You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM/CASH challenge.

Comments

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £44.55):
    Good to see you are moving in the right direction Dev Keep it going Nick
    Posted by pompeynic
    Thanks Nick.
  • edited June 2014
    dat 13
    Thursday 26/6/14

£1   W  9   +£7.65
           L   5   -£5.75
                    ---------
                    +£1,90

WON  £1.90   B/R  £46.45   PTS  £5.27

lost first 2 games, so very happy with the result today.
  • edited June 2014
    Well done Dev going the right way now. When do you move up tp £2 DYMs
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £46.45):
    Well done Dev going the right way now. When do you move up tp £2 DYMs
    Posted by spinky6108
    Thanks mate,
    did play a few £2 at the start but had 2 x £7 losses so had to drop  down and play just the £1 games.
    going to try them again when b/r is £60 i think, just 1 table to start off & see how it goes.
    cheers buddy, run good,
    dev
  • edited June 2014
    If you dont mind me asking, how did you start multi tabling? I tried it last night for the 1st time and it threw me a bit tbh. Didnt know whether I was coming or going for a bit. Is it just a case of starting slowly and getting used to it before building up?

Stupidly I was in the 8pm BH and a DYM so chopping back and for from super tight to normal tournie play was daft. Do you find grinding DYMs has an affect on your tournie play? May just be a coincidence but after playing a lot of DYMs, i have played 2 tournies and bombed out early due to c rappy play
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £46.45):
    If you dont mind me asking, how did you start multi tabling? I tried it last night for the 1st time and it threw me a bit tbh. Didnt know whether I was coming or going for a bit. Is it just a case of starting slowly and getting used to it before building up? Stupidly I was in the 8pm BH and a DYM so chopping back and for from super tight to normal tournie play was daft. Do you find grinding DYMs has an affect on your tournie play? May just be a coincidence but after playing a lot of DYMs, i have played 2 tournies and bombed out early due to c rappy play
    Posted by CardiffAce
    Hi Gavin,
    don't mind at all mate, happy to answer any questions I can.
    start with 2 tables then add 1 at a time.
    it does seem fast at first but you will soon get used to it.
    i made lots & lots of mistakes along the way mate, so it is all part of the learning process i'm afraid.
    i only multi-table all dym tables or all cash tables i don't mix the two.
    i don't play tournaments only freerolls which i play along side my dym tables.
    i would say keep on practising the 2 tables for a few days or more then add the 3rd when you are waiting for the action to happen, in other words when you are to quick for just the 2 tables.
    multi-tabling is a must i would say for dym's so you do need to learn it.
    i am playing around 6 atm but did play 12-18 at times, on my last dym challenge  :)
    good luck,
    dev

• edited June 2014
    day 14
    Friday  27/6/14

£1  W 6  +£5.10
          L  0  -£0.00
                ----------
                +£5.10

WON  £5.10   -£0.50 ADD ON IN FREEROLL BY MISTAKE, GOT DISTRACTED BY MY MUM  :(
                         NEVER MIND,

WON  £4.60   B/R  £51.05   PTS  £5.39  to come

perfect session, what else can i say...  oh yeah..

HOOORAY!!!  :)

• edited June 2014

There's a guy called Snuffer
    not much of a bluffer
    then there's Vinny six seven
    thinks he plays poker from heaven
    someone called Fa1lacy whatever that means
    thinks he's the best that's ever been
    they are all full of chat, giving it all that
    playing the one pounds
    to be fair they have fun & all can play
    'Who's the daddy?'  I can here them say
    My bankroll is going up
    so I'll be leaving you soon
    Ha Ha, I'm over the moon
    I'll miss the banter & friendly chat men
    maybe in challenge 3, I'll see you again!!!

(*  *)
       ^
    dev

• edited June 2014
    My bankroll management has always been terrible but...
    Rather than 6 tabling £1/£2 games I think you should play 2 or 3 tables £3's now. You've beaten them before and as we know the rake is less. With the low variance, whilst it could happen, I'd be surprised if you bust your present bankroll.

Or, as you have a mental block with the £5's just jump up to the £10's. 4 games 4 wins and you're flying :)

Did I mention that my bankroll management is poor btw?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £51.05):
    There's a guy called Snuffer not much of a bluffer then there's Vinny six seven thinks he plays poker from heaven someone called Fa1lacy whatever that means thinks he's the best that's ever been they are all full of chat, giving it all that playing the one pounds to be fair they have fun & all can play 'Who's the daddy?'  I can here them say My bankroll is going up so I'll be leaving you soon Ha Ha, I'm over the moon I'll miss the banter & friendly chat men maybe in challenge 3, I'll see you again!!! (*  *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Wow I'm touched to mentioned in a peom Dev. Only played you in one game yesterday too, must have left an impression! I was a bit concerned about your play in that one to be fair. You did nothing, then did nothing a lot more and then when you were down to about 900 you suddenly shoved with K4o and went out to 10 10??
    Anyway good luck with your challenge, I'll be there supporting you all the way mate, as I play up to £11 DYM's. The £1.15's are just for the chat..
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £51.05):
    My bankroll management has always been terrible but... Rather than 6 tabling £1/£2 games I think you should play 2 or 3 tables £3's now. You've beaten them before and as we know the rake is less. With the low variance, whilst it could happen, I'd be surprised if you bust your present bankroll. Or, as you have a mental block with the £5's just jump up to the £10's. 4 games 4 wins and you're flying :) Did I mention that my bankroll management is poor btw?
    Posted by Jac35
    Hi Paul,
    yes i could play 2-3 £3 tables now, but if i was to go on a bad run, my b/r falls massively.
    by playing the £1 games all the danger is taken away.
    not sure if i'll be playing the £5 level this challenge, will have to see.
    remember whay happened last time i played the £11's...
    I do  :(
    yes, your bankroll management is poor, btw,  he he,
    dev
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £51.05) : Wow I'm touched to mentioned in a peom Dev. Only played you in one game yesterday too, must have left an impression! I was a bit concerned about your play in that one to be fair. You did nothing, then did nothing a lot more and then when you were down to about 900 you suddenly shoved with K4o and went out to 10 10?? Anyway good luck with your challenge, I'll be there supporting you all the way mate, as I play up to £11 DYM's. The £1.15's are just for the chat..
    Posted by thefa1lacy
    Hi mate,
    yes, I didn't exactly shine in that game, I remember it well.
    I think i was chatting with you guys & not giving it my full attention, he he.
    I did think you were a better player than the £1 level, now I know that you are, he he.
    I did win the session 9-5 though, after losing the first 2 games :)
    yes the k4 shove could have been any 2 cards as he needed a hand to call me, just so happens he had 10 10 
     7-8 times out of ten that gets through and i'm back in the game.
    i normally would find a better spot before getting that low, but it was just one of those games where i didn't see one.
    anyway, it's all about the long term that's why i'm playing £1 at the moment...
    could be i'm a little rusty too, having not played dym's for 2 years, ha ha.
    good luck with your dym's too. i tried the £11's on my last dym challenge...
    i remember it so well...
    lost 7  won 1...
    did win another 2 on another session, which i had forgotten about untill i re-read my first challenge the other day, just for inspiration,  he he
    so  3- 7 at the moment...
    not quite as good as your results, i suspect  :)
    best wishes mate,
    Ian.

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £51.05) : Hi mate, yes, I didn't exactly shine in that game, I remember it well. I think i was chatting with you guys & not giving it my full attention, he he. I did win the session 9-5 though, after losing the first 2 games :) yes the k4 shove could have been any 2 cards as he needed a hand to call me, just so happens he had 10 10   7-8 times out of ten that gets therough and i'm back in the game. i normally would find a better spot before getting that low, but it was just one of those games where i didn't see one. anyway, it's all about the long term that's why i'm playing £1 at the moment... could be i'm a little rusty too, having not played dym's for 2 years, ha ha. good luck with your dym's too. i tried the £11's on my last dym challenge... i remember it so well... lost 7  won 1... did win another 2 on another session, which i had forgotten about untill i re-read my first challenge the other day, just for inspiration,  he he so  3- 7 at the moment... not quite as good as your results, i suspect  :) best wishes mate, Ian.
    Posted by devonfish5

I should be playing £11's all the time as I have a large BR, but basically my first was last year. I was chip leader from level 1 to final stage, then it was 2 big hands in a row lost to worse starting cards and I was gone. Which put me off until recently, when I have played 3 and won 3. I'm a winning player from 1.15 to 5.50's. Only ever shown losses at 30p turbo's and the worst game on Sky, the dreaded 60p DYM which I will never touch again.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £51.05) : I should be playing £11's all the time as I have a large BR, but basically my first was last year. I was chip leader from level 1 to final stage, then it was 2 big hands in a row lost to worse starting cards and I was gone. Which put me off until recently, when I have played 3 and won 3. I'm a winning player from 1.15 to 5.50's. Only ever shown losses at 30p turbo's and the worst game on Sky, the dreaded 60p DYM which I will never touch again.
    Posted by thefa1lacy
    Yeah, thought you were good, as I said earlier.
    I found the £3 level ok but seemed to struggle with the £5's last time I played.
    I'll soon be back at the £3 again so looking forward to that. 
    anyway mate good luck if you start playing the £11's again.
  • edited June 2014
    day 14
    Friday  27/6/14  part 2...

£1  W 6  +£5.10
          L  2  -£2.30
                ---------
                +£2.80

WON  £2.80   B/R  £53.85    PTS;  £5.55  to come

Another good session. If I can keep this going should be loading up the £2 games quite soon.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £34.45):
    +1 to jinglema. "still, we'll see who has the last laugh, won't we boys  :)" The house ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    since your post i have had 6 winning sessions & no losses playing just the £1 games;

£2.80  £3.35  £3.95  £1.90  £4.60  £2.80 =  £19.40

Think that puts me just up on the house  :)
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £34.45):
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £34.45) : since your post i have had 6 winning sessions & no losses playing just the £1 games; £2.80  £3.35  £3.95  £1.90  £4.60  £2.80 =  £19.40 Think that puts me just up on the house  :)
    Posted by devonfish5

Think he's got us here, Doh!

Dev, I salute you.

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £34.45) : Think he's got us here, Doh! Dev, I salute you.
    Posted by JingleMa
    HA HA,  Thanks Jingle.

• edited July 2014
    day 15  
    saturday 28/6/14    day off

day  16
    sunday  29/6/14  day off

day 17
    monday  30/6/14 

£1   W  5  +£4.25
           L   1  -£1.15
                  ----------
                   +£3.10

WON  £3.10   B/R  £56.95   PTS  £5.67  to come.

another win. very happy how i've turned what was a tricky situation,(down to £28.85 at the start), into the comfortable position I find myself in now, at the end of my first 17 days. (PLAYED 15)
    good brm & a fair run of the cards which is all I ask for, has helped.
    my plan was to move up to the £2 level at £60 but might hang on a bit longer at the £1 level as it is going so well, even with the 15% rake against me, which is not a problem when you are winning.

• edited June 2014
    June summary...

£2 games   W  21   +£36.75   51.22%
                      L   20   -£45.00   48.78%
                                ----------
                                -£8.25

£1  GAMES   W  129   +£109.65   63.86%
                      L     73   -£ 83.95     36.14%
                                  ----------
                                  +£25.70

=  +£17.45  -£0.50 FREEROLL ADD ON BY MISTAKE

=  +£16.95  WINNINGS.   + £5.67 TO COME IN PTS.

BRING IT ON JULY  :)
  • edited July 2014
    day 18
    Tuesday  1/7/14

£1   W  4   +£3,40
           L   2   -£2.30
                   ---------
                    +£1.10

WON  £1.10    B/R  £58.05   (+£5.67  to come)   pts  12

playing 6 games as I have been doing, and stopping when i can book the win
    lost first 2 so happy with win and early night.
    continuing with £1 games until my bonus is added on, then will try some £2 again.
  • edited July 2014
    Keep it up mate, slow and steady wins the race.

Tbh I don't know why you ever stopped playing these given your record in them.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £58.05):
    Keep it up mate, slow and steady wins the race. Tbh I don't know why you ever stopped playing these given your record in them.
    Posted by waller02
    Thanks Ryan,
    I was basically 'burnt out' after the last challenge mate & needed a rest.
    always wanted to try cash & see if I could beat that, so that's why i never went back to dym.
    gave it a good go, but couldn't find the same edge as playing dym's so that's why i'm back, plus i could do with the money too,  ha ha.

• edited July 2014
    day 19
    Wednesday  2/7/14

£1   W  5   +£4.25
           L   1   -£1.15
                    --------
                    +£3.10

WON  £3.10    B/R  £61.15    (£5.67 to come)     PTS  24

ran well tbh so happy as usual with the W
  • edited July 2014
    Nice one Ian
    Good progress so far
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £61.15):
    Nice one Ian Good progress so far
    Posted by VespaPX
    Cheers Mick,
    all the best mate,
    Ian.
  • edited July 2014

Good to see you getting a bit of traction Dev, hope you get to £2.25 DYM soon and start to motor on with the steadily reducing rake!

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £61.15):
    Good to see you getting a bit of traction Dev, hope you get to £2.25 DYM soon and start to motor on with the steadily reducing rake!
    Posted by shakinaces
    Thanks Shakin.
    best wishes mate.

• edited July 2014
    day 20
    Thursday  3/7/14

received  June c4p  £5.67

B/R  £66.82

going to play a few more sessions at the £1 level, if the wins continue will then move up to £2 when b/r is at £80
    sorry it's all a bit boring at the moment, no big wins or more importantly losses to write about, but I am sure once we move up through the levels they will come.
    thanks for all the support too,
    cheers,
    dev 

• edited July 2014
    day 20
    Thursday  3/7/14

£1   W  24   +£20.40
           L   17   -£19.55
                      ---------
                     +£0.85

WON  £0.85   B/R  £67.67    PTS  £1.06  to come

got off to bad start so it was stop & lose or grind it out, pretty easy decision really  :)
    had max 8 tables going tonight, which was ok but deffo prefer 6 tables, as i've got used to that number now.