You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My story

Comments

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: My story:
    Morning Tom. Just popped in to say Merry Christmas to you & your family. You are always kind enough to take time to thank everyone who posts on here, & that's nice, but you are an inspiration to so many of us, with your honesty & bravery during what must have been a dreadful time for you. When I see so many "glass half full" Posts on the community, complaining of some triviality or other, I always think of folks like you who have real life issues, & yet seem to stay cheerful, positive & happy. You are a real hero to us.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well said. Merry Xmas-and may the New Year be great.

On the subject of remaining positive, I recall the great Danny Blanchflower commentating on an American football (soccer) game, when he said "This game is boring". In his earpiece the Producer said "this is America, Mr Blanchflower, accentuate the positive, accentuate the positive!"

Mr Blanchflower stated, without missing a beat:-"I have been asked to point out that this match is positively boring..."
  • edited December 2015
    Morning Tom. Just popped in to say Merry Christmas to you & your family. You are always kind enough to take time to thank everyone who posts on here, & that's nice, but you are an inspiration to so many of us, with your honesty & bravery during what must have been a dreadful time for you. When I see so many "glass half full" Posts on the community, complaining of some triviality or other, I always think of folks like you who have real life issues, & yet seem to stay cheerful, positive & happy. You are a real hero to us.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Good Morning Mr.K.
    Thank you, and all the very best to you and family. I must admit this put a smile on my face so many thanks for that,you see, I was going to post how poorly my good lady has been and I have caught half of what she had, but I shall remain positive and upbeat and look forward to my son and mother in law coming round for Xmas dinner,the gift giving,the true love shown,and general xmassy stuff. I have been luckier than most all year as I have been shown true love throughout the year, small things in life make huge impacts,the people who take the time to post on here for instance don't really know how much that means to me, I try to convey thanks but somehow that doesn't cut it.
    Happy Xmas All, be safe,be happy,have fun xx
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: My story : Well said. Merry Xmas-and may the New Year be great. On the subject of remaining positive, I recall the great Danny Blanchflower commentating on an American football (soccer) game, when he said "This game is boring". In his earpiece the Producer said "this is America, Mr Blanchflower, accentuate the positive, accentuate the positive!" Mr Blanchflower stated, without missing a beat:-"I have been asked to point out that this match is positively boring..."
    Posted by Essexphil
    Happy Xmas Phil, thank you for everything you tried to help me with through these testing times.
  • edited December 2015
    Merry Christmas Tom, have a fantastic time with your family xx
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: My story : sry for lateness Tikay,i would like in the future to play UKPC but not this time got things planned for that time in Feb,hope you have a great time at DTD which im sure you will run golden Tom
    Posted by stokefc
    Happy Xmas Sean, hope you have a fab time with your loved ones.
  • edited December 2015
    Merry Christmas Tom, have a fantastic time with your family xx
    Posted by mrsduck
    Thank you Mrs D, Merry Xmas to you and Mr D, would be lovely with ducklings around this time of year ;) xx
  • edited December 2015
    sounds as if you had a fantastic time tom a well deserved break for you and your good lady next time dont forget to pack your arm bands.
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Merry Xmas miss /Mrs DB , hope you get all you need x
  • edited December 2015
    I don't post often but wishing you all the best Tom 
    Posted by cartoonp
    Merry Xmas sir/madam :) have a splendid time.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: My story : You tend to talk a lot of tosh but you are right on this one 
    Posted by Jac35
    Happy Xmas Paul, many thanks for all you have helped me with throughout the year, best wishes to Penny and Harry also.
  • edited December 2015
    have a nice trip Tom
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Happy Xmas Neil, many thanks for putting a smile on my face throughout the year.
  • edited December 2015
    Have a great Holiday Tom and Mrs Tom xxxx
    Posted by paige55
    Happy Xmas to Mr & Mrs Paige, be happy x
  • edited December 2015
    Hi Tom, Just wanted to check in and see how you were doing? Regards, James
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Happy Xmas James, try to pause for an hour to soak up the atmosphere of the holiday season :)
  • edited December 2015
    Happy holidays Mister :) I know how much you've been looking forward to this trip, and need it I think, after the last few months. Lets just hope Sarah doesn't break yr plastic :)  *oh and ty for yr braggy pm this morning, while I am stuck here in the cold ;) 
    Posted by samantha25
    Happy Xmas Sam Dear, hope you and lovely Poppy,Gemma,Michael, and all the family have a wonderful time xx
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: My story : Good Morning Mr.K. Thank you, and all the very best to you and family. I must admit this put a smile on my face so many thanks for that,you see, I was going to post how poorly my good lady has been and I have caught half of what she had, but I shall remain positive and upbeat and look forward to my son and mother in law coming round for Xmas dinner,the gift giving,the true love shown,and general xmassy stuff. I have been luckier than most all year as I have been shown true love throughout the year, small things in life make huge impacts,the people who take the time to post on here for instance don't really know how much that means to me, I try to convey thanks but somehow that doesn't cut it. Happy Xmas All, be safe,be happy,have fun xx
    Posted by tomgoodun
    I think they DO, Tom. There are some genuinely wonderful people here, & many of them post for a reason - they KNOW how much it matters to you.

x
  • edited December 2015
    have a great day tom all the best m8 keep marching brother
  • edited December 2015
    Have a Wonderful day Tom and your family.Merry Christmas love mr and mrs paige aka trish and tony xxx
  • edited December 2015
    Happy Christmas Tom
  • edited December 2015
    Merry Christmas Tom to  you and your Family good luck for the New Year2016  I removed my posts as I was told my comments were over the top and I was invading your thread.  No disrespect intended.   Don
  • edited December 2015
    Merry Christmas Tom to  you and your Family good luck for the New Year2016  I removed my posts as I was told my comments were over the top and I was invading your thread.  No disrespect intended.   Don
    Posted by goldon
    Belated seasons greetings Don, no harm done mate,must admit I was a bit worried about the sordid details ;) then again if it gets folk to check things out with their doc to avoid them then I guess it may be a good thing...who knows.
  • edited December 2015
    Xmas highlights - I had to have the last 2 days off work before Xmas with the bug all family had, stayed near bathroom for 4 days :(.
    Daughter had worst of it and couldn't eat anything Xmas day, steadily got worse and I ended up taking her to A & E at 6.30pm, test after test and returned home at 2.15 am, she still isn't 100%.

Got some lovely presents, Son got me and Sarah a Segway Experiance thingy, really looking forward to that.
    Darling Daughter got me a Spicery gift, it's a curry thing which they send ingredients and menu, I love cooking them.
    Dear wife got me a Sat - Nav, I can now visit places out of our street without getting lost..happy days :)
    Lots of sweeties, chocolate , and various eating paraphernalia .
    New car seat covers,which will help keep inside of car clean whilst eating aforementioned sweeties.

Son and his girlfriend brought a pub quiz game round which we played on Boxing Day, absolute hoot, highlight of the evening was Sarah and I giving Daughter and son,and their respective partners a clue to the question about what song Paul McCartney and Sevie Wonder duetted , we hummed the tune to Ebony and Ivory, I was Stevie Wonder, the looks we got whilst trying to hum and stay in tune and character whilst laughing our heads off were priceless..:)
  • edited December 2015
    I have been contemplating ending this thread, at present I am in remission which pretty much means day to day I am doing the same things, taking medication,having ups and downs,etc etc.
    When I think of the suffering of others, and the passing of Dale, I feel that I'm doing them a dis-service by posting my "journey" to (hopefully) recovery, it's such a head scratcher.
    I may post now and again to do my bit for the forum,although at present I have nothing to report other than I haven't played poker over the Xmas period, I shall be participating in ukops tonight in a few of the smaller buy ins.

Once again a huge thanks to all who have contributed to this thread and kept my spirits high when I definately needed it, there are lots of kind folk on here which have helped me and given me hope for the future.

Good luck, be safe,be happy x
  • edited December 2015
    Best Wishes for 2016 and beyond Tom
  • edited December 2015
    On the contrary Tom 
    Not only do we want to cheer your successes
    But you owe it to the next one of us to be diagnosed
    That there is hope
    glgl
  • edited December 2015
    Tom please do not shut this thread down,Not sure what to say to you only that the man who works for my husband, has  been through what you have gone through, he is well now :):):) please stay and post when you feel you need to, my regards always to you and your family, my best wishes i send you for 2016 love trish and tony xxx
  • edited December 2015

Please keep posting Tom. I read but dont post anymore on here due to your 'associates' but will post my support for it now.

Best wishes to you and your family in 2016. regards, Alan.

• edited December 2015
    Please keep posting Tom. I read but dont post anymore on here due to your 'associates' but will post my support for it now. Best wishes to you and your family in 2016. regards, Alan.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    How magnanimous of you.
  • edited December 2015

I rest my case Tom ;)   You may see it one day. You seem a intelligent man. I have chose to ignore the keyboard warriors/wind up merchants/sad troll life on here now....like I said, it is why I didn't comment on your thread for a while.
  • edited December 2015

Morning Tom,

Entirely up to you.

Let me say this though - your thread has been a reality check, to see you bravely battling this dreadful illness, & with such dignity, has been uplifting for so many of us, & it makes it harder for us to take the minor moans & groans of poker players ("where's my Freeroll?") seriously.

Happy New Year, & here's to a happy 2016. And '17, & '18, & beyond.
  • edited December 2015
    Forgiveness. Below is a true story.
    When I was in my teens I was "best buddies" with a lad, we went pretty much everywhere, shared everything. Of course there were folk that doubted him, came from wrong side of tracks, etc etc, he was a fun guy and we had some great times.
    He lost his job for some reason or another, doesn't matter really, I was gainfully employed down t' pit, we used to meet up after I fin work at the weekend and he had his dole money, we went to the pub, both of us were pretty good at pool, played for a quid winner stays on, I used to win about £25 a night which when you consider a pint was about 50p and it was £2.50 to get in the nightclub it was fun times, every time I won I just threw the pound note to my mate and we would tally up at the end of the evening and go to the nightclub to enjoy the rest of the evening on one way or another...:)
    When the pit was shut down we decided to "up sticks" and come down to Eastbourne, rinse repeat above, fab times.
    Of course as time past we went our separate ways, fell in love etc etc.
    10 or so years later we bumped into each other, went to the pub, had a meal, caught up with all what's happening and reminisced about the great times we had, we both had a bit to drink. Then he broke down crying....and said " please forgive me Tom, when we used to go out and I said I had no money left and you paid, I had put some of the winnings from pool in my sock, I lied to you"
    He had been carrying the burden of guilt around for many years, of course I forgave him. I walked away after shaking his hand, we were young, we do stupid things, say stupid things,.
    The moral of the story? Dunno really, we are here a short time and keeping hold of bitterness does no one any good.try to forgive and forget.
  • edited December 2015
    Tom,

That little vignette is exactly the reason I would love to see you keep posting and keep this thread going.

Ps did i ever tell you about Brian Laras house ;-)))