You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My story

Comments

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: My story:
    You're awesome Tom Nuff said
    Posted by Jac35
    :) Thanks for bigging me up Paul, it gives balance to the folk that think I'm an a-ole and my family will testament the fact that I preach that all the time (Balance, not the fact I am an a)

I am embaressed to say I have been a bit self centred lately, I have just started reading your diary from Page 1 and it has given me the kick up the backside I need thank you. I agree with H that it is a wonderful read. The humour and ups and downs, stories and general life stuff have me transfixed, please give Penny my best wishes for the future.
  • edited October 2015
    Hope you don't mind me posting it here, but happy anniversary to you and your good wife, Tom. Some people may never experience the years of love and happiness you've had together, and I know you treasure them.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    That's very kind of you H, thank you. I will not pry but I hope you are ok my good man. I have to say your anti jackpot idea made me lol., please run for prime minister :)
  • edited October 2015
    My mood has gone from being a doom merchant to being Mr.Happy, funny how a little thing like getting a positive result from hospital can have such an impact, I give advice on not projecting and live in the day and make the most of it and then do the opposite myself.
    Just returned from town- Chlothes shopping for our upcoming holiday, I am officially not the lithe model I once was. enjoyed every minute though, even managed to pursuade my good lady to purchase me a new cardigan ( she had threatened to burn my favourite one as I put all my gubbins in the pockets, apparently it looks like a sack)
    I have been reading jac's diary from the beginning- wonderful read, a certain part brought back memories of a lad I used to know from my youth, right rascal he was, about 4ft tall when I was 5ft 10, we went to the same schools and played in the rugby team, I was the prop and he was the hoo.ker I recall one match when there was trash talk in the scrum and he got a bit mad at the opposing prop, (got to add he wasn't scared of anyone) he squared up to him, trash talk continued so he put his hands on the guys shoulders jumped up and butted him in the nose, guy went down like the proverbial sack of s....
    I don't condone violence but we were lads and it was so funny at the time.
    We played 3 card brag in the pub before we were old enough to frequent said establishment, he won all the time, he even showed me how to shuffle the deck to make it so one person gets a good hand and he would get a better one, would never happen nowadays ;)
  • edited October 2015
    Hiya Mr Tom

Just wanted to say that I hope you're looking forward to your holiday and hope you have a fab time xx
  • edited October 2015
    Have A GREAT HOLIDAY TOM XXX
  • edited October 2015
    ^ I am very much looking forward to our holiday :) We booked it a little later than normal due to circumstances out of our control, and the unknown of the work situation, when we eventually did book it the nice lady asked if there were any special circumstances or particular needs. Now I am not one for wanting any special treatment but I have to be honest with myself and them ( especially the kind insurance company .....) 
     I can no longer sit down for long periods without experiencing pain in my leg and hip, so a 9 hour flight would be rather uncomfortable to say the least, I told the lady of my condition and she said they have a department which helps people like me and she passed me over to said special needs dept, another nice lady informed me that they take out blocks of seats - eg bulk head with extra legroom and choose passengers who have the most need of them and sit them there, I was very happy with that but sort of stopped listening to the important part ( I am a bloke after all) 
    The important part is that you only find out if you have got one of these seats the day before flight, Dohh, I am not a genius but this seems a flawed system to me...
    As we have a connecting flight I had to ring them to go through the same procedure as it was operated by a different Airline company, cue ringing America at 5.30 pm after work, they were really helpful and said yes you have been seated in the bulkhead section, happy days ish, I just have to wait til 24 hours before my 9 hour flight to see if my lottery ticket has come up.i know I can book extra legroom seats at £40 per person per flight, works out at £320 bit of a dilemma now...
  • edited October 2015
    Where are you going Tom?
  • edited October 2015
    Where are you going Tom?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Southern Carribean Cruise, staying in Puerto Rico for 3 days then Cruise Antigua, St Lucia, Grenada, St Croix, St John USVi.
    We have done the cruise a couple of times now and absolutely loved it, we are visiting a few Islands we haven't been to and a couple we have, Last year we went with Carnival Cruise lines and although it was really nice we both felt that Royal Carribean suits us better so we are going with them this year.
  • edited October 2015
    you enjoy yersen Tom, treat the wife like a queen.have a great time
  • edited October 2015
    you enjoy yersen Tom, treat the wife like a queen.have a great time
    Posted by stokefc
    Ha, good bit of Midlands speak there.

I'd enjoy messen, too.

• edited October 2015

Cracker of a cruise that, Tom. Think you & your family deserve that, been quite a year, eh? 
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: My story : Southern Carribean Cruise, staying in Puerto Rico for 3 days then Cruise Antigua, St Lucia, Grenada, St Croix, St John USVi. We have done the cruise a couple of times now and absolutely loved it, we are visiting a few Islands we haven't been to and a couple we have, Last year we went with Carnival Cruise lines and although it was really nice we both felt that Royal Carribean suits us better so we are going with them this year.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Sounds alright, but its not a patch on the Yorkshire cruise.

Out of Hull, up to Scarbados, Filey, Bridlington and ends in sunny Redcar. No flying required. Uses a state of the art dingy to navigate the choppy waters. On a clear day, you might spot a rare sighting of some shopping trolleys floating in and around Scarborough beach.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: My story : Sounds alright, but its not a patch on the Yorkshire cruise. Out of Hull, up to Scarbados, Filey, Bridlington and ends in sunny Redcar. No flying required. Uses a state of the art dingy to navigate the choppy waters. On a clear day, you might spot a rare sighting of some shopping trolleys floating in and around Scarborough beach.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Ooh very good - "Scarbados". 3 Bonus points for that.

"dingy"? Deduct 2 bonus points.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: My story : Sounds alright, but its not a patch on the Yorkshire cruise. Out of Hull, up to Scarbados, Filey, Bridlington and ends in sunny Redcar. No flying required. Uses a state of the art dingy to navigate the choppy waters. On a clear day, you might spot a rare sighting of some shopping trolleys floating in and around Scarborough beach.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I was lucky enough to spend the first 23 years of my life within a 5 minute drive of Redcar.

I owe everything to lemon tops. Especially my masculine figure.
  • edited October 2015
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    That was actually our first choice but is fully booked up for the foreseeable as all the " dinghies" are full.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: My story : Ooh very good - "Scarbados". 3 Bonus points for that. "dingy"? Deduct 2 bonus points.
    Posted by Tikay10
    We have it all in Yorkshire.

Scarbados, Ponte Carlo, Cas Vegas......and Redcar, though I'm pretty sure that is Teeside not Yorkshire. We don't want it, they are welcome to claim.

Think you guys might have misunderstood me. I didn't mean 'dinghy', I quite obviously meant 'dingy'.

Dingy....Dingy is a word that can be used as an adjective to describe someone who is forgetful and makes silly choices at times. It's similar to ditzy, only usually implies it as a less intensified. Often times it refers to someone who has less than average common sense and/or simply doesn't think about what they are doing, as well as frequently forgetting about what they are doing or what they have planned.

We have loads of dingys in this neck of the woods, its why we use the state of the art ones for the various Yorkshire cruises.

Hope this clarifies nicely, and doesn't look like its just be made up on the spot.
  • edited October 2015
    Hi Tom,

Just wanted to check in and see how you were doing?

Regards,

James

• edited October 2015

Hope all is OK, Tom.
  • edited October 2015
    Bearing up chaps, I rang docs to see if they had results of my sample I produced on the spot at hospital, they didn't know owt about it, rang hospital, they said I had to go docs, merry go round. Went to docs to pick up a prescription and make a doc appointment, receptionist said the doc will ring me on Monday ( At Work) to discuss my problem to see if I need looking at, I am by no means a prude but discussing REALLY personal stuff over the phone whilst in the office is a little embarrassing to say the least.....

It's my beautiful daughters birthday today :) we took her out for breakfast this morning after her night shift, she was really happy and it is such a joy seeing her with a smile on her face...here's the thing though, my good lady wife had the "super" idea as to what present to get her ( I am rubbish at guessing what presents to give so I really shouldn't say this) 

My daughter is always "fake tanning" as is the norm with kids of that age, so my good ladies idea was to get her a self tanning thingamajig , it's like a BIG Tent with a spray gun with all different shades, ronseal bronze etc etc, I expressed my concern before we purchased said thingy, ie we have just moved into a new house, new carpets, daughter is a messy so and so, is this a wise choice? I am going to find it really hard not to say the words " I told you so" the first time she uses it :)
    My wife's birthday in 2 weeks - I am struggling to think of a gift to get her ( a pet tiger perchance)
  • edited October 2015
    Bearing up chaps, I rang docs to see if they had results of my sample I produced on the spot at hospital, they didn't know owt about it, rang hospital, they said I had to go docs, merry go round. Went to docs to pick up a prescription and make a doc appointment, receptionist said the doc will ring me on Monday ( At Work) to discuss my problem to see if I need looking at, I am by no means a prude but discussing REALLY personal stuff over the phone whilst in the office is a little embarrassing to say the least..... It's my beautiful daughters birthday today :) we took her out for breakfast this morning after her night shift, she was really happy and it is such a joy seeing her with a smile on her face...here's the thing though, my good lady wife had the "super" idea as to what present to get her ( I am rubbish at guessing what presents to give so I really shouldn't say this)  My daughter is always "fake tanning" as is the norm with kids of that age, so my good ladies idea was to get her a self tanning thingamajig , it's like a BIG Tent with a spray gun with all different shades, ronseal bronze etc etc, I expressed my concern before we purchased said thingy, ie we have just moved into a new house, new carpets, daughter is a messy so and so, is this a wise choice? I am going to find it really hard not to say the words " I told you so" the first time she uses it :) My wife's birthday in 2 weeks - I am struggling to think of a gift to get her ( a pet tiger perchance)
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Rug Doctor?
  • edited October 2015
    :) Good to see you back Paul. The term Tubby Maestro made me chuckle, always a joy to see your verbal sparring with h :)

I did think rug doctor was Brucie Forsythes go to guy though, before I got my brain in gear and actually read my own post.
  • edited October 2015

Good to see Tom's sense of humour is intact - that's a good sign.
  • edited October 2015
    Happy Birthday to the mini Tom :) 
    Are you going to bring her to the next gathering.. I mean you dared to bring yr sons, right ;)
  • edited October 2015
    Happy Birthday to the mini Tom :)  Are you going to bring her to the next gathering.. I mean you dared to bring yr sons, right ;)
    Posted by samantha25
    That is a great idea, all depends on A- my up and down bodily function situation, B- Chloe's work schedule. After having met you and having chuckles on the felt I am sure you and her will be best buddies ;) 

• edited October 2015
    Home tanning! 

I fear your "I told you so" may get repeated several times per week. 
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: My story : That is a great idea, all depends on A- my up and down bodily function situation, B- Chloe's work schedule. After having met you and having chuckles on the felt I am sure you and her will be best buddies ;) 
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Does she play any poker Tom? Can't believe you would trust me with your little girl lol ;) x
  • edited October 2015
    I think I have a problem with listening to what people are saying or just am toning out after the first few words, that or the doctors receptionist is a little bereft on giving me the facts.
    I had to take a sample in, she gave me the tiny plastic bottle ( how does that work) and I leave my repeat prescription with her to get it signed by doc for me to pick up next day and drop my bottle off ( clever ey, 2 birds one stone and all that)
    I ring at 12.50 next day to check if prescription ready, here's where it starts going a bit wrong....
    I inform her I am hoping to drop it off after work and ask what time they shut, 5pm she says, ok I will fin work early drop off said implement and pick up prescription, oh what prescription she says, uh ohh... The one I dropped off,  let me look for it as t isn't in my tray, oh and you have to be here before 1 as that's when we send the samples away.... Sigh...
    I also have issues with remembering roads and where shops are located, hence picking prescription up and not faxing it through to chemist as is there default,my wife then comes with me and we drop it off at chemist.
    Next phone call, good news Sir I have found your prescription and faxed it through to the chemist for you...aghhhhh....
    But Mrs receptionist I did ask to pick it up as I cannot find the chemist, oh did you? Sorry.....
    I dropped off my sample and have just remembered this morning that I should have rang them yesterday for the results....
  • edited November 2015
    ^ too much info part 2
    I remembered to ring for my results :) Receptionist said the doc has asked for another sample :(
    Toddle to docs all the time thinking they have lost my b...... Sample, ask the receptionist why would the doc ask for another of the same, she looks on her pc and says... ( with a huge smile ) oh he has put here blood found in sample request another...

Of course I go back to work with all kinds of doom n gloom thoughts, get home and speak to my good lady wife ( with my usual sombre expression ) oh Tom she says, the consultant told us this could happen for quite some time due to the brachytherapy ... Dunno whether to feel relieved or not.

Tried a couple of the Ukops tourneys, some rather differing play I must say, got short stacked in the 1st £11 bh and tried to play AA a little too cute, only 3x Bb in earlyish position, 2 callers. Half pot , still 2, 3/4 pot Bb comes along, shove river and lose to 10 4 off suit :)
    Was doing ok in the £5 one last night until someone shoved under gun, I'm sb with QQ and he covers me, maybe it's a flip....I call and he's AA, this time AA holds...Dohh 
    Did ok in the DTD games last night finishing overall 4th ( I think) great banter in the team, love it.
  • edited November 2015
    ^ too much info part 2 I remembered to ring for my results :) Receptionist said the doc has asked for another sample :(

ANOTHER sample? Your GP is taking the p.....:)
  • edited November 2015
    Sorry reader I have been going through a bit of a tough time lately. I took the requested 2nd sample in on Friday as I was having my Hormone and Flu Injections, rang up on Wednesday for the results and got this response - " Oh it says here that the sample couldn't be tested as it was over the 48 hour limit" 
    I guess that dept doesn't work over the weekend, could someone have told me perhaps?
    I have been trying for 3 Weeks to get a doctors appointment, I do realise they are under funded and are short staffed so I have been patient, I cannot post on here what symptoms I have as they are very personal and to be honest I don't think you would want to know :) I asked the receptionist how do we go forward from here and said maybe it's just the effects of my treatment , but it would be nice to get professional advice , she put me on hold and rang the doctor, then said oh the doctor says don't worry about giving another sample.... I said ok, what about my other symptoms? She then spoke to the Locum who asked me to provide another sample....sigh.
    Apparently the doctor wants to ring me next Tuesday (at work) to discuss my symptoms to decide if I need to see them..
    Went home and told my good lady, she has instructed me to tell them I really can't discuss it at work, so I took my sample in today and explained why I would rather not discuss whilst at work, the doc is ringing me tomorrow afternoon as I fin work at 1pm.