You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Pudding's Tourny Adventure

12346»

Comments

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Pudding's Tourny Adventure:
    In Response to Re: Pudding's Tourny Adventure : Good Luck tonight Pudd!! XXXX I hope You [& Me], beat fav hhyttrrffrryy to the Big prizes, lol!!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Good Luck to you too my love :D

Pudd x 
  • edited September 2014
    I have had a really tired day today. I tried playing a game earlier and despite doing well, my fatigue won and I made a very stupid shove and came 4th and out of the pool :(

I would love to say that I have rested up and am feeling great, but I'm not in all honesty. 1, because I am tired but also because I am sad. The end of the holidays and my Man-Cub goes back to school tomorrow. Year 2, last year of infants. 

I freely admit that I find the aging and growing of my son difficult - I love that he is an awesome little man who is learning right from wrong, is naturally very sweet, kind and a generous natured child. 

I am aware it is selfish & irrational but I cannot shake the feeling of despair when I think about Man-Cub growing up. Please do not make the mistake of thinking that I do not want great things for him, Man-Cub will be and do what makes him happy whether he becomes a magic potato or a game dev. He has his own thoughts and opinions and we talk about them, discuss the pros and cons, for a boy of 6 he holds an intelligent conversation very well indeed. 

I just wish I could enjoy his childhood a little longer, it is fleeting and flying by so fast that at times I feel quite overwhelmed by it all. I make time for my son and he is the centre of my world. If the centre of our earthly world were to grow old and die would we, as a people, be happy - no, we would not, and that is precisely how his growing up affects me. 

Man-Cub is totally unaware of my distress and I never intend for him to ever find out. He needs to know nothing, to tell him would cause him guilt over something that is inevitable, unstoppable and meant to be by the laws of nature. Why put that pressure on him - my mother did it to me by demanding that I stay young forever. In retrospect I think it was more a demand to remain her baby girl and I always will be - but the feeling of not being able to make her happy was immense guilt. 
    When we talk about Man-Cub growing up, it is with encouragement to ensure he is happy, confident and educated about and in all things. 

I am unable to have more children, so just the one for me. But having more would not be the answer, indeed it would make things worse. To let go of one child to fledge is one thing, how would I be with 3, 4 maybe 6 (which was the number of kids I wanted as a kid myself). At least with one, there is only this pain once. 

I love my son, I love his personality, his kookiness, his tumultuous temper and of course just him for him. He is awesome and I may feel sad that he is growing up, I am proud of who he is becoming as he does so - and I guess that is the point. I take refuge in that knowledge and watch with pride as he ventures further and further away from my apron strings and onto a life that he makes for himself. 

Pudd x 
  • edited September 2014
    I have had a really tired day today. I tried playing a game earlier and despite doing well, my fatigue won and I made a very stupid shove and came 4th and out of the pool :( I would love to say that I have rested up and am feeling great, but I'm not in all honesty. 1, because I am tired but also because I am sad. The end of the holidays and my Man-Cub goes back to school tomorrow. Year 2, last year of infants.  I freely admit that I find the aging and growing of my son difficult - I love that he is an awesome little man who is learning right from wrong, is naturally very sweet, kind and a generous natured child.  I am aware it is selfish & irrational but I cannot shake the feeling of despair when I think about Man-Cub growing up. Please do not make the mistake of thinking that I do not want great things for him, Man-Cub will be and do what makes him happy whether he becomes a magic potato or a game dev. He has his own thoughts and opinions and we talk about them, discuss the pros and cons, for a boy of 6 he holds an intelligent conversation very well indeed.  I just wish I could enjoy his childhood a little longer, it is fleeting and flying by so fast that at times I feel quite overwhelmed by it all. I make time for my son and he is the centre of my world. If the centre of our earthly world were to grow old and die would we, as a people, be happy - no, we would not, and that is precisely how his growing up affects me.  Man-Cub is totally unaware of my distress and I never intend for him to ever find out. He needs to know nothing, to tell him would cause him guilt over something that is inevitable, unstoppable and meant to be by the laws of nature. Why put that pressure on him - my mother did it to me by demanding that I stay young forever. In retrospect I think it was more a demand to remain her baby girl and I always will be - but the feeling of not being able to make her happy was immense guilt.  When we talk about Man-Cub growing up, it is with encouragement to ensure he is happy, confident and educated about and in all things.  I am unable to have more children, so just the one for me. But having more would not be the answer, indeed it would make things worse. To let go of one child to fledge is one thing, how would I be with 3, 4 maybe 6 (which was the number of kids I wanted as a kid myself). At least with one, there is only this pain once.  I love my son, I love his personality, his kookiness, his tumultuous temper and of course just him for him. He is awesome and I may feel sad that he is growing up, I am proud of who he is becoming as he does so - and I guess that is the point. I take refuge in that knowledge and watch with pride as he ventures further and further away from my apron strings and onto a life that he makes for himself.  Pudd x 
    Posted by ThePudding

Jesus, just exactly how independent are boys of six these days??

Don't worry about all this right now Pud, you've got a tourney to take down!!

• edited September 2014
    wp tonight pud x
  • edited September 2014
    3rd Sept: Bankroll Currently £36.00

Not really in the right head space for poker today. I am going out this evening to visit my friend who I don't get to see very often as she is so very busy. 

The bank roll will be unlikely to change 

Pudd x 
  • edited September 2014
    The bankroll is £10 lighter lol

I have posted a large response to a post I found offensive on my beloved Mog's thread regarding a present he wishes to buy our neighbour. 

I wait with baited excited breath for any response. I want to see just how big the stones are on the poster. I am not vengeful or vindictive but I am a fighter & will not suffer fools, not now not ever. 

Bedtime :D 

I had a lovely evening with my friend. And I won £10 before I left. Good Times today :)

Have sweet dreams Poker peeps 

Pudd x 
  • edited September 2014
    I'm amused, so very amused. Hoping for a good day on the felt and a big bowl of chips to fill my roll. 

Much smiling and happy thoughts

Pudd x
  • edited September 2014
    good luck today pud run well x
  • edited October 2014
    And she returrrnnnnnssssss............................

Been a break for me which has done me good. I have been ill with more Kidney problems (grrr), various other life interruptions but today I feel the need to play cards and so here I am once again. 

Ready to go and kick some suited bum!

I hope everyone who has read my thread is well, and doing fantastic in your Poker runnings! 

I will endevour not to be a stranger - no doubt posting the ridiculous poker fun as I go along :-D

Missed you guys  x

Pudd x
  • edited October 2014
    6th October 2014

Bankroll start; £9.70
  • edited October 2014
  • edited January 2015
    *walks in and sits very quietly at the felt*

I've been on and off the felt for a little bit - very out of practice, but having fun all the same. Was marked as away during a SnG - and was accused of being boring. Fair play to the fella - I was fussing one of my cats - I have 4 (crazy cat lady) and I saw no need to play when it was only the start of the game so I sat out for a few blinds. Still, I am not overly concerned - I played well, lost, but pleased with my performance. 

It would be nice to get back up to tourney level again but who knows what other curve balls will come my way. For now I am having fun and even those who seek to be unpleasant can't spoil my fun :-D

Much love Poker Peeps 

Pudd x 
  • edited January 2015
    Welcome back pudd
    It's your money, if you want to sit out. Sit out.
    If you want to play every hand. play every hand.
    It's your money, just play and enjoy your game.
    Don't pay attention to chat box warriors (they are very sad individuals)

Regards Alan (plo8 super star)
  • edited January 2015
    Fun playing with DarkAnime - funny chap! 

Bankroll

Starting £5.25

Closed £0.10 - oh dear, practice practice practice!!!!!!!!!

Anyone up for a game of poker?? ;-P

Pudd x
  • edited January 2015
    An alien statue maybe?
  • edited January 2015
    welcome back to pud & hopefully mog
  • edited January 2015
    An alien statue maybe?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Ah ha - indeed the poxy staue! It was bought and gratefully received. I do have a photo - but it is too big to upload on here. 

That alien was a nightmare start to finish! The trouble actually procuring the thing was hell on toast - but it got done, it arrived and Julie was beyond happy. Was worth the trouble! 
  • edited January 2015
    AWESOME GAME!

Played a micro on the tv game thingy - was an intense and very pleasing game. I thouroughly enjoyed my time playing. Who knew I could get to the final 2, although I was second, I still won a £1. 

I played really well and am very very pleased and chuffed with myself *puffs out chest* :-D

Hope all your games were and are as fun as mine was :-D  :-D

Pudd xx