You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Harry's Harmony....the harmonious road to Kiev.

Comments

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Vow....Sheffield 25/25 inside.:
    10% gone, 40% remains. I've got plenty of stories to tell Mick, but none are suitable for this family friendly forum. You could even say its a harmonious forum.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I got that
  • edited October 2014
    Looking at heading to LV again next year. British Airways currently have a sale on on their 'luxury' product. Flying from London? Forget it.

Flying from Dublin? Now we are talking. Can get a business class Dub-LV return for around £1100 on select dates next year, including decent summer availability.

Or add on a hotel for more savings.....those business class flights, plus a week in New York New York, Luxor or Monte Carlo, and the resort fee paid, is around £1300 each based on 2 people.

A win in the Turbo is usually kicking around the £1300 mark......meant to be ;)

If anyone wants the details by the way just give me a yell on here.
  • edited October 2014
  • edited October 2014
  • edited October 2014
    rollz i guess
    you been p*ssing more peeps off? 
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Vow....bargain business class Vegas flights...:
    rollz i guess you been p*ssing more peeps off? 
    Posted by GELDY
    Hopefully :)
  • edited October 2014
    Interesting thread next door that Tikay has started. (edit - thread has gone off on a slight tangent from what Tony started it as)

Regards a successful British player, both online and live. Looks like Mr Moorman gave him a shout out on the show last night. Amazed to discover that as of January this year, he was in make up of 260k (I don't know If this is £ or $, guessing the latter, but its a hell of a sum either way). One look at his PS Sharkscope graph shows what a terrible year 2013 was for him.

But looking at the big picture, he is £150,000 up on Stars lifetime, plus has live earnings of over $600,000, yet was still a quarter of a million down a hole less than 12 months ago. I shared a table with him briefly in Sheffield last Friday, seemed like a very friendly down to earth guy. Must be made of stern stuff to have been in so much make up and somehow clear it all. 

Obviously all this ^ is nothing compared to Gus Hansen's alleged $20m losses in recent years.

Think I'll stick to my £10 freezeouts on my own money :)
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Vow....bargain business class Vegas flights...:
    Interesting thread next door that Tikay has started. (edit - thread has gone off on a slight tangent from what Tony started it as) Regards a successful British player, both online and live. Looks like Mr Moorman gave him a shout out on the show last night. Amazed to discover that as of January this year, he was in make up of 260k (I don't know If this is £ or $, guessing the latter, but its a hell of a sum either way). One look at his PS Sharkscope graph shows what a terrible year 2013 was for him. But looking at the big picture, he is £150,000 up on Stars lifetime, plus has live earnings of over $600,000, yet was still a quarter of a million down a hole less than 12 months ago. I shared a table with him briefly in Sheffield last Friday, seemed like a very friendly down to earth guy. Must be made of stern stuff to have been in so much make up and somehow clear it all.  Obviously all this ^ is nothing compared to Gus Hansen's alleged $20m losses in recent years. Think I'll stick to my £10 freezeouts on my own money :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

First: 8/4/2011
    Last: 23/10/2014

Hi all

Following some recent discussions on the forum, we have decided to introduce a new rule. This is to help deter something which occasionally gets reported to us.

From today, anybody who 'mocks' or abuses other players based on their results (e.g. on Sharkscope stats) will have action taken against them. We will deal with each case individually but players need to be aware that breaking this rule may ultimately result in the loss of forum and chat privileges.

We're sure people will understand why we have done this. We really want Sky Poker to be a nice place to play poker and so stopping things like this will help.

As usual, we'd appreciate support in applying this. If you spot anything which you thing breaches these rules, please either PM us or contact customer care.

Thanks
    Sky Poker

• edited October 2014
    Very good Rob.

Edit- no mocking or abuse above, exact opposite! I'm sure players like me and you can only dream of a graph like theirs.
  • edited November 2014
    Great start to the UKOPS series, good to see many people off here doing well.

As much as I want to say 'if Jac35 can win a UKOPS event then there is hope for us all', in reality he steamrolled that mini event from around the last 15 in and was a fully deserving winner.

Obviously Craig is the man of the moment. An all in sat to almost £7,000 and HU vs moorman1 is stuff of legend. Enjoy the money!

Someone who has slipped under the radar I feel is Roguecell. 3rd in that high roller for a huge score, beating nearly all of such a tough field, all this after winning her seat in a more traditional sat that also housed many top players. Had A10 held in that key hand she'd have been heads up with Chris herself. Commiserations yet also huge congratulations Clare.

My UKOPs has been underwhelming so far. 2 heads but no cash in the £110 BH that covered about 75% of the buy in, many failed sats, no joy in various sides and minis. I think the only other main I play will be the 40k jobby, plan to hammer the sides and challengers in the meantime.

Great series so far overall. Still loadsa money up for grabs.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Vow....UKOPs fever:
    Great start to the UKOPS series, good to see many people off here doing well. As much as I want to say 'if Jac35 can win a UKOPS event then there is hope for us all', in reality he steamrolled that mini event from around the last 15 in and was a fully deserving winner. Obviously Craig is the man of the moment. An all in sat to almost £7,000 and HU vs moorman1 is stuff of legend. Enjoy the money! Someone who has slipped under the radar I feel is Roguecell. 3rd in that high roller for a huge score, beating nearly all of such a tough field, all this after winning her seat in a more traditional sat that also housed many top players. Had A10 held in that key hand she'd have been heads up with Chris herself. Commiserations yet also huge congratulations Clare. My UKOPs has been underwhelming so far. 2 heads but no cash in the £110 BH that covered about 75% of the buy in, many failed sats, no joy in various sides and minis. I think the only other main I play will be the 40k jobby, plan to hammer the sides and challengers in the meantime. Great series so far overall. Still loadsa money up for grabs.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Absolutely, +1 to that.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Vow....UKOPs fever:
    Great start to the UKOPS series, good to see many people off here doing well. As much as I want to say 'if Jac35 can win a UKOPS event then there is hope for us all', in reality he steamrolled that mini event from around the last 15 in and was a fully deserving winner. Obviously Craig is the man of the moment. An all in sat to almost £7,000 and HU vs moorman1 is stuff of legend. Enjoy the money! Someone who has slipped under the radar I feel is Roguecell. 3rd in that high roller for a huge score, beating nearly all of such a tough field, all this after winning her seat in a more traditional sat that also housed many top players. Had A10 held in that key hand she'd have been heads up with Chris herself. Commiserations yet also huge congratulations Clare. My UKOPs has been underwhelming so far. 2 heads but no cash in the £110 BH that covered about 75% of the buy in, many failed sats, no joy in various sides and minis. I think the only other main I play will be the 40k jobby, plan to hammer the sides and challengers in the meantime. Great series so far overall. Still loadsa money up for grabs.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Even when you're being nice you're horrible.
    I fell over and banged my head after reading that.

• edited November 2014
    Gotta be careful at your age Paul.

Steady as you go.
  • edited November 2014
    Only took 5 days but finally registered a UKOPs cash. Literally snook into the money in last nights main by hook or by crook. Card and spot dead on a very active table with some excellent players (ih8palace, essexphil, wotmalludo) = squeaky bum time. A suckout on another table meant getting there with about 8bb to my name.

Just gonna play a couple of sides and stuff tonight and tomorrow before having a full schedule for the Sunday, try and end the series with a bang. Be nice if the guy I have some action in could pull his finger out, these winter bills ain't gonna pay themselves ;)

Thanks to people for dropping by last night, and a very unexpected chirp from mrsduck right on the bubble, much appreciated.

Nice to know I'm so liked and well thought of on the forum ;)

Run well.

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Vow....UKOPS fever:
    Only took 5 days but finally registered a UKOPs cash. Literally snook into the money in last nights main by hook or by crook. Card and spot dead on a very active table with some excellent players (ih8palace, essexphil, wotmalludo) = squeaky bum time. A suckout on another table meant getting there with about 8bb to my name. Just gonna play a couple of sides and stuff tonight and tomorrow before having a full schedule for the Sunday, try and end the series with a bang. Be nice if the guy I have some action in could pull his finger out, these winter bills ain't gonna pay themselves ;) Thanks to people for dropping by last night, and a very unexpected chirp from mrsduck right on the bubble, much appreciated. Nice to know I'm so liked and well thought of on the forum ;) Run well.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Hmmm, gl with that one 
  • edited November 2014
    UKOPs has been and gone (for now). Enjoyable? Yes. Profitable? Not quite.

Finally ran like Bolt in an all in sat, and won one on Sunday at about 8.45. This was extra pleasing as I was already playing the ME, but really badly, then to get your buy in back certainly takes the edge off (I'm not technically rolled for £110 mains but I don't care too much for BRM, certainly when a tournament festival is on). The joy of turning £3 into £110 by doing nothing transferred initially to my poker and I started to win a few pots instead of donating to the table. Alas it didn't last forever and I busted about half way through the field.

Did have a decent run in the challenger £22 BH. Unfortunately I was the FT bubble. Was weird cos although I only had exactly 10bb, I was 4/7 and on the 4 handed table. It was all very congested with us short stacks, 2 other guys on my table I covered but we also had the big chip leader for company which was far from ideal. Didn't want to nit up just to make the FT so took the spots I could, K10s I felt was an easy open shove whilst shorthanded.....Mr big stack had KJs and despite turning a flush draw I couldn't get there and fell in 7th. Took 8 heads I think it was which almost matched what I got for coming 7th.

Nice to end the UKOPs on a plus, and look forward to the next instalment. Double ME guarantees week is the next thing to whet the whistle.
  • edited November 2014
    UKOPs has been and gone (for now). Enjoyable? Yes. Profitable? Not quite. Finally ran like Bolt in an all in sat, and won one on Sunday at about 8.45. This was extra pleasing as I was already playing the ME, but really badly, then to get your buy in back certainly takes the edge off (I'm not technically rolled for £110 mains but I don't care too much for BRM, certainly when a tournament festival is on). The joy of turning £3 into £110 by doing nothing transferred initially to my poker and I started to win a few pots instead of donating to the table. Alas it didn't last forever and I busted about half way through the field. Did have a decent run in the challenger £22 BH. Unfortunately I was the FT bubble. Was weird cos although I only had exactly 10bb, I was 4/7 and on the 4 handed table. It was all very congested with us short stacks, 2 other guys on my table I covered but we also had the big chip leader for company which was far from ideal. Didn't want to nit up just to make the FT so took the spots I could, K10s I felt was an easy open shove whilst shorthanded.....Mr big stack had KJs and despite turning a flush draw I couldn't get there and fell in 7th. Took 8 heads I think it was which almost matched what I got for coming 7th. Nice to end the UKOPs on a plus, and look forward to the next instalment. Double ME guarantees week is the next thing to whet the whistle.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Still waiting on my £26.50 :) How much did Jac win you ;)

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Vow....UKOPS fever : Still waiting on my £26.50 :)How much did Jac win you ;)
    Posted by samantha25
    Jac was a sound investment, just like Northern Rock, Farepak, and Woolies.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Vow....UKOPS fever : Jac was a sound investment, just like Northern Rock, Farepak, and Woolies.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

• edited November 2014
    I don't often play on Stars, the odd dabble every now and then and that's it. Still licking my wounds from the last time I played on there.....will refresh people's memories for those that don't know ;)

Was down to the final 12 in the Bigger $22. It started at 5pm, it was now 3 on Monday morning. I was going ok, about 9/12 but with a reasonable stack of 30 bigs or so. There were still some big names in including Jack Ellwood and Ben Jones, but I didn't feel particularly out of my depth or comfort zone. An aggro guy raises the cut off, I peel the SB with 88 and the BB comes along as well. I flop the set on an 8 Q Jcc board, happy days! GII there and then vs Mr aggro who has KK with the Kc....then stars proceeds to kick me in the nuts by giving him runner runner clubs for the flush.

That was for a top 3 stack, and there was $19,500 for the win. Instead I was out in 12th for $750. Of course I'm not saying I'd have binked, but I'd have been well placed for a damn good go at it. I railed for the few minutes following my exit and another 2 bust pretty quickly to set up the FT, where 9th was $1000 and the jumps pretty juicy for a low stakes donk like me. Wasn't meant to be, and it still preys on my mind, sigh.

Just seen that Stars have announced a special tournament extravaganza to lead up to their billionth MTT, which is a $109 $2m guaranteed jobby. Will happily put on record now that I'll take 12th in that tourney!
  • edited November 2014

Sky often come in for criticism. Occasionally its justified, like the PS4 fiasco. I really hope jac35 is still waiting for his though ;)

Usually though, it's just people being ridiculously over the top or losing perspective, or complaining for the sake of complaining. Look at the number of people who moan about freerolls ffs.

One good thing that Sky poker does.....they don't harass me at all hours! Yes I get the odd text every now and then which is fine.....which leads me on to Titan poker.

I signed up with them a while back. They had a very misleading sign up 'offer', that wasn't only why I joined, though it was supposed to sweeten the deal. What they did have was a couple of good looking Sunday tournaments with chunky gtd's, and I wanted to give them a bash. So deposited the necessary amount (about £120 I think it was), and proceeded to bust them. No bother.

I didn't boot up Titan poker for the foreseeable after that, obviously content on Sky. Little did I know that I would soon be called night and day by them regarding my lack of action on the site. They'd phone me whilst on my lunch at work, at the crack of dawn, in the evening when most people are heading to bed. Maybe I'm ungrateful but I didn't appreciate being rung on my mobile at 10pm regarding the next time I put some money down I'd get extra %.  So because of this, I've only played on Titan maybe 3/4 times in the 6 months or so I've been on there.

Alas, I have to play on there tonight. They are running a sat for the Madchester open, which commences in a few days. I have a new debit card (rip old debit card lost in Bangkok), so had to register its details first. This led to the live help chat box popping up every few seconds asking if I needed help. Sigh. It's like they watch you like a hawk when you click the 'deposit' option. I just ignored the guy (perhaps I should have said ''I'm fine thanks'' or w/e but meh) to the point where he was frantically asking if I could see his messages. Pathetic. Fair enough, some new people might need assistance, but it's very off putting and also slightly patronising to the majority I'd imagine.

I think this might be my last stint on Titan poker! And sometimes we forget how good we have it here, when you look at the bigger picture. Thanks for not continually belling me :)

• edited November 2014
    Nice little diary you've got here hufty ;)
  • edited November 2014
    Nice little diary you've got here hufty ;)
    Posted by mrsduck
    It's not a diary. It's obviously an online journal, a huge difference to a diary ;)
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Vow....UKOPS fever : It's not a diary. It's obviously an online journal, a huge difference to a diary ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    heehee! :D
  • edited November 2014
    UKOP's is over and so is your vow so I was thinking you might need a new diary name...
    How about "hufty's hellfire and humourisms"?

:)
    xxx
  • edited November 2014
    UKOP's is over and so is your vow so I was thinking you might need a new diary name... How about "hufty's hellfire and humourisms"? :) xxx
    Posted by mrsduck
    Surprised 'hellfire' got past the naughty word blocker!

Will sleep on it....

......it's a no ;)
  • edited November 2014
    Ran like p00p tonight.

2 outered on river for a huge pot in Madchester sat. Had 10 bigs left, pick up AK in vs the same guys Q8, a lovely XXA Q 8 was the final slap in the face.

Exit in the Titan 30k jobby was fair but annoying. Hovering around 15bb, a shorty jams about 9 just before me, I rejam AJs, but one of the blinds wakes up with QQ so I'm drawing pretty thin as shorty has AK.....XXJ flop gave hope, J turn even better but a Q river was justice I suppose.

Just busted their 10k one, QQ all in pre vs 1010 for a 35bb pot that would have rocketed me towards the top....10 high flop, lovely stuff. Didn't want the 2k ftw anyway, much happier with 25 Euros ;)

Played poor in mini on Sky, check raised all in a combo draw on the turn thinking I can get a fold but still had decent equity if called. I was called by K high, that also had the other flush draw. I didn't hit. Surprised by the call I must admit but he had the best hand ;)

Dirty exit in the 9.30 BH, large 3 way all in, shorty has KQ, guy who just covers me has AJ, me AK....J high flop, cheers for that.

God I sound like Lambert! ;)

Double gtd's week, time to run better is this week :)

Ps, feel free to fling new thread names my way....
  • edited November 2014
    Ran like p00p tonight. 2 outered on river for a huge pot in Madchester sat. Had 10 bigs left, pick up AK in vs the same guys Q8, a lovely XXA Q 8 was the final slap in the face. Exit in the Titan 30k jobby was fair but annoying. Hovering around 15bb, a shorty jams about 9 just before me, I rejam AJs, but one of the blinds wakes up with QQ so I'm drawing pretty thin as shorty has AK.....XXJ flop gave hope, J turn even better but a Q river was justice I suppose. Just busted their 10k one, QQ all in pre vs 1010 for a 35bb pot that would have rocketed me towards the top....10 high flop, lovely stuff. Didn't want the 2k ftw anyway, much happier with 25 Euros ;) Played poor in mini on Sky, check raised all in a combo draw on the turn thinking I can get a fold but still had decent equity if called. I was called by K high, that also had the other flush draw. I didn't hit. Surprised by the call I must admit but he had the best hand ;) Dirty exit in the 9.30 BH, large 3 way all in, shorty has KQ, guy who just covers me has AJ, me AK....J high flop, cheers for that. God I sound like Lambert! ;) Double gtd's week, time to run better is this week :) Ps, feel free to fling new thread names my way....
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

hhhfcufntychofps road to nowhere :)
  • edited November 2014
    Hhyftrftdr's Horrible Histories?   
  • edited November 2014

Marking time before Vegas?

Viva Las Vegas

Have I mentioned I am going to Vegas?