You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Pudding's Tourny Adventure

Comments

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Pudding's Tourny Adventure: I saw that you won, will done you! I irrationally feel proud of you lol. I also saw that bustednuts finished in the bubble. Flipping those trips on the turn instead of my way was gut wrenching. It was worth the punt. Thank you for you faith too, my climb back up to 14,000 chips was kinda awesome from 1,444 *coy smile*. What is DTD and where do I find it? 
    I actually thought you were going to complete the come back and go on and cash tonight in that 7.15. If you can play 3 tables at the same time, look out for the DTD comp here on Monday nights. 3 tournies all for £5.50 total including prizes for top 3 every week and month. Look out for this weeks thread with all the details on. Oh.....nearly forget this.... ☺ MAXALLY 400000 1 £45.60 bennett042 0 2 £29.28 BustedNuts 0 3 £18.24
    Posted by MAXALLY
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Pudding's Tourny Adventure:
    Yaaaay my son is home - 6yr old Man-Cub. He has been away a week with his Dad. He is a proper gamer, like his Mummy and Step Daddy! Came in after having a little jaunt in the new car  (we bought a car yesterday, as you do lol) and straight on to the PS3 and Child of Light (awesome game imo). .
    Posted by ThePudding
    Just wondering....what does he do with his dad? I do hope it's outdoorsy things? 
    P.s. Can ya change ya text colour? Black is good!
  • edited July 2014
    hope you had a good day pud & defo look out for the dtds on monday you will enjoy the play & the banter
  • edited July 2014
    Get calling those maniacs with 77/AT/KJ + pud. You will bust out early sometimes but having a double stack will help you through the midstages. You can also combat these guys by reraising them a lot in position and put the pressure back on them for a change.  I know a lot of players advocate safety first in the early stages but you also have to try and get to the loose player's chips before someone else does!  If sticking with the tight style then drop QT early unless suited as you wont often get called by a worse hand, and will have lots of tricky decisions on the turn and river. Good luck.
  • edited July 2014
    Good Morning (just) 

Love a Sunday morning where its lazy and hazy. 

I was most taken aback last night when I happened to be trawling through the 'Top of the Posts' as I hadn't looked at this particular thread - and saw my name nominated. I was flabbergasted, I had no idea that diarists and posters in general would be rewarded - let alone be nominated myself - So thank you Catch-22 for the nom. There are lots and lots of contenders and I am not expecting to be chosen - this is not ill placed modesty I wouldn't bother with such icky fishing, I am just pleased to be mentioned - which is unusual for me. I would normally be up for winning - but this being a large, lovely community & its genuinely nice just to be noticed. 

I am not likely to be able to play today which is a shame, I may try to get a game in at some point, but I am low on the ol cash flow (this will be a recurring theme btw) and unless I can win a bit back I am not going to be in the game for a few days :( 

The film played on my mind from last night and it took ages for me to settle - one of my cats (we have 4) came and laid down with me and that helped huge and I was asleep before 1am. 

Thanks for the posts and general loveliness from everyone! 

And note... I'm in black - the woman in black

Good luck to you all on your tables today, may odds be ever in your favour ;)

Pudd x 

• edited July 2014
    hope you get to play the dtds on monday pud
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Pudding's Tourny Adventure:  Please note the colour Glen :D
    Man-Cub does have fresh air and exercise. He is not the most outdoorsy child by a long shot; but being 6 he will inevitably need to run off energy and we take the dog for a walk, or we play in the house.

Happy and healthy, that's my boy 

In Response to Re: Pudding's Tourny Adventure : Just wondering....what does he do with his dad? I do hope it's outdoorsy things?  P.s. Can ya change ya text colour? Black is good!
    Posted by Glenelg
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Pudding's Tourny Adventure: Hey ho TTT - what are the DTD's? And how do I find where to enter??
    hope you get to play the dtds on monday pud
    Posted by TENTENTEN
  • edited July 2014
    Poo!

Tried to double up my £2.05 in a couple DYM rounds and the cards just didn't want to play my way - I should have taken my initial double up and entered a tourny - hindsight; oh how cruel a master you can be *over exaggerated swoon* 

:D:D:D There is always another day and another deal - 

Pudd x 
  • edited July 2014
    good luck pud run well
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Pudding's Tourny Adventure : Hey ho TTT - what are the DTD's? And how do I find where to enter??
    Posted by ThePudding
    Hi pudd, was nice to share a table with you last night for 45.36 seconds ;) kings ey insta fold pre vs 9.3 off suit next time haha.anyway the dtd tournaments are great fun to play,deep stack and cheap to enter on the Mondays (I have been known to actually win the 7.15 on a few occasions so if I can..etc.etc) you will see them in the lobby under tournaments dtd1...dtd2..dtd3,, if you enter all three be sure and add your name in the dtd thread which will be in this forum,read through the post and you will soon get the gist of things.you get points on position you finish each tournament ie winner 1 pt second 2pts.....and the top 3 lowest scores win a prize happy days! Prize is usually free entry into a decent tournament on here.good luck and have a good day.tc.
  • edited July 2014
    Not having a game this evening was weird! I missed it lots. Mogweedy and I watched the WPT instead and as I watched I saw so many moves and strategies that I have become accustomed to seeing myself when playing. Also, and I love f doing this, calling out loud what I would do and for it to be the same as the player on the tv. Love that, it's almost a validation that I am going in the right direction in order to become the player I want to be, which is to say, not a pro, but not a donkey either. 

Quiet and fun was our evening, but it missed a touch of winning big pot rush.

Time for the sack to be beaten. Night all you lovely Poker Peeps 

Pudd x 
  • edited July 2014
    hope you get to play the dtds today pud run well & best wishes TTT
  • edited July 2014
    I found the DTD's - although I am still wondering what the DTD stands for...
    Deck the dealer / Dream the dream / double the dosh / destined to deal ....... so many cheesey things to say but seriously what does it stand for??????

I didn't realise that it is a new competition it looks good fun. 

Question - Does one team enter one member to represent the team in the DTD's, or does the entire team join the tables and combine their best wins? 

The summer holidays are in full swing, and the Man-Cub is driving us nuts - the poor dog is having a full on Man-Cub snuggle but doesn't really understand why he is home. Still, she follows him around and reciprocates his fussings. It is very very sweet to see :D

There is a tired bug affecting the household. We all seem to be a bit lethargic today. Routine is so important. The mental and physical rest of the holidays is lovely for the kids and for parents to spend some lovely quality time with their children; the loss of routine, stimulation, friends and the structure is tough. 

The holidays being a draconian institution implemented so that the children were home in order to help with the harvest is totally out-dated; should there be a change in the school holiday format to even out the time spent in school compared to out of school? 
    In the opinion of a teacher friend, the 6 weeks are a good thing for the kids - it allows kids to be bored and to be bored encourages their imaginations and the imaginative play. So far boredom has allowed Man-Cub to be lippy, argumentative and annoying in general. It is very tempting to let him watch TV and play on the PS3 all day - at least he is entertained. But it is not healthy and I do believe that he needs to play on his own - I know I did and I had fun in my own company. I still enjoy my own company to this day. 

He tired of playing with the dog and is now making a monster out of an egg box  - so I guess I ought to go and join in the making of things and catch you wondrous Poker peeps a bit later :D

Pudd x  

• edited July 2014
    well done for finding them pud now register on the DTD forum thread with your name as an indie as you are not a member of a team yet ( i'm sure that will change ) then play all 3 tonight & check where you came after the tournies . . . players play as team members against each other then hopefully still rail team members after they get knocked out . . . a lot of fun & a lot of banter with good players playing good poker good luck pud run well
  • edited July 2014
    I found the DTD's - although I am still wondering what the DTD stands for... Deck the dealer / Dream the dream / double the dosh / destined to deal ....... so many cheesey things to say but seriously what does it stand for?????? I didn't realise that it is a new competition it looks good fun.  Question - Does one team enter one member to represent the team in the DTD's, or does the entire team join the tables and combine their best wins?  

Hi pudd. DTD has been going a few years now and I have been involved from the very start. A original idea from DTWBANDIT which with help from others has grown to what it is today.

DTD was originally a Deepstack, another Deepstack and the old Take on Tikay tournament. Hence this was how it got its name today - 'DTD'

As for it being a team game, it most certainly isn't. It is a individual competition first and foremost but with a great number of players made up from the 'teams' on here. Contrary to what some believe on here, there are no TEAM orders and everyone will try to win for themselves, which includes very often knocking out one of your own team members. The only team aspect comes in after the night has finished and Dave 'Hitman' will add a league table for a bit more interest amongst the players. This encourages more to play every week and there is team banter in the chat boxes most weeks. However, like I stated before, it is and always will be, an individual competition.

I hope that answers some of your questions, but if you have any more.....fire away. Hope to see you in the games later. If you do participate.....GOOD LUCK!....and don't forget to register on the thread at the top of page and the games themselves.
  • edited July 2014
    I never made it to the DTD's which is a shame, but not the end of the world. There is always next week :~)

I did, however, have the opportunity to watch my beloved, Mogweedy, take part in a tourny today. He did awesome, missed out on the FT by 1..... 

There had been a tussle all game long with a particular fem player - who incidentally also missed out on the FT crashing out behind Mog on the same hand - Well done to Krise for winning the hand and raking up to 41,000 or so chips - very well played. 

Zip & TTT were awesome too, and such lovely conversation - although, I think Zip was unlucky - I see a few *sighs* come from his corner :( 
    Still, Zip made it to the FT - I have yet to see the results but I will. 

So Mog came a firm and well achieved 7th earlier today, and what a tourny it was too. Very proud of you hunny xxx

Can't wait to play again, it's making me miserable that I can't play, but there will be pennies soon enough and I will be in it to win it (tee hee) 

Hope the DTD's were awesome, and GL to all who entered :D

Pudd x
  • edited July 2014
    nice to chat to you pud & mog today & thanx for the rail you both really enjoy your poker which is so good to see i enjoy reading your posts & hope you carry them on best wishes to you both & hope to catch up with you both on the tables again soons TTT x
  • edited July 2014
    There are pennies YAAAAAAAAY

Mog surprised me with a gifty so I am a very very very happy pudding! Thank you Mogweedy xxxx

Will be entering a tourny later and I cannot wait eeeeee (is it wierd that I look forward to losing my money lol:D ). Also, looking forward to seeing lots of other poker peeps around the felt.

Mog and I watched some bad boys of poker last night. Watching Gus Hensen take down a pot playing a T8 against a 77 - Flopped an 8 pair and took over 1,000,000 chips - talk about jammy! Poor fella looked stunned and not unexpectedly very put out. We enjoy watching poker, we are currently watching the WPT tour on SKY, that has been most thrilling in places. And even by watching, I'm still picking up tips.

So today is all about shopping, dog walking and trying not to be beaten into a pile of weeping woman by the Man-Cub and his ever so sharp tongue - can't imagine where he gets that from ;)

He is funny though, and ever so old for his years. He has said that he wants to be a Game Dev by day, a Jazz Singer by night & a Boxer somewhere in the middle - although the former 2 have given way to just wanting to be a boxer. But this is a child who at one point wanted to be a magic potato (nuff said :)

So on the the day - as always will update as I go, but most likely the 19.15 will be my choice of tourny. 

GL to those playing throughout the day, and to those I will see a bit later. Be lucky, be shrewd, be a winner :~)

Pudd x 

• edited July 2014
    hope to catch you & the mog later pud x
  • edited July 2014
    19.15 - locked and loaded and I am ready to go :D

Happy days
  • edited July 2014
    How very awful - Bad days play, and came 68th - I think that is my worst placement so far whilst I have been playing. 

Still, I know I can play better. Tis only one game, and I didn't come last - I am still gutted to have played so badly though - but I can beat myself up about it all I like, nothing changes. 

Tomorrow will indeed be better and I am sure I will play well another day - It's only Poker and not the end of the world: Chin up things could be worse!

On to someother distraction, Good Night lovely Poker Peeps, play well!

Pudd x 

• edited July 2014
    run well 2 moro pud x
  • edited July 2014
    Does anyone else get that thing where you are ghastly tired but completely unable to sleep? 

I've been an insomniac since I was little, and by little I mean 11 or so. As I've aged the episodes of insomnia have become more and more frequent.  Stress, depression, anxiety I'm sure have their place in the cause and effect section of my affliction. But why stroke to sleep at all? I'm comfy, warm, snuggled by cats, dog, Mogweedy; plus my teddy & mookie......... so why does my brain insist on being awake when my eyes hurt like the red satanic place down south?

I could take meds if I were so inclined but I should be able to sleep, there is so much good in my life and yet here I am posting a whinge after being in bed for 2 hours stone cold awake. Exhaustion will have it's wicked way with me tonight - it couldn't have been Clay Matthews aka He-Man or more accurately a defensive player for the Greenbay Packers - hmmmm happy thoughts.........

ps. Don't tell Mogweedy, this can be our little secret Poker Peeps ;-) 

Pps. I'm only playing, Mogweedy reads my posts and knows allllllllll about my Clay Matthews infatuation, September to January I'll be drooling over the man. 

Ppps. I'm a Lions fan, Matt Stafford, Megatron, and all our other lovely fellas are going to rock in the NFL this year.  GO LIONS!

Ah I've cheered myself up. From me to You; Good night fair peeps of Poker land.  I'll be seeing you anon 

Pudd x

• edited July 2014
    I feel your pain Pudd, I frequently suffer the same annoying frustration of a body that's as tired as heck, but a brain that insists on keeping me wide awake at stupid o'clock.

Good plan not touching the meds, tried that for a bit, worked amazingly, but then was a mare trying to wake up. At the point of needing multiple packs of pro-plus to get through a week and counteract meds I realised that it was probably best just to deal with the staring at the ceiling in the middle of the night!

Hopefully it occasionally works in your favour and you can stay up for those late night (UK time) NFL games without too much effort :)
  • edited July 2014
    I feel your pain Pudd, I frequently suffer the same annoying frustration of a body that's as tired as heck, but a brain that insists on keeping me wide awake at stupid o'clock. Good plan not touching the meds, tried that for a bit, worked amazingly, but then was a mare trying to wake up. At the point of needing multiple packs of pro-plus to get through a week and counteract meds I realised that it was probably best just to deal with the staring at the ceiling in the middle of the night! Hopefully it occasionally works in your favour and you can stay up for those late night (UK time) NFL games without too much effort :)
    Posted by shakinaces
    In an attempt to distract my brain I joined the 1am £200 GTD DS -  out of 40 I came 9th - 3 away from the bubble. I was jolly pleased with that - I know I went out on a stupid call, the weetabix smelt funny, but a 2.45am I'm not going to quibble over spilt chips :D 

Just good to know I got my game back :D 

Next you are awake at the wee hours - I'm likely to be about, check the tables, would be really nice to see you on the felt, or on the rail.

Thanks for the message 

Pudd x 
  • edited July 2014
    run well today pud x
  • edited August 2014
    Hello lovely Poker Peeps

I hope you are doing well, and are enjoying your time at the tables :D

We have been spending time with Man-Cub and generally plodding about. 

I haven't been sleeping well; getting through the day is a challenge - but I am very lucky to have a man who knows how to help his woman, and I have been able to sleep late - Thank you Mogweedy, you are best Husband ever!

Not really played in the last couple of days, I did play a 16.20 DS, but fell out pretty quickly thanks to some fairly determined distraction - 38th I think, but I wasn't overly worried, my need to win obviously has it's calm days tee hee

We came up with some new house rules for the Man-Cub, it can never be a bad thing to know your boundaries, the consequences of actions, and punishments appropriating to the behaviour. Even at 6 knowing cause and effect, and right from wrong is paramount!

I should hopefully be back on the felt this weekend plus knitting up a blanket, and altering some clothes on the ol machine. I am the most boring wife in the world lol

I wasn't lucky enough to get on to the Top of the Posts' table; Maybe next month :D

Take care all you lovely darlings (gladioli) and catch you over the felt.

Pudd x 
  • edited August 2014
    hope to catch you at the tables today pud x
  • edited August 2014
    Hellllooooo

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joined the 21.15 table; 72 players and I was in the bubble, final table and came 6th winning a satisfying £9.36.

Those on the rail were AMAZING! Such wonderful support I had. Thank you to Boyo, TTT & Truly, plus everyone who I played with that was kind enough to chat with me. 

My face is hurting from smiling, and my heart is all a flutter - now time for bed; the dog is saying it's time for bed lol
    Good night lovely Poker Peeps - see you soon 

Pudd x