You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My story

Comments

• edited April 2016
    It never rains but it pours mate!

Best of luck in the job interview, you are certainly due some run good. 

I love the fact that after all the tough times you are encountering, you never lose your great sense of humour. That says a lot about the kind of bloke you are.

All the best mate
  • edited April 2016
    Wow.

Blame Mrs Duck for the real-life bok.

Hope you are all ok from the crash and that the insurance companies resolve any damage without fuss.

Good luck with the interview.

• edited April 2016

OMGyou couldn't make it up. glgl.

• edited April 2016
    Most appropriate finishing 13th in Dtd yesterday....

Insurance companies playing silly beggars, how could it possibly be classed a " Non Fault Claim" sigh...

Fin 2nd in a PL08 tourney, should I go over to the dark side? ;)

Lovely day for a drive.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: My story:
    Most appropriate finishing 13th in Dtd yesterday.... Insurance companies playing silly beggars, how could it possibly be classed a " Non Fault Claim" sigh... Fin 2nd in a PL08 tourney, should I go over to the dark side? ;) Lovely day for a drive.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Get yourself a dashcam - insurance companies cant argue then (got mine for £40).
    Yes do come over to the "darkside"
  • edited April 2016
    All the best for tomorrow Tom.

If you can see this ;)
  • edited April 2016
  • edited April 2016
    All the best for tomorrow Tom. If you can see this ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Thanks Jon, it went pretty well. I managed to make it there without incident thank goodness., I was there for 2 hours, must stop telling folk about my WSOP experience ;)

Finally moving forward with the " accident " , we have just picked up the courtesy car, apparently our car will take at least 2 weeks to fix, the court case is on the 20th April so that may be the date when the girl finally admits responsibility for the collision.

I was born on the wrong date, my Birthday is next Monday...DTD will have to take a back seat on that day, oh the dilemma...
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: My story : Thanks Jon, it went pretty well. I managed to make it there without incident thank goodness., I was there for 2 hours, must stop telling folk about my WSOP experience ;) Finally moving forward with the " accident " , we have just picked up the courtesy car, apparently our car will take at least 2 weeks to fix, the court case is on the 20th April so that may be the date when the girl finally admits responsibility for the collision. I was born on the wrong date, my Birthday is next Monday...DTD will have to take a back seat on that day, oh the dilemma...
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Grrrrr.

If you know turns up with Brian Lara stories then I'm going over the balcony.
  • edited April 2016
    Omg Tom so glad everyone is ok. Wishing you luck in your job hunt. I am sure you won't be unemployed for long as someone will see what an asset you will be to their company. Well they say bad luck comes in 3's let's hope it's all out of the way and your run of golden luck will start. Hugs Xx
  • edited April 2016
    Omg Tom so glad everyone is ok. Wishing you luck in your job hunt. I am sure you won't be unemployed for long as someone will see what an asset you will be to their company. Well they say bad luck comes in 3's let's hope it's all out of the way and your run of golden luck will start. Hugs Xx
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Thank you Donna, very kind of you to send good wishes.x
  • edited April 2016
    Had a good week, a really nice bloke came round and fixed my roof tiles, very professional and kind, you would do well to get in touch if you live in my area if you have any building works or stuff need doing, oh his name? You know him as Mumsie on here.
    It was my birthday on Monday, had most of family round and the good lady cooked a lovely meal for us, goodness knows how she does it, I struggle to cook for myself,Alex and the wife now I am the designated cook..
    I received some lovely cards, I always read the words on them, some of them brought a lump to my throat, I have this cheeky habit of lifting the card and shaking it to see if any money flutters out, kids know me by now so it doesn't bother them when I shake my head and tut :)
    I got a lovely card from both my sisters, in one it said get yourself something nice, I did the old shake the card thingy but no dosh fluttered, was a little bemused and wondered what she meant, perhaps I was to treat myself during the day? 
    I left it for a while but it was bugging me, I thought surely it wasn't in the envelope I threw in the bin? Should I check the bin...
    Checked the bin, delved through stuff, found envelope with a cheque inside :)
    I went for an interview today, I rejoin the ranks of the employed next Monday :) happy days.
    I told him we have a holiday booked and he was cool with that, also told him I have an injection every 3 months, cool with that also. My wife said she is proud of me, isn't it lovely when your loved one says things like that, my son helped me enormously with the 21st century cv malarkey, I'm a lucky man.
  • edited April 2016

Wonderful news, well done Tom.
  • edited April 2016
    Posted by Tikay10
    Amen to that.

Having to tell a future employer that you have a holiday booked? Yes I've been there before ;)
  • edited April 2016
    Great post, great news
  • edited April 2016
    Brilliant stuff Tom, delighted for you.

Neil
  • edited April 2016
    Great news tom onwards and upwards gl on everything
  • edited April 2016
    pleased for you Tom wd great news
  • edited April 2016
    N1 Tom, all the best with the new job
  • edited April 2016
    Firstly,  belated happy birthday  and secondly, many congratulations on your new job. :):) xxx
  • edited April 2016
    Firstly,  belated happy birthday  and secondly, many congratulations on your new job. :):) xxx
  • edited April 2016
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you, was a team effort though. :)
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: My story : Amen to that. Having to tell a future employer that you have a holiday booked? Yes I've been there before ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Quite surprised you didn't mention you turn up for interview with shorts, sunglasses and sangria on way to airport :) you related to Alan Whicker perchance.
  • edited April 2016
    Great post, great news
    Posted by Jac35
    Thanks Paul, all I need now is to find work trousers that fit my ever expanding waistline :(
  • edited April 2016
    Brilliant stuff Tom, delighted for you. Neil
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Thanks Neil, most kind young man.
  • edited April 2016
    Great news tom onwards and upwards gl on everything
    Posted by weecheez1
    Thanks Mate, keep calling my raises with 68 suited please ;)
  • edited April 2016
    :))) <3
    Posted by mrsduck
    :) I'm great me lol.
  • edited April 2016
    pleased for you Tom wd great news
    Posted by stokefc
    Thanks Sean, hope all is well with you and family.
  • edited April 2016
    N1 Tom, all the best with the new job
    Posted by waller02
    Thanks Ryan, I'm a tad apprehensive but that's to be expected