You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My story

Comments

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: My story:
    Hope it's all working out for you Tom :)
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Thanks my good man. hope you are doing well on the felt., good guys win in the end..hopefully :)
  • edited February 2015
    get plenty of rest put into the rest bank if you can tom it will pay dividends in the long run, your bodies been through a lot both physically and emotionally don't try to run before you can walk. db xx
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Thanks hun, was good to see you the other evening , thanks for the rail and making me smile again, t c and glk on the felt. xx
  • edited February 2015
     just a quickie tom I hope your feeling well and your follow up treatment isn't causing too  many problems dbxx
  • edited February 2015
     just a quickie tom I hope your feeling well and your follow up treatment isn't causing too  many problems dbxx
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Hi hun. a quickie is fine by me :), I am doing ok - ish at present, still working and trying to keep things as normal as possible. I get tired very quickly though and my tummy gets upset but that is to be expected. The good lady wife has decided its time we started clearing things out ready for the house move.....in May, She's a little bit better organized than I am. This weekend just gone was the turn of my wardrobe, I never new how much clothing I had! mind you it was like saying goodbye to an old friend, was well upset at putting my white suit in a re-cycling bag,, :( how does the song go...I'm never gonna dance again...etc etc. anyway I hope to see you in dtd tonight, good luck. xx
  • edited February 2015
    to an old friend, was well upset at putting my white suit in a re-cycling bag,, :( how does the song go...I'm never gonna dance again...etc etc. anyway I hope to see you in dtd tonight, good luck. xx
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Was talking to John Travolta last week and he was the same!!  ;-))
  • edited February 2015
    I have been running pretty awful on the pokeramo front just lately,so I decided to change my game and actually fold a hand now and again :) last night it sort of paid off,I won the £2 deep stack for the umpteenth time (brag) thanks to dale for the rail and Waller for the great heads up ,he got unlucky in the final hand aipf when I had AK which held,I should have won the £2 bh also when having a huge chip lead heads up on ft only for the other chap to double up 3 times when behind aipf, fin 2nd in that so no complaints.

My sister and husband have come to visit us this weekend,lovely surprise, apparently everyone new but me,I went to the docs for my hormone injection and when I came back there was a car on our drive,I came in moaning about that and lo and behold it was my sister who I hadn't seen in years as she lives in Wales,cue big hugs all round.

We are having a catch up and it was mentioned the one and only time I went on the good lady wife's facebook and promptly fell out with some bloke who was giving my sister advice on smoking(i had sent her an e cig) I now feel awful for falling out with him cos he is an old chap...that is one of many reasons facebook is not for me.
  • edited February 2015
    n1 in the deepstack

as an old bloke myself i stay away from facebook, but maybe he was at fault not you, I'm sure you had your sis's best interests at heart
  • edited February 2015
    n1 in the deepstack as an old bloke myself i stay away from facebook, but maybe he was at fault not you, I'm sure you had your sis's best interests at heart
    Posted by GELDY
    Thanks Geldy, yes I did have her best interests still feel a bit of a heel though :(, although she did say he wouldn't have taken offence.
  • edited February 2015
    Well tonight I got in the £33 bounty hunter via one of them allin sat malarkies, made ft and finished 5th for 300 odd plus 200 odd bounties, kerblammo :)
  • edited February 2015
  • edited February 2015

Nice result last night Tom...well done.
  • edited March 2015
    nice win tom I hope your doing ok and feeling a bit better have you moved house yet that can be  very stressful

we once talked about breaking things down into small segments instead of the big picture ,my mothers bug bear is the

winter ever since she got stuck in the snow and had to abandon the car a few years ago she breaks the winter down into 60

days, January and February (its a waste of time telling her that only works out every leap year) we are treated to regular

updates  of 10 20 or 50% etc. of the winter being over till we were informed yesterday that winter was over only to wake

up this morning to about 3inches of snow.

another thing that made me connect you and my mam was when we were watching the tele and a comment was made

about his fella's nice butt, mam sparks up that john travolta's  in that white suit in Saturday night fever was her favourite
    '
    well I burst out laughing and she started explaining that she was young once and had her moments ,I had to explain that I

knew a fella who had just got reluctantly got rid of one and if she'd said earlier I might have been able to get it for me dad

after that we  both fell about laughing  imagining him walking down the street swing that jacket singing "night fever"

on the poker front a i got a 9th in one of the dtd's last Monday and a 7th in a  £2-20 ds last night, i got a bit of a sickener in
    the fr promotions being a 100 points a month i had to achieve 125 pts to get in the £10000 one and 150 to get into the

20000 as well, i started the last day of feb with 147 played in the £1-10 £2-20ds and got 3points , the table chat was that

the double points for dyms carried on till Monday i chirped in even though its march tomorrow yes was the answer

so i thought there's no hurry when i got k/od i went railing  played a dym after 12-00 got  another 2 pts decided to go to

bed and get the other 1 i needed in the morning gets up checks my points finished feb on 147, 2 on for march.

i  got on the chat line today to ask as a good will gesture would they make me up to 150 the first response was that the

points were never wrong i explained that wasn't the case that i had been mislead by table chat  after all i am a db but no

sympathy got him to get a ruling off the manager no way so i told them it was a point of principle there was no way i

would win in a field of 2500 and i was going to take my business else so i might have to beat you on the felt tonight

as a parting shot.

low and behold i look at my e-mails you have qualified with 144 pts my account says 147 for feb enough said for the points

are never wrong.

right tom rant over see you tonight take care.
  • edited March 2015
    nice win tom I hope your doing ok and feeling a bit better have you moved house yet that can be  very stressful we once talked about breaking things down into small segments instead of the big picture ,my mothers bug bear is the winter ever since she got stuck in the snow and had to abandon the car a few years ago she breaks the winter down into 60 days, January and February (its a waste of time telling her that only works out every leap year) we are treated to regular updates  of 10 20 or 50% etc. of the winter being over till we were informed yesterday that winter was over only to wake up this morning to about 3inches of snow. another thing that made me connect you and my mam was when we were watching the tele and a comment was made about his fella's nice butt, mam sparks up that john travolta's  in that white suit in Saturday night fever was her favourite ' well I burst out laughing and she started explaining that she was young once and had her moments ,I had to explain that I knew a fella who had just got reluctantly got rid of one and if she'd said earlier I might have been able to get it for me dad after that we  both fell about laughing  imagining him walking down the street swing that jacket singing "night fever" on the poker front a i got a 9th in one of the dtd's last Monday and a 7th in a  £2-20 ds last night, i got a bit of a sickener in the fr promotions being a 100 points a month i had to achieve 125 pts to get in the £10000 one and 150 to get into the 20000 as well, i started the last day of feb with 147 played in the £1-10 £2-20ds and got 3points , the table chat was that the double points for dyms carried on till Monday i chirped in even though its march tomorrow yes was the answer so i thought there's no hurry when i got k/od i went railing  played a dym after 12-00 got  another 2 pts decided to go to bed and get the other 1 i needed in the morning gets up checks my points finished feb on 147, 2 on for march. i  got on the chat line today to ask as a good will gesture would they make me up to 150 the first response was that the points were never wrong i explained that wasn't the case that i had been mislead by table chat  after all i am a db but no sympathy got him to get a ruling off the manager no way so i told them it was a point of principle there was no way i would win in a field of 2500 and i was going to take my business else so i might have to beat you on the felt tonight as a parting shot. low and behold i look at my e-mails you have qualified with 144 pts my account says 147 for feb enough said for the points are never wrong. right tom rant over see you tonight take care.
    Posted by dumb_blond

Ouch, not nice.

Nite DB, Tom, hope all well!!

GL
  • edited March 2015

Morning Tom,

How are you feeling now?
  • edited March 2015
    tom please accept my humble apology for my rant yesterday against what I saw as an injustice about the freeroll promotion

his thread was set up by your good self to help you explain your feelings about the battle that you have bravely faced 

not to listen to a dumb blond kicking off because she's been daft enough to take table chatter as gospel and not check the

rules for herself.

I just happened to be on typing the first half of my post when i got through to sky and got the brush off that lite the blue

touch paper and send a feisty blond of on one.

sorry tom It is was totally inappropriate to do it on here on your thread.
  • edited March 2015
    Great! WD! :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    Thanks Mrs D, very kind of you to post.
  • edited March 2015
    Nice result last night Tom...well done.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Thanks Alan, and very well done on your result in the main.
  • edited March 2015
    tom please accept my humble apology for my rant yesterday against what I saw as an injustice about the freeroll promotion his thread was set up by your good self to help you explain your feelings about the battle that you have bravely faced  not to listen to a dumb blond kicking off because she's been daft enough to take table chatter as gospel and not check the rules for herself. I just happened to be on typing the first half of my post when i got through to sky and got the brush off that lite the blue touch paper and send a feisty blond of on one.   sorry tom It is was totally inappropriate to do it on here on your thread.
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Hi Hun, no need to apologise at all,well done on your recent results btw,anyway as I was saying no need for sorry,I find it helps me to have a post which isn't just me ranting about random stuff. I didn't make the up your game promo thing, looks like you made it to one or two.? I disnt look too much into it as I just play now and again and don't " grind" as often as some do.i am getting drawn into a rather messy argument with a certain individual on here which tbh I am as guilty as he is,although he did start it :) I think I may say sorry next time I'm on same table and be the bigger man.g lk on tables.x
  • edited March 2015
    Morning Tom, How are you feeling now?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Mr K, firstly very well done on your exploits at the UKPC, pity you wre just outside the cash but well played. I have good days and some not so good, I get tired fairly quick which is a bit of a pain when we are trying to get organised for the house move. This weekend just gone for instance we packed a dozen or so boxes out of the loft( finding some lovely photos of the kids when they were very young,and some of me and the wife when we were "courting" I was amazed at how hunky I was ;) looked like a film star lol,also found some letters from my mother who has sadly passed away which brought a lump to my throat.) I also did 3 trips to the tip and after that I was pretty much worn out so had to have a lay down.i am back working full time now my radiotherapy has finished and doing ok with getting things a semblance of normality so alls good there.in the back of my mind there is that nagging doubt as to the up-coming appointment with the consultant at the end of the month but I try to remain positive with a lot of help from my loved one.hope to see you on the pl08 tables,good luck and thanks for asking.
  • edited March 2015
    Nice binkage in the mini last night Tom
    tomgoodun03£117.03 + £60.47 Head Prizes11
    WP
  • edited March 2015
    Nice binkage in the mini last night Tom tomgoodun 0 3 £117.03 + £60.47 Head Prizes 11 WP
    Posted by VespaPX
    +1 VWP Tom Sir!!!
  • edited March 2015
    And well done last night in the TPT game. Carry on like that and we'll have to add you to the team to keep it in house
  • edited March 2015
    Nice binkage in the mini last night Tom tomgoodun 0 3 £117.03 + £60.47 Head Prizes 11 WP
    Posted by VespaPX
    Thanks Mick, seems the heater is still going, going to make hay while the sun shines :)
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: My story : +1 VWP Tom Sir!!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Thanks Dave, I am chuffed to bits, even made Aussies league thingy :) Its been a goal of mine. Next stop Vegas...again :)
  • edited March 2015
    And well done last night in the TPT game. Carry on like that and we'll have to add you to the team to keep it in house
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Thanks Dale, and thank you for the invite to the tourney
  • edited March 2015
    Have a lovely weekend Tom :)
  • edited March 2015
    Have a lovely weekend Tom :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    Thank you,hope you and Mr.D have a splendid weekend also.

• edited March 2015
    This,that,and a bit of the other.
    Moral dilemma- I am currently "helping" the prostate cancer research dept. by providing details of my family history,my sister was a huge help when she visited last week,now here's the dilemma,I have now received a rather big form to fill in on my personal erm history,being a bloke form filling isn't my forte and my good lady wife has said she will help me,all goes well until page 4 when the nitty gritty questions pop up......1- how many partners have you had ...yikes,do I tell the 100% truth at the risk of upsetting aforementioned loved one( I was a bit of a lothario in my teens,twenties etc) I guess I will have to fill that one in by myself in a darkened room .

Poker has been going in feasibly well,as mentioned previously and I have splashed out on gifts for immediate family,today I am going into town with my daughter to purchase some Yankee candles which my wife loves.

My daughter has got a job :) it's in a care home and she told me that she mentioned in the interview my condition and how she has been helping me,so I am taking the credit for that too :) good luck at the tables all.
  • edited March 2015
    This,that,and a bit of the other. Moral dilemma- I am currently "helping" the prostate cancer research dept. by providing details of my family history,my sister was a huge help when she visited last week,now here's the dilemma,I have now received a rather big form to fill in on my personal erm history,being a bloke form filling isn't my forte and my good lady wife has said she will help me,all goes well until page 4 when the nitty gritty questions pop up......1- how many partners have you had ...yikes,do I tell the 100% truth at the risk of upsetting aforementioned loved one( I was a bit of a lothario in my teens,twenties etc) I guess I will have to fill that one in by myself in a darkened room . Poker has been going in feasibly well,as mentioned previously and I have splashed out on gifts for immediate family,today I am going into town with my daughter to purchase some Yankee candles which my wife loves. My daughter has got a job :) it's in a care home and she told me that she mentioned in the interview my condition and how she has been helping me,so I am taking the credit for that too :) good luck at the tables all.
    Posted by tomgoodun

Tom.....you need to use your poker skills on that one and bluff big time so you do not upset the wife with the truth. Speaking from personnel experience, telling the 'real' number of exes is never a good thing....even if who you are telling it to says they will understand no matter what the figure. They wont. Perhaps fill in that bit yourself after the rest is complete ;)

Glad you are treating the family to some gifts. Dont forget to treat yourself though! Also glad that your daughter has found some employment. 

Keep on grinding....in poker and life.
  • edited March 2015
    Maybe try and soften the true figure by telling her that all that experience you had in your youth has stood you in good stead and helped you take her to Nirvana on many an occasion? (I can't believe I just said that)