they don't get there that often :)
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    Ha Ha,  cheers mate.
    yes you are quite right of course, it's just that every time I am losing at the moment it is a big £4 diference which i really need right now.  :)
    still, got to stay positive and stick with my  plan and drop down on table levels as and when needed, like today playing  2 x £1  & just the 1 x £2.
    cheers, dev
  • edited June 2014
     day 4
    Tuesday 17/6/14

busy evening;  12th in 7pm football freeroll
                          2nd in 7pm ukop qualifyer
                          10th in ukop semi final(top 4 get final seats. i was looking for 5th place; £132  :)
                          exit hand allin with A 10 CLUBS V Q9   LOST TO TRIP 999,  BRILLIANT... call the Police  :)

never mind, 3 & 3/4 hours entertainment for free  

on to the daily poker;

£1  W  1  +£0.85
          L  1   -£1.15
                 ---------
                  -£0.30

£2  W  1  +£1.75
          L   0  -£0.00
                 --------
                 +£1.75

WON  £1.45     B/R  £31.75     PTS; £1.77 to come

ALL IN ALL A GOOD DAY.  2 sessions played, both won.
                                        going to continue playing in 3 game mini sessions of 2 x £1  &  1 x £2 games for the next few days, and continue booking the win, when i win obviously.
    today was always going to be a big day after all the losing sessions, so am really happy with how it turned out.
    night all, thanks for reading,
    dev

ps;  not sure if this will post, but i'll try it;

here is a link to my diary of my first dym challenge, for anyone that may be interested, which was done 2 years ago.  

• edited June 2014
    day 5
    Wednesday  18/6/14

£1  W 2  +£1.70
          L  0  -£0.00
                ----------
                 +£1.70

£2  W 1   +£1.75
          L  0   -£0.00
                 ----------
                +£1.75

WON  £3.45   B/R  £35.20      PTS  £2.24 TO COME   (won 40 last night in freeroll tornament)

perfect session, getting back towards starting over again  :)
    continuing with the slowly slowly  approach.

• edited June 2014
    day 6
    Thursday  19/6/14

£2    W 0  £0.00
           L  1   -£2.25
                  --------
                  -£2.25

£1   W  12   +£10.20 
           L    8    -£9.20
                     ---------
                    +£1.00

LOST  £1.25    B/R  £33.95      PTS  £2.67

bad start losing 1 x £2.25 game. decided to play just the £1 after that.
    no real damage done. shame i lost last  2 x £1 games as winning just one would have been a winnning session.
    ran up a few points anyway,
    laters,
    dev

• edited June 2014
    day 6
    Thursday  19/6/14  part 2...

£1  W  7  +£5.95
          L   5  -£5.75
                  ----------
                 + £0.20

WON  £0.20    B/R   £34.15       PTS   £2.91 to come

playing safe just £1 games atm
    building pts up nicely too, which makes such a diference,when you get the cash next month.
    it is more important not to lose at this stage, especially after I have already suffered 2 x £7 losses so early.

• edited June 2014
    day 7
    Friday  20/6/14

£1  W 6  +£5.10
          L  2  -£2.30
                ---------
                +£2.80

WON  £2.80    B/R  £36.95    PTS  £3.07

nice session, moving forwards. actually in profit by £0.02 with my pts added on  :)
    still continuing with the £1 games for the moment Gary!!!  (a little football pun for all you footie fans out there.
  • edited June 2014
    If that was a question aimed at me? No. Will be dropping back down to £0.60p DYM's as I could not get to grips with the play in those and I've now played 4x £1.15/£1.10 DYM's and lost every time.

Yet in the 60p Variety, I'm on top form, and have only lost twice in like my last twelve 60p DYM's so playing these really really well indeed. I just jumped up in the vain hope of trying Lambert's DYM challenge, and got trash talked into playing another £1 game thereafter..
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £36.95):
    If that was a question aimed at me? No. Will be dropping back down to £0.60p DYM's as I could not get to grips with the play in those and I've now played 4x £1.15/£1.10 DYM's and lost every time. Yet in the 60p Variety, I'm on top form, and have only lost twice in like my last twelve 60p DYM's so playing these really really well indeed. I just jumped up in the vain hope of trying Lambert's DYM challenge, and got trash talked into playing another £1 game thereafter..
    Posted by GaryLaud
    It was NOT aimed at you Gary, btw, it was as I said a football pun thrown in due to the world cup being on.
    I know what yoy mean about how other peoples comments do influence your decisions, and how often this can backfire on you.... referring back to my last dym challengs, it happened to me a number of times.
    play the 60p dym's, build your b/r back up, then give the £1 another go. you ideally need a £20 b/r imo.
    good luck Gary, you can do it.
    dev
  • edited June 2014
    day 7,
    Friday 20/6/14  part 2...

£1  W  11   +£9.35
          L    7    -£8.05
                     ---------
                     +£1.30

WON £1.30   B/R  £38.25     PTS  £3.43

a nice little win, could have been better, losing last 2 games.
    nearly back where to where we began a week ago, so quite pleased after bad start.

• edited June 2014
    Keep it up Dev :)
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £38.25):
    Keep it up Dev :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    Thank you Ducky,
    you too mate,
    dev
  • edited June 2014
    Thought youd've completed this challenge by now dev!!
    Must do better,lol
    Be good m8
    paul