You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM/CASH challenge.

Comments

• edited July 2014
    day 21
    Friday  4/7/14

£1   W  8    +£6.80
           L   3    -£3.45
                    ---------
                    +£3.35

WON  £3.35    B/R  £71.02   PTS  £1.28

ran pretty well, happy with the W.
  • edited July 2014
    Hi Ian, still reading.  Well impressed.  You may have said earlier but what BR level dictates your next level?   Anyways, good luck.  BRM FTW.
    pad
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £71.02):
    Hi Ian, still reading.  Well impressed.  You may have said earlier but what BR level dictates your next level?   Anyways, good luck.  BRM FTW. pad
    Posted by Glenelg
    Thanks Pad,
    i did try a few £2's early doors but had 2 x £7 losing sessions, which meant dropping to playing just the £1 games.
    was thinking of trying the £2's again at £60 but decided to wait until £80 (40 buy-ins-rake)
    so will start adding 1 or 2 tables then i think, and do the same for the £3 level...40 buy-ins £120. might make that £150 not sure yet.

I WAS THINKING ABOUT DOING THE WHOLE CHALLENGE PLAYING JUST £1 GAMES :)

just to show they can be beaten, but i've already shown that they can, so no need to go that far, plus it would take so much longer, I guess.

anyway, might play a few later, see how it goes, what with Wimbledon & Football on might not bother today.
    run good people,
    dev
  • edited July 2014
    Excellent results dev keep it going might join you when you get to £3 DYMs could do with a grand by xmas lol.

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £71.02):
    Excellent results dev keep it going might join you when you get to £3 DYMs could do with a grand by xmas lol.
    Posted by spinky6108
    Thanks mate,
    Ha Ha,  me too.
    look forward to playing you @ £3
  • edited July 2014
    day 22
    Saturday  5/7/14

£1   W  6  +£5.10
           L   2  -£2.30
                  ---------
                  +£2.80

WON  £2.80   B/R  £73.82   PTS  £1.44  to come

short & sweet.probably have 'bingo day' off tomorrow, also want to keep it fresh.
    nice steady progress playing just the £1 games. I'm sure things will hot up a bit when the £2 games begin soon.
  • edited July 2014

Momuntum baby!

Winning every day at the moment, very well played, long may it continue :)

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £73.82):
    Momuntum baby! Winning every day at the moment, very well played, long may it continue :)
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Thanks Gary,
    nice sharing a table with Lea earlier, had a good old chat as you do, he he.
    best wishes mate,
    Ian.
  • edited July 2014
    day 23  
    Sunday  6/7/14  day off

day 24
    Monday  7/7/14

£1   W  4   +£3.40
           L   2   -£2.30
                   ----------
                   +£1.10

WON  £1.10    B/R  £74.92    PTS  £1.56

was going to have night off, painting earlier, but played my normal 6 tables &  booked the win as usual when it's 4-2 or better.
    not long now until the £2 games start when b/r reaches £80.

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £73.82):
    day 23   Sunday  6/7/14  day off day 24 Monday  7/7/14 £1   W  4   +£3.40        L   2   -£2.30                ----------                +£1.10 WON  £1.10    B/R  £74.92    PTS  £1.56 was going to have night off, painting earlier, but played my normal 6 tables &  booked the win as usual when it's 4-2 or better. not long now until the £2 games start when b/r reaches £80.
    Posted by devonfish5
    Like a mural? or living room? Not had ya down as a painter tbh! ;-)
  • edited July 2014
    Devon,
    Have you ever tried playing the 60p DYM's? How have you found them? To be fair, I actually had not too bad a record in them, and my from just 01-30 June 2014, read Played 40, 23 Success 17 fails.

I will soon be able to be in the position to make a deposit in about a month or so, and will hopefully come back to play, starting with a similar BR to you and proably at the £1 games alike you.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £73.82) : Like a mural? or living room? Not had ya down as a painter tbh! ;-)
    Posted by Glenelg
    Ha Ha,
    Like a watercolor  :)
    always been ok at drawing so bought some paints & brushes last year, and taught myself off u-tube.

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £74.92):
    Devon, Have you ever tried playing the 60p DYM's? How have you found them? To be fair, I actually had not too bad a record in them, and my from just 01-30 June 2014, read Played 40, 23 Success 17 fails. I will soon be able to be in the position to make a deposit in about a month or so, and will hopefully come back to play, starting with a similar BR to you and proably at the £1 games alike you.
    Posted by GaryLaud
    Hi Gary,
    glad you will be back playing again soon mate.
    yes I did play the 60p when I first started dym's & I used to practise multi-tabling playing them too.
    23 wins to 17 losses is ok mate. that's £1 down i make it quickly, which is giving you good value for money.
    they are hard to beat as 60% breaks even, which is no mean feat to do.
    I could probably beat them now but I've had lots of practise, and it would still need a fair run of luck to do this.
    for you, i'm saying it would be hard to beat right now, but you will get good value for your money, as you did in June, so you could stay there for sure and get the practise for the £1 level to come.
    you can go on bad runs no matter how good you are, so that is why good brm is so important at all levels.
    the £1 level should be your aim for sure as 57.5% breaks even, which is do-able.
    also you get 2p per game cash back which is a bonus and makes it actually 56.5% needed.
    play 1 game at a time and make notes on every player on your table. see who limps in who raises, etc and look to see what cards they play.
    many players 'slow play' their big hands, aa kk and trips for example... and you need to find out who these players are, as they will get all your chips very easily if you are not  very carefull.
    i make these players go pink and i have then identified them for next time.
    you should play tight, only aa kk qq jj & ak for the first 2-3 levels... that tight.
    playing pairs is a no no, even though others play them i believe it better not to.
    when you get to levels 3-4 then you have to think about opening up and playing pairs and ak aq aj atc, but raise with them and take the lead in the hand.
    the bubble is where you really begin to play and is always our big goal in every game, if we can get to that point with a good stack of chips, 1000 or obviously more is just about the minimum i would be hoping for at this stage, we now have every chance of cashing.  avoid calling all-ins at this stage or any infact, almost at all cost.
    better if you are the player going all-in, with a hand if you can,  but it's not always necessary.
    playing ace rag is another key thing. only play them when you have to, and play them strongly, all-in is good here, but we are hoping not to get called.
    go all-in with your big hands too  aa kk qq as this mixes up your game and doesn't give your opponents any easy tells.
    think about each move before you make it, as every chip is vital for the bubble play.
    losing 10 or 20 chips early doors doesn't seem important but that leads to 20 40 and before you know it, you are the player struggling to survive.
    if u limp in for 20 40 80 chips, what do you do if someone re-raises or goes all-in, we then fold don't we and have given those vital chips away for nothing.
    that's why i say 'don't limp in' raise yourself or better still fold your marginal hands.. aj a10 99 kq etc.
    yes we can see a flop cheap... if we don't get re-raised first,but 2 times out of 3 we miss the flop so we then 
    are struggling. if opponent bets, what do we do? fold or bluff back i guess.
    we don't need to put ourselves in this position unecessarily, imo. at this early stage anyway.
    I'm not saying never ever limp in or never ever play pocket pairs, especially after level 2, there are times when you probably should play them mathematically. i do both... sometimes., but try and keep it to a minimum as much as possible, again to help keep our play balanced, and our opponents guessing.(why is dev limping? he never limps, etc)
    i also play a set number of games, which is 6 at the moment. if i win 4-2 or better i usually stop.
    this is important when building a bankroll. it stops you playing too many and getting tired and making mistakes.
    it also means your b/r will go forward, which is our aim.
    you could play 5 games or even 3 in each session and try to win 3-2 & 2-1 respectively, which is probably better, as it takes away any possibility of a draw, ie, 3-3 in my case.
    i only play 6 because that's how many tables i am choosing to play at the same time at the moment, and am confident of getting the 4 or more games i need, most sessions.
    if it's 3-3 or worse i simply load up more tables and try to grind it back, as i needed to one day last week, where i ended up playing 40 odd games in that session to do so.  :)

anyway, a few thoughts for you, hope one or two you like.
    i am by no means the best dym player, but i get by, simply by doing the right things well, most of the time.
    it's all about practise really and learning from your mistakes, well it was for me, and i made plenty trust me.
    i still make some now just like everone else, but once you've got your good habits in place this will over-ride the bad ones, and you will become a winning player. it just takes a little time that's all.

hope to see you back soon Gary.
    best wishes,
    Ian.

ps; if you deposit £40 i would play the £1 to start off with and see how it goes.
    better still i would load up a number of tables, 4 6 9 it doesn't really matter, and watch and take notes on players. i would do this for several nights maybe even a week.
    these players are your enemy, your bread & butter, you need to get an edge over them.
    they are out to win money off you just as much as you are off them.
    there might be friendly chat in the chat box, don't be fooled by that.. it's all a cover   :)
    Even at the £1 level there is good money to be made...I 've just doubled my £40 in a matter of days.. ok nearly 3 weeks then, you get my drift.
    (is it possible to continue winning at this rate? probably not, as I am running good I think is the term.
    but who knows maybe it is. I Might even do a £1 challenge next, something like £20 to £200 or £40 to £400, just to see if it is possible. i believe it is, or why else would I even think about doing it.)
    get yourself to the £3 level it gets even better. that would be my long term goal.. it was for me.
    £5 and above?  that's where you can make serious money from dym's.. or lose it too.
    as always it's one small step at a time... the rest is down to you.

if your b/r drops below £30 then i would drop down to the 60p level, and get some more practise & value for money, and see how that goes.
         it is always good to have a plan... just in case  :)

• edited July 2014
    Hey dev m8,good to see you've got the momentum on your side atm.taking a break for just a day or two to read up on a few pointers.had a rough week last week in more ways than one!!off work for a fortnight from Friday so plan to get into it more.keep up the good work lad and I prob will bump into you on the dyms.haven't played them in ages tho:-) 
    Be good lad
    Paul
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £74.92):
    Hey dev m8,good to see you've got the momentum on your side atm.taking a break for just a day or two to read up on a few pointers.had a rough week last week in more ways than one!!off work for a fortnight from Friday so plan to get into it more.keep up the good work lad and I prob will bump into you on the dyms.haven't played them in ages tho:-)  Be good lad Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    Thanks Paul,
    look forward to playing you mate... you know where i am :)
    have a great 2 weeks holiday mate.
    best wishes to the wee man,
    dev
  • edited July 2014
    day 25
    Tuesday  8/7/14

£1   W  6   +£5.10
           L   0   -£0.00
                   ---------
                   +£5.10

WON  £5.10    B/R  £80.02    PTS  £1.68

whooopie, great session, played well ran well.
                 £2 here we come. :)
  • edited July 2014
    day 25 Tuesday  8/7/14 £1   W  6   +£5.10        L   0   -£0.00                ---------                +£5.10 WON  £5.10    B/R  £80.02    PTS  £1.68 whooopie, great session, played well ran well.              £2 here we come. :)
    Posted by devonfish5
    That's enough for 7 £11's as well you know Ian :)
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £74.92) : That's enough for 7 £11's as well you know Ian :)
    Posted by Jac35
    HA HA,
    nice one Paul  :)
    (*  *)
       -
    dev
  • edited July 2014
    day 26
    Wednesday  9/7/14

£1   W  9   +£7.65
           L   3   -£3.45
                   ---------
                   +£4.20

WON  £4.20   B/R  £84.22   PTS  £1.92

change of plan. felt tired tonight, so continued with £1 games.   played rubbish first 6 games  3-3  loaded up another  6  and won them all
    so really happy with the win.

not going to bother with moving up to the £2 level, as the £1 gives the same return in points and also I want to show you all that the £1 level is beatable, even with 15% rake.
    I will now move up to £3 level when b/r hits £300.

Oh yeah,  "Still we'll see who has the last laugh, won't we boys" ... The House!!! remember that Doh!!!

• edited July 2014
    Have sent you a private message devon - please check!
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £84.22):
    Posted by GaryLaud
    OK MATE, will do shortly.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £80.02):
    day 26 Wednesday  9/7/14 £1   W  9   +£7.65        L   3   -£3.45                ---------                +£4.20 WON  £4.20   B/R  £84.22   PTS  £1.92 change of plan. felt tired tonight, so continued with £1 games.   played rubbish first 6 games  3-3  loaded up another  6  and won them all so really happy with the win. not going to bother with moving up to the £2 level, as the £1 gives the same return in points and also I want to show you all that the £1 level is beatable, even with 15% rake. I will now move up to £3 level when b/r hits £300. Oh yeah,  "Still we'll see who has the last laugh, won't we boys"  remember that Doh!!!
    Posted by devonfish5
    When the b/r hits £300!
    Like it dev
    Be good 
    Paul

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £84.22):
    Posted by GaryLaud
    sent you pm back Gary.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £80.02):
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £80.02) : When the b/r hits £300! Like it dev Be good  Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    Cheers Paul,

• edited July 2014
    Hi Dev

loved reading this - doing my own challenge and looks like playing £3.30 and odd £5.50 is way too high!!  I win most of the £1 games I play so going to give that a proper commitment and build slow and steady - I also play the 2p/4p cash games.  

Love playing the odd mtt but guess if serious about my challenge need to stop them in the short term!!

Good luck fella
  • edited July 2014
    Hi Dev loved reading this - doing my own challenge and looks like playing £3.30 and odd £5.50 is way too high!!  I win most of the £1 games I play so going to give that a proper commitment and build slow and steady - I also play the 2p/4p cash games.   Love playing the odd mtt but guess if serious about my challenge need to stop them in the short term!! Good luck fella
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Thanks mate,
    brm is everything when building a bankroll, without it, almost 99% of players will fail.
    best of luck building your bankroll.

• edited July 2014
    day 27
    Thursday  10/7/14

£1   W  11  +£9.35
           L    6   -£6.90
                    ---------
                    +£2.45

WON  £2.45    B/R  £86.67    PTS  £2.26

lost first mini session 4-2  so happy as always to grind & win.
    enjoyed the banter tonight boys... you keep on winding me up... I'll keep on raking in the money!!!  :)
    you know who you are.  :)

• edited July 2014
    day 27 Thursday  10/7/14 £1   W  11  +£9.35        L    6   -£6.90                 ---------                 +£2.45 WON  £2.45    B/R  £86.67    PTS  £2.26 lost first mini session 4-2  so happy as always to grind & win. enjoyed the banter tonight boys... you keep on winding me up... I'll keep on raking in the money!!!  :) you know who you are.  :)
    Posted by devonfish5

Keep going Dev, £2.45 after 17 DYM's is incredible. Remember the one we played together today, where you got bullied non stop by a gigantic fish bowl? Although you did win (as did I.) Bit different to the one game I saw u in last week when you went out in 6th place, but I won't mention that.

Anyway, awaiting your arrival in the 2.25's..

• edited July 2014
    Hey there ya old DYM grinder hows it going buddy im back for a while so popping in to see how you are :)
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £84.22) : Keep going Dev, £2.45 after 17 DYM's is incredible. Remember the one we played together today, where you got bullied non stop by a gigantic fish bowl? Although you did win (as did I.) Bit different to the one game I saw u in last week when you went out in 6th place, but I won't mention that. Anyway, awaiting your arrival in the 2.25's..
    Posted by thefa1lacy
    Thanks mate,
    especially after going 4-2 down, ha ha.
    I don't mind being bullied mate, just as long as I cash, that's all that matters, he he.
    did I lose a game last week, going out in 6th place, don't remember that.. must be a first   lol
    be lucky mate.

I've got a day off today, got to go hospital and have a camera thingy shoved down my throat, so probably feel cr*p later, so at least it makes your day a little easier at the £1 tables, so it's not all bad news is it.  :)