You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My story

Comments

• edited March 2016
    DO IT! :))) 
    Hope you're well Tom xx
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: My story:
    My neighbour Sasha is away at the weekend and wants me to look after her 2 Cats, she mentioned they need lots of attention. My question is, should I play with the Cats for Sash?
    Posted by tomgoodun
    I think deep down you know its morally wrong, but then you'll find yourself doing it anyway cos you don't practise what you preach.

Mind the claws.
  • edited March 2016
    My neighbour Sasha is away at the weekend and wants me to look after her 2 Cats, she mentioned they need lots of attention. My question is, should I play with the Cats for Sash?
    Posted by tomgoodun
  • edited March 2016
    Posted by tomgoodun
    : )
  • edited March 2016
    Play "wheres the cucumber ?".

Cats love it.
  • edited March 2016
    The jury is out on my play on words above, dunno if it was too subtle ;)
    My good lady and I were driving back from our shopping trip the other day, we saw an elderly man on the pavement with a concerned looking woman beside him, I stopped the car to the derision of the drivers behind me, they were honking their horns and giving me glaring looks as they went to their important meetings at the pub.
    We got out and rushed over to offer our assistance, "Are you ok, do you need an ambulance" we asked, cue bemused looks, " No it's ok, we are just checking our water meter, our bill was very high "

Poker went ok last night, cashed in Bounty Hunter, Fin 7th in £2 Deepstack, and won a £1 entry PL 08 

• edited March 2016
    The jury is out on my play on words above, dunno if it was too subtle ;) My good lady and I were driving back from our shopping trip the other day, we saw an elderly man on the pavement with a concerned looking woman beside him, I stopped the car to the derision of the drivers behind me, they were honking their horns and giving me glaring looks as they went to their important meetings at the pub. We got out and rushed over to offer our assistance, "Are you ok, do you need an ambulance" we asked, cue bemused looks, " No it's ok, we are just checking our water meter, our bill was very high " Poker went ok last night, cashed in Bounty Hunter, Fin 7th in £2 Deepstack, and won a £1 entry PL 08 
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Only 7th in the deepstack?
    Shoddy
  • edited March 2016
    The jury is out on my play on words above, dunno if it was too subtle ;) My good lady and I were driving back from our shopping trip the other day, we saw an elderly man on the pavement with a concerned looking woman beside him, I stopped the car to the derision of the drivers behind me, they were honking their horns and giving me glaring looks as they went to their important meetings at the pub. We got out and rushed over to offer our assistance, "Are you ok, do you need an ambulance" we asked, cue bemused looks, " No it's ok, we are just checking our water meter, our bill was very high " Poker went ok last night, cashed in Bounty Hunter, Fin 7th in £2 Deepstack, and won a £1 entry PL 08 
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Was there a crashed push bike next to him?
  • edited March 2016
    My neighbour Sasha is away at the weekend and wants me to look after her 2 Cats, she mentioned they need lots of attention. My question is, should I play for the Cats for Sash?
    Posted by tomgoodun

FYP! ;-)
  • edited March 2016
    Today I am feeling very low, we had a financial advisor round yesterday as I have a pension due to mature on  my birthday in April. I am not too great with money so my no 1 choice was take either the 25% out you can tax free ( holiday spending money ) Or take it all out ( more holiday spending money)

My level headed good lady wife has a slightly different opinion, which doesn't involve holiday spending money...

The obvious fact of my current health situation had to be put out there to give the advisor all the info to base a neutral judgement, when Sarah said the word incurable it brought me back down to earth from my previous jovial mood.

He said, best to leave it in, sigh..onwards and downwards.

• edited March 2016
    Chin up tom played with you last night but was multi tabling so didn't get a chance to natter you got to take things as they come mate pensions and the like will take care of themselves let the good lady deal with them you concentrate on skinning fish like me lol be lucky
  • edited March 2016
    How are you Tom?

More updates please, don't keep your fans waiting :)
  • edited March 2016
    Chin up Tom. You will have up and down days. But live like everyday could be your last. Do what you want to do and don't make excuses. Xxxx
  • edited March 2016
    Chin up Tom. You will have up and down days. But live like everyday could be your last. Do what you want to do and don't make excuses. Xxxx
  • edited March 2016
    I had a really nice online pm chat with a chap I hold in high regard, helped me enormously. I was being rather self centred and had put to one side how things affect my nearest and dearest, my chin is now up :)
    Health wise for those of you who still follow my trials and tribulations is similar to poker, at present I am having a little downswing, maybe variance will kick in soon. I am following docs instructions and drinking more water, hard not to really when before I was hardly drinking any... Thing is , drinking water seems to make me do the thing I am desperately trying to avoid doing too much -,getting up in the night to go to the loo..who would have thought that ey.
    I booked yesterday and today off work, my good lady is off also, really nice to spend time together, she is keeping me busy with starting on the decorating, painting kitchen at present, of course we do it together. Thing is though, it would be ok if it was just pick up a brush, or pad, or roller whatever your weapon of choice is and start painting, of course it isn't as simple as that, there's all the masking up palaver. Wife bought a tape and drape malarkey, works a bloody treat, google it, your life won't be the same :).
    Pokers going a tad iffy at present - AA v 83 doesn't come close ;)
    I have made the decision to change my game slightly,there's a small chance folk have notes on me.
    My good lady has just reminded me She has bought me an Easter egg...doh, hope shops are open tomorrow.
    Good luck all, thanks for the messages of support, Paul you are a Saint, Jon you are still my hero.
  • edited March 2016
    yeah jacs a goodun love him to bits "virtually" he was there for me too Tom
    get that decorating done and enjoy your holibobs but most of all keep marching m8..keep marching
  • edited March 2016
    http://storelocator.asda.com/store/hailsham
    Posted by mumsie
    Unfortunately they had a selection of precisely......one.,which I know for sure the wife doesn't like, toddled across to Tesco and purchased a definite winner :)
  • edited March 2016
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Thanks Donna, I am feeling a little better today, onwards and upwards x
  • edited March 2016
    yeah jacs a goodun love him to bits "virtually" he was there for me too Tom get that decorating done and enjoy your holibobs but most of all keep marching m8..keep marching
    Posted by stokefc
    :) how did you know I was talking about jac , you are psychic ;) 
    Good luck with the big un mate, play it like the £2 Deepstack and you will be fine.
  • edited March 2016

Cats for Sash, too good Tom, too good.
  • edited March 2016
    Cats for Sash, too good Tom, too good.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Only about 2 weeks late as well Tony.
  • edited March 2016
    I'm quite surprised that Hrry and Hendrick are missing from the forum, really enjoy their witty comments and the succinct way they stick up for sky without causing offence and using swear words like others. Wonder if anyone can shed any light on this.
  • edited March 2016
    Today I am feeling very low, we had a financial advisor round yesterday as I have a pension due to mature on  my birthday in April. I am not too great with money so my no 1 choice was take either the 25% out you can tax free ( holiday spending money ) Or take it all out ( more holiday spending money) My level headed good lady wife has a slightly different opinion, which doesn't involve holiday spending money... The obvious fact of my current health situation had to be put out there to give the advisor all the info to base a neutral judgement, when Sarah said the word incurable it brought me back down to earth from my previous jovial mood. He said, best to leave it in, sigh..onwards and downwards.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Hopefully you've bounced back. And how do you know your financial advisor has provided the best advice? Just because you're not the best with money doesn't mean he's any better with yours. You've a tough juggling act and yes you need to prepare for the future but you also need to enjoy today with your family. I'd be needing a lot stronger rationale as to why withdrawing and benefitting from the tax free allowance isn't the right thing for you.
  • edited March 2016
    I'm quite surprised that Hrry and Hendrick are missing from the forum, really enjoy their witty comments and the succinct way they stick up for sky without causing offence and using swear words like others. Wonder if anyone can shed any light on this.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Me too, Tom.

I was tipped off about this overnight via a PM elsewhere, so I'm trying to sort it out, I have no idea what happened, or why.

Unforch, I can't sort it today, but I'll send a note up, & chase it first thing tomorrow.

A complete mystery to me, & a little annoying that I was not aware.

Fingers crossed it is a misunderstanding, & we can get it rectified quickly.

• edited March 2016
    Posted by tomgoodun
    About time I'd say

Looks like we've escaped the cull, Tom.
    For now...
  • edited March 2016
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Morning Tom.

As promised, I enquired about this, & it's a bit of a mystery, as nobody seems to know why it happened, or who did it.

Let's call it an administrative error & ask no more questions.

Both chat bans have been reversed, & they are free to continue posting.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: My story : Hopefully you've bounced back. And how do you know your financial advisor has provided the best advice? Just because you're not the best with money doesn't mean he's any better with yours. You've a tough juggling act and yes you need to prepare for the future but you also need to enjoy today with your family. I'd be needing a lot stronger rationale as to why withdrawing and benefitting from the tax free allowance isn't the right thing for you.
    Posted by GELDY
    All financial advisers giving investment advice, including pensions advice, have needed to be qualified to diploma level (essentially first year degree standard) in financial planning since 2012. Finanial planning at or approaching retirement is often very complex as many things have to be taken into account, not least the tax implications and succession planning aspects. These may be even more relevant in Tom's case.

Tom I assume your financial adviser is an IFA (independent financial adviser) and if so I would like to hope that you are happy with them and the advice they have given you at this stage. If you would like a second opinion or to just have a chat about things, then please drop me a pm.

Regards

Paul
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: My story : Morning Tom. As promised, I enquired about this, & it's a bit of a mystery, as nobody seems to know why it happened, or who did it.   Let's call it an administrative error & ask no more questions.   Both chat bans have been reversed, & they are free to continue posting.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Excellent news (well in Neil's case anyway!) Has someone been going rogue in Sky's admin department recently? A bit too much easter chocolate or something like that?
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: My story : Morning Tom. As promised, I enquired about this, & it's a bit of a mystery, as nobody seems to know why it happened, or who did it.   Let's call it an administrative error & ask no more questions.   Both chat bans have been reversed, & they are free to continue posting.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you for the update, much appreciated.