You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My story

1323334353638»

Comments

• edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: My story:
    Morning Tom. I've been reading but not posting much. Think you should rename this the Reality Check Diary. Everywhere else all I see is moans & groans about relative irrelevances, whereas you just battle on, mostly cheerful & honest even though you must feel mentally & physically awful at times. To you & your family, have a wonderful Xmas, & a great 2018. (Not a typo).   Much love, xx  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Good Morning Mr.K
    'Mostly' cheerful is ok I guess ;), I have been struggling to keep my happy face on lately.
    Good to play in your hunting grounds the other day, I have found the fold button at last :)
    Hope you and Gill have a happy healthy new year.
  • edited December 2016
    Happy Christmas to you and all of your Family. All the best. Rainman215.
    Posted by rainman215[/QUOTE
    Thank you
    Belated best wishes to you and your family, have a great new year.
  • edited December 2016
    Xmas day was nice, I helped with the lovely meal my good lady cooked ( every cook needs a potatoe/carrot/sprout/parsnip/cauliflower peeler)
    Received some lovely presents, I wear my new hat and gloves whilst taking the pug out for a walk.:)
    Dear daughter seems to be blooming, after all the ups and downs over the past month or two that is such a relief, we went to a well known shop to buy a pram / pushchair / car seat /ISO fix the other day, we pick it up on the 3rd of Jan. it's getting closer to being a grandad time :)
    Went for my CT scan yesterday, along with the intravenous dye ( it's not hot as she said, I was freezing cold, I didn't have my trusty hat on :(, the results will be with the consultant in a week or so, I have an appointment on the 13th Jan, so fingers crossed.
    Good lady wife is being her normal 'head down and battle on' self regarding her mum, she is obviously hurting inside, I try to help but don't know if I am saying or doing the right things, life is hard.
    Her mum needs to make a decision about treatment and other things, but at present she is refusing to read the letter she was given at the hospital , Sarah has been asked to take her mum to her appointment on the 5th Jan, along with her brother and sister ( who don't speak to each other ....families huh..)
    What's poker?
    Wb pudd, I need a chuckle. :)
    Be safe. X
  • edited December 2016
    Xmas day was nice, I helped with the lovely meal my good lady cooked ( every cook needs a potatoe/carrot/sprout/parsnip/cauliflower peeler) Received some lovely presents, I wear my new hat and gloves whilst taking the pug out for a walk.:) Dear daughter seems to be blooming, after all the ups and downs over the past month or two that is such a relief, we went to a well known shop to buy a pram / pushchair / car seat /ISO fix the other day, we pick it up on the 3rd of Jan. it's getting closer to being a grandad time :) Went for my CT scan yesterday, along with the intravenous dye ( it's not hot as she said, I was freezing cold, I didn't have my trusty hat on :(, the results will be with the consultant in a week or so, I have an appointment on the 13th Jan, so fingers crossed. Good lady wife is being her normal 'head down and battle on' self regarding her mum, she is obviously hurting inside, I try to help but don't know if I am saying or doing the right things, life is hard. Her mum needs to make a decision about treatment and other things, but at present she is refusing to read the letter she was given at the hospital , Sarah has been asked to take her mum to her appointment on the 5th Jan, along with her brother and sister ( who don't speak to each other ....families huh..) What's poker? Wb pudd, I need a chuckle. :) Be safe. X
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Hope your results are ok Tom and family's are just that mate  but I have no doubt you are saying and doing the right things and true life can be pish.now and then but every once in a while it gives us a little gem .I hope 2017 is a gem for you and yours and may your lum always reek with someone else's coal 
  • edited December 2016
    Thanks Harry, same to you my good man
    I miss the camaraderie , Micky taking, and general helpfulness of the group of chaps I left :(

I may play some poker tonight.
  • edited December 2016
    All the best for 2017 to you and all yours .

Heres hoping we make it to the island this year : )
  • edited January 2017
    All the best for 2017 to you and all yours . Heres hoping we make it to the island this year : )
    Posted by day4eire76
    Same to you and yours Pstrick, hope all have a Happy, Healthy , prosperous New Year.
    The Island is in sight ;)
  • edited January 2017
    I had a cunning plan last night, my good lady and I don't partake of the amber nectar , well that's not 100% true..my dear wife has a glass now and again, at Christmas I think she had one glass of the champaign that Alex provided, but you get the drift.
    Dear daughter was working a 'Twilight' shift - 6pm til 12pm, and Alex had arranged to go out with his mates.
    My cunning plan was to say I would pick them up, tbh though there was more to it than meets the eye,, I mean taxi fares at that time of night, and on New year are a tad extreme.
    So my "Dad of the year" generosity deserved a reward right? I played a little poker :) by little I mean starting at 6:30 and trying to keep awake registered for a £11 bounty hunter which is usually out of my strict b/r management reach.

So here's where karma for being a sneaky so and so rears its head.
    I was doing ok in aforementioned b/h, and time is ticking on, 11:30 and I'm 3/20 ish...uh oh.
    11:45 and I have made it into the money, what to do?
    11:53 and I decide to shove my 2 hands before the break....no callers :(
    Break at 11:55, rush to car, drive to Chloe's workplace, of course she doesn't come out at exactly 12, oh dear.
    She eventually pops out about 12:05, I wish her happy new year and set off for the 7 minute drive home, get home just in time to see the last of my chips going in with the dreaded 7/2 os..
    My final place was 7th, was a nice result all things considered :)
    Hope all have a Happy healthy New Year.
    Peace all x
  • edited January 2017
    ^^^^
    Essentially a long winded "I can sit out of tourneys and still easily cash brag"

Wp Tom :)
  • edited January 2017

Ha, great Karma story Tom.
  • edited January 2017

I have had several requests, on the open Forum & via PM, to move this to the Poker Chat board.

It's a great read, & in some ways, similar to the Diaries by Dohhhhhh & Grumpy Jac - a nice mixture of poker & personal.

So as of now, it is moved across to Poker Chat

If anyone objects, send me a PM please.

Love this Diary as do so many, so maybe it will pick up more readers now.

Thanks Tom.