You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Pudding's Tourny Adventure

Comments

• edited August 2014
    wd pud very wp TTT x
  • edited August 2014
    Good morning fellow felt feelers :-)

I'm still buzzing. 

One question Burns in my head..... Can I do it again? 

I don't know but I'm sure going to try!

But when? When is a good time to try and win again, the next day, leave it a week? 
    Not sure but sooner rather than later

Pudd x
  • edited August 2014
    Hello to all

I had a Poker adventure of another kind last night....... I played a live tourney. 

I saw one of the local pubs not far from my house were hosting a 'poker night', so I enquired and was told the Publican's rules - and I gave it a go. 

There were about 14 players total - I was the only girl. 7 to a table, £10 buy in and a re-buy until the break. 

So I sat down on a table with 6 other men. 1 was very very familiar and I don't know from where - not knowing as in he knew someone I knew but from elsewhere - goodness knows where. He was going to Nottingham today to play in a large tourny there - I hope he did well!

There were 2 local football players, young fellas they were, and they each fancied themselves as the next Phil Ivey - these blokes were absurd. I told Mogweedy if they had started wizzing up the wall I would not have been surprised. There was an old timer; classic white hair and beard - looked a bit like Ricky Tomlinson but Essex. There was a local guy- he was nice, called me a hustler LOL & finally the coach of the two Iveys, who was a seasoned poker player without all the flash showey-offiness. 

I didn't do to badly, came 10th, and that was with a re-buy. The game was good and the pots were sizeable, the betting was fierce. My playing was AWFUL! I was shaking with adrenaline, bearing in mind this was my first ever live tourny and it showed. I was playing hands that I should have mucked, bluffing like a mad woman and despite winning a couple of good pots with nothing but my wit, I still knew that I was showing myself up - but at that point there is no use in saying 'I can play better', it would sound contrived and churlish - so instead, I promised to go back and take all their money tee hee.

It was a lovely atmosphere, and everyone was so very friendly - and there was pizza....... I don't eat pizza, but it was an unexpected bonus that there was food served at the break. 

So, my first live tourny was a lovely experience, nerve wrecking, headache inducing and stripped my poor pockets bare - but I would and will do it again, and that I think is the main  thing - I WANT to do it again. 

I know I can take them on and win, and I know I can do it with a flick of my long hair and a big smile.

Bring it boys, show me how big those stones really are! 

Competitive goading aside; I am not sure which game to join today. I may just hit up a cash game and see if I can double up a bit - what's the worst that can happen I lose...... Another day, another deal and there are more where they came from :-)

I hope all those who suffer my posts do well and have a jolly good evening. 

Much love

Pudd x 

• edited August 2014
    live is great don't you think
    well done you on your first live experience

you do know that the skypoker ukpc day 1c is in Nottingham today?  live pub tournament one night - £1000 buyin tournament the next. That's the beauty of poker.

• edited August 2014
    Hi Pudd,

Always enjoy reading your posts, come play the 19.45 deepie if you fancy it.

GL
  • edited August 2014
    *waves to come closer*

Whispering......

Thank you for the noms on Top of the posts. I appreciate every one - I am glad you enjoy my chanterings :-)

So much chocolate fondant love - spread the gooey goodness

Pudd x 
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Pudding's Tourny Adventure:
    live is great don't you think well done you on your first live experience you do know that the skypoker ukpc day 1c is in Nottingham today?  live pub tournament one night - £1000 buyin tournament the next. That's the beauty of poker.
    Posted by GELDY
    Ahhh, he was very enthusiastic when I mentioned I was a Sky Poker player and I am sure I overheard him telling one of the testosterone bots about a £1000 buy-in - maybe thats the one he is doing.

I hope he cleans up - Kudos to him for following the felt

Thanks for the info Geldy :-)

Pudd x 
  • edited August 2014
    Ha ha good tales from the pub poker games... never going to be money makers but worth every penny for a good night's entertainment.

Can almost feel the buzz from your review.

I'd be at these sort of events way more often if our local games offered free pizza!!
  • edited August 2014
    I nominate Pudding for TOTP.

Cr@p, wrong thread.
  • edited August 2014
    Mmmmm, 00.37 and I'm wide awake. 

*Info alert*
    I, like millions of other people, suffer with depression. It's not an occasional thing, I live with it everyday. I'm very lucky in that the mental health service I receive has been and continues to be superb.

Depression isn't just about feeling in the doldrums or fed up about how life can get a person down. It is so much more and on very many different levels for the individual affected. The condition is vastly misunderstood, manipulated and misconstrued. Those who suffer with it daily or every so often will know what I mean. Explaining to my mother, for example, is a nightmare. She just cannot fathom why I should feel low etc, when in her eyes my life is peachy. 

I have only one answer; it is not what goes on in front of your eyes nor what a person wants you to see. It is the agony within the confines of the mind which cannot always see between the lines of reality or projected reality, the rational from the irrational. I suffer the latter when I'm not well. As I said before, I'm lucky. I have support at home from the local health service and most importantly my meds. My outlook on life isn't one of doom and gloom, I love life; I live to laugh, smile, love, eat and believe in all good things. I'm positive, a pragmatic realist, but always sees the silver lining. I'm excitable, exuberant and mischievous. I'm also prone to awful insomnia.
    Which is why I started this post. I saw my lovely lovely psychiatrist this week, first time she and I have met. She really was delightful! Anyway, I talk she scribbles madly, and at the end she had two diagnosis......

I am clinically depressed, aggravated by Chronic Insomnia. Insomnia aside from being a symptom of depression is a condition in its own right which I never knew. I've been a terrible sleeper since I was little and by little I mean 9 or 10 years of age. I will need meds in order to readjust my ability to sleep and added to the already ridiculous cacophony if meds I take for diabetes, asthma, my dodgy brain, and other things I simply cannot bore you with, now have something new to add lol 

My ex father in law never could understand why I would complain about being tired. I'm always tired, I didn't understand why I couldn't sleep, but now we know, and so do you. 

Without sounding defensive; Please don't think I'm looking for pity or any such like attention. Please do not feel the need to judge or poohpooh me; this is me, I'm sharing my life inside my poker jaunts. At the same time I'm open and very honest so if you have a thought, question or opinions for goodness sake share them. In the words of the great and mighty Bob Hoskins 'it's good to talk'.

01.16; taken an age to write all that on my tablet lol bloody thing kept freezing on me. And you would not believe the auto correct at one point I was rampant....... I say nothing but raise an eyebrow. 

I think I will get some carcinogenic fresh air, a drink, and try to settle once again. Mogweedy is happily asleep as are the cats and the softly snoring dog. They have all been asleep for hours, bless them!

Hope my chanterings haven't been to boring, controversial or off-putting. Stick with me, I'm a loon but a happy one to be sure :-D

Pudd x

• edited August 2014
    Oh dear oh dear!

Thought I would see what the difference is between a sit and go DYM and MTT - answer, not a lot; but the game is faster and the chat box is empty. 

I played on a £2.20 table and walked with a lovely £4 prize, and then joined a £5.50 table and went out on a silly bluff that did not pay off - obviously. 

I also played on a cash game and was over £2 up on my original stake - should have stood then, but I played on and busted to a lovely FatBloke :-) 

Back on to the Sit and Go see if I can win again??? Wishes of luck anyone tee hee 

Pudd x 

• edited August 2014
    best of luck, have you tried the friday offordable at 19:10 always a friendly game?
  • edited August 2014
    best of luck, have you tried the friday offordable at 19:10 always a friendly game?
    Posted by Ikelly
    Might also help with your insomnia! ;)
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Pudding's Tourny Adventure : Might also help with your insomnia! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    How would it help Doh - out of interest?
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Pudding's Tourny Adventure : How would it help Doh - out of interest?
    Posted by ThePudding
    im guessing he means you can sleep through the first 2 hours and still have a healthy stack!
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Pudding's Tourny Adventure : im guessing he means you can sleep through the first 2 hours and still have a healthy stack!
    Posted by Ikelly
    Ahhhh, thank you Kelly - sometimes I just don't understand what is meant - and tbf, I could use the zzzzzz's lol

Pudd x 
  • edited August 2014
    Big hairy balls!

I think I have splurged a ton of cash on here today, and absolutly nothing to show for it - but i'm laughing.

The DYM tables were the best game I had today - won a couple times on those. I entered a couple MTT and, well lets just say it was not my finest hour. 

Hey ho though and on I go. There were some awesome beats against me today. Mostly me with high pairs losing to a straight or a higher pair. Proud to say I didn't tilt at all - I was simply bested by better hands than mine - I played well with what I had and didn't call when I didn't like the hand (my top 10 hands are becoming clearer every time I play), nor did I bet when I felt the cold clammy hands of a trap on my shoulders. 

Double edged sword this evening. I lost, but I learnt and I also have pride in my performance. Seems like a good place to be in my journey. 

Shout out to LuckyJen, FatBloke17, Geldy, EhWhatNow and everyone on the rail who was supportive and entertaining. 

I'm going to enjoy Mogweedy killing Zombies and the dog bum Pong Imp that seems intent on burning my eyebrows off - Thank you Bobby Dog loooool

Take care my dharlings (gladioli whooshing through the air)

Play well

Pudd x 
  • edited August 2014
    all the best pud x
  • edited August 2014
    You can tell I am at a loss for entertainment - I have just spent the last half hour working out the gain and loss on the DYM tables (DYM my sweet cheeks). 

My conclusion; please see brackets above.
    Action Required; to play each table in turn and see how far I can go one table after another - I know I know my life is just soooooooo rock and roll

Start with 60p and end up with £400 - can it be done, has it been done? 

I'm going to give it a go and see how long it takes. 

Rules: Every table must be taken in turn in consecutive order starting from micro to highs takes
    If the pot is not attained, the game starts again from the Micro Stakes
    There will be no fear - the big picture is you only had 60p to begin with....
    WIN WOMAN, FOR GOD'S SAKE WIN!

Any other takers for the jaunt through the levels of DYM Poker????

I seriously need to get a life - I would say hobby, but I have loads of hobbies, Poker is one of them ;-D

Updates on this particular pool of crazy will come thick and fast I should think :-D

Pudd x 
  • edited August 2014
    There is already an old challenge thread about this, so you're a couple of years late to that particular party: https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3ac6200b81-6233-4029-ad88-5bde3b710a82
    Posted by Slipwater

It would make sense that it's been done. No harm in having another go. Thanks for the link too :-)

Pudd x

• edited August 2014
    Hi Pudding . Enjoying reading your diary. very insightful and intersting

Just a little tip for you. I,ve played in a few live games where theres only been one female. Without knowing her everyone just presumes she is going to play really tight. Not sure why that is but its something i,ve noticed on more than 1 occasion

Keep up the posts and hope your isomnia get better. I,ve had it myself and tried a few different things including mirtazipine which used to knock me out but always felt groggy the next morning. I,ve been trying Nytol recently and although there not cheap i,ve been taking 1 an hour before bed and been sleeping well and no side effects the following morning. I,ve felt quite alert soon after waking up
  • edited August 2014
    run good today pud x
  • edited August 2014
    Hi Pudding . Enjoying reading your diary. very insightful and intersting Just a little tip for you. I,ve played in a few live games where theres only been one female. Without knowing her everyone just presumes she is going to play really tight. Not sure why that is but its something i,ve noticed on more than 1 occasion Keep up the posts and hope your isomnia get better. I,ve had it myself and tried a few different things including mirtazipine which used to knock me out but always felt groggy the next morning. I,ve been trying Nytol recently and although there not cheap i,ve been taking 1 an hour before bed and been sleeping well and no side effects the following morning. I,ve felt quite alert soon after waking up
    Posted by MP33
    I was told that the active ingredient in over the counter sleeping aids is antihistamine. Not sure how true that is, but I thought it was interesting. Do you find that if you take hayfever stuff it makes you sleepy? 
  • edited August 2014
    used to be
    most now are non-drowsy
    but maybe they still use the old stuff in the sleepy mixes
  • edited August 2014
    good to rail you & the mog today pud x
  • edited August 2014
    *sigh*

Been one of those days on the felt. Still, nevermind. I am still playing in the 19.15 - I am the table shorty and the No.2 shorty overall, not going to lie it sucks balls.

Just the same ol thing - good cards, bad flops leading to losses and not necessarily with a better but a luckier turn up. That's not sour grapes but an observation. 

So, break over, time for more punishment - 82 left lets see how I do.........

Pudd x 
  • edited August 2014
    *sigh* Been one of those days on the felt. Still, nevermind. I am still playing in the 19.15 - I am the table shorty and the No.2 shorty overall, not going to lie it sucks balls. Just the same ol thing - good cards, bad flops leading to losses and not necessarily with a better but a luckier turn up. That's not sour grapes but an observation.  So, break over, time for more punishment - 82 left lets see how I do......... Pudd x 
    Posted by ThePudding
    GL Pudd! Been reading.............

• edited August 2014
    22nd. 

Weird evenings play.........

• edited August 2014
    So on a recommendation I joined 888, was given vouchers for giving them my business. After my bow out of the 19.15 I thought I would take a look at what the fuss is about. I wasn't disappointed! I got to grips with the site, made my preferences like I have on SKY and had a look at the lobby and their listings for games and suchlike. So being at a loss I joined a torny for free which usually would cost $3. Prize pool 3rd upwards on a table of 9. 

And wouldn't you know I came 2nd winning a colossal $7.02. I was well chuffed! I find because it's dollars it feels like Mickey Mouse money, but if I came 2nd in every game I played using only my vouchers I could potentially gain $42 for nothing equaling about £29. Not a bad return on an investment of nil! 

I'm a happy Pudding again. I do so hate to come out of the top 10, so 888 was a good punt.

Thank you to flush for the idea :-)

Orff to bed for sweet dreaming and warm snuggles. I hope you all get warm snuggles tonight.

Pudd x