You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My story

Comments

• edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: My story:
    Best wishes to mrs goodun and have a great holiday.  I am not a health professional, but just curious as to why your wife is having BP taken while at home? To get an accurate picture of BP, I would have thought she should be wearing the monitoring device during the course of a "normal day"? It may be I suppose that the GP wishes to rule out the cause of the high BP being the stress of being in a GP surgery and so wants her to be resting?
    Posted by Phantom66
    Thanks Mark.
    I don't think she knows the meaning of resting :) she was working from home on that day, and not one of them" working " from home days.,the machine looked a bit cumbersome and went off every 20 mins during day and half hour during the night, yup she had to wear it in bed. 
  • edited July 2016
    I may have had my blood test a little early, my oncology appointment is Tuesday, but not according to the letter I received this morning which states October...my good lady rang the dept but it is closed today, she has given me strict instructions to ring them Monday, we will see how that goes, she seems to be a tad miffed that we got the letter today, I reckon it could be a mistake :)
    I have been following the exploits of the sky team in Vegas , fab reporting from Mr Kendall as per, very well done to all of the players.
    I read the "November 9" will now be the October 9 , resuming play on the 30th. We are in Vegas from the 25th to the 29th :(

Poker been ok ish, cashed in the mini bounty hunter, along with the Deepstack on Thursday, I changed my normal day of play (Wednesday) as my darling daughter came to visit. We took her dog for a walk whist she was here and guess what else? There are no Pokemon in this area :)

I'm off to the garden to read the book my lovely wife bought me this week - Harlen Coben, I have read all of his ( I think ) 
    I will give it 30 pages before I nod off in the glorious sunshine :)

Be good, be safe, have fun x
  • edited July 2016
    I may have had my blood test a little early, my oncology appointment is Tuesday, but not according to the letter I received this morning which states October...my good lady rang the dept but it is closed today, she has given me strict instructions to ring them Monday, we will see how that goes, she seems to be a tad miffed that we got the letter today, I reckon it could be a mistake :) I have been following the exploits of the sky team in Vegas , fab reporting from Mr Kendall as per, very well done to all of the players. I read the "November 9" will now be the October 9 , resuming play on the 30th. We are in Vegas from the 25th to the 29th :( Poker been ok ish, cashed in the mini bounty hunter, along with the Deepstack on Thursday, I changed my normal day of play (Wednesday) as my darling daughter came to visit. We took her dog for a walk whist she was here and guess what else? There are no Pokemon in this area :) I'm off to the garden to read the book my lovely wife bought me this week - Harlen Coben, I have read all of his ( I think )  I will give it 30 pages before I nod off in the glorious sunshine :) Be good, be safe, have fun x
    Posted by tomgoodun

Couldn't wait to drop that in there eh? ;)
  • edited July 2016
    You Myron?
    I could be Windsor Horne Lockwood.
    I see Jon and Jimi as the Ache brothers
    Tash and Frog as Esperanza and Big Cyndi?
  • edited July 2016
    You Myron? I could be Windsor Horne Lockwood. I see Jon and Jimi as the Ache brothers Tash and Frog as Esperanza and Big Cyndi?
    Posted by Jac35
    Ha, I have too many skeletons in my closet to be Mr.Bollitar. Jimi and Jon - spot on :) hope boss lady and the lovely Samantha don't read :)

I have a "dilemma" re Vegas, there are 5 of us, 4 staying  at the Luxor and son staying at Tropicana. What is the best ( cheapest) way to get there? I have googled taxi services but it seems a bit complicated and as we will all be tired and lugging suitcases I want a straightforward transition .
  • edited July 2016
    I think I'd just jump in a taxi as you arrive, shouldn't cost that much with it being the airport end of the Strip. I wouldn't prebook anything, and the shuttle transfers you can get will probs cost more than a taxi when all 5 of you have chucked in your $$$. You'll need a slightly bigger vehicle but that shouldn't add too much to the overall cost.

FWIW, a standard taxi from Luxor to the airport in January cost me $15 in normal traffic, obv rounded this up to 20 bucks ;)
  • edited July 2016
    I think I'd just jump in a taxi as you arrive, shouldn't cost that much with it being the airport end of the Strip. I wouldn't prebook anything, and the shuttle transfers you can get will probs cost more than a taxi when all 5 of you have chucked in your $$$. You'll need a slightly bigger vehicle but that shouldn't add too much to the overall cost. FWIW, a standard taxi from Luxor to the airport in January cost me $15 in normal traffic, obv rounded this up to 20 bucks ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Thanks Jon, always good to get advice from a Vegas regular :)
  • edited July 2016
    Phoned the hospital as instructed, it wasn't a mistake - they had changed tomorrow's appointment to October :(
    I explained to the nice lady that I am on 6 month reviews, she told me my consultant is on holiday for 2 weeks, I asked if perhaps someone else could see me, lo and behold I have an appointment this Friday :)
    It did make me feel a bit "off" though, as I build myself up to try and stay calm and positive during the days leading up to the appointment, probably all straight forward but I can't help feeling nervous and all the woe is me thoughts take hold.

I shall be playing the Dtd games tonight, I may have to re-think playing them, last Tuesday I felt the worst I have for ages, I tend to get up during the night between 3-5 times, and if I go deep in them it's getting towards midnight when I go to bed, up at 5-45 isn't great with such a lack of sleep.

Good luck all, be happy.x
  • edited July 2016
    Just for you avid reader, consultant confirmed my psa level is still low.
  • edited July 2016
    Just for you avid reader, consultant confirmed my psa level is still low.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    That's a good thing right?
    If it is hope it stays that way for you.

Best wishes to you and yours.
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: My story : That's a good thing right? If it is hope it stays that way for you. Best wishes to you and yours.
    Posted by VespaPX
    Indeed it is, my psa level is currently 0.3, testosterone 0.9 which probably accounts for my love of hoovering ( bit of sexism for the lads)
    Thanks for the good wishes Mick, same to you and yours my good man.
  • edited July 2016
    Saw a new Consultant at hospital who gave me the good news that alls well at present, I can relax for the next 5 months :)
    She asked me what tablets I am taking after I told her about the getting up in the night scenario., then said I best have blood tests to check my liver cos I have been taking a certain tablet since radiotherapy....errr ok....I stopped taking them forthwith.

Went to visit my sister yesterday, as she was down visiting her daughter in East Malling. Had a lovely time catching up,her son paid a visit, he is currently doing his basic training to join the RAF, really tough going, we are all so proud of him as he has turned his life around and this could be the making of him, also helps that he is a laugh a minute.

Just finished the weekly cleaning routine, would love to sit in the garden and read my book (Karin Slaughter this time) but next doors daughter has her birthday so the obligatory bouncy castle is in their back garden with more than one child on it :( I'm getting old and grumpy,....On that note it's great to see Paul back posting, I must add my observations on his new thread, great title too :)
    Be good, be safe, have fun.x
  • edited July 2016
    glad your health is stable and your family is doing well as for the bouncy castle next door go and have a wee shot lol
  • edited July 2016
    I'm happy the psa level is good news, Tom.
    I don't know what it is but that isn't important.

Best wishes to Family Goodun.
  • edited July 2016
    Nice to read some good news for mr goodun.

PS Know East Malling well - grew up a couple of miles away. 
  • edited July 2016
    just catching up, great to hear the good news on the health front, havent actually read Coben so can't really comment on whether being an Ache bro is a good thing or not.

I did do a bit of googling and love the modest Jac portraying himself as the philanthropic billionaire.

All i found regarding Big Cyndi......'like a rhino in spandex' ;-)
  • edited July 2016
    just catching up, great to hear the good news on the health front, havent actually read Coben so can't really comment on whether being an Ache bro is a good thing or not. I did do a bit of googling and love the modest Jac portraying himself as the philanthropic billionaire. All i found regarding Big Cyndi......'like a rhino in spandex' ;-)
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    :)
  • edited July 2016
    I see the Punta Cana experience has been announced, excellent news, great that sky offer such a fantastic opportunity. The dates are 25th October to 31st October. See previous posts as to when I am away on holiday :,(  guess I will have to make do with Vegas and the Carribean...hard life.
  • edited July 2016
    your story is so touching tom ...take care and be well soon....see you in the deep stacks. will follow your story with interest x

• edited July 2016
    your story is so touching tom ...take care and be well soon....see you in the deep stacks. will follow your story with interest x
    Posted by darklady20
    Thank you so much, very kind of you to post your good wishes. Welcome to the forum, I see this is your first post, hope it isn't the last, we have some real characters here, nice folk really - some of them have posted on my story, see if you can guess which ones I'm referring to :)
    I am enjoying a lovely weekend with my dear wife,had a great day yesterday and been in town today to purchase holiday attire. I tried my "holiday" shorts on this morning ( I don't wear them during the year, too cold ;)) and was really pleased they still fit , I may be getting my "Tommy Triangle" physique back :)
    Once again we did the necessary house work then retired to the garden, sun came out, was lovely. I lasted 4 pages before falling asleep....
    I will try to say hi if we meet in the deep stacks, be careful though cos I'm a lucky so and so :)
    Be good have fun x
  • edited August 2016
    Is this a diary? Seems some folk don't like em, all I know is it helps me. Sometimes I read the early pages and remember how I was feeling then as opposed to now, I still have bad days but on reading back I can balance things out and all the messages of support are a great help to me.
    As mentioned previously I stopped taking one of my tablets due to the consultant saying I need to have monthly liver function tests., the tablet in question was prescribed to help with the night(and day) sweats which are a side effect of the hormone therapy. Stupid decision, 2 days later and at work it is like a tap is perched on my head, and the good lady mentioned how soaked the bed sheets are...seems the tablets did work ...bug ger... I have started taking them again :(
    Tomorrow is my injection day so I best mention what the consultant said.
    I was debating all day yesterday whether to play the Dtd games, I really enjoy them but like I said before if I get lucky and run well it makes for a late night , decided to play and ran ok apart from my AA getting beat by jj, new I should have folded pre :) my exit hand was AK v his AA , is that irony? 
    That's all for now
    Have fun.x
  • edited August 2016
    Is this a diary? Seems some folk don't like em, all I know is it helps me. Sometimes I read the early pages and remember how I was feeling then as opposed to now, I still have bad days but on reading back I can balance things out and all the messages of support are a great help to me. As mentioned previously I stopped taking one of my tablets due to the consultant saying I need to have monthly liver function tests., the tablet in question was prescribed to help with the night(and day) sweats which are a side effect of the hormone therapy. Stupid decision, 2 days later and at work it is like a tap is perched on my head, and the good lady mentioned how soaked the bed sheets are...seems the tablets did work ...bug ger... I have started taking them again :( Tomorrow is my injection day so I best mention what the consultant said. I was debating all day yesterday whether to play the Dtd games, I really enjoy them but like I said before if I get lucky and run well it makes for a late night , decided to play and ran ok apart from my AA getting beat by jj, new I should have folded pre :) my exit hand was AK v his AA , is that irony?  That's all for now Have fun.x
    Posted by tomgoodun
    One person doesn't like them Tom
    But he's horrible and no one likes him. So it's ok.
    I'm so pleased that the diary has helped you. That's the most important thing. As a bonus, it's also enjoyed by many people on here as well. You inspire us all and I love your understated wit.
    Please keep posting
  • edited August 2016
    Thanks Paul.
    Today is one of my 3 a week, poker days that is...until...
    Day started off fine, was a little chilly in the morning so I lit the fire at work, may have been a flawed decision. I was absolutely boiling approx half an hour after lighting it, and you can't just "turn off" burning wood, unless your in the films Jon may watch in his lonely moments.
    I had a doctor and nurse appointment this evening at 6-15 and 6-20, I thought that was great as I didn't need to take time off work. Finish work at 5pm as per usual, got to docs at 5-45, bit early but hey ho. Then....
    Spoke to kindly receptionist about booking a liver function blood test ( I didn't forget, I'm awesome )
    Her reply surprised me somewhat, I mentioned the consultant had pointed out I need them, she asked why do I need them now? Erm mm, because I have been on a certain tablet which may bug ger up my liver I suppose , then I got to thinking, they prescribed it for me for the past 18 months, should they know?
    Couldn't do it same time as my other injections as they send bloods off lunchtime..fffff.
    Spoke to lovely nurse who did my pros tap injection ( at 7pm,she was running late) who didn't seem to know if there was any system for highlighting this,she said perhaps the hospital should inform them.
    She looked up the tablets in question, then booked me for...full bloods, liver, kidney , glucose, and other stuff I've already forgotten. I should have my next hormone injection 3 months from today, I can have it 2 days either side of 3rd November.
    I am on holiday til the 6th....TRAUMATISED.  Early night for me. Tomorrow is another day...
  • edited August 2016
  • edited August 2016
    Done  xxx
    Posted by paige55
    :)
  • edited August 2016
    Over on the fun page it seems vibrant at present, keep it up chaps.
    Sorry if mine is the total opposite at present, thems the breaks huh.
    Had a fairly early night and quite a decent sleep, only got up 3 times, this morning my ablutions revealed I have blood where it probably shouldn't be, good lady tried to re-assure me I could just have an infection, maybe..
    Rang docs who informed me to come straight in and provide a sample.
    Rang them this afternoon, they have sent the sample to hospital, fingers crossed .
    I need a hug .
  • edited August 2016
    Over on the fun page it seems vibrant at present, keep it up chaps. Sorry if mine is the total opposite at present, thems the breaks huh. Had a fairly early night and quite a decent sleep, only got up 3 times, this morning my ablutions revealed I have blood where it probably shouldn't be, good lady tried to re-assure me I could just have an infection, maybe.. Rang docs who informed me to come straight in and provide a sample. Rang them this afternoon, they have sent the sample to hospital, fingers crossed . I need a hug .
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Stay strong Tom

• edited August 2016
    Hope everything is totally dull-thinking of you
  • edited August 2016
    Wishing you all the best Tom 
  • edited August 2016
    All the best Tom.

A legend amongst men.