You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My story

Comments

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: My story:
    Lol @ "trout pout". When are the 2 hossie appointments, Tom?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Mr K.  Hope all is well with you.
    My first one is 2nd Sept, the main event is the 13th ( on pay per view you tube , just search Tom's Giblets)
  • edited August 2016
    Don't often post these days but do the odd spot of browsing. This is one of the places I do pop by from time to time, find your 'story' very inspiring, your honesty is very humbling and the style of writing....making such raw topics witty is a real gift, your writing is excellent. Makes some of the other diaries on here look distinctly average : ) Agree with the absurd obsession of modern day 'beauty' regimes. Some are just obscene. Never understood the selfie craze, but what's with all the blokes pouting, posing with duck like lips isn't attractive on a woman...but on a man! Anyhow hope your tests come back with good news, why not do something to take your mind off it like IKEA furniture construction : ) Hope you found all the correct screws in the end, if not have a look around the forum, there's plenty loose here.
    Posted by LmfaoAllin
    Hi James.
    Thanks for the kind words mate.
    We could be related :)
    The correct screws were not forthcoming, however being in the joinery trade was an easy enough solution by making the hole fit the sc rew, It's a bit like trying to fit my 34 inch waist trousers on - just put a split in the back seam , simples.

• edited August 2016
    Hi TomGU,

Long time lurker/reader who doesn't often post.   
    Really enjoy reading your "diarrhy". 
    See what I did there?  ;-) 

We meet reg on DTD tables BUT nae time to chat as I'm usually hoovering up your chips.

Just wanted to say rungolden on the 2nd & 13th..

pad 

• edited September 2016

Morning Tom.

If my memory serves me correct (highly unlikely....) tomorrow (Friday) is your Hossie appointment.

Be a bit daft to ask if you are nervous or worried, that's only natural, but from all of us here at Sky Poker, especially myself, good luck mate.

I suppose it would be reasonable to consider yourself unlucky. Being ill sucks, especially when you don't really know the score. The flip side of that is you might just be the luckiest guy in town, as your wife, Daughter & Son seem to be the absolute nuts.

They need you as much as you need them, never forget that. 

GL, GL, tons of run-good vibes sent. 
  • edited September 2016
    Morning Tom. If my memory serves me correct (highly unlikely....) tomorrow (Friday) is your Hossie appointment. Be a bit daft to ask if you are nervous or worried, that's only natural, but from all of us here at Sky Poker, especially myself, good luck mate.   I suppose it would be reasonable to consider yourself unlucky. Being ill sucks, especially when you don't really know the score. The flip side of that is you might just be the luckiest guy in town, as your wife, Daughter & Son seem to be the absolute nuts.   They need you as much as you need them, never forget that.  GL, GL, tons of run-good vibes sent.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Love the choice of words-beats being a kidney donor!-very best of luck

Phil
  • edited September 2016
    Best of luck Tom see you at the tables soon - always a pleasure
  • edited September 2016
    Hi TomGU, Long time lurker/reader who doesn't often post.    Really enjoy reading your "diarrhy".  See what I did there?  ;-)  We meet reg on DTD tables BUT nae time to chat as I'm usually hoovering up your chips. Just wanted to say rungolden on the 2nd & 13th.. pad 
    Posted by Glenelg
    Hi Glen, Thanks for the good wishes, as for hoovering up my chips..good luck with that mate as I have changed tactics in the DTD games, I never raise light now :).
  • edited September 2016
    Morning Tom. If my memory serves me correct (highly unlikely....) tomorrow (Friday) is your Hossie appointment. Be a bit daft to ask if you are nervous or worried, that's only natural, but from all of us here at Sky Poker, especially myself, good luck mate.   I suppose it would be reasonable to consider yourself unlucky. Being ill sucks, especially when you don't really know the score. The flip side of that is you might just be the luckiest guy in town, as your wife, Daughter & Son seem to be the absolute nuts.   They need you as much as you need them, never forget that.  GL, GL, tons of run-good vibes sent.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Good Evening Mr.K.
    Indeed you are correct, and nope not worried about tomorrow as it's just a simple non invasive procedure. The not knowing the score bit is the niggle though, I still have the same issues as I had weeks ago, probably human nature to think summat wrong lets do summat and make it right. When I was diagnosed,treatment started REALLY quickly and I guess my thought process is a tad askew as I had hoped someone could metaphorically put their finger on it and say "ah Ha" I know what that is, just take these twice a day and Bobs your Uncle! 
    It's a strange thing to say in my current position, but I know what you mean about being the luckiest guy in town, some days when I am not in a "woe is me" space I sit back and think how lucky I am, my family are such a joy and so supportive, my beautiful daughter stuck up for me the other evening when I was explaining a certain issue to my good lady and she "sort of" poo pooed it ( to coin a phrase ;) ) I am certain my good lady was saying what she did to stop me worrying but it's a good feeling when your daughter does things like that :).
    Enjoy your evening, good luck on the felt.

• edited September 2016
    Best of luck Tom see you at the tables soon - always a pleasure
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Thanks Danny, really enjoy our "battles" on the felt, take care mate and hope to see you on the tables soon.
  • edited September 2016
    The appointment went ok, the "please arrive with a full bladder" was a bit daunting. It seemed 9am was the time for everyone's appointment, had to sit in the waiting room reading "Hello" mag, I lasted one page before I started getting stressed.
    The first flow was easy enough, the second one however...I said I was ready to perform, the kindly nurse asked me to wait until I was "really desperate " , erm how do you explain that I am ready is " I am actually bursting" . Anyway, I sat down and managed to hold on for another 20 mins, by this time I had to do a "funny " walk down the what seemed mile long corridor, managed somehow to unzip before releasing the male mating call whils doing my business, I'm sure this is an everyday occurrence for them :)
    I now have a form to fill in for 3 days to record my intake and outlet of fluids, hate filling forms in, wonder if the wife will do it for me....
    Managed to win a little PL08 tournament last night and finish in top 20 of mini B/H, means I can withdraw another £100 for the holiday, makes up a smidgen of the interest rate debacle I suppose ;)
    Have fun, be safe x
  • edited September 2016

Well done Tom.

Not sure I could manage that "arrive with a full bladder, then sit & wait" thing. When I need to go I need to go.

It's largely in the mind, I think. If I drive up the motorway, I can manage for several hours, no problem. But the nearer I get to a Service Station, the worse it seems to get. 30 minutes is no problem, no problem at all, but 2 minutes & I'm in trouble, it's crossed legs & deep breaths. Weird.

Anyway, glad it seemed to go OK, & well done on the poker results.   

• edited September 2016
    Well done Tom. Not sure I could manage that "arrive with a full bladder, then sit & wait" thing. When I need to go I need to go. It's largely in the mind, I think. If I drive up the motorway, I can manage for several hours, no problem. But the nearer I get to a Service Station, the worse it seems to get. 30 minutes is no problem, no problem at all, but 2 minutes & I'm in trouble, it's crossed legs & deep breaths. Weird.   Anyway, glad it seemed to go OK, & well done on the poker results.      
    Posted by Tikay10

i know a certain British Airways Silver Summat member from York who can definitely sympathise with you on that front Mr Kendall.........
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: My story : i know a certain British Airways Silver Summat member from York who can definitely sympathise with you on that front Mr Kendall.........
    Posted by HENDRIK62

Who's that then?
  • edited September 2016
    I changed my 3 days I play poker as I am giving dtd tourneys a rest for a while, I was getting really tired with the luck boxing I have in them, then getting up 3-5 times during the night. Hopefully my issues will be diagnosed and rectified, if only to play the dtd's again. :)
    I have been running pretty good lately, managed to win the £2 deep stack on Sunday, every little helps.:)
    My good lady taped Poldark as we watch Victoria on tother side, she had a day off Monday and said she would watch it un-hindered by my jovial wise cracks ( or words to that effect)
    Anyway, apparently she didn't get time to watch it during the day as she had lots to do, I came home to a lovely roast dinner (hmmm)
    I reminded her, so she reluctantly pressed play....of course the usual 20 minutes in he had to go down t pit, and being very warm down there he had to take his shirt off, I looked over to the good lady expecting drool, she was reading a book...I nudged her and told her what she was missing, her reply? " Oh Tom, he's not a patch on you, you have spoiled me with your dashing good looks and Triangle physique" lol, 
    I know she was having me on, but I still strutted to the bathroom at the break :)
    Be good, and a special good luck to my hero. X
  • edited September 2016
    I changed my 3 days I play poker as I am giving dtd tourneys a rest for a while, I was getting really tired with the luck boxing I have in them
    Posted by tomgoodun

Whoo Hoo! TFFT!   LUCKBOXING?  Only Sam...25 surpasses your luckboxinggggg.

GL on the 13th.

Pad

• edited September 2016
    I changed my 3 days I play poker as I am giving dtd tourneys a rest for a while, I was getting really tired with the luck boxing I have in them, then getting up 3-5 times during the night. Hopefully my issues will be diagnosed and rectified, if only to play the dtd's again. :) I have been running pretty good lately, managed to win the £2 deep stack on Sunday, every little helps.:) My good lady taped Poldark as we watch Victoria on tother side, she had a day off Monday and said she would watch it un-hindered by my jovial wise cracks ( or words to that effect) Anyway, apparently she didn't get time to watch it during the day as she had lots to do, I came home to a lovely roast dinner (hmmm) I reminded her, so she reluctantly pressed play....of course the usual 20 minutes in he had to go down t pit, and being very warm down there he had to take his shirt off, I looked over to the good lady expecting drool, she was reading a book...I nudged her and told her what she was missing, her reply? " Oh Tom, he's not a patch on you, you have spoiled me with your dashing good looks and Triangle physique" lol,  I know she was having me on, but I still strutted to the bathroom at the break :) Be good, and a special good luck to my hero. X
    Posted by tomgoodun
    a story to warm the cockles of one's heart (probably a mixed metaphore there) n1
  • edited September 2016
    The day of the film work is almost upon us, I have filled in the forms about my intake and expulsion of fluids, must drink more!
    .....water that is. Once again my feelings are mixed, I am worried that I may need a nip and tuck in the nether regions and have time off work, I explained this to my good lady, she replied that the way I coped with radiotherapy and other stuff it can't be any worse than that, and anyway we have savings and she will be there for me, so nice to hear.
    My dear daughter has just got a tax rebate ( I helped her filling online forms in...what a guy;)) she text me at work, she has spent the winnings on a secret trip ( secret from he wife,  she asked me not to tell her) for me and the good lady, what have I done to deserve such kindness from all around me, such a joy :)
    My poker is going well at present, managed to cash in the£100gtd PL08 tourney, FT and cash in the £800 gtd B/H , bubble the other B/H when my AJ was beaten by QJ on a J33 flop, hey ho, happens.. Also was going ok in deep stack til I became the unbeliever when I raised with KK utg, BB defended, 10 10 3 flop, he bet every street and crippled me with his 10 7..
    Good enough to withdraw another £100 towards the holiday :) happy days. There is no such thing as a doom switch guys;)
    Dear son has gone away again for the weekend, he is having a bit of trouble with parcel delivery service, he has organised them delivering it today ( guess who has to stay in all day, kids ey )
    Have a great weekend al, be happy. X
  • edited September 2016

Morning Tom.

The Hossie thing is Tuesday, if I recall correctly?

If I forget tomorrow - & knowing me, I will - best of luck mate.
  • edited September 2016

Thinking of you today, Tom, good vibes sent.  
  • edited September 2016
    Thinking of you today, Tom, good vibes sent.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Most kind,thank you.
    My good lady is coming with me, we are setting off in 5 mins, she just said "are you ok love" I replied yes,sort of, she then said " Well stop acting like you are going to the gallows then" ..Cruel to be kind :)
  • edited September 2016
    When I got in the gallows room the 2 nurses and doctor seemed very kind, asked me how I was etc etc.
    Then it got to the nitty gritty, now when I was younger I was a little bit shy when anyone asked me to drop my shorts and pants, but since I have been going to these appointments it comes naturally, really hope I don't go into auto pilot when we go shopping.
    He started by asking me how was my health at present and what medication I was on, then said " I will be blunt, the reason for this procedure is that we will be checking for bladder cancer". I had considered that, but didn't want to dwell on it.
    The procedure is very short time wise, but makes up for it in uncomfortableness :) he tried to help my discomfort by asking me questions about my family, it worked to a degree. He even asked me to look at the monitor and pointed out where the blood was coming from, I was mightily relieved when he said there doesn't seem to be evidence of cancer, he has ordered a CT scan for further evidence. 
    So all in all a good day at the office.
    I may play tonight if the discomfort settles, pretty sure it will :)
    Good luck, have fun all. X
  • edited September 2016
    Great news.

I'll raise a glass to your health tonight. I wont bother trying on any holiday envy as I think you will soon trump me there.

• edited September 2016
    Glad it wasn't the grim news you were expecting. Let's hope it's something that's easily sorted. Xx 
  • edited September 2016
    Good news tom run golden
  • edited September 2016
    wayhey good news Tom , gl tonight i might see you :)
  • edited September 2016
    you've certainly been through the mill tom now enjoy your holiday with your lovely wife you both deserve it xx dB
  • edited September 2016
    thanks for sharing Tom, glgl
  • edited September 2016
    Thanks all for the lovely messages.
    I have had a bit of a stressful week one way and another, first off the health - I'm really struggling with the urgency issue. At the risk of sounding sexist, being male it's not great when I don't make the bathroom in the 10 seconds I have from "oh I must go" to "OMG I can't hold it in".
    The blood also worries me even though the hospital appointment has allayed some of those fears, I received a letter today which was copied in to me from the hospital to my doctor, they will be trying different medication, hope it has the desired effect.
    The holiday has also been a tad crazy this past 2 or 3 weeks, the company we booked with managed to "lose" my seats which I had booked for extra leg room due to the discomfort I have in leg and hip area, they managed to get them back only to lose a complete flight this time, I was on the phone to them and America over 23 times, it seems sorted now, bit of a faff having 4 different reference numbers now though.
    Had to go shopping last night, just managed to late reg the 7:45 Deepstack, bit pricey for me, but hey ho. There was quite a bit of unusual play in it, ,managed to build a decent stack til my KK was beaten by KQ, thems the breaks ey :)
    Liking the 3k chips in the PL08 tourney, got to final table but busted in 4th, overall break even for the evenings entertainment.
    Hate to see a really good man struggle with brutal beats on the felt, really hope it turns soon,
    Just taken my lovely daughters Pug for a lonnnnnnng walk in the woods, lovely weather, and I had my dear wife with me, what a lovely afternoon.
    That's all for now folks, be Nice, have fun x
  • edited September 2016
    Tom sent you a pm xx
  • edited September 2016
    Tom sent you a pm xx
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Hi Donna.
    I can't look at my messages on iPad but will look and reply when it's my turn with my PC on Tuesday , thank you for the message. Xx