You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today...

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Are all payout for this festival via sky poker or dtd cash desk ?

Just got a ten day pass for poker starting know. Yippy

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today...:
    Are all payout for this festival via sky poker or dtd cash desk ? Just got a ten day pass for poker starting know. Yippy
    Posted by smoky2408
    Hi Smoky.

Good man!

Good question, too.

All payouts, for this entire Fessie, are by DTD, at the Cash Desk here, by cash, cheque, or Bank TX, as you prefer.

• edited August 2014

20 minutes remain in Level 12, then 3 more levels scheduled for today.

32 players remain.

Under 15 to survive?

6 Max Live plays FAST!
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today... : Hi Smoky. Good man! Good question, too. All payouts, for this entire Fessie, are by DTD, at the Cash Desk here, by cash, cheque, or Bank TX, as you prefer.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    used to call that a" boodle" pre plastic ,used to put pound notes around a wade of paper lol 
  • edited August 2014
    20 minutes remain in Level 12, then 3 more levels scheduled for today. 32 players remain.   Under 15 to survive? 6 Max Live plays FAST!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Go around topping up peoples' drinks and you might get an early night. :)
  • edited August 2014
    See u tommrow ty

• edited August 2014

There is a very tempting £2 £2 Omaha 4/5/6 Cash Game running, organised by Skalie. Fortunately for me, there are no vacant seats at present......

Anyway, Neil Giblin (JAKALLY) is playing it, & amongst his 5 cards in the last hand were these two cards......

....and......

FLOOR!
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today... : Go around topping up peoples' drinks and you might get an early night. :)
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Ooh, that reminds me, you posed a question earlier......
  • edited August 2014

3 levels remain, 30 players left.
  • edited August 2014

In that £2 £2 4/5/6 Omaha Cash Game, just seen a quiite remarkable hand.

It was 5 card, they were 3 way, all the way, & there was just north of £1,000 in the middle.

It was bet every street by Big Trevor Reardon.

Board was something like....

2-4-6-8-7

On their backs........

None of the players seemed keen to table their hands @ showdown.

Eventually, & sheepishly, Trevor Reardon shows K-K, which was..........good!
  • edited August 2014
    Tikay, we'll assume you're not playing the main as you're "Front of House" and it sounds as though you're not playing the mini, but are you playing any of the other events this time around? Got to go one better in the PLO(or PLO8), surely?
    Posted by BorinLoner
    I was very tempted to play the Mini - still might I guess - but managed to avoid the temptation today. I'll probably swerve it though, it plays quite fast, & whilst I love 6-Max, I've convinced myself I'm dead money in NLH these days.

I adore PLO though, & actually think I am getting better at it with age, so fingers crossed, I'll probably try & play the Omaha.

Omaha plays fast these days too, but I don't, I sit there very quiet early doors & let them all cut each others throats. There is a degree of mocking "you ever gonna play a hand old man?" sorta thing, but I'm well used to that by now & try to take no notice.

Would love another UKPC Omaha deep run, but variance being what it is, I'm due an early bath. Still, we never know with this game. I'll enjoy it though, for sure. Can't say I've ever played a "Live" 6 Max PLO Tourney before. I played a 4/5/6 Tourney last week, but that was 7-Max.

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today... : I was very tempted to play the Mini - still might I guess - but managed to avoid the temptation today. I'll probably swerve it though, it plays quite fast, & whilst I love 6-Max, I've convinced myself I'm dead money in NLH these days.   I adore PLO though, & actually think I am getting better at it with age, so fingers crossed, I'll probably try & play the Omaha.   Omaha plays fast these days too, but I don't, I sit there very quiet early doors & let them all cut each others throats. There is a degree of mocking "you ever gonna play a hand old man?" sorta thing, but I'm well used to that by now & try to take no notice. Would love another UKPC Omaha deep run, but variance being what it is, I'm due an early bath. Still, we never know with this game. I'll enjoy it though, for sure. Can't say I've ever played a "Live" 6 Max PLO Tourney before. I played a 4/5/6 Tourney last week, but that was 7-Max.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Due to it having 7 runners
  • edited August 2014

Out of order Jac, out of order.

It was good, mind, I'll give you that. Still bang out of order though.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today... : I was very tempted to play the Mini - still might I guess - but managed to avoid the temptation today. I'll probably swerve it though, it plays quite fast, & whilst I love 6-Max, I've convinced myself I'm dead money in NLH these days.   I adore PLO though, & actually think I am getting better at it with age, so fingers crossed, I'll probably try & play the Omaha.   Omaha plays fast these days too, but I don't, I sit there very quiet early doors & let them all cut each others throats. There is a degree of mocking "you ever gonna play a hand old man?" sorta thing, but I'm well used to that by now & try to take no notice. Would love another UKPC Omaha deep run, but variance being what it is, I'm due an early bath. Still, we never know with this game. I'll enjoy it though, for sure. Can't say I've ever played a "Live" 6 Max PLO Tourney before. I played a 4/5/6 Tourney last week, but that was 7-Max.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    stick to the plo teeks, play what you enjoy - not what's available
    played a plo8 mtt on sky the other night
    and then a plo mtt tonight
    was short stacked well before FT in both of them, but stuck to my mantra
    "if it's good enough for TK it might just work for me too" and played tight, not even making up the sb in multiway pots
    cashed in both 2nd in plo8, 2nd in the plo
    yes it's a bragpost but not for me, it's for how great Tikay's tuition has been for all forms of plo
    tyvm

PS this thread ain't so bad either
    PPS if you take photos on your ipad, you should be able to email them to yourself and then access your email on the pc
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today... : stick to the plo teeks, play what you enjoy - not what's available played a plo8 mtt on sky the other night and then a plo mtt tonight was short stacked well before FT in both of them, but stuck to my mantra "if it's good enough for TK it might just work for me too" and played tight, not even making up the sb in multiway pots cashed in both 3rd in plo8, 2nd in the plo yes it's a bragpost but not for me, it's for how great Tikay's tuition has been for all forms of plo tyvm PS this thread ain't so bad either PPS if you take photos on your ipad, you should be able to email them to yourself and then access your email on the pc
    Posted by GELDY
    BOOM, well done Geldy, good work. We can motor with a very short stack in both PLO & PLO8, & almost everyone plays way too many hands.

Yeah, I can take photos on my I-pad, but the e-Mail has never worked, it says something daft like "cannot connect to the server". Weird, because I can RECEIVE e-Mails just fine.

I'm not very good with these techie things......

• edited August 2014

2 levels remain today, & 23 runners left.

CARNAGE!
  • edited August 2014

Carnage on carnage - 17 left, but over a level remaining still.

Pretty sure they will curtail play a level early now.
  • edited August 2014

Team Rutter have both bust, as has Daiboot, & Dan Carter has just gone too.

Chinese Frankie & George2Loose both still in.

• edited August 2014

And yes, thats it, play has been suspended a level early, with 17 left. That will have to be replicated on 1b & 1c of course, too.

They dare not play deeper, in case they start hitting the theoretical cash spots.
  • edited August 2014

I've not booked into my hotel yet, or had any dinner, so I'm going to draw stumps now, will post the chip counts & stuff in the morning.

Night all.
  • edited August 2014

Wow, 130 down to 17, I assume the rate of attrition has been a lot faster than expected?

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today... : 15 levels a day tikay will that be the same for the main?
    Posted by BARBIE59
    Appreciate the updates, keep up the good work.
    Just to answer BARBIE59's question from earlier. DTD live chat told me last night, that the main would be 9 one hour levels, starting at midday, and finishing around 11pm. Assuming there will be 2 hours of breaks at some stage.
  • edited August 2014

Morning all.

Overlaid this morning, ugh.......

I need to clear up some stuff first, you know, work bits & bobs, but we'll try & follow the action as best we can.

Play for Day 1b commences in 14 minutes.

Hoping for a lot more runners today, certainly north of 150 are needed.

With 10 mins to kick off, how many so far?

• edited August 2014
    It's asking alot to expect poker players to roll out of bed for a midday start.
  • edited August 2014

Just seen "Stay Or Go" in the registration queue.

Bullet # 2 then.
  • edited August 2014

Wowzer, an old mate just turned up.

Real name is "Breetash Das" I think.

Anyone know his universal nickname?
  • edited August 2014
    It's asking alot to expect poker players to roll out of bed for a midday start.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Agreed, but for people like CTBN & MAXALLY, it's fine, we can't really call them "poker players", can we?
  • edited August 2014

Play has commenced with 49 runners, which is more than double yesterday's number.
  • edited August 2014

Will you make me so happy for the rest of my life? Will you take me away and will you make me your wife

I gotta know right now