You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My story

Comments

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: My story:
    Hi Tom
    Posted by Jac35
    Hi Paul, hope you are well, thanks for the nudge.
  • edited November 2016
    Life stuff : Sarah's mum had a fall at home, she has a replacement hip which fractured. Sarah rang the ambulance and followed it up to hospital driving her sister there. She stayed all day, got home at 6:15 , had a sandwich and I drove her back with some lady essential items, when we were leaving Sarah's mum said to her sister "Be careful with all this driving back and forth you're doing"  must be nice to be the favourite child I guess...
    Friday her Mum rang Sarah very upset, her levels weren't right and her smokers cough was concerning the hospital , they did some tests, x rays etc , then told her they are pretty sure she has lung cancer, she has a camera down the throat thingy due this Friday which will show what stage she is, and any treatment that may be appropriate to a lady of her age.
    Sarah is busy organising a package of care for when she comes out of hospital, we just returned from her house after measuring chairs,bed, toilet etc for any "lifters" or handles that may be needed until her hip is on the mend, approx 12 weeks according to hospital.
    Me - not had my CT scan appointment through yet, got a rag ear from the good lady for not chasing it up, apparently my phone call the other week just doesn't cut it.
    Poker stuff - going fairly deep in a few tourneys but not getting that FT or pay out to justify the 3-4 hours I'm in tourneys.
    Not felt too good today, the tone of above probably shows that, I have run out of tablets again.... I rubbish at organising my monthly repeat prescription. 
    Be good all.x
  • edited December 2016
    Hi Tom. Still reading, there might be some good new contributions but this is one thread I would never stop checking on.

Perhaps your sister-in-law is just a bad driver?

Best wishes for your mother-in-law and hope her test results are as postive as they can be.

Good luck too on your next scan. 

Can't they automate and deliver these repeat prescriptions? 

• edited December 2016
    Hi Tom. Still reading, there might be some good new contributions but this is one thread I would never stop checking on. Perhaps your sister-in-law is just a bad driver? Best wishes for your mother-in-law and hope her test results are as postive as they can be. Good luck too on your next scan.  Can't they automate and deliver these repeat prescriptions? 
    Posted by Phantom66
    Thanks Mark,really appreciate your input.
    Just come back from visiting mother in-law,she seemed more positive today, she had taken a few steps with the aid of a walker.
    Rang my consultants secretary on Friday to chase up missing CT scan, voicemail said she doesn't work Fridays and Monday's , must remember to ring Tuesday :)
    Automate and deliver? Hmm not too sure, when I asked them to fax my order over to the nearest chemist to me ( Boots) they said it wasn't set up with them yet...
    Had quite a busy day today, deserving of a little pokeramo this evening methinks .
    Peace and love all x
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: My story : Thanks Mark,really appreciate your input. Just come back from visiting mother in-law,she seemed more positive today, she had taken a few steps with the aid of a walker. Rang my consultants secretary on Friday to chase up missing CT scan, voicemail said she doesn't work Fridays and Monday's , must remember to ring Tuesday :) Automate and deliver? Hmm not too sure, when I asked them to fax my order over to the nearest chemist to me ( Boots) they said it wasn't set up with them yet... Had quite a busy day today, deserving of a little pokeramo this evening methinks . Peace and love all x
    Posted by tomgoodun
    enjoy your poker tom gl
  • edited December 2016
    This will be my third Xmas since diagnosis, I'm one of the lucky ones. Here's a little ditty - 

Desist all violence everyone
    Honesty and respect visit each year
    In summary
    Enjoy life, love, regain old youthfulness.

For the honest ones amongst us, good luck, have fun x
  • edited December 2016
    This will be my third Xmas since diagnosis, I'm one of the lucky ones. Here's a little ditty -  Desist all violence everyone Honesty and respect visit each year In summary Enjoy life, love, regain old youthfulness. For the honest ones amongst us, good luck, have fun x
    Posted by tomgoodun
    :)
  • edited December 2016
    I have been sadly lacking on updates, sorry loyal reader/s
    Dear daughter picked my prescription up, dear wife had faxed my needs to docs who duly faxed it to chemist, 21st century tech works :) bit strange that I can get virtually any medication I want without seeing a doctor though :( maybe I will test the system next time and ask for a pregnancy testing kit.
    Mother in law seems to be on the mend, Dear wife has a meeting with the caring team next Tuesday to asess in laws needs for when she returns home. 
    I have an appointment at hospital next Tuesday, follow up to flow rate malarkey, arrive with full bladder etc. pretty sure I can manage all on my lonesome.
    Good news! I got a letter Saturday - my urgent ct scan appointment has been arranged :) 28th December.
    Still got same symptoms as before, hopefully summat will jump out at them and they will be able to do something, hopefully not "Good news Mrs your pregnant "
    Poker has been pretty dismal lately, the influx of new chaps to the tournaments I play seem to play by different rules, 500bb shove after my 3x raise for instance :) thing is, I like to play for a few hours and relax after a hard day at the coal face..oh am I giving something away there....
    I didn't watch much of sky poker TV, except in the early days of 861, still sad to see it go, hope the presenters and background guys and gals find something to do with their excellent skill set.
    Thanks to all that make me smile, certainly needed lately.
    Good luck, have fun, be safe x
  • edited December 2016
    Hi tom, are you on a repeat prescription? Pharmacy2u deliver to your door for free.Guess you know that.gl.
    Or place of work......Anywhere you inform them.
  • edited December 2016
    Hi tom, are you on a repeat prescription? Pharmacy2u deliver to your door for free.Guess you know that.gl. Or place of work......Anywhere you inform them.
    Posted by chilling
    Hi Chilling.
    Yes I'm on repeat prescription, as far as getting a company which will charge the NHS for the service it doesn't sit well with my moral compass, I'm already costing them a fortune in treatment and if I can't get my b um in gear to pick my own tablets up I don't deserve to have them really, it's just my lack of foresight with the timing of putting the order in.
    I mean, I get up in the morning, dress myself, and get to work ok, it's just the tiny things in life like organising the tablets I need daily that I struggle with ;)
    As long as we have the NHS free at point of entry ( may not be for long if tricky Dicky Branson gets his way) I reckon I should at least do my bit, thanks for the suggestion though.
  • edited December 2016
    This will be my third Xmas since diagnosis, I'm one of the lucky ones. Here's a little ditty -  Desist all violence everyone Honesty and respect visit each year In summary Enjoy life, love, regain old youthfulness. For the honest ones amongst us, good luck, have fun x
    Posted by tomgoodun
    +1

doing pretty well with the last longer tom, keep it up.
  • edited December 2016
    Just caught up with this Tom, hope everything is as ok as it can be and things are in place for the M.I.L. Good luck with your C.T scan. Glad your holiday went well. Want to wish you and your family a very merry xmas and a great new year. That applies to everyone else too who reads your diary. Take care and run golden xx
  • edited December 2016
    Thanks Geldy and Donna.
    Not good news about Mother in law I'm afraid. Dear wife took her to see oncology consultant today, mother in law didn't want to know any details so my wife and her brother were the recipients of the news no person wants to hear of their loved one.
    If they decide she is fit enough for chemotherapy it would give an extra couple of months only.
    We had invited her to ours on Xmas day and we shall do our best to make her time here enjoyable.
    To be honest my persona of being honest and saying things as they are hasn't been the best practice, I feel awful for my dear wife, I want to be there for her when she needs me, same as she has been for me throughout. Sometimes it's best to nod and say nothing, you would have thought at my age I would be wise enough to know this.
    We have been looking after the mother in laws dog for the past week, it's obviously not used to sleeping in a foreign environment , proven by the packages she leaves for us on the carpet each morning, we do have puppy training pads down but the poor thing has never had training for them and it's too late now.
    I had to make a little sacrifice to be more attentive to my good lady, the folk who have been such good people to me and have picked me up when I feel down, make me laugh when I need it, and listen to my gripes on a daily basis and mean an awful lot to me, I felt I had to leave them for a short while. I'm pretty sure they understand, each and every one of them are good people., wish there was more like them who look after people.
    Peace all x

• edited December 2016
    Really horrible news regarding your mother in law Tom.

Wish you and all yours the best Christmas possible.

Chat soon pal.

• edited December 2016
    Merry Christmas to you & yours, Tom. Hope you manage to have a good time despite the latest news.

May you, ahem, run golden for many a year....
  • edited December 2016
    Hope you have as nice a Christmas as possible Tom.

• edited December 2016
  • edited December 2016
    Really horrible news regarding your mother in law Tom. Wish you and all yours the best Christmas possible. Chat soon pal.
    Posted by day4eire76
    Thanks Patrick, same to you and yours. Hope things turn out well for your brother.You are a star.
  • edited December 2016
    Merry Christmas to you & yours, Tom. Hope you manage to have a good time despite the latest news. May you, ahem, run golden for many a year....
    Posted by Essexphil
    Thanks Phil, all the best to you and family, I'm running "golden" pretty often :)
  • edited December 2016
    xxx
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    <3 Hero.
  • edited December 2016
    Hope you have as nice a Christmas as possible Tom.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Thanks Neil, have a great Xmas and new year, fangs for the mammaries.
  • edited December 2016
    Take care Tom
    Posted by Jac35
    Thanks Paul., same. E.Cig for Xmas? :)
  • edited December 2016
    My good lady mentioned during the week that it doesn't feel like Xmas until we put the tree up and I nip out on Xmas eve for the gifts that I have forgotten to purchase the other 363 days of the year :)
    Today I am popping out to get the gift that I forgot to get her last week, I win :)
    Tree is up.
    Going out to pick Turkey up which we ordered a couple weeks ago.
    It's beginning to feel a lot like Xmas 

Happy Xmas to all my readers, thanks for bearing with me throughout the year and keeping me sane.

Peace and love all x
  • edited December 2016
    all the best Tom , wishing you and yours a merry chirstmas from the Mulcahys , run good bro
  • edited December 2016
    Im spending Xmas Day in hospital as my Mother in law had a stroke last week.
    Travelling up to the Midlands tomorrow.

Best wishes for the New Year to you and yours.
  • edited December 2016

Morning Tom.

I've been reading but not posting much.

Think you should rename this the Reality Check Diary.

Everywhere else all I see is moans & groans about relative irrelevances, whereas you just battle on, mostly cheerful & honest even though you must feel mentally & physically awful at times.

To you & your family, have a wonderful Xmas, & a great 2018. (Not a typo).

Much love, xx

• edited December 2016
    Happy Christmas to you and all of your Family.
    All the best.
    Rainman215.
  • edited December 2016
    all the best Tom , wishing you and yours a merry chirstmas from the Mulcahys , run good bro
    Posted by stokefc
    Belated Xmas best wishes Sean, hope you had a great time.
  • edited December 2016
    Im spending Xmas Day in hospital as my Mother in law had a stroke last week. Travelling up to the Midlands tomorrow. Best wishes for the New Year to you and yours.
    Posted by VespaPX
    Hope all is ok with Mother in law Mick.
    Best wishes for a happy healthy new year.